I'm What You're Missing || R...

By rydelly_belly

it's been six years since the austin and ally cast have seen each other as a whole. it's also been six years... More

1 | Falling Apart
2 | Face to Face
3 | Promises
4 | She Has a Date
5 | Slow Dancing
6 | Cuddling
7 | A Backup
8 | Fourth of July Plans
9 | 4th of July = Fireworks
11 | Nice Guy
12 | Drunken Voicemails
13 | Drunken Words are Sober Thoughts
14 | Stop. Tweeting. About. Me.
15 | First Date
16 | Sibling Bonding
17 | The Edison
18 | Teenage Dreams Come True
19 | One Week
20 | Talk Shows
21 | Family
22 | Wedding Fun and Fights
23 | Happy Birthday, Loser
24 | Promise Rings
25 | Happy New Years!
26 | The Bahamas
27 | Six Months is Only the Beginning
Epilogue

10 | We Don't Talk Anymore

3.5K 107 112
By rydelly_belly

❣❣❣SUPER IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE READ❣❣❣

I'm What You're Missing: 10 | We Don't Talk Anymore
| Ross Lynch |

"OH MY GOSH, YOU GUYS!" Laura shouts, walking into my apartment. I invited Raini, Calum, and Laura to come hang out with me, considering I haven't seen Raini and Calum for a couple weeks. Last time I saw Laura was three days ago when I dropped her off at home after our Fourth of July trip thing.

"What what what?!" Raini exclaims, matching Laura's voice. Chuckling, I lean back on my couch and sip some beer.

"My sister just set me up with the best person for me like ever." Calum's eyes immediately settle on me as his smile fades. Well shit.

"Oooo, tell us!" Raini squeals, pulling Laura down to sit beside her. Now, since Raini sat beside Calum, and Calum sat beside me, Laura was really far away from me. Which I guess is good.

"Wait, what happened to the no dating decision?" Calum asks, helping me out a little. "I thought boys were icky or nasty or something." He adds.

"Calum, I'm not seven." Laura says, narrowing her eyes. "And who cares, I'm single, I should be able to go on dates and have fun!" So should I, but I'm not over you. "Okay, so, his name is Kyler and he's twenty-nine, so he's older, which is kinda sexy." And I'm younger, by a fucking month. "He has dark dark hair, yet the bluest of eyes, which is super attractive." While I have blonde hair and nasty hazel eyes. "And he's like, five feet ten, so more my height range." And of course, I'm practically 6'1". "And he's a college professor for literature."

"Oh my god, he sounds awesome, Laura." Raini says.

"Yeah, he does." I whisper, picking at my fingernail. "When's the date?" I ask, putting on a small fake smile.

"Tomorrow night. He's taking me to an Italian restaurant. Oh, and his favorite movie is based on a book Nicholas Sparks wrote-"

"The Best of Me? The Notebook? Message in a Bottle? The Last Song? Safe Haven? The Lucky One? A Walk to Remember? Nights in Rodanthe? Dear John? The Choice? The Longest Ride? Deliverance Creek?... I think that's all." I say.

"And how the hell do you know that?" Raini asks, giving me her creeped out look.

"Uh, I love romantic movie, Raini, where the hell have you been?" I ask.

"Safe Haven or A Walk to Remember." Laura mumbles, biting her lip.

"My cousin, Julianne Hough, is in Safe Haven-" I begin to say, but she cuts me off.

"Yup, then it's Safe Haven. He went on and on about how he absolutely loved Julianne and Derek's dancing and both their acting." I furrow my eyebrows. "And he has a little sister who's a little younger than us and she loves R5, so I told him we're best friends again and he'd love it if you'd see his little sister."

"Wait, so you've already talked to him before?" I ask.

"Oh, we ran into each other the other week at The Grove and I guess he kept asking Vanessa about me. So yeah." That's when I tune out her conversation and start to text Ryland.

To Ryland:
Fuck, Ry. She has a date tomorrow.

Like a good brother he is, he replies immediately.

From Ryland:
Who, Laura?

But I guess he's not the smartest.

To Ryland:
Yes, Ryland. And it's with a guy who's
the exact opposite of me!!

From Ryland:
Explain how he's the exact opposite.

To Ryland:
Dark dark hair, blue eyes, 5'10, said he's more
her height, a fucking college professor for
literature, and he's 29, which she said is sexy
cause he's older. And I'm fucking younger, Ry.
Now what the hell am I suppose to do?!

"Ross, can I see your phone?" Laura asks. Nodding, I toss her my phone, but regret it the second she smiles at me and goes on it.

"Wait, I'm texting my brother." I say, but apparently I didn't say it loud enough because she didn't even look up from it. Please don't reply Ryland please don't reply.

"Hey, your brother texted you, Ross." Laura says. "Rocky to be exact. Oh, and Ryland." She adds. "Wait, who's this girl you're hung up on?" She asks, a smirk forming. Raini smirks at me too, but Calum bites his lip. I reach across Raini and Calum and snatch my phone back, seeing that Ryland put my issue in the group chat. God, and Rydel, Riker, and Ellington replied. Without saying a word, I begin to read through the messages.

From Ryland:
Alright guys, we need to help Ross out
with his girl issues. Maybe set him up with
a hottie?

From Rocky:
Wait, what's up with him and she who shall
not be named?

From Ryland:
Laura's got a date tomorrow with a college
professor who's 29 and apparently more
her style.

From Riker:
Aye, I say wait it out. Maybe the date will
suck and she'll come back to you, man.

From Ellington:
I say set him up. I've got a friend who would
love to go out with Ross.

From Rydel:
No, I agree with Riker. Wait it out, Ross. I
waited it out with Ellington and Kelly and
look where it got me.

To Squad🎤🎸🎹🎧:
I don't even want to date anybody right
now unless it's Laura. I like Rydel and
Riker's idea the best.

From Ryland:
Maybe it's best if he figures it out on his
own.

From Rocky:
Yeah, don't get in the dating game too early
if your hearts still set on Laura. Then you'll
start comparing everything to the way Laura
does or how Laura looks. It's not fun, trust me.

To Squad🎤🎸🎹🎧:
I did that with Courtney for the first couple
months of us dating and it wasn't fun like
at all.

From Rydel:
Yeah, wait it out little bro. Wait it out.

From Riker:
Since we're all here... Quick reminder that we
have rehearsals tomorrow. We play that music
festival next Saturday and we haven't
rehearsed in like forever.

From Rocky:
Mhmkay.

To Squad🎤🎸🎹🎧:
Okay, I'm gonna leave you all now, they're getting
suspicious on why I'm not talking anymore.

"Oh, Ross!" Laura says, a huge smile on her face. "My record label loves the idea of us doing a duet together, but only if it'll be on my album, so with my band and everything. But we'd have to keep it under wraps and stuff until further notice. Only because my label thinks it'll get me more publicity if we wait for some reason." She mumbles the last sentence and messes with the hair in her face.

"Uh, yeah. That's cool. We can work on a song a little before I leave next Thursday." She nods with a huge smile, while I just look back down at my phone.

• • •

"Why don't we take a small break." Riker says, chugging his water after the last word leaves his mouth. We've been in rehearsals for like an hour and we're all exhausted. We've made several set changes, causing us to go back and replay songs and shit. I set my guitar down and chug some water as well.

"Laura and I are gonna write a duet. Her label approved of it and I guess contacted Andre and shit." I say, staring at the ceiling as I lay on my back.

"Really?" Rydel asks.

"Yup." I reply, popping the p. "I've already gotten a melody and stuff for the chorus. And we're thinking up lyrics on our own until we meet up tomorrow at my place." I say.

"Could you play it a little?" Rocky asks. "Maybe I could help."

"Alright. But apparently it's for her album so you guys can't play, her band has to." I say, picking my guitar back up. I play some chords that I remember and hum a tune, hoping they'd kinda like the sound of it.

"Hmm, that's different." Ellington says. "I like it." He adds, high fiving me.

• • •

"Ross!" Laura shouts, shutting my door.

"Up here!" I shout back, sliding to the railing. Laura jogs up the steps and gives me a smile, immediately walking my keyboard and playing a melody. "Hey, I've got some lyrics down, I hope you don't mind." I say, the second she stops playing what we figured out two days ago. She nods as turn the keys towards me and change the sound of the piano before playing. "We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. Like we used to do. We don't laugh anymore. What was all of it for. Ohh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do..." I sing, closing my eyes.

"I like it. Where'd you think of that?" She asks.

"Well, I was talking with the guys yesterday and we kinda messed around with lyrics and what not. I've started writing the first verse. Sight read it while I play." I say, handing her some sheet music.

"I just heard you found the one, you been looking, You been looking for. I wish I would have known that wasn't me." She gives me a small smile before setting the sheet music down and grabbing the pencil. "Maybe something why I can't move on like the way they did. I don't know, maybe?" Laura suggests.

Within the next half hour, we had the first verse done, the chorus, and we have the second verse done but we both think it needs more lyrics. Our music playing is a bit off, were gonna have to fix it, but I'm the one who's mostly been playing keys and letting her sing. We've also kinda thought of who's singing what, but might make some changes.

"From the top?" She asks.

"One, two, three."

"We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. Like we used to do. We don't laugh anymore. What was all of it for. Ohh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do...." We both sing.

"I just heard you found the one, you been looking, You been looking for. I wish I would have known that wasn't me. Cause even after all this time I still wonder, Why I can't move on. Just the way you did so easily." She stops and eyes me, meaning she wants me to take it.

"Don't wanna know, Kinda dress you're wearing tonight. If he's holdin onto you so tight. The way I did before." I sing.

"I overdosed."

"Should've known your love was a game," I sang.

"Now I can't get you out of my brain." She sings. But now, we both sing the chorus.

"Oh, it's such a shame. That we don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore. Like we used to do. We don't laugh anymore. What was all of it for? Oh, we don't talk anymore. Like we used to do." We finish it off.

"Let's take a break. I know you're dying to tell me how your date went, Laura." I say, putting on my best fake smile.

"He was so amazing, Ross." She says, smiling like she was day dreaming. "He was a true gentlemen. He actually complemented me. And, and and, he even sang with me in the car, even a song of yours! He's sooooo perfect!" She gushes, looking at me. "I can't wait for you to meet him, Ross. He's awesome and I know you'll like him."

"That's what you said about Andrew." I mutter under my breath.

"What?" Laura asks, still not wiping the smile off her face.

"Sorry, I was mumbling a new line to the song but I don't think it'll work." I say quietly.

"Oh, okay!" She's so oblivious about my feelings.

• this chapter took place over the course of 3 days, so sorry if that was confusing in anyway! i promise promise promise these chapters (-and raura-) will come super super super super soon! just wait a few more chapters and i'll give you some. as always, vote, comment sweet things, and follow me! love you, babes💜

Okay, so I really need your guys' help for something. (Yes, this is for a possible new book).

So, I have two Laura outfits that I can't choose between because for one, the first option is what she actually wore the real event, but the second option is what I personally love!!!! Boombox came out March 11th, and the video came out April 3rd, the same day the Boombox Music Video came out. She had her extensions in for it, but I can't decide if I want her hair to be short.

How about I just show you...

This is from the 2016 iHeartRadio Music Awards, the event she'll be attending in the first chapter of my new book. I love this outfit, and her hair and all, but I just don't know if I want it to start off with her hair being like that. I loved her hair shorter, not saying I don't love it now because I do, but... I don't know!!!! I'll just show the second option...

See, her hair is short here, has no highlight tips in her hair, but I really really really love what she's wearing. Like, I'm literally in love with it. I guess I could imagine it long and even put it in the description but... I don't know...

PLEASE HELP A FRIEND OUT AND TELL ME WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BETTER!!!! BECAUSE I LOVE BOTH BUT I LOVE THE SECOND ONE A BIT MORE BUT THEN I FEEL WEIRD BECAUSE HER HAIRS SHORT AND GAHHHHHH HELP ME!!!!

(By the way, just wanted to say I love you and thank you for the support... now please tell me which outfit...).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 3.4K 38
Ross has been kidnapped. The fans are worried. They miss him a lot. R5 couldn't continue without him. Plus, the Lynches have been so sad and depresse...
60.2K 1.6K 43
I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS TWELVE OR THIRTEEN Laura Marie Marano, a simple yet misunderstood girl who lives in LA, goes to M...
1M 19.8K 73
.. c; after Ross saves Laura, they fall in love, but with people getting between them and problems going on.. Will they ever have a happy ending?
34.8K 1.7K 23
"You love me right?" She asked him. He smiled. "Who wouldn't?" He asked kissing her hand. She smiled pulling him in for a kiss. "Promise to not forge...