Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

Oleh GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... Lebih Banyak

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

9. Told you so

15.8K 509 53
Oleh GraceAndGlorious

Thank you for your lovely comments and votes!
This chapter is dedicated to @BTRMusic24! :)

                                                                          CHAPTER 9 : Told you so

"But why, Dad?" I asked while getting down from the staircase. My slipped down along the smooth railing as I hopped my way down to the ground floor, where dad was standing. It was a traditional school day that day with a very vacillating Ryan by my side. He had been acting so offbeat lately that my concern towards him was flourishing at an alarming rate. One moment, he would be right there by my side like a contagious disease and in the next second, he would be keeping his distance like I suddenly turned into a disease.

When I came home in the afternoon that day, dad told me that we had to go to a dinner. I got all jumpy initially but then I later learned that it wasn't going to take place at a restaurant, like I was hoping it to be, but at someone's house.

"It's important, princess. You need to socialize with your potential partners if you seek success." Dad answered. He went to the kitchen now where Marie was cooking something, like always. She was always cooking something. Our own Master Chef.

"Um. Not me." I paused. I pointed my finger toward me and then to Dad, saying "You. And my lovely father, did you just noticed that you are forcing me into doing something I have no interest in whatsoever, because I remember a great man once told me to only do what your heart craves for." I mocked, referring to his own words he passed on during his long speech he gave to us when Sage was having troubles while opting for her career options.

"You are starting to pay attention to my words now a days, Jady, and that too, a lot more than necessary." He chuckled. Ways to end a conversation, Dad.
"Do I have a stand against my father?" I chuckled, grabbing the water bottle from the refrigerator. 
"Okay then, get dressed quickly. Won't be nice to keep the Matthews waiting." As he spoke the words, I spitted the water that was in my mouth with surprise.
"Well, that was disgusting." he pointed at while I stood there with my clothes slightly wet by the impact.
"We're going to Ryan's house?" I asked, like there was only one family with Matthews as their last name. 

Dad narrowed his lids as his mind wandered around his thoughts when he finally said,"Yes, I guess that was the name of their son. But how do you know that?"
"He goes to the same school as me." 
"Well, that gives you another reason to accompany me there. At least you would be familiar with him there." he patted my shoulder and made his way to his room.

I turned to my heels when I heard him say from his room,"And Jade, tell your sister to get ready too." .

Coming face to face with Sage's door, I knocked on it and informed,"Hey Sage, we've to go to someone's house for dinner so get ready."

The door opened at that moment and she came out,"Well, you look better now."
"Yeah, got the meds at time so no need to worry." I announced. She nodded her head and asked,"Where are we going again?"
"To Ryan's house, his parents are dad's friends and colleagues." she arched her eyebrows at my statement, looking confused as hell, when she asked again,"Who's that?"
"He's a guy who goes to our school? Don't you know him? He's a senior as well." I stated with my eyes wide open. She didn't even remember him even after he was well known face around the school. That's my sister for you! She was too engaged in her won bubble to look outside it, which could be a good trait sometimes. Maybe it ran in our family, everyone was just so unobservant, including myself.

"Well, now that you know it, get inside and start getting dressed." I lightly pushed her inside and asked her what she was going to wear. We talked about it for a moment when she began to repeat my words, just for the sake of annoyance.

"Stop doing that." I exclaimed.
"Stop doing that." She mocked again.
"Why are you irritating me, Sage?"
"Why are you irritating me?" she repeated after me.
"I am an idiot." I said.
"That you are." She chuckled. I slapped her shoulder and pulled out my tongue at her, which made her laugh even louder.

A smart mouthed sister!

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked sarcastically. I was leaning on the door frame now while she picked a dress to wear.
"Very much."
"Laugh your ass later on because if we delay, dad would turn red like a tomato." I stated.
"Yeah, he is hell of a Drama Queen." We both laughed lightly.

"So get ready." I turned back when Sage said,"Meet you in ten minutes, Boozohead."
"Later, Freak."
_
_

We all were sitting inside the car and the chauffeur started the car.
Everything was so quiet, except my brain. A lot was going on there.

I was going to meet Ryan in his own house, I wondered how he would behave with me while his family being around.

We reached the his driveway, where a beautiful home welcomed us. It was purely white in colour. A large fountain was located in the front garden and the well maintained garden held it with grace. The house walls had been decorated with creepers on the outer sides. The path on the garden was made up of marble which was shining from the light of moon. Everything about that house was so mesmerizing and beautiful.

We entered in the house together. A large chandelier was hanging on the roof which was emitting a soothing amount of light. The main room had big white couches that appeared to be so maintained that I would never dare to sit on them and spoil them. 

"Hello, Will. We all were waiting for you." An unfamiliar voice called for my dad. The man in front of us was dressed in a proper three piece suit. His dark brown hair was set back neatly but there was something about him that urged me to keep a distance from him. I couldn't put my finger on what it was though. 

Both of the men shook their hands, and the man turned to me and Sage as he said, "These must be your daughters. They both are very beautiful. Nice to meet you girls. I'm Allen Matthews."

"Nice to meet you too, Sir. I am Jade."
"And I am Sage. Pleasure meeting you."

We stepped near the couches, while both of them were engaged in talking in a whispering tone  when a lady entered in, dressed in a pearly white dress with her blond hair settled on one side of her shoulder.
"Hello, Mr.Newly. How are you?" She asked my dad. Turned out she was Ryan's mother.
She then, just like her husband, turned to us and smiled,"Aw, aren't these two your lovely daughters? We're delighted to have you both here." She smiled. She pulled both of us into a delicate hug and we returned it back.

"Come, let's get some dinner."

We were sitting at the table when the plates and food were being settled up over the smooth yet hard wooden table.

"I apologize on the behalf of our daughter because she couldn't attend his dinner due to an argent work, but our son will join us." Lisa, Mrs.Matthews, said with a gentle smile over her peaceful face. I couldn't help but steal a little glimpse of her once in a while because she was so beautiful and looked so much younger than her age. But I could see the dubious look on her face, while the one on Allen's face was more of acrimony.

"Stephanie, please call him."

After around 15 minutes of waiting, Stephanie came back. There was no sign of Ryan with her entrance. By the time she came, Lisa asked me and Sage a few questions about ourselves.

Suddenly, the door opened. Ryan walked to the table, wearing a plaid shirt with his hair soaked, probably from the shower. Well, at least the little princess decided to come.

He scanned the room and when his eyes landed on me, an alluring smile took an entrance over his lips. He was probably expecting me to do the same when I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head at his coarse attitude of coming this late.
But to my surprise, he grinned at my response and took a valid seat next to me when his mother said,"Ryan, this is Mr. Will Newly and these are his beautiful daughters, Jade and Sage. You might be familiar with them."
"Hello, Sir. It's really nice meeting you. And sorry about the postponement of my arrival, I got engaged a very important work that needed attention." Ryan greeted. Dad greeted him in response and said that there wasn't anything to be sorry about..

His respectful and well-mannered behavior took a moment to settle back in my head.

"And hello beautiful ladies. I am Ryan."
There was a huge grin on his face. I raised my eyebrows again and he chuckled, grabbing his dad's attention.
"Behave, Ryan." Allen said roughly. Ryan breathed out, showing his frustration.

The dinner ended. During the delicious meal, all the parents were talking to each other and Ryan was torturing me with his questions and that grin of his.

We all sat now in the main room, everyone talking again.

"Hey, Ryan. Go talk to Sage." I ordered, pushing him toward her. Sage was standing near the window, looking outside.
"I know you want a reason to touch me but pushing isn't a good one, Orange."
"Two words, eleven letters; self-centered." I spoke in annoyance, which obviously, was a source of enjoyment for him.

"Ryan, engross with some conversation with both the girls. Make them feel home." Lisa spoke as she walked passed us and into the kitchen.
"With pleasure., Mom." Ryan replied.
"Aw, someone is a mommy's boy." I joked. He didn't even protest his mother once since we came here and I had seen this quality in a few males around me; disobeying their mothers to appear masculine. But Ryan was pretty obedient to his mother but when it came to his father, the story wasn't quite the same. I couldn't tell on what terms these two guys were but it wasn't good.

After an hour or so, Dad got up ready to leave. He greeted the Matthews and gestured for me to come along outside with Sage. 

Ryan's parents came outside to bid their goodbyes when Ryan came running to me.
"So, I talked to Sage." Ryan started, pointing his thumb at my sister. I titled my head in his direction as we walked towards my car and asked,"And?"
"Well, she's pretty fun to be around." his words brought a big smile over my lips. What could be better than this two getting along with each other.
"Told you so." I spoke proudly. I knew they were perfect for each other because both of them appeared to be all tenacious on the outside but were soft as snow from the inside and were passionate for everything they did.

*********

QUESTION TIME :
1) What do you think about the Matthews?
2) Any change in the way you see Sage?

ACTIVITY TIME :
Share your favorite teen fiction character on wattpad with the readers. Fill the air with your love for your favourote fictional characters.
Banner on the side by @INNOCENT9146 ------->
Special Mention to @aliyataj. She had been a very dedicated to the story! Thank you! :)

Hope you liked it! :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3K 58 9
This is my first fanfic so I'm sorry if I got a few things wrong and the characters aren't mine, you're the love interest
71.4K 3.1K 171
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
142K 2.2K 29
Harry looked her in the eyes and gulped. "You're pregnant." He said this time without hesitation. After he said that he was even more scared. The lo...
53.6K 2.4K 36
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.