Caged (On Hold)

By James_Thomas_Louis

Jackson is traumatised from abuse. He manages to escape, but who will help him? Who will try to kill him? More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 5
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 20

3.2K 137 11
By James_Thomas_Louis

Hey guys, so, my WiFi was meant to be fixed a few days ago, however, he located the issue and told us he needed to get someone else to fix it as he wasn't 100% qualified for that particular issue. Another guy came today, he fixed the first issue and found another, which he isn't qualified for...so he is getting another person to look at it in a day or two...ugh...
Anyways, my WiFi has improved and I have been able to access wattpad so here's another chapter for you guys...

Christian
I phoned Darcy to ask if she was able to look after Jackson for an hour or so, as I wanted to surprise him with a bunch of art stuff. I planned to go to the art shop and buy almost everything in there. I also wanted to get two frames to put Jackson's drawings in, so I could hang them on the wall for everyone to see.

Darcy turned up about ten minutes after I called. We chatted for a few minutes before I decided I needed to go. I wanted to be back before Jackson woke up. Darcy went and laid next to Jackson in the bed, so if he did wake up, he wouldn't panic at my absence, as Darcy would be right there to explain that I had just left for a bit of 'grocery' shopping. Speaking of which...we need groceries...I will make an online order tonight and get it delivered for tomorrow afternoon.

I locked the door behind me. Darcy had a spare key so if she and Jackson needed to leave the apartment in an emergency they could. I started the car and made my way to the art shop. As I pulled out of the drive way, I saw someone in a black hoodie and jogging bottoms. They were stood watching me. I felt rather creeped out but I put it to the back of my mind as I drove away.

I arrived at the art shop. It was huge, it would take me at least an hour just to cover the ground floor...there is three floors to this place...I must take Jackson here when his tail is better. He would think he had been taken to heaven.

I covered the ground floor in fifty minutes. My huge trolley, was half full already. I made my way up on the escalators, to the next floor. I saw it was mostly canvases and easels. I decided on a sturdy easel and a few canvases varying in size. I didn't get that many as Darcy had already bought a few for him.

Up the escalators again, this time to the top floor. This floor was moulding and sculptures. Jackson had never mentioned an interest in sculpting...maybe he has never had the chance to try it. I headed over to the kids section, as they should be easier and a good place for Jackson to start. I decided on two instruction kits. The kits included four colours of modelling clay...stuff, a set of instructions to help sculpt the final animal, a tool, and a mat to protect the surface you were working on. Sounds pretty good to me. I decided on the cat kit, for obvious reasons and the hedgehog kit, as it looked adorable. Once the animal was finished you placed it in the oven for thirty minutes and the animal will harden and your sculpture is complete.

The kits combined had eight colours. I looked around and they had individual packets of colours. I grabbed another seventeen different colours so Jackson had a total of twenty-five colours. He had two tools with the kits combined. I looked up and saw there was a pack of ten different tools. Straight in the trolley. I looked down at the trolley...where am I going to store all of this? I remember seeing storage units on the ground floor. I decided to take the lift down to the ground floor. I went over to the storage section.

There was one wooden unit in particular I saw that I knew I had to get. It was about waist height for me, it had really small drawers at the top and as you went down the drawers got increasingly bigger. It also had a slot on the side to keep your easel in, when the easel was folded up. It also had a small drying rack, which took up about a quarter of the top. It was perfect. I looked at the information given with the unit. If I bought it I would have to put it together. The drawers came already built but I would have to build the frame of the unit. Hmm. I was going to have to get Jackson out of the house, so I could build it without his knowledge.

I bought a few adorably designed boxes to place on top of the unit to store a few more bits and bobs. I also got a rack to place his brushes on, so they didn't get damaged in a box. I obviously couldn't fit the unit in the trolley with all this stuff...I also wouldn't be able to fit all of this in the car. I called Bradley. He had a huge truck. He said he would be in the car park within fifteen minutes. And he would call me when he arrived.

I decided to start going to till as it would probably take fifteen minutes for the member of staff to scan this all through. I placed as much as I could on the conveyor belt, but there was still so much in my trolley. I couldn't bag the stuff at the other end as I still needed to put stuff on this end...

The lady at the till contacted another member of staff to bag the stuff at the other end, while I placed the objects on the conveyor belt. "Thank you, I am sorry I have so much stuff, I didn't think this through." I said rather embarrassed.

"Don't worry. We are more than happy to help. Is this for you or someone else?" She asked, as she continued to scan items through.

"It's for a friend, he has fallen very ill after being attacked by a group of men a while ago, he's on the road to recovery. He loves art and is extremely talented at it. But he has barely any art stuff, so I thought, why not buy as much stuff as possible, so he has a good starting place and can add to it and replace certain things as time goes on." I wasn't telling the whole truth, but I wasn't lying either.

"Well, tell him that I hope he gets better very soon and that when he comes here after he's fully recovered, we will give him half price off everything he buys, but we will also have a few surprise free gifts for him." She said as we finally finished scanning the first half of the stuff through.
The guy had organized the first half into bags and placed them into another trolley for me. I would be able to fit half of the things in my car and the other half, as well as the storage unit, in Bradley's truck. "Can I take that trolley to my car and put the things in? I have a friend coming to take the second half."

"Of course you can." The lady said, as she was writing on a piece of paper. The man who was assisting us, turned the trolley in the direction of the exit for me. "Thank you."

"No problem." He replied, getting the next set of bags ready for the other half. I pushed the trolley outside and unlocked my car. I placed as many bags into the boot and had a couple bags remaining, which I placed on the front passenger seat. I laid the easel down on the back seats and clicked a seatbelt around it so it wouldn't roll off as I was driving home. I locked my car and rushed back inside. The guy took the trolley and was ready to continue with the next half.

We continued as we had done before. As I placed the last few items on the conveyor belt, my phone rang. "I am outside next to your car. Do you need me to come in and help or do you want me to wait out here?" Bradley asked.

"Come in. I am on till 16. I need your help with a storage unit." I replied. As I looked down at my finally empty trolley.

"Okay. I will come in now." Bradley said and hung up.

"I also have a storage unit I wanted but I couldn't fit it in the trolley." I said.

"Go and fetch it. We will be here to scan it through for you." She said, giggling a little.

I rushed of to the storage section with my now empty trolley. The unit had the number 23 on it. I went over to the boxed storage units and found a huge box labelled as 23. I picked up the box which was extremely heavy and gently placed in the trolley before rushing back. When I arrived the lady was scanning the last item and passed it to the guy, before he placed it into a bag.

"I am back." I announced as I pushed my trolley over to them. The lady laughed before leaning over the till and scanning the box, which was still in my trolley.

"Is that all?" She asked. "Or is there something else you need to fetch?" She wasn't taking the mick out of me, she was being sincere.

"I think that's all...but I will probably be back in five minutes because I have remembered something else." I joked.

"Well, in that case, your total is... £368.79." She announced. "However, due to the situation with your friend, I will get the price knocked down to £300.00. If I reduce it anymore I will get into trouble with the manager."

"Thank you so much." I said. Putting my card into the machine, paying £300. Bradley appeared behind me.

"Wow...that's a lot of stuff Christian...I can see why you needed my truck." He laughed.

"Well, I wanted to cover all basis." I said, as the lady handed me my receipt.

"When you next bring your friend, bring this with you." She said handing me a note. It said '50% off all items. Free gifts. -Stacey'

"Thank you so much for your help. I am sorry I was so much trouble." I said, putting the note and receipt into my pocket.

"No problem, you really weren't that much trouble. You were simply buying in bulk,"she joked.

"Thank you again." I said to both of them, as I pushed one trolley and Bradley pushed the other, out of the shop and to his truck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 7.6K 36
*Contains violence, sex scenes and rape* Rea has been abused by her father her whole life. Her mothers death left him ruined and unstable. When he se...
314K 3.8K 41
A story about a lonely seventeen year old girl, who looses her mother and lives alone taking care of herself. One fateful night she's captured by a p...
7M 162K 40
Mariah was raped, bullied, abused and rejected by her own mate. Her own flesh and blood never cared about her, made her life hell. But once she get...
301K 7.3K 30
BOOK 3 "Dance with me Tallulah." His whisper slithered over my skin, tempting me to comply. I smirked as I brought forth my current, allowing it to c...