Her Rabbit (Fruits Basket)

By AnimeOtaku01

Hinata is taken in by Kyoko and Tohru when they found her abandoned. Hinata, only being a year behind Tohru... More

Hinata Honda
Change
Shigure The Pervert
Rich Man
Kagura
Dying Sunflower
Blonde Hair and Contagious Smile
Visit
Bunny Boy?
Expedition
Yaaaaay!
Make a Wish and Seal it With a Kiss
Sick Birthdays
Weird Days
Bunny Love
Hot Spring
Yay High School.
Memories
Texts
Holy Bunnies!
Kisa
As Long As I'm Here
You Failed
Skip Because Author-chan Isn't Very Interesting and You Don't Want To Read
PLEASE READ!
Horrible
Early Morning Madness
Typical Author Moment
Revelation and Promise
Hiro and Kisa
Dinner Picture
Changes Aren't Always Nice
Pain
I'm Here
Almost
Beach Part 1
Beach Part 2:The Arrival of Akito
The Beginning of the End
Cold
Meet Again
Sequel

Beach Part 3:Tears and Wounds

4.1K 138 54
By AnimeOtaku01

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.
If you were to cry, I would be your shoulder.
If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.
But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. -Unknown

I touched my cheeks with a wince. The cut had mostly healed over the night but the bruise was dark against my paler than usual skin.

I coughed and winced as my heart stuttered. I must be catching a cold. I should probably follow my own advice and stay out of the sun.

I riffled through my bag for a minute before pulling out the concealer Tohru had given me for my birthday but I never used, well not the best reason but what can you do?

I heard shuffling come from outside the bathroom and a few minutes later, Kisa appeared, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

I smiled, she was adorable. "Good morning little tiger."

"Good morning Hinata-nee." She smiled lethargically.

"What are you doing up so early?"

"I had a bad dream." She shuffled her feet.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked gently.

"No...I can't even remember it." I frowned a bit but nodded.

"Want to help me make breakfast?" She perked up and nodded happily.

"...wanna make leeks?" I grinned evilly.

She nodded with a mischievous look in her amber eyes.

I blinked when we came across the dining room to see the familiar green haired man, Hatori.

"Good morning Hatori-san." I greeted while Kisa opted to wave cheerily.

He smiled slightly and nodded at us.

Kisa tugged on my hand and we walked into the kitchen, ready to make Kyo miserable.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
"Leeks?!? No! Hell no!" Kyo shouted running away, straight into Yuki.

"Be grateful you stupid cat." Yuki twitched hitting him back into a chair where Haru tied him up and dragged him to the table.

"Noooooo!"

"Kyo-nii is a baby." Kisa said, Hiro snickered not so quietly and Kyo sent them a death glare.

"Kyo don't glare at them. They are children." I gave him the evil eye.

"Evil children! And you are a child too! What are you? 13?"

I twitched before stuffing a spoon of leeks into his mouth.

"I'm 15 going on 16 you idiot. We've been over this. Now leeks are very good for you and Kisa wanted them, so eat." I smiled sweetly as I forced it down his throat.

"Ah...Hinata I think he passed out..." Tohru spoke up with a squeak.

I sighed in disappointment before returning to my seat.

"As much as I hate to say it Hinata-san, killing someone won't look very good on your doctor résumé." Yuki said with small smirk.

"You want to be a doctor Honda?" Hatori asked in surprise.

"Yes?" I said hesitantly.

"Why don't you work with me as an internship?" He asked with a small smile.

I blinked in surprise,"Really? You would let me work with you?"

"I don't see why not. You seem calm and intellectual and when I came to look over Yuki he seemed fine. So will you accept my offer?"

"Yes, thank you Hatori-san!"
🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲
It's rainy tonight...I thought glumly, watching the rain fall into the dark night, turning the cheery bright beige sand into a dull, muddy brown.

The rain was soothing when you were around people you cared about, the fact that you were watching the sky cry out the pain of hundreds of people but being near and sharing warmth with special people you knew would absolutely never hurt you, like so many others who lied to them self about the same thing, felt warm and addicting.

Today, however, was very, very cold.

The woven blanket draped across my shoulders did nothing to drive the chill away. The cold rested in the core of my bones, residing on my chest.

I rested my chin on my hands as the window shielded me from getting soaked but did nothing for the cold.

I shivered into my blanket and coughed harshly into my hand, wiping away the red substance.

My door was rapped quietly and I cleared my harsh throat before calling them in.

I smiled when I saw Kisa and Hiro patter in.

Kisa no doubt had dragged her future boyfriend/husband with her because no way in hell would that tsundere would come willingly.

My smile faded when I saw their faces. I immediately stood and crossed the room.

"What happened?" I asked kneeling so I could face them.

"We had to say hello to Akito in private. Each of us. Alone." Hiro scowled and tightened his grip on Kisa's hand, which was extremely adorable but right now wasn't the time to comment on it apparently.

"How bad is it?" I asked.

"I didn't get it that bad. Just a couple hits to make sure I was still disciplined." He growled.

I got my Tohru is a Klutz emergency kit and sat them down on my futon.

I got some disinfectant and dabbed at the cuts that showed with the bruises on his arm and cheek.

"Kisa, where did he hurt you?" I asked but she remained silent.

Hiro opened his mouth but I shook my head and he nodded, choosing to squeeze her hand reassuringly.

"Kisa, I need to know or it'll just keep hurting." I coaxed, brushing back her hair.

She sniffled and shook her head.

"You can tell me little tiger. I promise we won't think bad of you or try to hurt you anymore." She finally nodded, brushing away any tears.

"He hurt my leg, cheek, this arm, and my side." She said slowly.

I raised her head and turned it side to side to examine her cheek.

I winced when I saw a couple of glass pieces embedded in her skin. I brought out my tweezers and a pain relief bottle of medicine.

"Here both of you take this." I said give them both a pill.

"What is it?" Hiro asked suspiciously.

"Pain reliever." He nodded and, checking the bottle to be sure, swallowed it dry.

I have Kisa a water bottle and she swallowed the medication.

I waited a few minutes before beginning to take out the glass pieces.

She flinched in pain and I smiled sympathetically, she smiled back slightly before closing her eyes.

When I brought all the glass out, I dabbed at it with disinfectant, put some aloe gel on it, and put a bandage over them.

Next I checked her arm.

A large bruise was on her wrist as if she was forcibly dragged around. I winced before gently wrapping it. "Be careful with it, it'll probably be tender for a few days so don't strain it." I murmured moving to her side.

A few jagged cuts, again by glass, were sprawled against her stomach. I gave them the same treatment before moving to her leg.

I gently picked it up and she flinched, digging her nails into her shirt.

I frowned, noticing it was tender and swollen.

"It's a sprain." I told her with a grimace before get my roll of bandage and wrapping it around her leg. I grabbed a couple of pillows and rested them on the floor and rested the sprained ankle gently.

"That's the most I can do. You really should go to Hatori-san, especially with that sprain." I said, rubbing my hands.

"Akito is keeping him around him." Hiro grumbled.

I sighed and nodded in understanding.

"Go ahead and try to get some rest. Those pain killers usual knock me out." They nodded and huddled against each other, sharing warmth.

I smiled and silently awed at how innocently cute their relationship was.

I was about to resume my position at the window with my blanket when the door was pushed open and a blonde head was all I saw before I was tackled to the ground.

Poof!

"M-Momiji?!?" I whispered as I coughed at the yellow smoke.

The rabbit clung to my chest, not saying a word.

"Momiji are you okay?" I asked gently.

The little rabbit nuzzled closer and shifted as if saying no.

I stood up and grabbed his clothes along with my emergency kit and went into the bathroom.

I sat on the floor with Momiji on my lap, trying to coax him into telling me what's wrong without success.

Finally he changed back and put on his clothes with me red faced and turned away.

He finally spoke with his head bowed.

"I'm sorry."

"Momiji it's ok-" I started but was interrupted by him.

"No, no it's not." He whispered, tears dripping down his cheeks.

I finally caught a glimpse at the angry red cuts on his cheek. My breath caught and I leaned forward, touching his uninjured cheek and turning his face to the side.

I flinched as it looked worse up close.

"H...he said he would take you away." He sobbed.

"That he would take you away from me and kill you."

I wiped away his tears and smiled sadly.

"He won't." I shook my head.

"He would though. He would do it just to see me scream and cry and beg and-"

"No, no be quiet. Everything's okay. I'm still here. I'll be here as long as you want me to."

"Then you'll never leave." He whispered, resting his head on my shoulder. The rest of his body angled.

I stroked his golden locks as he shuddered and cried.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Just don't go away. Don't leave like everyone else."

"I'll stay as long as you want me." I repeated, resting my cheek on his head.

"Thank you Heart Girl."

"Only for you Bunny Boy."
🐰🌻🐰🌻🐰🌻🐰🌻🐰🌻🐰🌻
Okay if you think Kisa wasn't acting very tough keep this in mind, she's a 12 year old girl who was severely bullied before being put through abuse for even looking at Hiro. I think I would be crying my eyes out, thank you very much.

Questions to think about,

Who does Hinata Honda remind you of from Fruits Basket?

Why did Hinata want Kisa to tell her where her wounds were instead of Hiro?

Where did the glass shards most likely come from?

Why did Hinata choose to comfort Momiji before taking care of his wounds?

When was the last time they called each other "Bunny Boy" and "Heart Girl"?

How many more chapter before this book ends?

That's all! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 81 4
This story is meant for a mature audience, if you are younger than the age of 16 please read something else. • Characters belong to Natsuki Takaya •...
11.2K 363 16
Hikari Hayami was determined to stay with her best friend, Tohru, no matter what. Even if that meant moving out of their shared tent in the woods and...
65.4K 2.2K 23
Completed "She's dead?" a voice whispered out in shock as her lips trembled from the cold and fear of what comes next. "Yes, and She has given you gu...
47K 1.1K 21
Yuki and Kyo both struggle with theirs feelings for Tohru, while Tohru is growing increasingly tired of their fighting. Then Tohru discovers a lump...