Tough Girl Out, Soft Girl In

بواسطة DjeffnieOriginal

Monica is a quite girl with two best friends that she knew ever since kinder garden. She has a passion for si... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author Note

Chapter 24

377 21 18
بواسطة DjeffnieOriginal

Alex told me I needed to stop caring about what others thought.

Well, he wasn't going through what I was. People weren't making fun and teasing him all throughout the freaking school day. His best friend's were not ignoring him.

Deep down, I didn't want him to be here because of pity. I wanted him to be here because he wanted to.

I knew I had feelings for Alex, I even admitted it to Asia and Lexi. I wanted him to like me as much as I did. But it would hurt way more if he hung with me because of pity than I'd he didn't like me back.

I looked around the cafeteria to see that some people were looking at me. They were giggling. I didn't know what for. I wasn't doing anything unusual.

Eventually, I found our why they were laughing. I had something on my back.

I reached for it. It was a paper with words on it. I crumbled it up, not even bothering to read it.

I got up from the table and looked at Alex. "Alex, let me do you a favor. I'm going to leave. You can stay here and not have to worry about being friendly to me. It's okay, I really don't want the pity. You can have your peace and happiness."

I walkedaway, not even waiting for his reaction. I knew I was overreacting. I wasn't being bullied now because it wasn't continuous. But I had a feeling this wouldn't stop. I felt like it would get worse. And I was scared of that.

"Yo, Monica!" A senior boy yelled at me. "You don't want to take a bath in some spaghetti with me?"

Some kids in the cafeteria laughed. I rolled my eyes at him. Suddenly I tripped over some freshman kid's foot. I landed on my butt, and I heard even more people laughed. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

A hand reached towards mines, but I ignored it and got up on my own. It was Alex's.

Asia, Lexi, Claire, and even Tyrone were laughing. What a great way to show you want your ex back, Tyrone?
I wanted to wipe the smirks off their faces so bad. I turned to leave but Alex grabbed my hand holding me back.

I glared at him. "Alex, I told you! Leave me alone!"

He ignored me as he glared he stared angrily at the kid who tripped me.

"Listen to me, you little b*tch. You see her?" Alex pointed at me to the kid. He nods slowly. "I swear- if you do that sh*t again, I'll make sure you have no f*cking feet to trip no one with." I stared at him in awe. His jaw was clenched, and there was pure anger in his dark eyes. I could feel myself melt.... and the fact that this anger was all cause of me.

I looked back at the kid, which ruined my froze my melting state. I giggled when the little freshman put up his arms up in a sign of surrendering.

Alex tightened his grip on my arm and he started to lead me to the exit.
Before he could lead me fully away, I looked back at the numbers of students sitting in the cafeteria. I spotted Asia, and suddenly I was in a better mood, when I saw the jealousy in Asia's eyes as she eyed my hand in Alex's. Then I looked at the freshman kid. He looked at me. I used my free hand and threw up my middle finger at him. I heard the whole cafeteria gasp. They probably were surprised to see the quite and uninteresting Monica doing something like that.

I didn't care. If they were going to continue to do things like this to me, they would get a whole other part of Monica they never knew about.

I plastered a huge smile on my face as we stepped out the cafeteria.

"Alex." I looked up, smiling at him. "I-"
He didn't let me finish though. He still looked mad. "Monica, don't ever say that sh*t to me again. I'm not being fake to you. Stop believing that stupid crap. I ain't got time for that."

I was silent. I looked down. He had a point. What he said to that kid, he was proving himself right. I guess, maybe, he actually cared about me and wasn't there for pity.

He took my chin in his hands and faced me towards him.

"Look, Monica. I'm your friend and that's it." His voice became much softer. "I'm not your friend because I feel bad. I'm not your friend because of Asia. I'm your friend because I wanted to be your friend."

I nod, looking him in the eyes. His dark, beautiful eyes looked nothing but sincere and genuine. Without thinking, I reached up and wrapped my hands around him.

He was caught of guard but still squeezed me back. Just like the last time we hugged, I felt safe in his arms. Then I felt the butterflies in my stomach.

Alex and I went to the school library for the rest of lunchtime. There we got to talk and get to know each other. Well maybe Alex got to know me way more. Because, I felt like I did most of the talking, while he asked questions.

"How is Sandy doing, though?" I asked him.

"She's okay. She's kind of struggling though." He shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Why?" I asked, worry taking over my face. I haven't seen Sandy in a while, and I only met up with her two times. But she was Alex's brother. If she's struggling with something, I want to help.

Alex looked at me. "You know after she saw Asia and I at the movies, she has never been the same."

I gasped and looked at him. "Alex! Really?!" He was laughing already. "I thought you were going to be serious. I was really worried!"

Alex continued to laugh. I stared at him. A smile took over my face as I continued to hear the sound of his beautiful laughter.

"But, okay. I'll be serious. She's okay...She is struggling a bit though. She is new here, you know. And she's not really making any friends."

"Why didn't you tell me this?" I asked.

He shrugs. "Seems like you already hot too much on your plate."

I joked, "you want some of it?"

He laughs. "I am kind of hungry."

I laughed with him. "But really." I say, being serious again. "I can help Sandy make new friends. It's not a problem."

"Thanks." He smiled at me. I smiled back. We stayed like that, starting at each other and smiling. My heart was pounding as his dark eyes looked into his dark eyes. Suddenly, his eyes dropped to my lips. My eyes mirrored his actions. Now, we were both staring at each other's lips.

I wanted him to move forward and place his lips on mines. I wanted it so bad.

If he was thinking about it, he couldn't do it. Because the stupid bell decided to ring. I jumped up, grabbing my backpack. I heard Alex sigh silently.

I looked at him than he sniled. "You never told me if you figured out the word for me."

"Huh?" I asked, completely confused.

"You told me I was being cute." He smirked at me. "Well that's not the right word."

I looked away from him, not knowing what to say.

"What's the right word, Monica?" He asked moving closer to me again.

I knew the right word. It was on the tip of my toungue. I didn't want to say it just yet, though.

I wanted to be brave for a while. I dared to say the words that were about to come out of my mouth.

"Why don't you refresh my mind, Alex?" I whispered breathlessly. He was dangerously close. I could feel his heat radiating to mines. My stomach was already doing crazy things.

Maybe I could get the kiss?

Alex smirked at me and leaned foward. His lips were less than one inch from my ear. "I'd love to." He whispered in my ear. I shivered.

Then his lips touched mines. His lips pressed against mines softly and I felt his hands wrapped around my waist. Naturally, my hands wrapped around his neck.

His lips were soft and warm against mines. He pulled me closer and his lips moved against mines. His warm mint breath mixed with mines. Electricity spreader all throughout my body. I felt them from my top of my head to the tip of my toes.

He asked for my permission and I happily allowed him in. His toungue wrapped around mines and-

The late bell ranged. We pulled away from each other.

"We're late." I said, but with a smile on my face. He smiled back.

His fingers stroked my cheek, "What's the word?"

"Sexy." I murmured. He smiled wider and kissed my cheek.

I giggled, feeling my butterflies soar.

Then, we separated and walked to class.

I was in a trance as I walked to my class. Alex just lifted my mood up, like a thousand times today. First he sat next to me, then he stood up for me, and finally he kissed me. And this was suppose to be a bad day.

That kiss was the best kiss I have ever had. I've kissed a few boys before. But no one kissed me like Alex. Not even Tyrone. He kissed me so passionately like I was the only girl who deserved to be kissed.

I was smiling too much. I hoped it didn't leave my face, either. I thought that maybe it could stay.

But, that wasn't reality.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

171K 2.2K 6
Jasmine tries to get the attention of her longtime crush and popular football player Desmond, while outside forces try to stand in her way. ---- Jasm...
17.5K 405 25
Sloane was once a normal teenager till her boyfriend of three years broke up with her and her dad came clean about a haunting secret. Now in the 'pro...
1.3K 97 19
This is Trinity Gardner's Senior year. The last three years of high school were nothing but hectic. Life was very traumatic for Trinity and she was d...
939K 83.3K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...