The Morning Star (TMI City of...

By Elysia21

When Clary goes after Jace to save him from Sebastian, she doesn't expect to find them bound together and wor... More

Chapter 1 - Missing
Chapter 2 - Brotherly Bonds
Chapter 3 - Recovered Belongings
Chapter 4 - London
Chapter 5 - Dinner Party
Chapter 7 - Dancing with the Devil
Chapter 8 - Angelic Indulgences
Chapter 9 - Secrets Hidden
Chapter 10 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 11 - Celebrating Destruction
Chapter 12 - Recovering
Chapter 13 - The Awakening
Chapter 14 - Red to Call Enchantment Down
Chapter 15 - The Endarkened
Chapter 16 - Fire and Flame
Chapter 17 - Cruel Intentions
Chapter 18 - The Law is Hard
Chapter 19 - But It is the Law
Chapter 20 - The Trial
Chapter 21 - Truth Be Told
Chapter 22 - Waiting Game
Chapter 23 - Forever Isn't Enough
Chapter 24 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 25 - Road to Redemption
Chapter 26 - Forces United
Chapter 27 - Return to Edom
Chapter 28 - The Final Battle
Chapter 29 - Carry On
Epilogue - The End of it All

Chapter 6 - Very Own Paradise

1.3K 35 1
By Elysia21

The next morning Clary was woken up by her sheets being ripped off. She groaned and curled up in a ball, holding her legs tightly. "I don't wanna get up yet. It's cold in here!" She had stayed in the room meant for her, she wanted to stay with Jace, but thought better of it until she knew she could control herself. Besides, it felt almost wrong to stay with him with her brother right down the hall. The only pajamas that were in the drawers were silky shorts and tanks along with silky and lacy dresses. She opted for a matching night set of mauve silk shorts and tank. It was plenty comfortable, but not warm, especially not facing the crisp air without the blanket that was now being held by her brother. "Sebastiannnnnnn," She droned, clearly complaining.

"No, I don't wanna hear it. I promised fun today and dammit we are going to have it! Now get up before I splash cold water on you." She could hear in his voice that he was joking, but she didn't want to risk it. She wouldn't necessarily put it past him to do it. She sat up with a groan as he was already on his way out the door, yelling over his shoulder, "And pack a bathing suit!"

"A bathing su- What? Sebastian!" She called after him but he was already gone. Great. She muttered to herself. She was entirely at a loss for what was going on. Dragging her hands down her face, she headed to the bathroom, brushing her hair and washing her face. The dresser had so many clothes, but not many bathing suits at all. And there was no way she was going to wear some of them. She finally settled on an emerald green bikini with gold accents and paired it with a white lace coverup dress and black flip flops. Her hair fell in curly tumbles down her back. She had almost forgotten how long it had gotten, nearly touching the bottom of her waist. She grabbed a bag and walked over to Jace's room, peeking her head in without knocking, "Helloooo?"

Jace poked his head out of the bathroom with a smile, he was still dripping wet from a recent shower she had guessed, "Hey, beautiful." His perfect smile shone bright against his honey skin and it warmed her as much as it had the first time she had ever seen it.

"Are you ready to go? Sebastian said we would need bathing suits for, wherever he is taking us this time. But he said it was just for pleasure, no business this time. But I have a feeling he takes pleasure in his business, not that I know what his business is yet." She continued rambling on until she saw Jace's suppressing a laugh and she stopped herself. A look of confusion passed over his face for a brief moment, but it was gone as fast as it had appeared.

"Yeah, let me just change and I'll be down." With that she smiled and walked out, hopping down the stairs to see Sebastian drinking coffee in the kitchen.

"Well someone looks prepared." He raised an eyebrow as his eyes surveyed her, suddenly making her self-conscious. He was dressed navy shorts and a white shirt, smirking into his mug.

"Hey, you told me bathing suit! I was just doing as I was told." She chided, crossing her arms over her chest. A dark glint passed over his face for a moment and he smiled.

"Good. I'm glad you do as you're told." He was setting the mug down as Jace came clambering gracefully down the glass staircase. Sebastian looked extremely irritated and almost angry for a moment before he controlled it.

"It's alright if Jace comes too, right?" She hadn't even thought twice about it until now, she had thought Sebastian would have invited him himself. She tried to think back of when he told her of their trip, had he insinuated it would be just the two of us? If he had, she didn't pick up on it.

"Of course it's alright if Jace comes." There was no hint of any anger in his voice or composure anymore as he smiled at Jace and went to the portal door. "Are you both ready?" He turned back to look at them with a smile and, when they nodded, he stepped through with them trailing behind.

They had opened up onto a boardwalk above a beautiful white sand beach. The beach was surrounded by gorgeous flowers and lush greenery blending into the brightly colored houses of the city. It was unlike any places she had ever been, sure she had been to the beach in New York, but it was cold and nothing like the tropical beauty that was here. Her eyes lit up as she looked around, and to her surprise, so did Jace's.

"Welcome to your very own paradise," Sebastian smirked as he put his arms out in a grand gesture, encompassing the beauty that surrounded them. Jace walked around with a smile, his blonde locks falling gently over his eyes. He was a vision on the beach, khaki shorts with a light blue button down that was unbuttoned halfway down his chest.

"It really is beautiful, I've never been to the beach before," He smiled at Clary, rolling his long sleeves up his arms. "Where are we exactly?" He questioned and turned his gaze back towards Sebastian.

"Saint Barthélemy, a French island in the Caribbean," He said it lazily, as if it was not amazing that they were in London yesterday and the Caribbean today, "But this is not our final destination." He gestured down the boardwalk as he turned and made his way forward. Clary smiled at Jace as he took her hand and they followed. They made their way along the beach for a while until they reached a dock where Sebastian whispered to the attendant, who then eagerly let us through. "Here we are." He stopped next to a huge yacht, white and gold wood with a large front deck.

"Wait, this is yours?" Clary asked, raising her eyebrow at him, or attempting to at least.

"More or less." And with a smirk, he stepped on, pulling Clary along with Jace hopping on behind her.

Sebastian retired into the cabin for a little, leaving Clary to look around at the luxury yacht she was now on, with wooden floors all across the deck, orange cushioned seats scattered about. At the very forefront of the deck was a large seating area close together, creating a sort of daybed. Jace walked over to one of the couches on the side of the deck and settled down on it, laying his feet on the glass table in front of him. He gestured for Clary to come over and she did, dropping her bag on the ground before standing in front of him, knocking his legs back on the floor. He wrapped his arms around her legs and pulled her down on top of him, laughing. Grabbing his face and turning it up to hers, she planted a sweet kiss on his lips. She could feel his smile against her lips and it was met by her own. She pulled back a little and stroked his golden hair in admiration. He was everything to her. And he was all hers, the perfection that was Jace was hers. He opened his eyes and she could see them darken, the gold turning to amber as he moved his hands down to roughly grab her hips. A playful smirk crossed his face and he put his lips to her neck, dragging them down to her collarbone and nipping it playfully. His tongue sent shivers through her body and her hands instinctively clenched tightly around his hair. He moved his mouth back up to her temple and whispered in her ear; things that told her he loved her, things that told her he admired her, and things that told her he wanted her. Her eyes closed as her body shivered and shook beneath his touch. When she couldn't take it anymore, she guided his mouth to hers and kissed him fiercely, directing the fire that was in her body into his. His hands moved freely over her back as hers gripped his neck and ran through his curls. They were broken out of their trance when they heard someone clear their throat from behind them. She scrambled up off of Jace, leaving him sitting there flushed.

"Well you two are definitely in the party spirit already it seems." Sebastian was leaning on the cabin door with a sinister smirk spread across his face. He was holding 2 bottles in one hand and 3 glasses in the other. "How about we properly start it now?" He began walking to them as the boat slowly made its way out of the harbor. He sat one side of the couch and patted next to him for Clary to sit. She sat between him and Jace, blushing and looking at him warily.

"What are those?" She nodded her head to indicate the 2 bottles he set on the table.

"It's alcohol, little sister. Surely you've had some before?" He looked at her and cocked his head to the side, like he was genuinely curious when she looked down awkwardly. "Well that's amusing," a big smile spread as he poured some of the clear liquid into the 3 glasses, "Time to learn, Clarissa." He and Jace clinked glasses and looked to her to do the same, she slowly picked it up and clinked it as well. "To our little trio." And with that, they downed the drink.

The liquid went down her throat smoothly, leaving a  burning sensation afterwards and in her stomach. She grimaced when Jace started pouring the next round, preparing herself for it.

"I don't know if I'm going to partake in round two." Her laugh came out timidly and Sebastian frowned.

"But I want you to." He stated plainly. Normally, that would make her angry, someone assuming she was there to do what they want, but when he said it she felt the need to make him happy. So, reluctantly, she picked up the glass quietly and downed it in one gulp. His frown turned into a grin as he did the same and poured more for all of them. "Again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 293 15
Shadowhunter Clary Fray believes she has discovered her perfect life. Surrounded by her friends and family Clary believes she has finally recovered f...
19.9K 515 32
Basically the TMI characters in a mundane world. All rights go to the talented CASSANDRA CLARE. Please keep in mind this is fan fiction so it isn't a...
112K 3.3K 29
Clary, Jace, Simon, and Alec have ventured seemingly past the point of no return to save the ones they love and the entire race of Shadowhunters- the...
43.3K 1.6K 22
Girl who has been lost in the dark, twisting tunnel for a long time until she finally finds daylight. There's so much to live for and to learn from. ...