Tough Girl Out, Soft Girl In

By DjeffnieOriginal

Monica is a quite girl with two best friends that she knew ever since kinder garden. She has a passion for si... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author Note

Chapter 26

463 22 19
By DjeffnieOriginal

I woke up to find myself on a bed that wasn't mines. Quickly, I sat up with a confused look on my face. Slowly, the memories of what I did last night came back to me.

I smiled and went to brush my teeth. I was already feeling too happy to be here. I didn't miss my father's home at all. Exept for baby Tiara, of course.

I went to my grandma's kitchen and of course there was a heavenly smell coming from it.

Nanna was standing by the stove, with her back towards me. "Hey, Nanna." She turns around and smiles at me.

"Baby, how are you?" She asks.

"Um great." I walked over to her and kissed her cheek.

"I made pancakes." She says, pointing at the pan of pancakes that were sitting on the stove.

"I see." I giggled. "You also made eggs, bacon, and orange juice." I pointed at the plates of fresh breakfast on the kitchen table.

"I know." My grandma laughed.

I shook my head. "Nanna, you don't own a restaurant. Plus, you're gonna get me fat!"

Nanna shook her head. "You need some stuffing up. Look at how skinny you are." She says, poking my stomach.

I glared playfully at her. "I'm not skinny!"

She rolled her eyes, pushing me to take a seat on the table. "Sure, Monica."

It didn't take long for the food to teleport to my belly. My grandma was good at many things, and cooking was one of them.

"It's gonna be easy stuffing you up then, Monica." Nanna says eyeing my empty plate with amusement. I frowned at her as I eyed my plate. Well, I can control myself, at least I think...

"Monica, baby, I called your father. He says it's alright if you stay and he agreed that you could stay for a week." I nodded. "He said that you did need space, so everything is going how you wanted it to."

Oh, really? It seems to me like he didn't care if I wasn't with him or was. I thought that maybe he would put up a fight, demanding for his daughter. But who was I kidding? My father didn't care about me.

"I bet he wouldn't call me or you if you hadn't called him." I said, scowling.

"Monica..." Nanna sighed and avoided my eye contact.

I got up without another word and took my dishes to the sink. After washing them, I called Alex.

He answered the call on the last ring. "Hello?" He says with a yawn.

"Hey Alex." I said nervously.

"Hey...who is this?" His voice was sleepy and I just knew I woke him up from his sleep.

"Monica."

"Monica?" He must have been really sleepy. I didn't know what to say or do. Oh...this was so awkward....

"Yeah, Monica. Um, you know me from school." I said.

"What is Monica to me? Have we done anything special together?" He asked.

My cheeks flushed. He was definitely messing with me!

"Alex!! I'm not in the mood today." I snapped.

"But you didn't answer my-" He starts.

"Okay! I'm hanging up!" I warn.

"No, no! Don't!" Alex laughed. "Hi Monica!"

I shook my head absent-mindedly before realizing that he couldn't see me. "Apologize."

"What why?!" He asked all innocently.
"Apologize, Alex. "

"Okay okay! Fine. I'm sorry, Monica." He chuckled.

I smile. "I forgive you, Alex." I said.

There was a silence for a moment before Alex spoke up again. "I'm surprised you're calling me."

I chuckled. "Me too." I admitted.

"Well, it's great to see you had doubts too." He says sarcastically.

I laughed, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Would you like to hang out?" Alex asked.

"Sure. Where to?" I asked him.

"You'll find out when we get there. I'll come pick you up at twelve. Is that okay?"

"Yeah." I say and told him my adress.

When it was finally was twelve, I spotted his car out in my grandma's frontyard. I told Nanna where I was headed.

Before I could leave, she took my hand. "Is that the young man you were crying about?" She pointed out the window.

Oh. I never explained to her it was a misunderstanding. "Yes." I muttered, afraid of what she may think. She raised her eyebrows at me, showing her disapproval.

I shook my head. "Uh Nanna, it was all a misunderstanding. He wasn't too blame. It was all Asia's fault." I explained.

She frowned. She was unconvinced. "Don't trust them like that, Monica. Boys, especially the young ones, are all full of lies. Remember what I told you, you will find a man who will treat you like the queen that you are."

"Okay, Nanna." I nodded. I needed to get out of here.

She leaned and kissed me on the cheek. "Don't let him break your heart, my sweet child."

I smiled. "I won't." I walked out and climbed into Alex's car. His head laying on the seat, his headphones were tucked into his ear, and his eyes were closed. He looked so peacefull, I wanted to take a picture.

"Hey Alex. " I said smiling. His eyes flew open and he immediately sat up.

"Shoot!" He looked at me then to the closed door. "When did you get in?"

"Right now." I said with my eyebrows raised.

He groaned. "What's wrong?" I asked.

He looks at me with the saddest face ever. "I wanted to open the door for you to get in."

Awww!!! This is why he was so upset? I laughed at him. He shot me a distressed glare. "It's okay, Alex." I laughed. "It's my fault anyway. I took so long. I'm sorry."

He glared at me again. "For real. I almost fell asleep."

I laughed. "It was my grandma, gosh!" He started to pull away from Nanna's house.

"It didn't know you lived here." He says, looking at the house and the neighborhood around it.

"It don't. " I say.

He gave me a confusing look and drove away. "I'm staying here with my grandma for a week. It's a long story." I clarify for him.

"Oh." Is all he said. There was a silence as he focused on his driving.

"Well, I live pretty close to here."

"Oh okay. You wanna take me?" I joked. He didn't seem to find it funny though. He looked at me for a second, with something in his eyes that I didn't understand. I looked away, a little embarrassed. He seemed to be in a bad mood after my question.

Silence spreads throughout the car again. It wasn't comfortable, but awkward. To distract myself, I turned in his radio. One of my favorite songs came up. Sorry by Beyonce.

It didn't take long for me to turn up in his car. I sang along.

Middle fingers up,
Put them hands high,
Wave it in his face,
Tell 'em boy bye,
Tell 'em boy bye,
Boy bye,
Middle fingers up,
I ain't thinking 'bout you

Sorry, I ain't sorry,

Alex laughed. "Is it just me or do u you sing better then Beyonce herself?"
I shook my head. "I'm not that good, Alex."

"But you admit your good?" He chuckled. "I never thought I'd see a day where you would be so boastful."

I punched his shoulder. "I wasn't boastful!"

"Gosh, it was a joke!" He laughed.

Pretty soon we were at Alex's destination. I was surprised to see that we were in front of a little cafe. I have never seen this place before. It was really small, but as we walked inside, I saw that it was full of people.

There were warm lights hanging on the ceiling all around the little cafe. The seats and other furnitures were all a rich golden brown color. There was a scent floating in the air that made me feel super warm inside, reminding me of home. The whole place was just super cozy. I loved it all already.

"You look impressed. Wait to you taste the food." Says Alex. I smile, a feeling of excitement passed through my stomach. If there was something I loved, it was food.

Pretty soon, we ordered what we wanted and sat on a table that had a warm candle sitting on it. I had hot chocolate and a plate of chocolate chip muffins. Alex had coffee and plain donuts.

The moment I drank my hot chocolate, I felt like I was in paradise. The moment I took a bite of my chocolate chip muffins, I felt like I was in heaven. Like, how do I explain the goodness? I don't know. But it was like it was just me and my muffins and hot chocolate, in our own little world, as happy as can be. Even Alex wasn't relevant right now.

"Where were you all my life?" I asked, looking directly at my muffins.

"I guess you lived under a rock your whole life." Alex comments.

I looked at him, raising my eyebrows in mock confusion. "And who are you?"

Alex looked surprised at my question and I bursted out laughing. "Oh never mind, you're Alex. I'm sorry, the muffins took my memory away."

He gives me a wide smile, making me smile. We sat there for a second, with me forgetting about my muffins for a momen, starting at each other and smiling like crazy. I was out my trance when I see Alex's hand slyly slid across the table to my plate.

"Hey!" I yelled, slapping his hand. "You prick!!" He laughed and I reached over for my beloved muffin.

"Give it back Alex, or I'll kill your ugly-" I yelled as he stuck it higher than my arms could reach. I crossed my arms sassily and pouted my lips like a four year old.

He smirked at me. "You have five on your plate!"

"Ok, so what?!" I scowled, I wasn't hoking. I really wanted my muffin. "Every single one of them matters to me!"

Alex laughed and took a big bite. My mouth dropped. Oh, no he didn't! I reached over and took his donut.

"No, Monica!" He protested. I ignored him and took a big bite. And this plain, no icing, donut was marvelous. I was enjoying it and I made sure Alex could see that, mostly by patting my stomach and rolling my eyes in pleasure. He leaned back on his chair, looking completely annoyed.

I smiled but heard laughter around the cafe. I looked to see that people around the cafe were looking at Alex and I, laughing. Some were even 'awwing' at me. I blushed, looking at my plate. I looked up at Alex and saw that Alex was smirking at me. My face heated up more.

Alex and I ended up staying in the cafe more than we intended to. We ate even more of the pastries in the. We laughed, I took pictures, he took pictures, and we talked. I got to know him a little bit better. He told me he lived in Ohio before moving here. His favorite genre of music was RnB, which I applauded him for. He loved to watch to watch comedy, even more than he loved action. His first crush was Rihanna. And he was a mamma's boy, but I don't know if it was true...because the sadness in his eyes...

But seriously, I was starting to really like Alex, well more than I already did. I was going through a bad time right now, and he did the the simplest things that made me a whole lot more happy.

Soon, he drove me back to my Nanna's house. "Well thank you for the-" Well, what do I call it? A date?

He smiles. He didn't really care about what it was called because he just said, "your welcome."

I grinned. "I had a great time, you know."

"Me too. I hope you rest that stomach of yours though." He joked.

I laugh and look at my stomach, "I will."

I smile again. Before I could step out of the car, he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. His lips met mines and he kissed me softly. I was completely in a trance. I wrapped my hands around his neck, pulling him closer to me. His breath smelled like mint, just how I liked it. Sparks ran throughout my veins, and my stomach was filled with butterflies. I felt so alive.

When he pulled away, he grinned at me. "That was nice. Really nice." He winked and my butterflies soared.

I finally got out of my car and walked towards the door. Alex and I weren't dating, but I definitely liked what we were right now.

The door opened before I could open it. My grandma had a sly grin on her face.

"I definitely didn't know my grandmother could kiss like that. I thought you well." She winked.

I laughed. "Nanna, you never thought me how to kiss."

She rolls her eyes. "Well you learned it from someone who sis it well. And I'm the only one in the family who does it well."

I laughed again and went to the room I was staying in.

I grabbed my phone as I lay on my bed. I checked Instagram, avoiding the school's page. I reluctantly went to Lexi's page.

Her latest post was a quote. I knew she loved posting quotes on Instagram. But this wasn't her usual inspiring ones. It read:

'Haters gonna hate. They want what's yours but they learn pretty soon.'

The caption was worst.

I wonder if she's with him right now, being slutty, with her jealous a*s. She can keep hating, but she'll learn her lesson.

I sigh. I knew it was about me. There was no doubt. I closed my eyes, beginning to shake. A lesson? Please, not bullying.

Please, just not again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
118 48 55
"I-I can't believe it's you!" Aliyah is a daughter of a rich business man who grew up an only child raised by her only father ,after finishing her st...
1.3K 97 19
This is Trinity Gardner's Senior year. The last three years of high school were nothing but hectic. Life was very traumatic for Trinity and she was d...
202K 9.9K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...