Drunk Love→ Sequel to Tough L...

By brokenpausebutton

❝somewhere along the lines, you changed.❞ book ❷ copyright @ b r o k e n p a u s e b u t t o n More

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE

FOURTEEN

3K 115 112
By brokenpausebutton

"SO, HOW DO we get 'The Skylar Winston' back?" Soda questioned while putting his hands in his pockets.

We were walking down the street in silence until he asked that question. I stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets and took a deep breath, the cold air visually showing my oxygen releasing my cold body. 

"I have no idea." 

"I fell in love with the old Skylar. The one who was broken and damaged, but she still showed a smile on her face for everyone. The one who was so sassy, her mother, the sassiest person alive, would be jealous. The one who was always loyal to her friends. The one who could kick some Soc's to the ground and come home without a scratch on her face. The one who didn't care what others thought about her. And the one who fell in love with me." He spoke softly, looking at me. 

"Are you saying because I'm having an identity crisis, I don't love you anymore?!" I started raising my voice and stopped in my tracks, shooting him daggers. 

He stopped and turned to look at me. "Look, Blue. You're not yourself anymore. Change is a good thing, but when you change EVERYTHING about you, even your personality? That's when it's not good. I don't know if you love me anymore like you used to and that's okay. But you haven't exactly been taking part in the relationship lately." 

"Oh, well sorry," I scoffed, "it's not my fault I have to work twenty four seven, it's not my fault I have to make sure the kids are fed, bathed, and in bed by ten, and it's certainly not my fault that my brother just died!"

He sighed and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Blue." I hugged him back and once I pulled away, I ran my hands through my hair. "I do have to admit though, our relationship isn't the same as it used to be." 

He silently nodded, a sad expression washed over his face. "It's fine if you want to take a break. I know your life's been a living hell lately and if you don't love me the same then-" I cut him off by smashing my lips against his, feeling the same surge of electricity shoot through me as it did when we were together.  

When we broke apart, he looked shocked. "Y-you kissed me." 

I chuckled and nodded. "That I did." 

"I've been craving that feeling ever since we split. The wait was totally worth it." He breathed, taking my hand in his. 

"I think I'm slowly starting to get myself back." I giggled, thinking back to the kiss. He gave me his famous smile, "I love that giggle."

We stopped in front of the school and I took a deep breath, all of the memories floating back to me. Eighth grade graduation, senior graduation, P.E. classes with Ponyboy and Sarah, art classes, and always sneaking out of school because I didn't care. 

I looked towards Soda and knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Why are we here?" Even though deep down, I already knew why. 

"We're getting you back."

"How do you even know where I find myself in this place?" I questioned, looking around the high school halls aimlessly. 

He grabbed me by the wrist and stopped me in front of a familiar door. "Skylar," He said using my real name, "when's the last time you drew?"

"Ummmm...." I trailed off not knowing when the last time was. "Drawing and singing are two of the things that make you, YOU. Why would you quit them?" 

"I- I don't know." I stuttered as he pushed me through the art classroom. When we entered, my old art teacher, Mr. Coker, walked up to us while smiling. "Skylar, it's great to see you here again!"

Obviously Mr. Coker is on the left lmao and Skylar is on the right

"Why the sad face?" He questioned giving me a sad look.

"I-I guess I lost myself. I need help finding myself again." I spoke, my voice barely reaching a whisper. 

"Well, you came to the right place! You always find yourself through art." Mr. Coker spoke while raising his hands in the air. 

He sat a blank canvass in front of me and handed me paint and paintbrushes. "So, go ahead. Paint what you're feeling."

I gave him a blank look. 

He gestured towards the canvass. "C'mon, Winston. Do what you did back in high school." 

I glanced at the blank canvass in front of me and dipped the paintbrush in the color blue. I took a deep breath and started painting. I kept going and going and once I finished, I sat the paintbrush down. Soda flashed me a smile and I flashed one back. Mr. Coker came over and when he saw what I painted, he looked disappointed. 

"That's not you." He simply stated while pointing towards the painting. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I painted what I felt. How is that not me?"

"I see sadness and anger in there, but this style? It's not the old Skylar." 

I stood up and hot tears started streaming down my cheeks. "I don't know the old Skylar anymore, okay?! I don't! And I don't think we're ever going to get her back!" 

I ran into his arms and started crying. He was shocked at first, but gently patted my back. "Make it stop." He begged, talking to Soda.

Soda pulled me away and held me in his arms. "I think I have an idea." 

We left the art room and told Mr. Coker goodbye, him telling me that he hopes I find myself again. "What's your idea?" I asked as Soda dragged me towards the DX. 

"Here?"

He slightly smirked at me. "This always goes on at this exact same time. This will prove if the old Skylar is back." 

Sandy pulled in and got out of her car. I instantly started getting pissed. She comes here and tries to see Soda everyday? She turned around and once she saw us, she smirked at Soda. I growled and clenched my fists, making Soda chuckle and step back. 

"Soda, why are you stepping back?" Sandy asked innocently. 

"Because I'm not trying to get thrown to the ground." He mocked her tone of voice and she furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean?" 

"He means this." I snapped and slammed Sandy against the side of her car. 

Her eyes were wild as she stared at me, horrified. "Get the hell off of me!" 

I smirked and grabbed her by the collar, pulling her close to my face. "I won't get the hell off of you until you get the hell off of Soda. Got it?" 

She rolled her eyes. "Just admit it. He'll leave you again and he'll always come crawling back to me because he never loved you." 

I've had it.

I threw her down on the concrete and my fist connected with her jaw, making a pop noise. I let her go and walked away, brushing my hands off while flipping my hair. I looked over and saw the whole gang watching me wide-eyed. 

"I think she's back." Soda smirked. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 10 45
What the title says. WARNING: There will be some sensitive topics in this book.
38K 178 46
I totally will take requests! If I don't update too often, I'm sorry ;) I probably will update at least once a week, maybe even more often! And ya, I...
28.1K 389 13
❝ 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. ❞ ━ to | ponyboy curtis x fem reader (discontinued)
5K 76 17
✧˖*°࿐ ━━━━━ ❝𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔. 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆...