Nocturnal Nights ( Harry Pott...

By IconiclySuffering

Thisbe Robinson only wanted something normal to happen to her life for once . This is proven difficult when h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37

Chapter 36

681 42 11
By IconiclySuffering

FIFTH YEAR

I skipped a year because this story is gonna be too long. I have it planned out to when they're all grown up and in the golden era so expect that too.

"-And Thisbe, if I hear from your aunt that you've been getting in trouble at school I'll be very disappointed. " My dad went on as we drove to the Kings Station.

"Dad," I whined," You know I'm not like that."

"I know baby, but you're getting older and some kids might influence you to do things." He said with a concerned voice, reaching me across and patting me on the leg.

The Marauders. I guess they would get me in trouble. A whole school year had past since we first made truce and things have been going fine from there. All last year we were working on their animagi but with no final product. And every full moon I would stay up all night to watch over Remus. I had started hanging out with them more often too. I would eat with them, study with them, sometimes they would even invite me into their dorm.

And I am guilty of lying to my dad. Once our twice they did get me to use my animagi to help with a prank. But it always seemed harmless. A little fun never hurt anyone.

Actually I'm proud of my self. With so many friends now, I feel more accomplished then I ever have in my life. I never imagined my past self being so out there.

The car ride was silent with the exception of my large barn owl hooing in his cage. I stuck my finger in between the bars and he nipped at it. Rolling my eyes at the bird, I turned back to the front and pushed hair out of my face.

Another year at Hogwarts and another year of learning. Fourth year was all about preparing for the O.W.Ls and now fifth year is going to pure stressing over said exams. I've always been good at school I must admit but that does not mean I enjoy the process. Staying up late at night to finish two parchments and memorizing a whole potion doesn't sound so appealing. Especially since I've been conditioned to fly across the world almost every or other week.

Panic attack galore.

When we finally made it, we got out and dad got my trunk out of the boot of the car. I found a trolley for him to put it on and then I placed Esther on top of my luggage. Pushing it through the muggle station, many people have strange looks to the bird seeing as it's not a very common pet. I guess this day only comes around twice a year when the station is flooded by kids pushing trolleys with owls or frogs and asking for where platform 9 3/4 is.

Soon enough we made it to the brick wall, already seeing one family pass through it before us. Before I was a first year, McGonagall had told me the only way a muggle could go through was by holding a magic-folk. And I was happy to find that my dad could say his last goodbye as the train left.

Taking his hand in mine, we calmly pushed through the barrier. I smiled at the sight of the giant red Hogwarts train with all kinds of students bustling around it. Pushing my glasses up my nose, I pulled my dad along the platform so we weren't in the way.

Out of nowhere I heard my name being called. From the crowd in front of me popped out a sandy haired boy who had scars all over his body. His smile was lopsided and he was only a little bit taller than me. Which still, I am a very tall lady.

"Remus!" I exclaimed in excitement, pulling him into a hug. The lanky boy gave me a hug back and quickly pulled away after seeing my father. Turning around, I saw my dad clear his throat. " Oh, dad. This is Remus, he's one of the friends I was telling you about."

My dad raised an eyebrow and eyed the skinny boy. " Remus huh? Isn't he the smart one?" He commented.

The awkward boy nodded cheekily. "Yes sir," He held his hand out politely to shake his," Its Lupin sir."

"There's no need to call me sir, I'm not that old." My dad told him, taking his hand.

From behind us more yelling of our names came and I sighed. "Here come the rest." I rolled my eyes.

From behind my dad, James, Sirius, and even Peter threw themselves at Remus. "He-He-Hey, Moony!" Potter yelled excitingly, pulling him down and giving him a noogie. When he saw me he smiled and reached over to ruffle my hair too. " Even Quill decided to join us."

Quills was the official nickname they picked up on for me. They wanted to base it off my Animagus and I guess it's the closest they got without giving it away. It was going to be Owlet but that was too obvious. Plus, they like to steal my feathers for free quills so that's that.

"Kids and they're nicknames." My dad muttered to himself under his breath. He then wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. " I'll see you during Christmas sweetheart." He told me, kissing my forehead. "Love you kiddo."

"Love you too dad." I smiled back. 

The four boys and I started to pile into the train with our trunks and animals. As we were in search for a completely empty cabin, Alyssa jumped out in front of me.

"Thisbe!" She exclaimed hugging me. I laughed and hugged back. "Oh come on, come on. We have space right over here- let me get that." She rushed me seeing as there were all kinds of student's pushing their way through. She went to go grab for my trunk but I stopped her.

With an apolgetic look I bit my lip." I'm sorry Alyssa, but I promised I would sit with the boys this year." I winced, scolding myself for forgeting about the other girls.

Her smile fell, and she crained her neck to look behind me where all four of the Marauders where talking or waiting for us. " Oh, well I guess that's fine.." She said, kind of diassapointed.

" Don't worry though, I'll come by and visit! And we can ride the carrages up too!" I told her in hopes that would some what make up for it. A small smile appeared on her lips and she nodded.

"Ok, but you better not stand us up Thisle." She joked, calling me by my nickname. I guess I kind of earned that.

She went back into her compartment and I went back to finding us all a cabin. Finally at the end of the train, one cabin was completley isolated for our use. We all pilled in and shoved our trunks over our heads. We then threw ourselves into the seats and instantly James started talking. " I think I know what my animagi is!" He whispered loudly with the biggest smile on his face. Everyone quickly sat up and was excited to hear. " I'm almost 100% positive I'm going to be a buck." He grinned.

"A buck?" Peter questioned.

"As in a deer?" Remus finished for him. James nodded wildly.

Leaning forward he began to tell us all about it. " So I was practicing it just trying to be calm and everything. Doing that inner piece with the animals and stuff. When suddenly I felt this large shiver run up my body. I didn't think much of it then, and my mum had just called me for dinner. " He paused, pushing his glasses higher. " When I get to the bottom of the stairs and my mum turns around, she lets out a loud scream and nearly falls over."

I chucked, already guessing what was next. " I rushed to the bathroom and you should have seen it! I had antlers sticking out of my head!" He exclaimed, using hand gestures for emphasis. Everyone laughed, picturing the moment in their minds.

"It's kind of like when Thisbe got her wings." Sirius spoke up , adding to the conversation.

"My mum tried taking me to St. Mungos but my dad and I convinced her not to." Potter continued. " They went away after a day or two but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to sleep with antlers." He sighed, brushing off his clothes.

"I tried jumping off my bed with my wings and I ended up face first in the carpet." I admitted, shaking my head at my self.

Everyone in the compartment laughed." Now I would pay to see that." Sirius joked, nudging me with my shoulder.

I gave a light laugh and leaned back, pulling a book out of my bag. "What ever you rag." I playfully insulted him, opening up my book and starting to read. Soon enough they started up another conversation and Remus decided to read a book as well.

"Oh come on you two." James whined, looking at the both of us. "School hasn't even started and you're already back to reading." He complained. We both just shrugged not even bothering.

Sirius rolled his eyes ," Open your eyes and talk to each other for once." And at that, the black haired kid snatched both of our books away at the same time. I let out a sound of surprise and Remus spit out a "Hey!"

We both made eye contact for a second before looking away awkwardly. After a few minutes of stubborn silence, the others started talking again and we were pouting like children. Sighing, I took up enough courage to speak to him again. " Hey." I got out in a soft tone , still with my arms folded over my chest.

He gave me a small smile In return." Hey." It was silent between us again and I could help but to stare at the floor. " What book were you reading?" He asked, trying to small talk. I shrugged and twisted my fingers.

"Just a stupid book called Watership Down. I don't even know, it's kinda a fantasy book about rabbits." I tried playing it off so it the book didn't sound so idiotic. People find it quite weird to read things about animal societies but I enjoy it.

"That sounds nice." He commented, folding his hands over his lap and chewing on his lip. He looked out the window and I did too, finding it even more awkward than before.

Remus was my friend sure, but I still had really big feelings for him. You would think after learning he was a werewolf you would be more questioning about dating someone like that. I was never even bothered. I was still blushing over him over the oddest things and I could help but giggle at everything he did.

When I looked back over to Sirius to see he was distracted by Peter, I took the opportunity to get my novel.

I snatched the book back from Black and hit the back of his head with it. He whined and rubbed his skull as I curled back into a ball and flipped back to the page I was on. Ok, so maybe I was a little bit stubborn about it. Emotions and relationships have never been my thing and now I sound like a pathetic fifteen year old. Remus was my friend, and most likely he only saw me as one too. Maybe if we dated it would be weird around the others, or even worse if there was a break up. I've heard Remus express his opinion of not wanting to date anyone because of his problem, but surely I would be an exception?

Plus I've seen the guy's butt almost every full moon , so that's that.

I'm getting ahead of my self aren't I. In times when he seems so nice and fun around me I must remind myself that he's just a friendly guy. I began to over think everything just like Victoria does with all of her dates. The lovestruck kid would know what was happening in a heartbeat and go for it.

But I couldn't. It wasn't worth risking friendship or embarrassing myself. It's one of my biggest fears and I couldn't fail now.

After the boys decided to leave me alone, I was stuck to my own thoughts, having to skim the page over and over again not registering the words. I spent ten minutes of this and when I realized I hadn't even finished one page, I shut the book. Standing up, I adjusted my bag on my hip. "I'm going to go change." I mumbled, shuffling out.

I felt like I just left a dreary mood behind in there but my mind kept running over thoughts and possibilities. Sometimes I just get trapped in a spiral of thinking where it's hard to escape. When I made it to the bathrooms, I quickly changed my clothes to avoid any confrontation. Straightening out my robes, I combed my hair back out of habit and left to find my dorm mates. Maybe I can ask them for advice.

Without even looking, I accidentally bumped into a person and I quickly apologized. "S-sorry I wasn't paying attention.- Oh Lilly, hi." I realized it was the ginger haired Gryffindor standing in front of me with her buddy Snape following behind.

The red head gave me a small forced smile," Nice to see you Thisbe." She said shortly before rushing off. Snape followed behind and gave me a long look as he passed me. I scrunched up my eyebrows and looked back at them. Well that was certainly rude. I forgot that Lily had stop talking to me, and now it even seems she's avoiding me. I don't know what I did wrong, when did I ever get on her bad side.

Pushing the thought to the back of my head for now, I moved through the train until my dorm group. Smiling, I opened the door and I was tackled with hugs.

Here's to the start of a new year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.4K 13
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
1K 68 9
"π‘‡β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’'𝑠 π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘’π‘  𝑖𝑛 π‘šπ‘¦ π‘π‘™π‘œπ‘ π‘’π‘‘ 𝐡𝑒𝑑 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘›π‘” 𝑠𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑓 π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦" -π½π‘œβ„Žπ‘› 𝐡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖�...
102 1 9
Alcyone is the youngest daughter of the noble and most ancient house Black. Just like her sisters, her parents had her fate arrange by agreeing on an...
89.3K 5.1K 70
Remus didn't want friends. Could not have them. Was forbidden from having them. Was convinced he'd never have friends. He simply wasn't capable of su...