Chapter 5

Finally inside of my dorm room, I had met the girls I was sharing it with for the rest of the year. Luckily, I was placed with Victoria, the student I had already met at the table. She didn't seem like she would be any trouble. Who am I kidding, half of the Hufflepuffs are too nice to even start a fight or yell at someone, and I was one of them.

Apart from that, the other two girls in my room were Jolie Simmons and Alyssa Duncan. They were both pretty cool people in general. Alyssa had dark skin and was much taller than what I was, which I envied, and had shoulder length black hair. Jolie was Caucasian and had long blonde hair down to her back. She was slightly chubby, but that was absolutely fine with me. I have nothing against other peoples bodies. Not that being fat was bad or anything- bloody hell, I really need to stop trying to apologize to myself inside my head. It's becoming a habit.

 Our dorm was pretty nice, but I would have to get used to sharing a room with another person, let alone three. All of the four beds had their headboards against the circular wall, facing outwards towards the center. In the middle of the room was a small fireplace, which we had started a fire in before to warm up the room. The whole color scheme was of a bright yellow color,obviously for the house color, and black. The beds had their own curtains, which I found quite pleasing. My section of windows had a nice view of the Forbidden Forest, and I was glad to know the moon came up on this side. It's comforts me during the nights body refuses to sleep.    

For the rest of the night, we had all took our time to unpack our luggage into the chests in front of our beds, and finished moving in. After everyone was done, and had gotten ready for sleep, we all laid down on the ends of our beds, facing each other, and went around talking about ourselves. They did have a few questions over my colorblindness, but I had decided to keep my case of extreme Insomnia to myself. I felt like it was more of a personal problem, and I could easily hide it with my enchanted blanket.

  I had found out that Victoria was a Muggleborn, and was born in Ireland before moving to London two years ago. She did have quite the accent, so that would explain that. Jolie mentioned that she had a sister that was a Metamorphmagus, and with me being me, I absolutely started gushing over it. 

" I'm in love with things like that!" I exclaimed with glee, smiling wildly. 

" Metamorphmagus' ?" Jolie questioned , tilting her bead towards me. 

"  All of it. Metamorphmagus', the Polyjuice Potion , Animagi! Did you know, my aunt is a cat Animagi?" I mused, silently yelling at my self for letting the last one loose. I don't want anyone knowing of my relations with a professor. I think they would trust me with the secret, but I don't want random people coming up to me, asking if I can help them out of detention.

The other girls all smiled and started to ask me about my unknown aunt, except for Victoria who didn't know what any of those magical terms meant. I can't blame her, she never grew up learning about magic. At least I had McGonagall after my mum died." An Animagi Is someone who can shape shift into an animal. " Alyssa explained, looking over to the girl. 

" Wow, that's cool. "

" It is, and I'm planing to become one when I grow up. My aunt says she'll teach me if I do good in school." I mused, fluffing up the pillow I was sitting on and pulled my comforter across my lap . The small fire place in the middle of the room that was going, was soon to die out. It made the place quite chillier than it was earlier.

This continued for another hour, before Jolie check her watch and gasped. " Guys, it's already midnight. We have classes starting tomorrow, we have to go to sleep." She rushed, jumping to the other side of the bed and under her blankets. I groaned and stood up, walking over to my chest. Pulling it open, right on top was my blue blanket. Immediately, calmness overtook my body as I grabbed a hold of it, and I pulled myself into the bed.

That's how the blanket was supposed to work. It gradually tires you out, and It would make sense because you just wouldn't want to be knocked out right as you touch it. Unfortunately, when It was made I was only three years old, making it drastically small for my figure. Up to my neck, the length only could reach to my knees, making the warmth it provides very off settling. I'm going to have to ask Aunt McGongall to make me a larger one.

Wait, that would be kind of rude. She did this one as a nice gift, I couldn't possibly ask her to make me a new one. I sat there, staring at the window, debating inside my head if It was too much to ask of her as I slowly drifted off to slumber. 

No wonder why I was placed in Hufflepuff. I'm too kind for my own good.