Bad Boys Don't Cry

By _Faith-o_

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the... More

-Bad Boys Don't Cry-
Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?
Chapter Two: I Barely Know You And You're Giving Me A Ride?
Chapter Three: I Trust You, Bailey
Chapter Four: Cootie Friends
Chapter Five: Family Is Important
Chapter Six: Why?
Chapter Seven: The Waiting Game
Chapter Eight: Beach Day?
Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.
Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses
Chapter Eleven: I Have A Thing Of Not Leaving Broken People Behind
Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Kill Me
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Max?
Chapter Fifteen: You Smell Good
Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?
Chapter Eighteen: My Teddy Bear Is Talking, Bennett!
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Go On An Adventure
Chatper Twenty: Dylan.
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Malfoy.
Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place
Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type
Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead
Chapter Twenty Seven: What's With Your Hair?
Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up
Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.
Chapter Thirty: What The Hell Is That, Grayson?
Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired
Chapter Thirty Two: Everything's Going to Be A-Okay, Winters
Chapter Thirty Three: Did You Know I Want To Die, My Little Bean?
Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend
Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...
Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week
Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely
Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring
Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?
Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now
Chapter Forty One: Bang.
Chapter Forty Two: That Should've Been Me.
Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?
Chapter Forty Four: Everything Will Be Different
Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!
Chapter Forty Six: Because I Don't Want To Say Goodbye Yet.
e p i l o g u e
Q & A With Author
An Author's Note Three Years Later...

Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying

29.3K 974 89
By _Faith-o_

Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"Dang it!" I yelled as Bennett laughed at me.

"I told you you had no chance of winning against Bennett. He always wins at shooter games." Parker said, putting frozen peas on his rib cage.

Grayson and Parker got into a fight not long after Bennett and I left. It was two days after the fight and Parker didn't admit he was hurt until yesterday. He didn't take care of it because he was taking care of me most of the time. I kept asking him if he was okay when he winced in pain, but he kept insisting that it was for some different reason. I just wished I did something the first time I asked if he was hurt because his bruise on his side was big.

A knock came to my front door, interrupting us in our fun, "I've got it." Parker said, standing up wincing.

"Nope." I said, setting him back down from where he sat, "I'll get it."

"Are you sure, Bailey?" Bennett asked, looking at me worried, "You never know if there-"

"I'll be fine." I said, giving him a reassuring grin.

I walked to the door and opened it. Before I could see who it was, they pulled me out of the house, placing a hand over my mouth, preventing me from screaming. The stranger tied my hands together, "Tell them you're going out for a walk, or else you won't see the light of day."

He released his hand from my mouth and I took the liberty to disobey his orders, "Parker! Bennett! He-"

"You fucking bitch." The man screeched, interrupting my pleas for help.

He pulled me even further out and threw me in a car when I saw Bennett and Parker running out to get the guy that threw me in, "Max! Hurry and drive!" The man ordered before struggling with Parker's fist.

I turned beside me and saw the face of the person that drugged me a few days before, 'Max.' Just like what Parker had said, the looks between Grayson and his brother are uncanny. They practically looked the same. The only difference was that Grayson's eyes were brown, not gray, Max's hair was bleached, but you could see his brown roots and he had no black rimmed glasses that hugged his face. "Hey Beautiful." Max greeted, with a sly smirk on his face as he moved closer to me in the back seat, "You miss me?"

"Fuck you, you creepy ass dick." I said, trying to kick his balls.

He hushed me, grabbing my legs and pinning them down, "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You wouldn't want to fight with me, Princess."

"What do you want?" I asked, slightly annoyed I get into these situations.

"Well, it's more of what my father wants." He answered, letting go of my legs, a hint of regret flashing through his eyes. He gave me a sad grin, "He wants Grayson to cooperate with him and join the family business."

"You're not his family, you dick." I spat.

His grin vanished into a sad look, "Well, ignorance and arrogance runs in the family, Sweetie." He shrugged.

"What did you do to Grayson?"

"He's fine. I guess you could say. He left, actually. You have his friends but... I highly doubt his friends would help you."

"Why is that?"

"They only follow by Grayson's order. They only stayed because of Grayson." He explained.

I couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth, "Your lying." I said. I knew that he was. I knew he was.

"Are you sure, Sweat Pea?" He asked with a sad smirk, "Come on, think. You have that brain of yours up there. Grayson was the one that insisted that they'd protect you from us. Grayson was the one who introduced you to all of them. I bet they'd leave if they weren't scared of my little brother. I mean, honestly, I think you've fallen for the three boy's facade. Bennett's wit, Parker's protection, and my baby brother's love."

I was absolutely fuming at this. I can't let him get into my head. I'm not going to let him. My thoughts got interrupted by the car halting to a stop, "I'll see you later, Princess," Max said, taking off the rope that held my hands together, "but don't you worry about a thing! It'll be soon when you see this sweet little face again." He said, winking, gesturing for me to get out.

I looked at him, wondering as to why he hadn't just took me there and then, but before I got out, I looked at his eyes. He was hurting. I couldn't say anything because of the driver, so I just frowned at him as I got out of the car. They drove off soon after I closed the car door and when they left, I took out my phone and called Grayson.

I needed to make sure he was okay. That he was fine, "Hello?" His voice ringing through the phone.

"G-Grayson?" I stuttered.

"Where are you? Are you okay? Tell me where you are and I'll be there."

"M-Meet me at the beach." And with that I ended the call and called an Uber to bring me to my destination.

*

"Bailey!" Grayson yelled as he came running towards me. His glasses going up and down, threatening to fall to the ground.

Before he could hug me, my hand went out and pushed him, preventing his arms to go around me, "Max." I said, "Who is he and why didn't you tell me about him?"

Grayson's smile faded away, a frown replacing his happy look, "What did he do?"

"He told me some things."

"Don't listen-"

"Just answer my questions Grayson. I'm not here for you." I half-lied.

He sighed in disappointment, "Brother. Mistake. Wasn't suppose to be here but my father didn't see him the way I did. I hated him and he hated me."

"I kinda know that."

He rolled his eyes, "Max was always the favorite between me and him. He'd always be there to help my dad whenever he asked. Since he was in the eye of the public, better looking, older and 'relatable?' my dad hired him to be in the company. Max is kind of like his secretary, you could say. The person who well gathers the people that my father needs to meet."

"How much older is he to you?"

"He's twenty." Grayson said, in disgust, "So you like him better than me?"

"No." I said, immediately making him relax.

There was a pause, "Bailey. I wasn't lying when I said I like you." He said, "I was scared that my father'll find out that your someone close to me and will hurt you to get me to join his company."

I sighed, annoyed at the fact he brought it up, "S-So you'd rather put someone else in danger?" I asked.

"N-No! I didn't mean it like-"

"Grayson. Just please." I shut my eyes, not wanting to let the tears to fall out.

"Come on." He sighed, a hint of regret laced his voice. I reluctantly followed him to his car.

*

"Why'd you bring me here?" I asked as we neared the beach house.

Grayson didn't answer. He parked in front of the house, and exited the car. He opened the front door, and I followed him, "Gray," I said, knowing it'll catch his attention, kicking off my shoes, "why are we at your-"

The next few moments went fast. The door slammed and next thing I know, Grayson slammed his lips on mine, causing sparks to erupt in my stomach. I acted immediately and kissed back, "Jump." He breathed against my lips and I did what he asked.

He caught me, then slammed me on the wall, "I like you, and only you." He breathed, breaking the kiss, "I swear, that girl was a mistake and I take full responsibility for that. I'm so-" before he could finish his sentence, I slammed my lips back on his. I couldn't be mad at him... I just... Couldn't

He kissed back and smiled into the kiss, "You're too cute." I panted.

He rolled his eyes at me, "I'm not cute, I am hot. My bad boy essence usually woo's the ladies."

"A lip ring woo's the ladies." I teased, "I think you need some lessons from Parker."

"Sure," Grayson, rolled his eyes, "Parker knows more about cars than love."

"You never know," I giggled. I looked at him, and realized I was still against the wall, "Um... Grayson... C-Can you put me down?"

He flushed, "Oh, right." He said, but he didn't put me down.

Instead, he carried me further into the house, causing me to squeal, "Grayson! What are you doing?"

He shoved open the door, revealing his bedroom, "Grayson, if you think I'm going to have sex with you, you're really really stupid."

"Aw... You crushed my hopes and dreams." He teased, pouting, "That was exactly my intention."

I stared at him with fear, "I'm just kidding." He added.

He placed me on the bed and laid down beside me. We didn't talk awhile after that. We were left in complete silence, "What did I do?" Grayson asked all of a sudden.

I turned to face him, not knowing what he meant, "I don't understand."

"What did I do to get you scared of me?" He asked, "I want to know what I did wrong."

I looked at him in the eyes. I could tell by one look, he was confused and jealous, "I-I'm afraid of what you can do." I admitted, "After Parker, I'm scared of what you'll do to your friends, Bennett. Parker. Me."

"Please don't be afraid of me. You've got to trust me. I have reasons for my actions."

"And what was the reason?"

A shade of red swept across his cheeks, to his ears, "I needed you." He said, pulling me closer, making me blush.

I turned my back to him, "I think I'm going to take a nap." I said, not wanting to talk anymore.

Grayson sighed, "Okay. Goodnight, Bails."

Was I leading him on? I do like him though, right? That's no leading him on... At least I don't think so.

I rolled my eyes at what I was thinking. I'm not leading him on if I actually have feelings for him. I snuggled into his blankets, drifting off to sleep.

*•*•*•*
(A/N)
Hey. Sorry for not updating yesterday. I had to help out with my school's orientation and I had a play to go to for me friend. Tomorrow I am going to be having a triple update. So yeah!

Hope you guys are enjoying the book and your having an amazing summer break! See ya tomorrow!

:-) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 830 52
" hey ". I look up to see a tall guy, around my age. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Wearing a jean jacket, jeans and a gray top with black running shoe...
5.9K 348 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
26.2K 832 28
"Please, Princess, by the end of the semester, you'll be begging for me," I had never been too good with the opposite sex, and I mean I've had boyfri...
234K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...