The Mafia Wife

By Your_amazyn

Naina's life was absolutely perfect. There was not single thing she would change about it. When an unlikely... More

The Mafia Wife
Welcome
Chapter Two

Chapter One

180K 4.1K 637
By Your_amazyn

Hey guys please don't forget to vote comment and share.
•••

" The sea looked calm. Like the winds of heavens where casted down upon earth, bringing peace and happiness. The sounds of waves crashing against the shores echoed loudly like a lullaby as the cries of sea gulls echoed throughout the deserted beach.
Each corner resided with silence yet an eternal prosperity and happiness was casted down. The turquoise and blue water created a magical colour against the golden sand as the warm summer breeze floated by. Never was their a breeze like the one now, as if it was a mixture of happiness, love and warmth spreading throughout, reassuring one and all.

Everywhere you looked, each corner smiled with happiness whilst the sun bestowed it's glorious light. Never was there such beauty and freedom on earth as it was that day; for today a beautiful princess, beloved by all was to be wed with her knight in shinning armour."

Spoke the soft voice, like a sweet lullaby to the ears making my large hazel eyes shoot open. The mixture of hazel and emerald remaining spellbinding, against the bright light.

Thick black lashes swept ashore on the smooth milky skin, furiously trying to comprehend the words spoken. The smile filling my features, now long gone.

Disappointment washing over me. My once laying figure on the horrific leather chair now sat up straight. Not moving my gaze. A strong stench of chemicals whiffed through my nose making bile rise up, at the back of my throat. I could feel a few eyes land on on me making me hide the annoyed look on my face. Inwardly counting backwards.

If it wasn't for the frequent snacks, I could have swore an oath that death was waiting outside, for another minute with Hana and Co, would ruin me eternally.

I could sense the curiousity of the people around me, as I stood up stubbornly but in my case; there was no greater punishment than to sit on the same old leather chair, for three hours straight whilst you have four people work on your hair, your nails, your makeup and wait why was Hana reading me a story?

I thought curiously as the women behind me gasped slightly, one of the them clinging on to my long auburn hair, midway of straightening it.

The loud sounds that were means of relaxation now seemed like torture to my ears, as I pulled my hand stubbornly from the tight grip, staring ahead at the tall woman in front of me.

" Hana I'm so tired of listening to your Three hours of oriental relaxing music and.. please stop spraying that on my face" I gasped out, now glaring at the beautiful Asian woman holding hair spray in her hand; the brown of her eyes widening at my sudden outburst.

I knew, it sounded crazy; especially with my outburst but I couldn't bring myself to sit there for another minute whilst; Hana decided to become a wise old woman and announce stories of fair and peaceful times on a beach.

" I'm so tired. I don't want to listen to beach stories about happiness, princesses and annoying knight in shinning armour" I breathed out defeated, now staring at my cousin who looked as though no greater crime on human kind could be, committed than the one I did now.

" Naina Abdullah Khan What are you saying? It is your wedding tomorrow". Hana gasped out in horror, her long elegant fingers reaching towards her Rosy red lips, not believing the words being said.

I could see Hana move from her sitting position on the vanity table; her shock still, plastered on her face whilst she walked towards me, the maroon long dress trailing behind her softly. Her ruby red earnings moved slightly against her movements as the see through scarf she had on her neck, came trailing down slightly.

Always a drama queen.

" Darling you need this I mean you needed a make-over more than anything... If it wasn't for me you'll still be in bed watching stupid shows on your laptop" she proclaimed her long hands cupping my cheeks.

As if she was scolding a little child.

I could see the utter shock on Hana face who moved around me, swiftly staring at our reflection in the mirror. It wasn't a doubt that between the two, Hana was a sight for sore eyes.

With her large brown eyes and raven black hair, she stood out proudly amongst the crowds and not to mention the dark eye shadow make-up she had on, with the maroon dress, anyone would be entranced with her; whereas me.

Well I felt slightly bland.

My long auburn hair seemed to go on forever making my white skin look slightly pale. My Hazel eyes had dark bags underneath from the lack of sleep, making my face look thinner. Almost unrecognisable.

Sighing softly, I felt Hana squeeze my shoulders reassuringly, smiling softly at me through the mirror.

" Babes you'll be okay, I know you're nervous but It'll be alright... Now take a deep breath princess because the crowd awaits you" she whispered softly making me chuckle. There goes Hana with her poetry and English literature- ladies and gentleman.

" Besides I heard Saif was asking for you" she spoke grinning, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. Making my face heat up furiously. Loud chuckles erupted throughout the room worsening the situation, as I sat down on the chair, my eyes landing on my hands. Avoiding everyone's gaze.

As much as I tried; the nervousness that crept inside of me was digging up a deep void, making it harder for me to breath.

I was getting married tomorrow. Like tomorrow. In twenty Hours and three minutes time I'll will be getting married to Saifullah Khan.

Holy shi-

The sudden thought had my face paling. I didn't imagine my wedding to be like this. I didn't imagine getting married to Saif. I thought that one day I'd fall in love with a handsome caring man and get married to him.

I didn't imagine getting married to a spoilt rich boy that annoyed me, like no tomorrow. It wasn't as though this marriage was forced but it wasn't exactly love; more like an arrangement.

Saif wasn't older than me by many years, rather just three Years making him Twenty-Two. He wasn't that bad looking either. With light brown hair and grey eyes and strong jawline to kıll for; he had many falling for him and to top that he carried a strong charming attitude around him, making him the official charmer but in my books a great nuisance.

Yeah I was getting married to that nuisance. I thought sadly looking up at the mirror.

My once pale skin now looked bright and healthy, as the light silver eye makeup with a hint of gold made the, hazel colour of my eyes stand out more. My lips were now a shade of light pink matching the daring blush on my cheeks.

Scanning the mirror a long yellow skirt decorated with beautiful beads and sequences shined brightly against the lights; my eyes slowly scanning the long top reaching my thighs, before looking upwards.

The long hours spent in creating flower crowns, flower earrings and headpiece did justice as my, eyes scanned the flower headpiece on my forehead making, my large eyes stand out more.

Hesitation filled me as the door to the large room opened; and in came a beautiful woman wearing yellow long dress. Her long brown hair was braided neatly to the side with flowers on them matching my very own hairstyle.

A soft gasp could be heard making me glance upwards, staring at the intruder. " Elena I told you to send me the other pictures and not these ones" Hana muttered annoyed, walking towards a confused Elena who stood there like a statue, holding a doughnut in her hands.

Where did she even get a doughnut?

" Jeez Louise take a chill pill. I left my phone in the car I'll send it you besides I just came to say they're asking when you guys are coming out 'cause you know its nearly Seven".

She spoke finishing the last pieces to her doughnut as she licked her fingers making Hana cringe in disgust. Gosh Hana was such a drama queen. I thought finding myself walk towards the door, peeking slightly through the large balcony and towards the hall.

I could feel my eyes widen in amazement as I stared at the house, I grew up in. The once soft cream coloured walls were now decorated with baby blue fabrics mixed with light gold and silver, creating a mesmerising piece of art.

Along the fabrics were long thin wires flickering white and blue that gave one an impression of a waterfall with water flowing down the walls. The arms of the stairs were decorated with white flowers all around them as the large chandelier, in the centre of the hall shined brightly with some candles placed near it.

A classic Pashtun song Bibi Shireeni echoed loudly throughout the hall bringing an atmosphere of joy and excitement. Bibi Shireeni was a well known song by both the Pashtun and none Pashtun people. The term Bibi was another word for a lady and Shireeni being a woman's name.

It was quite a fascinating song about a women's beauty and her comparison to a yellow flower or something along those lines. I thought trying my best to hear the lyrics of the song through the large crowd outside.

A sudden stinging pain spread though my head making me look up at the source seeing Hana glare at me with her large eyes. " Naina we are going in a minute. I don't need you playing Peek-A-Boo now come stand up"

She muttered whilst ushering Elena out of the room to get her phone. Taking a deep breath I stood up, straightening my posture before glancing at Hana. I could see the love reflecting in her eyes making me thank Allah for having her in my life.

Having four brothers and no sisters sometimes meant I hardly got time to spend with a female company aside from my mum and it got quite boring until, Hana graced us with her presence and decided to shift to Qatar for my wedding. I could still imagine her yelling the first time I told her about the wedding.

She was worried for me. I was flattered at her worry for me and thanked her but it turned out her worry was because she thought, my makeup would get ruined due to the intense heat in Qatar. I can still imagine the look on my dad's face as he laughed loudly at Hana, shaking his head.

" Why couldn't your wedding be in Canada or better yet in Pakistan, why in Qatar?" She had muttered making my Abba chuckle and stare at her before saying it's even more warmer in Pakistan, especially in the summer. Hana ofcourse being a stubborn cookie stuck to her part of the argument and consistently applied, sun cream even though our house was filled with fans and AC and she hardly went out.

Like I say she is a stubborn woman.

" Okay girls you are free to go I'll send you the pay check and listen, you kiddo tell Aunty Waliyah that Hana said we're coming down" Hana spoke like a boss staring at the Twelve year old girl who rolled her eyes and did as she was told.

I could see the beauticians getting all their stuff packed up making me smile at them.

" It would be really nice if you could stay" I spoke to one of the girls called Taniya who replied to the
gesture before shaking her head.

" Thank you ma'am but we have another appointment and some of us are swapping over" she said holding her black bag in her hand as I nodded understanding her situation.

I could see Hana walk towards the pretty Asian woman before saying to come extra early tomorrow, because it was the wedding day and there will be many people.

I had no doubt that there will be many people. When the wedding announcement was made I heard Abba saying there would be around Five hundred people at the wedding making me choke on my smoothie. Five hundred people.

Who even gets time to make friends with five hundred people but then Abba explained that many family members were from Kuwait, Pakistan, Canada, UK and Australia, were coming and not to mention family friends that were invited from both sides, but none the less I still stayed gobsmacked.

Five hundred people. What if I fell on stage or better yet what if I vomited from anxiety. There would be five hundred people seeing that. I mentally thought, shuddering slightly trying to push the horrific image at the back of my mind.

The large door opened and in walked a beautiful petite woman with large green eyes as she looked around, her eyes landing on me. Her once auburn hair had now streaks of grey and white as she wore her white silvery veil loosely on her head. Her jewellery showing slightly.

I could see her large eyes well up with tears as she walked towards me cupping my cheeks.

" Naina my baby" she whispered as she looked at me, her eyes scanning my face as though it would be the last time she'd ever look at me.

I could feel my vision getting blurry as I heard Hana clap her hands and speak loudly. " Mami stop crying please, and no, Naina you stop as well, you're ruining your makeup".

Hana spoke as Ammi chuckled slightly wiping her tears away. I could see her give me a reassuring smile as she sniffled slightly before " Ready to go?" She whispered as I nodded hearing a ' Whoo Hooray' from Hana.

***

The event had started and was in full swing. I could feel my eyes scan around the filled hall.

Feeling my heart beat wildly. In fear? In excitement? I knew not as the lights dimmed down slightly and the music came down. A new song was now playing loudly on the speakers as my ears perked up slightly.

It was a beautiful classic Song that I heard my eldest brother Arman play a lot of the times. I could feel my heart warm up at the thought of my brother wondering where he was.

Tonight was the night before the wedding day. It was called the Mehndi night. Mehndi being another word for Henna which was a plant that was made in to liquid and applied on the hands. As guessed the Mehndi night was when the Henna was applied on the hands of the brides, and guests, followed by some rituals.

In my case I had no idea what would happened as everyone's rituals are different but as Hana and Mum had explained.

The grooms family would come, Mainly being the women who would bring the wedding dress filled with all the jewellery and some henna cones. Then they would unfold the plate and apply a little bit of Mehndi on my hands. I didn't really know the reason behind it but all I knew was, that it was something that was done a lot at weddings I had been to.

Being a Pathan myb wedding would be slightly different to others because of the, rituals but other than that it was quite similar like many other weddings for example the loud music that was on the speakers and the checks of money being thrown as women danced.

In the mehndi night no man was allowed as all the women would gather up and enjoy themselves. When I had explained to Elena what happened at the Mehndi night.

Elena had bluntly said ' It's a hens night basically' making everyone gasp but no it wasn't like hens night. I had watched a few movies to know what a hens night is and I was sure as hell that no, Channing Tatum was going to show up.

Sudden loud voices had me snapping out of my daydream as I looked up seeing women walk inside the large hall of the house holding platters in their hands filled with some Mehndi cones. A lit candle and some money.

I could feel everyone around me get excited as the music was lowered down and so was the lights. Women walked inside the hall forming a large circle. Smiling and laughing at each other in happiness. I could see my aunts and mum walk towards me, followed by Hana and some other cousins as the grooms side started clapping and slowly turning around in the circles with the platters in their hands.

I could see everyone else clapping and encouraging them as they threw some money on them, making some of the children pick it up. Glancing upwards I could see Hana's Mum, who was Dad's sister walk towards the grooms cousins and turn a few notes of money around her, before throwing it in the air.

Loud drumming echoed throughout the hall as a tall built up woman walked inside with large drums playing. Shock filled my features, seeing everyone around me dance.

I could hardly hear anything as Elena looked at me in excitement and in fear not knowing what was happening. I could see the women playing drums get louder and louder as everyone claps echoed furiously through the halls, like a loud roar. My eyes slowly landed on me soon to be Mother-in-law, smiling softly at me.

Farah Khan was a tall woman with Large Brown eyes and long brown hair that reached down than her backside. I remembered the many times as a child, brushing Aunt Farah's hair and braiding it.

Farah was a soft gentle woman with a beautiful smile plastered on her lips. In a way I was glad that aunt Farah was going to be my Mother-In Law. I thought as aunt Farah reached towards me smiling softly.

" Are you ready?" She whispered in my ear making me nod, surprised I could even hear her through the loud noise. In the background I could see Hana's sister Raheela dance as everyone clapped and danced along.

The music seemed to die down as everyone's eyes focused on me. I could feel my heart beat up slightly as Farah made her way around me and take the loose veil off before reaching towards my long plate.

Feeling soft hands slowly unfold my plate, everyone cheered before I felt a brush through my hair. It was a custom that when they unfolded the plate that they would do another plate and so it happened as my soon to be Mother In Law did another plate earning loud cheering and clapping.

The entire was filled with rituals as all smiled and laughed, living in the moment. Completely unaware of the upcoming disaster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 21.2K 43
When Aarohi Singh loses everything in her life, metaphorically and literally, she finds herself turning to nowhere but her bestfriends house for shel...
128K 4.5K 41
The two childhood sweethearts get separated.... The guy promised the girl that he will marry her and will save her from her dark life.... But sudden...
172K 7.5K 24
• HIGHEST RANK #1 in Islamic• (COMPLETED ON FEBRUARY 14, 2019 WITH 14K READS!) That is the real Aaban Waheed, the man she fell in love with. Yet, one...
44.5K 967 52
This story is purely made from my Imagination. A Mafia Romance By Dylanobriensmami ---------------------- 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 I was sen...