Chapter 34

It was late at night in the Hogwarts castle and I was sitting in an abandoned classroom with the four Marauders. As I swung my legs back and forth underneath me, I watched as James, Sirius, and Peter all sit on the floor trying to concentrate. Remus was beside me, letting me help him on his Transfiguration homework. It was pretty silent to say the least, seeing as these are the most rowdiest boys in the school.

"Ugh, how much longer do we have to sit here?" Black whined from the floor. I rolled my eyes at the boy and sat my book down.

"For as long as you can." I explained calmly, fixing my glasses," You have to build up your focus. Concentrate on what it would feel like to be an animal. To feel the grass and roots under your paws, the feel of the wind flowing through your fur, or even soaring through the clouds and the sky." I went on dreamily.

Everyone was silent for a moment, trying to get back into the peace, but James couldn't take it anymore. He groaned and fell on his back, tired  of all of this. "I can't do this, this is taking forever."

"Well what did you expect. I told you it's one of the hardest wizarding tasks. It would at least take a year." I sighed loudly, looking down at them.

"I know, but it's soo boring." Peter cried, laying back as well.

I ran a hand through my hair stressfully, jumping off the table. " Why did I ever think this would work." I muttered," You know what, I'm leaving, ok? If you're not going to take it seriously then I'm not going to be any help." I gave up, throwing my hands up in defeat.

The others scrambled to their feet, running to block the door. "Please, please don't leave." Sirius panted.

" We'll focus, we promise." James pleaded.

"Please Thisbe. I need their help." Remus told me softly, looking me in the eyes with such a sad look. I have to keep reminding myself they're doing this for the greater good. If I give up on them then I give up on Remus. And Remus doesn't deserve it, he's already been through enough.

Taking a deep breath, I ran a hand over my face and sighed again. "Fine... Fine, but you must be dedicated. If you're not dedicated enough, then there will be no point. " I said, walking back to the table.

They all followed behind me, taking seats on it. "So what made you become one. What made you so dedicated."

"Knowledge-"

"Of course, because you're just all about knowledge." James snorted at how much of a nerd I sounded.

Sending him a sharp glare, I continued," -but also because... It was everything to me. To be something else than me, than who Thisbe was. I wanted to feel free. That and..."

"And what?" Peter asked, pulling off a leg of his chocolate frog.

I paused for a moment, rubbing my hands together. "Well, both my aunt and my mum were animagi. I thought if I could become one that I might be closer to my mum." I admitted solemnly.

"Your mum? Is she Nidia Robinson?" Remus asked.

I stared at him astonished." Ye-yes how did you know?" I stuttered.

He shrugged." She's in the registry too, but who's your aunt."

"Oh you know her. For sure."

Everyone stood there for a moment before James let out a muffled scream." Of course McGonagall is your aunt! My god!" He exclaimed. I sent him a smirk, crossing my leg over the other, enjoying the view. "That explains why she never got in trouble! The teacher was on her side the whole time." He was frustrated.