You Will Regret Rejecting Me

By So-Much-To-Tell-Yoou

Hi, my name is Chloe Maka. I'm the daughter of Paea and Katherine Maka, Beta of the Moonstone Pack. I have a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22: The Club Part 1
Chapter 23: The Club Part 2
Chapter 24
Author's note; please read
Chapter 25 + A/N Please read
Author's Note
Chapter 26: Part 1
Chapter 26: Part 2
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 27

28.4K 569 119
By So-Much-To-Tell-Yoou

(A/N
In regards to the last two chapters,  I introduced an Enchantress, now if you Google what an Enchantress is you would find that they're kind of like witches but really pretty ones but I wanted to change it a bit.

So basically in this story, an Enchantress is still an Enchantress but also has the personality of the mermaids from Peter Pan
(because that's kind of how I pictured an Enchantress to be)
So I wanted to change it from being 'just a pretty witch'
I wanted to make that clear and I hope you enjoy the rest of this chapter!

~ Sarah x )

PS: It's been a while since we have seen things through Chloe's perspective, so i'm glad to say....... she's finally back!! well later on in the chapter. Like Sarah said, hope you guys enjoy it and thank you so much for giving this story a chance. Let us know how you feel about this chapter

~ Gloria xoxo

*************************

Chapter 27:

Scott's POV

**Present time**

We all waited calmly as Chloe slowly considered everything we just told her. Confusion was clouding her eyes as a tear slipped through her lashes when she blinked. Smiling sadly at me she told me "I'm really glad that you found your sister"

Feeling slightly overwhelmed, I returned the smile. I got my twin back, I don't think I could be happier.

Someone in the room coughed which reminded me that we weren't the only people in the room. More specifically, Xavier was here.

Turning to face him, I watched him squirm when he saw the enraged look that I can feel etched on my face. 
As I took a step closer towards him, Xavier instantly put his hand up in defense and said "SORRY! ok, i'm sorry! I wasn't thinking! I was just trying to protect Chloe!"

"So it's true" I couldn't help but shake my head in disappointment. Xavier said nothing else as he hung his head low. "I should kill you right now." I said in a low tone.

"Scott!" Chloe interrupted me with a warning.

Turning to face Chloe, I felt so betrayed "Seriously Chloe? Your defending him! He set my sister--"

"I know! I'm just as mad as you are but your sister is out there, right now. Don't waste anymore time. Go spend time with her."

I wanted to argue more. I wanted to punch Xavier in the face, but Chloe was right. I've already lost so much time with my sister, there is no way I'm wasting anymore. Xavier isn't worth it.

Nodding my head in her direction, I silently thanked her and left the room. I need to find my sister. We have a lot to talk about, starting with this mate of hers.

It wasn't easy trying to find my sister, you'd think it wouldn't be hard, that i should just follow her foreign scent, but i was in Xavier's territory. There were so many foreign scents that i haven't gotten  the chance to discern.

After a lot of searching around the pack house, I found Sandra in the kitchen scouring for food.
For a moment I could do nothing but silently watch her. My poor sister. My chest tightened at the thought of what she must have been through. Besides the human that's growing inside my sisters body, Sandra has lost a lot of weight.

Shaking off my feelings of guilt and outrage I wiped any form of emotion from my face and entered the kitchen.

"Oh! Sorry. You guys were taking so long and I could smell the food and I was just so hungry" Sandra started having a word vomit when she saw me enter the kitchen.

"Sandra. It's fine." I reassured her "eat as much as you want"

Despite what I just told her, Sandra closed the fridge door and sat on the chair behind the kitchen island, gesturing for me to do the same.

We sat in silence as Sandra sat there awkwardly while playing with her fingers. I decided to finally break the silence.

"Listen."

We both said at the same time as we looked up at each other.

"JINX!" We both yelled.

"I said it first. No I said it first. Stop that!" We simultaneously bickered as we pointed accusing fingers at each other and bursted out laughing.

The laughter didn't last long though as we went from playful banter to serious sigh's real quick.
"Sandra..? I.. How did I not know..?."

"Scott" she said my name in a broken voice as frustrated tears ran down her face.
"Please don't think you failed me or something. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't, so I tried to hide it under big shirts and large dresses."

I was already shaking my head in confusion by the time she finished her last sentence.
"I don't understand. Why couldn't you tell me? Is it true that he's human?"

Wiping away her tears, she cleared her throat and told me in a clear voice,
"I was ashamed. Nearly a year ago, you were away on important alpha business, remember? That's what you would call it when I wasn't allowed to come with you. So I decided to go for a run.
I didn't mean to go far but I ended up at a campsite. There he was."

I watched my sister roll her eyes with a sweet smile tugging at her lips "with his rowdy friends. I never would have guessed that he would be human. But when his friends saw me hiding out in between the trees, his friends all started freaking out and throwing things at me... but he didn't, he was calm and he tried to calm his friends down too"

"Well isn't that just great! One of the most important things in your life happened, and you never thought of telling your own brother!" I was barely controlling my anger but I also didn't want to frighten my sister.

"I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO!" She yelled. "It was complicated. He knew nothing about werewolves, and it was killing me. He was my soulmate and he wasn't like us so I thought he would never feel the same way I felt for him." She said lowering her voice as she looked back at her hands.

"I didn't mean for it to go this far, I thought if I just avoided him and acted as if I had never seen him, everything would go away. But it didn't, it only got harder, and I couldn't help it. I gave in.

I talked to him in human form and we really liked each other.
I just couldn't bring myself to tell you because I was afraid you would be mad and disapprove of this." She said as she laid her head on the kitchen island in shame. "Scott I love him." She sighed not once looking up at me.

Letting out a sigh of my own, I reached out towards her and held onto her arm, trying to comfort her.

Here I am giving my sister a hard time when not only have I not seen her in months, but also because she's been through things which I can't even imagine. What kind of brother was I?

"Sandra." She looked up at me and my heart broke. She had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this by yourself." I told her, a lump formed in my throat making it hard for me to speak.

"Scott it's fine-" Sandra replied as she realised that i was trying not to break down in front of her, but I just held my hand up in a dismissive manner.

"It's not fine. I'm your brother, and I wasn't there." I told her before she could try and come up with a reason to excuse the fact that I wasn't a good sibling.

"But I'm here now." I told her as I squeezed her arm in reassurance. "And if your human mate makes you happy, then who am I to stand in the way of love." I said, which made her smile brightly as she looked at me, thanking me with her eyes.
"And I promise you now Sandra, I won't ever let Hunter harm you, Chloe or the baby." I told her and was suprised at how determined and powerful my tone was.

Finally, I asked her the question that's been on mind ever since I first found out about the baby.
"Sandra? Does He know?"

Understanding what I'm asking her, my twin sister shook her head sadly.

"It's okay. Everything is going to be okay"

She just gave me a small smile as we both got up and walked back to Chloe.

*********************************

Chloe's P.O.V

After Scott left to go to his sister, everything became incredibly awkward.

We all just sat there, well I sat, they stood, in silence.
Scott was right, how could I possibly defend Xavier when he messed with my family.

"My cousins right. He should've killed you." Corey said, breaking the silence as he stood in his corner with his arms crossed.
"I know I would've if I was Scott."

"Corey, not now." I told him as I massaged my forehead which was still aching.

He held his hands up in surrender. "I'm only stating the truth. Everything that has happened is because of him." He crossed his arms over his chest again as he walked over to the window and looked out. He was obviously in his deep thought mode.

"It's fine Chloe, they're right." Xavier said as he walked towards me.

"It's my fault Scott lost Sandra. It's my fault you were bullied. It's my fault you ran away. It's my fault I was with Maya, and it's my fault Hunter is after you." He told me as he crouched down so that he was at eye level with me.

"But if I didn't do what I did, you would be dead." He looked deep into my eyes which filled my chest with warmth.
" And I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing it was my fault."

He got back up and walked back to the corner he was in. "I'm sorry for all the mess I have caused, I really am." He said to both Corey and I.

"But I did what I had to do to save Chloe, no matter how much it made you and your family hate me. She was, and still is the only thing that matters to me." A single tear ran down his face.

I looked down at my hands. I couldn't look at him, because I knew if I did, I would forgive him in a heart beat.

But what he did to Sandra... its unforgivable even if he did do it for my sake. She's still my cousin. My blood runs through her veins.

"Xavier." My brother said, finally snapping out of his deep thoughts. Xavier and I both looked towards him.
"I despise you." His cold, harsh tone surprised me.

"You caused my sister so much pain and heartache, and you ruined my family." He continued.
"But as much as I hate myself for what I'm about to say, I have to do it.

Thank you for saving my sisters life, because I wouldn't know what I would do without her." He said as he turned back around and faced the window.

I sat there amazed. Did Corey just say thank you? Xavier went to reply but Corey cut him off before he could get too ahead of himself. "This doesn't change a thing though! I still and always will hate you. Sandra is still my cousin and because of you she could've been dead, and I will never forgive you for the time that you laid a hand on my sister. I can't forget and move past that."

Xavier responded by hanging his head low, and once again we were all embraced with silence. A few minutes later, Scott and Sandra walked in.

Seeing Sandra for the first time reminded me of everything that happened to her.

When Scott explained everything to me, it all sounded so crazy. But seeing her right now, in front of me, alive and well, it just reminded me of how this could have all been avoided.

"Chloe, i'd like to introduce you to my twin sister Sandra." He said with hesitation as he gestured for Sandra to step forward. "Sandra, this is our cousin, Chloe."

"Hello. It's nice to finally meet you." She said as I sat there quietly.
How was I meant to say hi to her, when it's my fault that all of this happened to her in the first place?

I gave her an uneasy smile as I awkwardly stood up. "I'm s-sorry for everything that has happened." I stuttered as I looked at my feet, unable to bring myself to look her in the eye. This was so awkward.

"It's not her fault." Xavier stepped forward. "It's mine." He said. "I'm the one who should apologise-"

"For once the idiot's right." Corey cut in

Ignoring Corey, Xavier continued.
"If you're going to hate anyone, then you should hate m-" Before he could finish, Sandra stopped him.

"Guys, I don't hate anyone!." She said to which I looked up at her surprised.

"You don't?" I asked baffled.

She shook her head no. "For the longest time, I was down there and I was angry. I wanted to kill the person who put me there."

At hearing those words, Xavier lowered his head in shame.

"I was so full of hate and anger,  I had even planned out my revenge because I never thought I would see my loved ones again."

By now we all had tears in our eyes as we listened to Sandra. Xavier couldn't even look at her, he was looking at his feet as regretful tears ran down his face.

"But right now, seeing my brother again, I don't feel anger anymore, I don't hate you. What you did wasn't okay, and it will take a while for me to forgive you, but i don't hate you. Being back here, reunited with my family, has definitely put my priorities in perspective. I just feel really blessed to have this second chance."

Wow. My cousin, who had been to hell and back all because of the selfish act of my mate and she could still stand there with such a calming nature and be completely understanding.

If that was me, I don't think I would be so calm and understanding. Honestly I would probably rip their head off if I stood in front of the person who's fault it was I got kidnapped in the first place.

I think we were all surprised. "Chloe?" Sandra said to which I just nodded acknowledging what she said. Sandra came towards me and rubbed my arms reassuringly.

"Honestly" she assured me "I'm not angry anymore" she smiled at me sadly when she saw that I wasn't completely convinced.

When everyone turned to face me, I plastered a smile on my face. I don't want this to become an intervention or something because right now, this moment wasn't about me, it's about my cousin.

"I'm really glad you're okay, You're safe now. We won't let anything happen to you." this time my smile was genuine.

Sandra returned the favor with her own smile as she embraced me in a hug. "I trust you, I really do."
She broke out of the hug and I felt my stomach drop. She held onto my arms as she stared into my eyes.

Her stare concerned me. It was so distant and all signs of genuine happiness was completely wiped blank and replaced with worry.
"But as long as Hunter's out there, we're not safe... you're not safe."

I gave a small nod. Hunter only wanted me. "I will protect her." Xavier stepped forward with his fists bawled by his side.

"We will all protect her." Corey corrected him as both he and Scott moved towards me.

Sandra smiled, but her eyes told a different story. "Hunter is a ruthless man, he won't stop til he gets what he wants. I was lucky I was pregnant, or I would've been dead. Who knows what he will do to you." She told me as her eyes began to water.

"Something tells me you know something we don't." Corey uneasily said.

Sandra just kept quiet as she looked at me with a sad smile. "Please tell us."

She hesitated for a while before she finally managed to tell us. "Hunter isn't someone to let this go so easily. He's planning something, that's why he hasn't killed you yet."

"I won't let him hurt Chloe or anyone in my pack." Xavier growled out as he pulled me to him and held onto me roughly.
"If you know something, you need to tell us right now!"

Nodding her head understandingly, she told us "I don't know much but lately he has been meeting with rogues. Together they're planning an attack. That's all I know, I'm sorry" she looked at her feet in defeat.

"That's okay. Do you know when they might be planning this attack?" I asked.

Sandra shook her head in disappointment, "I have no idea but it would be best to assume that it's going to happen really soon."

We all nodded our heads. "Well it's a good thing we came here to help.
As of tomorrow, we will increase the training load and make arrangements for mothers and children who cannot fight, to be taken to a safe place." Scott sternly told us.

There was something off about him.
His body was tense as he kept pacing back and forth. His breathing was irregular and it was starting to scare me.

"Scott it will be fine." I reached out towards him and reassured him. "We're all going to get through this... together."

He gave me a small smile. Of course we all knew it wasn't going to be fine. Hunter was always one step ahead of us. All we can do is hope for the best.

"We just need to be careful and not underestimate him. He's extremely powerful, I learnt that firsthand." Sandra explained to us.

"Powerful." Scott whispered. We all looked at him as he stood there staring off into space.

"Scott?" Sandra and I asked stepping towards him. He looked up at us and ran out the door.

"Scott!" We both called out as we went to go after him.

"It's fine, I got this." Sandra said as she gestured for me to stay with Xavier.

Before I could say anything she left, running after her twin.

And just like before, it was now only Corey, Xavier and I.

"What was that about?" Xavier asked bewildered. I shrugged my shoulders as I was just as confused as he was.

Just then, Corey's phone began to vibrate.

When he answered he's face lit up. I gave him a weird look when he's whole mood changed. He went from murderous to angelic instantly, it was extremely weird to watch.

He gestured with his hands that he was going to take the call outside then he walked out of the room leaving Xavier and I, alone. Together.

I stood there with my hands in my pocket while I was having a mental argument on whether I should stay or leave.

This is the first time Xavier and I have been alone together since I found out about everything.

"I'm just going to go check on my brother." I said as I made my decision to leave.

"Chloe wait." Xavier called after me. I stopped walking, however I didn't turn to face him.

My walls were crumbling down and I feared the decisions I would make.

I felt warmth spread throughout my right shoulder when he placed his hand there. "Chloe, I love you." He turned me towards him and cupped my face. "I want to be with you." He said staring into my eyes. I could feel the mate bond pushing me towards him, but I couldn't give in.

I managed to get out of his grasp. "This doesn't change anything Xavier. What you did hurt...alot."

I went and sat down by the bed as I rested my head on my hands. "You hurt me Xavier." I sobbed as I felt a lump in my throat form and my breath became ragged.

I felt the bed dip as Xavier wrapped his arms around me. "You h-hurt m-me." I managed to say between my cries. The tears wouldn't stop flowing.

"Everything I've done was to protect you. I'll always look out for you. I hope you know that." He's voice was so vulnerable which made it harder for me to hate him.

"I know. I just wish that hurting people wasn't the only way to do it" I sighed

He rubbed soothing circles on my back as he gently swayed us back and forth. He didn't say another word as he held me tightly in his arms, and I let him...

I needed this moment. After all the heartache, I deserved this one moment.

I allowed myself to savour these few minutes of peace and relaxation as I leaned closer to Xavier, because I knew once tomorrow comes, there will be no peace... only war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 2.6K 39
Isn't meeting your mate suppose to be the best thing in the whole world? The spark you get when your hands touch? Where you would do anything for eac...
2.9M 93.3K 50
Highest Rank in Werewolf: 18 "I, Axel Stark, Alpha of the Ice Moon pack, reject you Nyx as my mate and luna," he said, looking me straight in the eye...
15.6K 708 20
Farah Blade: Twin sister of future Beta Adam Blade of Blood Moon Pack, Daughter of Beta Alexander Blade and his mate and wife Isabella Alexander Bla...
165K 5.3K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...