Dark Roses #Wattys2019

Bởi Emptyyourmind

(COMPLETED STORY) It's Rose Adam's senior year of highschool, and she just moved to a suburban town known as... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Acknowledgements
New book!

Chapter 24

13.2K 592 445
Bởi Emptyyourmind

"Stick to the plan." Danny spoke as he put the microphone earpiece in my ear.

Right now we were currently setting everything up in my room that we bought from 5 below, and also waiting for Blaire to leave his house. Incase something happens to our cheap earpieces, we created paper signs that said "go", "stop", and "hide".

I'm super nervous, but I know that this has to get done.

"We'll constantly keep you updated on what we see....okay?" Nina said as she tried putting on her earpiece as well. When Danny was finished putting on mine, he went over to Nina to help put hers on.

I stared at Blaire's house trying to see if he left yet, but I saw him walk past his dining room window downstairs.

My anxiety was starting to kick in.

"Rose...are you sure about this?" Nina questioned as she began to pull her hair into a bun when her ear piece was done getting put on. No, I'm not sure about this, but I'm sure that I have to find answers.

I shook my head yes.

"This has to get done, and I've been in his house before. I haven't explored every single room but..I know places that I could hide in." I spoke looking back at Blaire's house. I saw the front door beginning to open.

I looked at Danny and Nina. We all went silent for a couple of seconds.

We were all scared.

Scared not only because we could get into major trouble, but scared also because Blaire could be a killer.

What everyone says he is.

"He's leaving....I have to go now....incase something happens..come to his house and come get me. Okay?" I looked at them both. They both shook their heads. I could tell that they were worried just as much as I was.

We all looked at Blaire's house for the last time, and saw him finally leaving out of his front door walking away.

I turned around, and walked past Danny and Nina, however, someone grabbed my arm stopping me from going any further.

"What if you do find answers....then what?" Nina asked.

I have no clue.

"I'm not sure.......apart of me is hoping I don't find anything, but apart of me is."

I put my finger on my earpiece, and pressed down on it.

"Are these working?" I spoke. They both said yes.

I let out a deep breath, and began to finally walk out of my room. When I reached the front door downstairs, I opened it slowly and stared at the haunted looking house across the street. The cold air hit my face almost warning me to stay inside, but I had to go.

I gulped.

I began to take footsteps towards it after closing my door, looked left to right for any signs of Blaire, and then jogged over to his house once I knew the coast was clear.

When I arrived, I tried opening up his front door to see if he left it unlocked.

"Shit." I whispered to myself finding out that the door was indeed locked. I mean I knew that it would probably be locked, I was just hoping that it wouldn't be.

My expectations are a bit...stupid.

Be smart Rose, look around to try to see if you can find a key.

I automatically started looking under the matt outside of his house, nothing there.

I looked under the rocks around his house, between the bushes, and everything.

Nothing there either.

I turned around trying to see if Danny and Nina were still looking through my windows in my room to see if they could notice my struggle, and help me out. They of course were.

"You can't find a key?" Nina spoke into her microphone. I shook my head no.

Be clever Rose, where else could there be a key at? Maybe they might not even have a key.

"Try the backyard, sometimes we keep our spare key in our backyard." Danny said. Great idea.

"Thanks Danny." I smiled and gave a thumbs up. I started to jog to his backyard, and had to hop over their fence. I almost fell, but I regained my balance.

I began walking around, and searched under places to see if I could identify a key anywhere. Still nothing.

I scanned my eyes across their beautifully decorated backyard, someone really could have a wedding back here if they really wanted to.

Suddenly, I came across a greenhouse. That's where Blaire must get his flowers from, maybe there's a key in there.

I walked towards it as the snow crunched beneath my feet. When I got to it, I opened it slowly being exposed to a humid climate. I was currently wearing a huge sweatshirt and sweatpants, so I began to get hot.

"Rose did you find anything?" I heard Danny's voice say.

"Yes, well not yet. I'm looking in their greenhouse." I spoke as I started to walk around. I started looking under flower pots and between shelves, still nothing.

"Guys I can't find shit." I said dropping my hands to my sides in frustration.

Danny and Nina went silent, but then suddenly I heard someone let out a small gasp. Almost as if they came up with the most brilliant idea ever.

"Rose.." Nina began to speak.

"Are their roses in there?" She finished. I spun around slowly trying to see if I could identify some. Bingo.

"Yes, there are roses in here." I responded walking towards them. I already knew what her idea was.

As I looked under the section of roses, and around them..

I eventually came across a silver key.

"I got the key." I spoke while pressing down on my earpiece.

I heard someone speak into the microphone, but I kind of zoned out.

Why was the key underneath the roses?

"Rose you have to listen!" I heard someone say. I began to walk out of the greenhouse towards his backdoor.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm walking in right now."

As I reached his backdoor, I put the key in it making the door unlock. I slowly stepped inside.

"I'm in." I whispered. I know there's no one home, but still. If I spoke loudly it just wouldn't feel right.

This is the moment Rose, you'll either discover that this kid that you befriended is involved in the death of your ex, or he isn't at all.

"Okay, keep us updated."

I began to walk to the front of his house, and then slowly up the stairs to go towards his room.

Although his house was absolutely beautiful inside, it was so creepy to be alone in here.

When I finally reached his room, I opened the bedroom door. It was just as tidy and clean as before.

How could there possibly be any answers in here?

"Guys, I don't even know where to look." I spoke trying to scan the room. Maybe wherever his pills fell from, there will be some answers around there.

I started to walk towards his shelf, but it was completely clean.

"Try his closet." Nina spoke.

I walked over to there, and when I opened it, it was just as clean as the rest of the room.

How the hell am I supposed to find anything? Maybe this all just was one crazily insane coincidence.

"Guys I don't know what to do." I spoke into the microphone.

"Does he have a rug anywhere?" Danny questioned.

"Isn't that how they show it in the movies? There's always something underneath to rug."

I looked around his room, and spotted the rug that we sat on when I came over after school that one time.

I walked towards it, bent down, and lifted it up. There was a handle connected to the carpet underneath.

"I found something..." I spoke.

I stared at it realizing what could be underneath, and eventually brought my hand to lift it up.

Inside, was a big tan box. It looked a bit worn down, but it was still put together.

I used my strength to pick it up, it was a bit heavy.

When I officially pulled it out, I placed it next to me and gulped.

I reached towards it, and slowly pulled the top of the box off of it.

My body went numb.

Right infront of me was an old plane ticket to Chicago, Illinois, a few days before Andrew died.

I pulled the ticket out and stared at it closely just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, but they indeed weren't.

I placed the ticket to the side of me, and continued to search through the box. There was a plane ticket also coming back here from Chicago, Illinois, a couple of days after Andrew's death.

My heart began to beat fast, and I felt my breaths getting heavier. While looking through the box, I came across a lot of notes to Allison.

I opened one up and read what was inside.

I love you to death, please speak to me. You're my heart, you're my soul, you're my life. I need you-

I opened another one.

Fucking speak to me! I won't leave you alone, you're mine, and only I can have you. I miss the touch of your hair, the touch of your skin-

I opened another one.

You're going to regret this. A lost life is soon overdue now-

I felt myself beginning to get sick. I threw the few notes I opened of hundreds that were in the box to the side, and tried to catch my breath.

Oh my gosh.

They're acronyms.

A Lost Life Is Soon Overdue now.

Allison.

Really Observe Someone's Evilness.

Rose.

It spells fucking Rose!

I went back in the box and came across an envelope.

I picked it up and opened it.

Inside was a patch of chopped off brown hair with a note attached to it.

Allison's hair.

I dropped the envelope back inside of the box, along with the notes I pulled out.

I made sure to keep the plane tickets out so I could bring them back to my house. Other than that, I packed everything back into the box and placed everything back to how it was, including the rug.

I have to get out of here.

I began to get up with tears beginning to form in my eyes, and grabbed the plane tickets so I made sure I wouldn't forget them.

"Guys Blaire was there..he was there the week Andrew got murdered." I spoke beginning to cry.

As I exited his room, and eventually reached the top of the stairs, I looked out of the front window of the house, and saw Danny and Nina yelling while holding up a side.

"What.." I said quietly to myself while squinting my eyes trying to read the sign. Did the earpieces stop working for them?

When I finally realized what the sign said, opera music blasted loud from the speakers downstairs.

Hide.

Ave Maria began to play.

Blaire must have came from the backdoor.

I looked down the top of the stairs seeing Blaire beginning to make his way towards the stairs.

I quickly turned around, and made my way towards his room, and to his closet.

You're stupid Rose you're stupid! He's probably going to come in here!

Before I could run out of here to go somewhere else, Blaire walked into the room.

Luckily since the music was so loud, he couldn't hear me shut the closet door, nor hear my heavy breathing.

"Aveeee Marrriiaaaa," Blaire began to sing along to the music.

A tear suddenly then fell out of my eye.

I put my hand around my mouth to stop me from making any noises.

I have never been this scared before in my life.

Blaire walked over to his dresser and began to to pull out underwear and bed clothes from his top drawer. Maybe he was going to take a shower...I hope he was going to take a shower.

When he suddenly got done grabbing everything he needed, he then turned around and looked at himself in his mirror.

"Miss Rose Adams, may I have this dance?" He spoke holding out his hand to , I figured, an imaginary me.

"Of course Blaire, I would do anything for you." He continued to speak, but this time in a girly voice.

Blaire then smiled, and then pretended to dance as if his hand was on someone's waist, and his hand was holding someone else's hand in the air.

I watched him while being horrified, as he continued to sing along to the lyrics.

He eventually stopped dancing, and let out a laugh, and began to walk out of his room.

I let a small cry escape from my mouth, and I wiped the tears away coming out of my eyes.

When I heard the shower water start to run, that's when I knew I had to run.

I slowly opened up his closet door, and began to creep out of his room.

I looked to the left to see if he was in the bathroom that's located in the hallway.

He was, and the door was closed.

I started to make my way down the stairs, continuing to look back to make sure Blaire wasn't somehow behind me.

As I reached the bottom, I held on tightly to the plane tickets I discovered in the box in Blaire's room, and then made a run for it.

I ran towards the front door as the music blasted in my ears. Once I opened it, I quickly closed it behind me, and then ran towards my house.

It felt as if I couldn't breathe, I could feel the tears running down my cheeks turn to ice, and my hands begin to shake.

As I was almost to my door, I saw Danny and Nina quickly open it, their faces read fear.

I continued to take long strides towards my house, and when I reached there, I collapsed into Nina and Danny's arms.

I tried catching my breath as the tears continued to fall, but I couldn't.

"Rose what happened in there?!" Danny questioned.

I held up the two tickets in my hand as I continued to cry.

"He.......he was there......" I spoke taking deep breaths in between.

All of this information does not only prove that he most likely killed Andrew, but that he killed Allison too.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

151 31 13
Sora and her friends decide to spend the weekend after graduation at a distant cabin in what seems to be the most peaceful woods ever imaginable. The...
64 14 11
Two different places and timelines. Aaron Moore, once a 16-year-old boy looking forward to seeing his family get ahead, now is a disoriented grown-up...
12.5K 1.5K 30
Five teens. Kidnapped. To live out their darkest fears. *** When five teenagers are abducted outside of the local ni...
713 28 33
April 1988, as things started to get better for everyone at Southwell High School, Blair Lawson, a new student with an easy way of making new friends...