In Your Arms (Edward Elric x...

By smolbeanjenna

You've known the Elric brothers for as long as you can remember. When you were only 3, your parents died in t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's Note #2
Chapter Nine
Author's Note #3
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen: A Fourth of July Special
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen: Special Chapter
Author Q and A!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Cover Contest
Cover Contest Results
Update

Chapter Fifteen

4.1K 135 203
By smolbeanjenna

(A/N: I'm sure you guys don't like reading these author notes, but... It helps me communicate with you guys more. I don't just wanna be author-chan, I wanna be friends with you guys! I'd like to talk to some author's and become friends :D At 10k reads, I'll do an about me author's note so you guys can know more about me!! Okay, with that being said, thanks for 7k, and enjoy! I love you all!!)

You woke up a few times during the train ride, but you were never able to fully wake up. Sleep took over your body and you were able to fall back asleep after.

It was finally morning, however. And you were almost arriving to Resembool.

You felt a shaking on your shoulders, and you woke up, startled.

"(Y/N), wake up!" You heard a voice say. But you were half asleep, and you couldn't recognize who it belonged to.

You accidentally hit the person in the face, trying to shrub them off.

"Ow! What was that for, (Y/N)?!"

You were now awake, and you came to your senses. You were still in your spot beside Ed, with Cameron and Al across from you, still on the train, with the bright sun shining from the window.

"Oh, Ed! I'm sorry. I was still half asleep."

Ed sighed and put a hand on his forehead. "You're so hard to handle at times, (Y/N)." He said, laughing a little.

"So are you and Al! You guys can be reckless a lot." You said, looking over at Al, who wasn't paying attention. Cameron was asleep still.

"Whatever, (Y/N). You're still the handful!" Ed said, acting playfully irritated.

You stuck out your tongue at him and looked out the window. "So, we're almost there.. it's a nice day to be visiting." You said, looking back at Ed, and then to Al.

"Yeah. I think Winry will be happy to see you, (Y/N). It's been a long time!" Al said, looking through the glass window as well.

"Yeah. I miss her a lot, so I can't wait to see her."

"Well, most likely she'll throw something at me like she always does when I damage my automail.." Ed said, looking down and grinning with a scared look.

"Well, just tell her that you were protecting me. She'll understand."

Then all your memories rushed into your head like crazy. The man that tried to kill the both of you, the big storm, how worried you were about the two of them, and your's and Ed's hug.

To be honest, you didn't want to remember any of it. Even if the hug did feel good.. and it did bring the both of you closer.. you wished that day had never happened. But you were glad that Ed put his arms around you too. That meant that he didn't have a problem with it.

Maybe he does have feelings for me.. but I won't rush things. Besides, we're just best friends right now. It'll be better if we get closer like that.

"Well, maybe.." Ed said. You looked at him and noticed that it looked like he remembered everything that had happened as well.

Suddenly, the train stopped.

"Attention all passengers! We have now reached Resembool station. The train will be stopped for ten minutes to drop off and load passengers. Thank you for your patience." You heard a voice say through the intercom.

"Alright, let's go!" Al said, quickly waking up Cameron.

The four of you quickly got off the train and made your way through the town, heading for the Rockbell's.

You looked at Cameron, and you noticed that it looked like he had something on his mind that was upsetting him.

"Cameron, are you okay?" You asked.

"Oh! Yes, I'm alright. Don't worry about me." He responded.

You shrugged. "If you say so. If there's something bothering you, just say something. We'll help you out." You said, smiling at him.

He started blushing a light pink. You didn't think anyone else noticed, but you could definitely see it.

Why was he blushing? It's not like something you said was romantic, unless he took it a different way.

Or maybe your smile was so gorgeous, he couldn't help but blush.

Walking with the three, carrying your luggage, you were almost at the Rockbell's.

Ed glanced over at you, but you didn't look back. You just started smiling. The more you walked, the more you remembered all of the things you did here as a kid. The more you craved to see Winry and Granny.

You finally approached the home, walking up the long driveway. It was around 11:00 at least, so they should be up..

You smiled wider, staring at the nice, pastel yellow house. You remembered it almost too well. 

"Well.. let's just knock. (Y/N), you should do the honors." Ed said, pointing at the door.

"Okay!" You ran up on the porch, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door.

"Yeah, just a second!"

It was Granny's voice.

The door slowly opened. She hadn't grown an inch since you last saw her.

She was silent for a moment.

"(Y/N)...? Is that you?" She said, taking off her glasses, cleaning them, and putting them back on.

You crouched down and gave her a big hug. "Welcome home, sweetie! Do you know how long it's been? Wait till Winry sees you-"

Then she spotted Ed, Al and Cameroon.

"Oh, you're with Ed and Al!" She didn't even mention Cameron. "I should get dinner started then. I'll just go with soup. Come inside, child."

You motioned at Ed and Al to come inside, and Cameron followed.

"Winry's working on something for a customer upstairs. You should go surprise her, (Y/N)."

You smiled devilishly. "Okay.."

Ed gave you a warning look. "She'll throw a wrench at you! Be careful!" He whispered as you walked up the stairs.

You remembered with room was hers the second you walked up there. Grasping the door handle, you took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Granny, I told you I'm working.. is the customer here early?" She said, turned around at her desk. She wasn't looking your way.

You didn't respond, you just waited for her to turn around.

She dropped her tools and got up.

"(Y/N)?! What are you doing here? I missed you so much!!" She opened up her long arms and squeezed you into a tight hug.

"I missed you too!! How have you been?"

"I'm not important! How have you been? And where have you been? You better answer all of my questions!" She said, smiling.

You explained to her what all had happened after you ran away, including reuniting with Ed and Al, becoming a State Alchemist, and showing her the scar on your hand, of course.

"Wow.. that's incredible. Wait, does that mean Ed is here?" 

"Yeah! Al is too.. they're downstairs."

She got up from where the two of you were sitting and ran downstairs as fast as she could.

Oh,  you thought. Well, it's okay. Maybe she's excited to see them as well.

You ran downstairs and followed her, the smell of the soup filling your nostrils.

"Oh... hey Winry! How have ya been?" Ed said, putting on a fake smile. He was hiding his arm in the sleeve of his red cloak.

"Ed.. you're acting weird.."

"What? Me? Not at all! I'm perfectly fine, haha!"

He's such a bad liar. No wonder he doesn't like speaking to me when he lies about something.

"Ed... did you break your arm..?"

"Haha, well you see.. I, um, yes."

She grabbed a wrench out of the toolbox nearest to her and threw it at him.

"I took two whole days making that arm, with no sleep! Why do you keep breaking your arm?!"

Ed rubbed his forehead. "I didn't do it on purpose, I swear! You see, there was this guy, and he was trying to hurt (Y/N) and I, and-"

"Oh, so you're getting into fights? That's exactly what I said not to do!"

Ed stopped himself from saying anything else, because she'd probably throw another wrench at him if he did.

She sighed and closed her eyes. "Honestly, I worry about you guys.. and you're just getting into fights with people all the time.. and breaking my masterpieces.."

"And what about you, Al?!" She said, looking over at Al, who was standing far away from her.

"Huh? No, Winry, it wasn't me! It was all Brother!"

"Wow, thanks Alphonse, way to rat out your older brother!" Ed yelled, grabbing a pillow from the couch as a shield, prepared to block any attacks from Winry.

You plopped onto the couch, and after realizing Winry was at ease, Ed plopped down beside you.

You wished you could all be this happy all the time.

"Oh, where's Cameron?" Al asked.

"Hmm, I don't know." You responded.

"Who's Cameron?"

"Our guide. We had to get out of town because-" Before you could say anything else, Ed threw a hand over your mouth and whispered in your ear.

"We can't let her know that we left because of a State Alchemist serial killer! She'd kill us for getting into more trouble.."

"Ahem!" She said, waiting for an answer.

"Oh, we had to get out of town because.. uh.. the weather! Yeah, the weather was getting bad, and there was a ton of tornadoes, so we decided to visit!" You said, making something up as fast as you could, even though it wasn't entirely made up.

Winry looked a little saddened, but she looked up again afterwards, and walked into the kitchen.

"Phew.. that was a close one." Ed said, still keeping his voice to a minimum. 

You guessed that Winry was helping Granny with dinner, so you decided to go outside with Ed and Al.

You guys decided to play around and spar with each other. Smiling and having victory the first round, you threw up your arms, claiming yourself as the fighting queen.

"Is that so? I'll get you next round, (Y/N)!" Ed said, while Al decided to watch the two of you spar.

The two of you fought with each other, although you were both going easy on one another, because you were just playing around.

You spotted Winry who was looking through the kitchen window at the three of you. You waved, but lost your concentration and Ed soon was able to pin you to the ground. "I win!" He exclaimed.

The three of you sparred the rest of the afternoon until it was time to go inside to eat. You had won most of the matches, but Ed almost tied with the amount of rounds you won. Al did pretty good every time he sparred, but he enjoyed watching the two of you more, rather than fighting, so he stayed out most of the time.

The three of you raced inside for dinner. Sitting down at the table, you and Ed waited patiently for Granny to give you a bowl of soup.

"I call mine first!" Ed said.

"You can't call first, Ed. That's rude."

He stuck out his tongue at you, and you stuck yours out back at him.

You both started laughing at how childish the both of you were.

Winry arrived and sat down at the table. "Hey Winry, you should have seen me beat (Y/N) during our matches."

"Shut up Ed! I beat you way more times! Winry, you should have seen me!"

She smiled, but it quickly faded. What was wrong with her?

"Now, now. Quit yelling or you won't get any soup at all." Granny scolded.

She gave all three of you soup at the same time, so no one exactly got first.

"Where's Cameron?" You said, taking a spoonful of the soup to your soft lips. It made you feel warm inside, and you felt right at home.

"Oh, the man with the dark hair? He went on a walk to look around, but he never came back. He should be back soon though, it's almost dark." Granny responded.

You and Ed scarfed down the soup, your stomach's full.

You decided to go to bed early, because you were tired from all of the sparring with Ed and Al.

The five of you sat down at the couch after dinner, talking and entertaining one another.

But something was bothering you. Winry seemed upset about something, and she wasn't talking as much.

"I hope Cameron's okay," You said, changing the subject.

"He should be fine, (Y/N), don't worry. Besides, he's our guide, and the military entrusted our safety to him. So if he's able to protect the three of us, he can take care of himself." Ed responded.

That made you feel more at ease, and you decided to head off to bed.

"Goodnight everyone!" You said, and headed off to the guest room. 

Exhausted, you hopped into bed and turned off the light.

You couldn't sleep, however.

You were worried about Winry, and Cameron too. 

Why would he just disappear like that without telling the three of you? And for Winry.. why is she so sad? 

You didn't know at the time, but you'd find out exactly why the both of them were acting strange.

And both of the reasons weren't good things at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 7.9K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
272K 11.3K 40
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
509K 16K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...