Dark Roses #Wattys2019

By Emptyyourmind

(COMPLETED STORY) It's Rose Adam's senior year of highschool, and she just moved to a suburban town known as... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Acknowledgements
New book!

Chapter 29

12.9K 596 668
By Emptyyourmind

"Are you sure I'm able to come with?" Blaire spoke staring at me as I finished putting my mascara on.

"Yeah, I asked Nina, it's fine." I responded closing my mascara tube, and then observing how I look. I don't look "hot", but I look decent. It's not like I have to look good for anyone there, unless Eli is coming.

I turned around to look at Blaire. Being the good person I am, I fixed him up a bit. I helped style his hair for him, picked out his outfit, and choose which cologne he should wear. I placed him in a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, all pulled together by a big jean jacket. He looked like a normal teenaged boy, and I felt happy about it. Usually he dressed in baggy clothes, and carried himself around loosely.

However, tonight he looks stylish.

Tonight, he looks handsome.

"Isn't the saying, 'take a picture it'll last longer'?" Blaire laughed. I snapped out of my hypnosis and let out a small chuckle as well.

"I could say the same about you, but sorry.." I began to speak while blushing.

"-you just look good tonight, maybe someone will want to talk to you." I continued while walking to my dresser to put on my classic diamond stud earrings, however, I was having a few complications with putting it on.

Blaire smiled.

"Im not sure if it's a good idea that I go tonight though," Blaire said standing up, and walking towards me.

When he got to me, he grabbed the earring gently from my hand, and put it on perfectly.

How easily he put it on made me look stupid, and the act caught me off guard.

For a second we stood only a few centimeters away from each other, and the only sounds in the air were the melodies of us breathing.

I was nervous, but more relaxed than ever.

This moment, of just me and Blaire together, felt more normal than most.

He began to walk back to my bed, and sat on it.

"I already know something is going to happen, so what's the point." He continued on.

I feel like something is going to happen too, at the party, but I'm hoping nothing will. I'll make sure Blaire doesn't cause any trouble, but I don't know if anyone else will try to start it. This will be Blaire's first time really going to a party. Maybe if he starts to go around people more, he'll adjust to his surroundings, and other individuals will adjust to him as well.

"You took your medication right?" I asked while putting on black short boots.

Blaire shook his head yes.

"Then you should be all set for tonight, I should be with you the whole time, but if we separate and someone is being rude to you, shout my name."

Blaire laughed.

"Am I a little kid now?" He questioned.

I grabbed my car keys from off of my dresser, and looked at him.

"No, you're a target, and you can't control yourself when angry. If no one is trying be peaceful tonight, something could go bad."

As we drove to Nina's house, I couldn't help but feel anxious. I don't even know why I'm bringing Blaire, everything at the party is just probably going to be awkward.

I guess I'm just trying to prove a point that Blaire can hang around people, despite his psychotic moments. But, he took his medication today so he should be fine.

Right?

I knew I arrived at Nina's house when I saw tons of cars parked all around the block, and heard the beat of the music rumbling all through the ground and air.

When we finally found a park that wasn't too far away from her house, we got out and began to walk.

I took a deep breath trying to let the nervousness inside of me leave my system.

"Why are you so anxious about this, and I'm not?" Blaire spoke noticing my discomfort.

The sky was pitch black, and all you could hear were the sounds of the trees rustling from the light wind, and the music from Nina's house playing.

"I don't know, I just am." I responded looking down at the floor while continuing to walk.

When we got to her house, there were people outside socializing, but then completely stopped when they saw Blaire and I.

I looked forward ignoring those around me, and when I glanced over at Blaire, he had his head held high.

It was almost as if he enjoyed the effect he had on people. I was looking at a completely different Blaire, than what I saw on the day I first talked to him. He was getting bullied, and appeared helpless. Now, he seems confident, and in control.

I never saw those guys again, the ones that bullied Blaire, I wonder what happened to them.

People around us began to whisper, but we kept walking.

When we finally reached the front door, I opened it.

I don't know the exact number of people here, but I know that it's definitely over 200.

The music was playing at a moderate level, but it seemed as if everything stopped when we walked through the door.

All eyes again turned to us, and the whispers came about.

"I think we're famous." Blaire spoke lightly into my ear.

I looked around trying to see if I could see anyone I recognized, and before I knew it, Nina came pushing through the crowd.

"Rose! Blaire...hey guys...um..make yourself comfortable there are snacks in the kitchen, drinks, games in the basement, just dance in the living room, pool table in the sunroom, and much more...Danny and those guys are in the living room if you want to go meet up with them." Nina smiled awkwardly. She could totally sense the tension in the room.

Everyone continued on their conversations, but continued to glance at Blaire and I..mostly Blaire.

"thanks Nina." I said while still looking around, people were still staring. Nina noticed.

"YO!" She shouted out loud enough to grab attention from people.

"If ANYONE causes ANY complications, you get kicked out." She continued to say. People acknowledged what she said, but then again, seemed to not care.

Out of nowhere, there was a big crashing sound coming from the kitchen.

"THERE BETTER NOT BE ANYTHING BROKEN!! sorry Rose, I have to go check this out, but please you guys, make yourself comfortable."

With that, Nina sped walk to the kitchen to go check out what was going on. I looked at Blaire.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Im good with anything I guess."

I don't know how this happened, but I found Eli and ended up watching him play pool. He was versing against some guy, and there was a whole crowd of people cheering both Eli and the guy on. Jackson came along later bringing me a drink. At first I denied it because my parents told me that I should never accept a drink from anyone, but he told me it wasn't that bad. I knew that what was inside was alcohol, and to be honest it's my first time drinking, but I'm a teenager.

I have to live a little.

I tried to keep my balance as I laughed watching the guy Eli versed lose. Everything just seemed so funny. The way people looked, the way they laughed..

Where am I?

Oh, at Nina's house!

There's something or someone I'm missing though. I can't remember.

As I looked around trying to see if anything could jog my memory, I saw a blurry figure approach me. I squinted my eyes trying to see if I could recognize the individual.

"Did you like the game?" Eli spoke as he put one hand on the wall I was standing against, and the other on his waist.

It took me a few seconds to respond, but I eventually did it.

"Yes....yeah...it was sooo funny." I laughed which caused him to laugh.

"Rose you are drunk, do you have a designated driver for tonight?" He questioned. I shrugged while almost falling to the side. Eli put one hand out to balance me though.

"Easy there, well, did you come here with anyone?"

I did, I think. Who did I....

Blaire. Where the hell is he?

"Oh shit" I said starting to walk to go find Blaire. How did I lose him?!

"Wait Rose, what's wrong?!" Eli questioned.

"I have to go find Blaire! I don't know where he went!" I panicked.

Anything could be happening right now, he could be getting beat up, people could be harassing him, where did he go?!

"Okay just..hold on a second." Eli spoke grabbing me gently by the arm. I turned around and looked at him.

"You can look for Blaire, but let me help you. You can barely walk."

I looked into Eli's chocolate brown eyes. They were so beautiful. Everything about him was so beautiful.

I shook my head yes remembering Eli's request.

Instead of me walking with Eli to find Blaire, he sat me down on a couch and told me not to move. I guess that's the best thing to do considering the fact that I'm wobbling everywhere.

However, there's a couple next to me making out hardcore. Can't they take that to a bathroom, or outside? I may be drunk, but I'm not THAT drunk.

I got up from my seat stumbling a little bit, but then I was able to balance myself. It seemed like it was taking Eli years to find Blaire, so I guess I'll put in the effort and help as well, which is what I planned on doing.

I pushed through people as the music blasted in my ear. Some Drake song was playing, I have no idea which one because I do not listen to him.

"Watch where you're going!" I heard someone shout. I turned around meaning to say sorry, but I got dizzy and didn't speak at all. I turned back around feeling like I had to puke, but thankfully, I saw Blaire sitting down talking to two girls. My queasiness went away.

"Blaire." I spoke trying to make my way towards him. Everything appeared as if it was moving in slow motion.

Before I was able to reach Blaire, a figure suddenly appeared in front of me. Whoever it was, was talking to Blaire in a harsh tone.

"Why the fuck are you here!?" I heard the drunken voice yell.

I recognize that voice, it's..it's..

"Danny what are you doing?!" Nina spoke getting in front of him. I walked around them both stumbling towards Blaire, and stood in front of Blaire ready to defend him.

"What is he doing here!? That crazy bastard bitch needs to get the fuck out of here why would you let him come in the first place!" Drunken Danny continued to yell.

Everyone in the area went silent, the only sound that filled the room was the music playing.

"Danny please stop before I make you leave my house."

"-No! First you want to lie about me Blaire.....saying that I wrote those notes? You made me! You said it was for fun! You said you would tell her we were joking! But you killed her! You werent kidding about anything!you.....you!" Danny shouted at the end pointing at me.

"-You're just as crazy and stupid! How could you fall for his fucking lies? Huh?! 'Oh I feel bad' no the fuck you don't!"

"Danny leave Blaire alone! He didn't do anything!" I shouted back.

Danny took a step back.

"Yeah? Well he will. Have fun getting chopped into pieces by him and fucking raped, you'll deserve it."

Anger rose inside of me. I turned to a random stranger that was standing next to me, grabbed the drink they were holding from their hand, and threw it on Danny.

"Fuck you Danny!"

"-No gain some fucking common sense! But I forgot...mental illnesses do run in your family too right? I guess you both fit together perfectly, you'll try to figure out who else to kill, and then commit suicide right afterwards right?."

How did he find out about my sister?

Tears began to fill in my eyes.

"Guys, you all are going to have to go now!" Nina shouted.

I walked up to Danny, and punched him in the face to the best of my ability, and then continuously started hitting all around his chest and face until I was overwhelmed by tears, and held back by someone. I thought being drunk would have caused me to miss, but I for sure hit my target.

I started to scream out of anger.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" I shouted moving myself around and round, but the grip someone had on me was strong.

I looked up at Danny through my blurry eyes able to see blood gushing out of his nose, and him bent over clutching his

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU DANNY! IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I shouted as I started being dragged away out of the front door.

Everyone was shocked, not even whispers were being made.

I looked to the living room area able to see Eli there standing speechless.

I looked to where Danny was standing seeing Tia, Jackson, and Hanna comforting him.

I don't know where Nina went.

I closed my eyes realizing the side of Rose Adams I had just let out.

Blaire and I do have a few things in common.

When I was finally outside, whoever was holding me stood me up completely.

I started to tip over to the side, but a hand was placed to stop me from falling.

I looked up.

"Rose.." Blaire said softly.

I then broke down crying again. All of the emotions that I've held inside of me for years were pouring out carelessly.

Blaire pulled me into a hug.

My emotions were all over the place right now. My parents don't even talk about Bella, how did Danny know?

"I'll drive us home, it's okay."

When we finally arrived in our neighborhood. Blaire carried me inside, and laid me down on the couch.

Tears still fell down my cheeks. If I was sober I probably wouldn't be crying at all, but this is just a mess.

"It's okay Rose, it's okay." Blaire whispered while patting my back.

It isn't okay. Everything that happened in Nina's house wasn't okay.

I don't regret what I did to Danny, and I don't regret bringing Blaire to the party.

It was Danny who decided to mess everything up, everyone else was having a good time.

"I feel so alone right now." I cried. Although I've always had a decent amount of friends, I've always felt alone with everything that has happened to me. No one understands the pain my family went through with my sister.

No one understands what I went through, and what I go through.

No one.

A couple of minutes passed by, and I suddenly became tired. My eyes began to droop, and it was hard to keep them open.

I'm so thankful that my parents were out tonight. If they saw me like this, not only would I get screamed at, but grounded for months too.

It was almost as if half of me was awake, and half of me was asleep.

"It's okay Rose...I understand what it's like to feel alone." I think I heard Blaire say. The darkness that appeared whenever I closed my eyes was getting ready to consume me.

Before I completely went under, I heard Blaire whisper one last thing.

"We can stick together...and I'll keep you, forever and ever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

947 45 46
Hope Flynn used to love water. She never realized the power of water, or the strength of it until the accident. Now Hope knows just how dangerous wat...
786 28 33
April 1988, as things started to get better for everyone at Southwell High School, Blair Lawson, a new student with an easy way of making new friends...
Just Breathe By Raye

Mystery / Thriller

9.8K 565 18
**Featured Story on Wattpad Fright & Mystery** How well do we really know the people we call our friends? For years Jaycee Thompson has been on the...
295 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...