Dark Roses #Wattys2019

By Emptyyourmind

(COMPLETED STORY) It's Rose Adam's senior year of highschool, and she just moved to a suburban town known as... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Acknowledgements
New book!

Chapter 31

11.9K 546 449
By Emptyyourmind

This day started off unexpectedly, dramatically.

My parents walked into my room this morning with words that I didn't want to hear, nor believed at first.

"Danny is missing."

I was absolutely speechless, and didn't know how this could possibly happen. At first when they walked into my room I thought they were here to apologize, but then I saw the look of fear across their faces.

Where could he have gone? What could have possibly happened to him?

My mind already jumped to what could have possibly happened, but I didn't want to believe it. Not when I believed everything was just starting to go okay.

The anger I had towards Danny soon turned into regret. You never know when you're going to see someone for the last time, so always forgive.

Wherever he's at, I just hope he's okay. I hope this is some misunderstanding and really he just went to a friends house, or on a drive.

Wait no, he couldn't have went on a drive.

His car is still parked in the driveway.

Right now I am currently at Danny's house, along with a few of his family members, my parents, and the cops. I stayed home from school today.

Danny's mom, Jess, was sitting on their couch crying, while Mark, Danny's father, was trying to comfort her. They were currently talking to the police to the best of their ability.

I looked down at my phone viewing the dozen of messages from Nina, Jackson, Tia, and Hanna.

Nina: what the fuck is going on?!

Tia: they took him

Jackson: who is "they"?!

Tia: Blaire and his demons who else!

Hanna: I've been told you guys from the start how crazy that bastard is! He's a killer!

Nina: This can't be happening, ROSE WHERE ARE YOU?!

I put my phone in my back pocket not wanting to respond. Eventually I felt it buzzing, it was probably Nina calling, but I refused to answer it and turned off my phone.

I was at lost for words, and felt sick to my stomach.

Anxiety is all that was in me at the moment.

They're so quick to assume that Blaire is the reason behind Danny's disappearance, but I did see Blaire last night walking into his house with a bat.

Although I'm assuming it's because he was just checking around his house for any unwanted guests, he could have been outside for anything, or coming back from anywhere.

We haven't heard from Danny all day yesterday, so that must mean that he went missing in the morning, right? Before everyone came to my house to go to chipotle, I saw Blaire. He was inside of his house and didn't seem suspicious, to me at least. His curtains were open, and through my window, I saw him reading a book.

A few police officers began to leave the room Danny's parents were sitting in. Jess seemed to have stop crying, but Mark and her were still holding each others hands and sitting.

My dad was currently looking outside of the window, while my mom was talking to Jess and a few other of Danny's family members. Because there was an open seat next to her, I walked towards them and sat down.

I felt the room go silent, and looked up to see a few of Danny's relatives who were also in the room staring at me.

I let out a slight nervous sigh.

"Are you and everyone else okay, Rose?" Danny's mom spoke with her teary red eyes. No one has heard from Danny, no one can trace any evidence of his whereabouts. The last time we all saw him was at the party, and he was drunk. Although Nina said she dropped him off at home into his parents arms, he still could have walked out of his house, maybe to continue to confront Blaire? I'm not sure what time Blaire left my house that night, so anything could have happened. I was also drunk that night, so I may be blanking out on a few details.

I just hate to think that Blaire is behind this. Every time I give him another chance, things go left, and he has to explain himself again and the "truth". I'm trying to make things better for him, for people to see him in a different light, but nothing is working.

Maybe I do give the wrong people the benefit of the doubt. Out of all of the arguments I've had over him, was I wrong? Was it even worth it?

"Yeah, we're all just...really worried and scared.." I spoke while rubbing my hands up and down my pants. I didn't realize I was doing it until I felt a tingling and burning sensation coming from them. I quickly pulled them away, and held them together.

"I just...don't understand what happened-" Jess began to choke up again.

I felt like crying as well. It's hard to watch a mother lose her child, although Danny isn't dead, I hope.

I've seen it too many times.

"Jess, it's okay, we're going to find Danny okay? We're going to bring him home." My mom spoke placing a hand on her shoulder. Jess shook her head.

"When Danny came home...we brought him up in his room, and got him ready for bed because of course he had to be stupid, drink underage, and get into a fight. I was so furious, and thought of every possible punishment there is. About 30 Minutes passed by of Danny being asleep, and Mark and I were in the kitchen, and we heard talking from the front of the house. We went to see what was going on, and Danny was just sitting there on the ground crying with the front door opened. We asked him what he was doing, he said.....'I need to kill him, before he hurts us..he said really observe someones evilness..he's going to kill us all mom'...and Mark and I looked around frightened...no one was there......"

Right then, everything froze.

I knew.

"W...what did he say?" I questioned softly still stunned.

"Really observe someone's evilness...why?"

I got up from my chair, and began to walk towards the front door.

"Rose." I heard my mom call, but I ignored it.

When I opened the front door walking past the police, I began to make my way towards Blaire's house.

I didn't want to believe it, I really didn't want to. But now, I know Blaire could possibly have something to do with this. Danny made Blaire and I upset at the party, so Blaire possibly acted out revenge.

I trusted Blaire, I've given him all of these chances, but turns out I was a stupid idiot all along.

As I arrived at Blaire's house, I rung the doorbell, and luckily, Blaire was there to answer it quickly.

He opened the door with a huge smile on his face. His piercing blue eyes were filled with happiness, with pride.

"Hello Rose," he said brightly staring at me.

I took a deep breath.

"Blaire, Danny is missing." I said shakily.

I saw his eyes loosen up a bit.

"Who's that?" He questioned curiously.

"-cut the bullshit Blaire." I snapped taking him by surprise. His eyebrows furrowed, but then placed back to normal.

Blaire laughed.

"Oh...Danny..." He chuckled looking at the ground, and then back at me.

I crossed my arms getting frustrated.

"Have you seen him recently? Did you watch him leave his house at anytime?" I questioned.

Blaire looked past me, and at Danny's house.

"No." He spoke looking back at me.

"Blaire, his mom said Danny was on the floor crying saying 'he said really observe everyone's evilness', what did you do?"

Blaire went silent for a moment, and ran his hand through his jet black hair.

"He was being an asshole to you, to me....us, what does it matter what happened to him? I'm glad he's gone."

"Blaire..I'm going to ask this only once, and you better answer me with the truth..what did you do to Danny?"

Silence again filled the air between us. 

"He deserves what he got-"

"-oh my gosh Blaire! Where is Danny, and what did you do to him!?-"

"-what did we do to him you mean!" Blaire shouted at me. I went silent.

"W..what..?" I spoke as my heart dropped. No, I couldn't have done anything.

"Yes, you heard me...'we"

We

Not just Blaire, but me too.

I felt my stomach churn.

"I didn't do anything!" I yelled taking a step back.

Blaire laughed.

"Remember....'I'll kill you danny! I will kill you!' At the party?-"

"I didn't mean it! And I didn't do anything!" I yelled.

"You sure about that Rose? You must not remember the screams, the blood..." Blaire continued to chuckle.

I shook my head, and began to turn around.

"We're done Blaire, you're fucking sick and I didn't do anything to Danny! If I find out any little evidence that shows that you did something to him, you'll be sorry and I'll turn you in."

I started to walk away towards my house. I didn't do anything to Danny, I know I didn't. I fell asleep on the couch that night...

But wokeup in my bed.

My parents weren't home to carry me to my bed, only Blaire was, and I was drunk. So fucking drunk and emotionally unstable.

Blaire could have taken advantage of me.

"Friends protect each other from evilness!" I heard Blaire shout from a distance. I ignored it, and continued to walk.

I didn't do anything, I didn't do anything, I didn't do anything.

I clenched my eyes shut trying to see if I could possibly remember anything.

Unfortunately, the image of Blaire shaking me awake on the floor outside popped in my head.

"Rose, we have to finish the job now!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 31 32
Enigma - A person, thing or a situation that is mysterious or difficult to understand. That is how Shaden entered the lives of the Ravenwood High's...
287K 16.3K 41
With a brutal, faceless killer walking freely on the streets of Freetown, everyone's instinct is to run and hide. Seventeen-year-old Cassidy Meyer's...
Just Breathe By Raye

Mystery / Thriller

9.8K 565 18
**Featured Story on Wattpad Fright & Mystery** How well do we really know the people we call our friends? For years Jaycee Thompson has been on the...
12.6K 1.5K 30
Five teens. Kidnapped. To live out their darkest fears. *** When five teenagers are abducted outside of the local ni...