Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 13

569 71 3
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 13

I check Facebook for the tenth time to be sure I actually blocked Adam from my Facebook. When I thought about him. I definitely can't stand him trying to come back to my life again. I felt relieved that I also deleted his number too.

I still wonder why on earth did I forget to delete Adam's number. But anyhow I'm glad I did.

I sigh and just look outside my windscreen of my car to see if Hayley should be coming out of her house now but she isn't.

After school today, Hayley decided we should go out and do something fun and I found that interesting but I tried to hesitate because I had a lot of homework to finish up. But one way or the other, Hayley found a way to twist my head to say yes.

I took out my Paper Towns by John Green to read for the moment before Hayley comes out.

I got to the tenth page from where I was today and paused to look up and still see she isn't out.

After what i call forever, Hayley finally shows up. I sigh in relief when I see her approaching my car.

"What took you so long?" I asked the moment she hopped into the car.

"I am sorry. I had a little argument with my mum."

"She's home?"

"Nope. Talked to her over the phone."

I nod my head and drove off.

The first ten minutes of the car was silent as Hayley just uses her phone the whole time while I drive and listen to the songs playing on the radio.

"So why did you choose the AMF bowling alley?" I break the silence.

"Mm?" Her attention was still on her phone as she was trying to also listen to what I just said.

"I said why did you choose the AMF bowling alley? Of all places to go."

She looks at me and blink. "What's wrong with it?"

"I am just asking."

She smiles at me and puts her hand on my hair. "Don't worry it's going to be fun."

She removes her hand from my hair and continue texting.

Silence fell again.

I really couldn't stand the silence. So I had to bring more questions up.

"Uhm Hayley?" I look at her.

"Mhmm?" She says as she looks at her phone.

"Why did you have an argument with your mum?"

I knew this was not my business but I trying to bring something up.

She looks at me. "Why do you care?"

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at the road. Is there something wrong with Hayley today?

"Sorry don't worry about my question."

She grins and starts laughing. "Just playing with you. Why so serious."

I just gave her a small smile to her statement as my attention was on the road. It didn't sound like a joke to me.

"Well it has to do with going to see Luke during Christmas."

"She's not okay with it?"

"Not at all. But I am still going to go either ways."

I laughed. Stubborn Hayley.

"So you've not talked to Adam since the time he called you about two weeks ago?" She asked.

"I didn't even answer the call." I snort. "I told you I have moved on."

She grins. "I'm proud of you but that was quite fast anyway."

"I can't kill myself you know."

She nods her head in an understanding manner.

We finally got to our destination and it was quite full because it's Friday evening.

I was a bit scared because i don't like crowds. The worst part about the crowd is that everyone will stare at you like you're some kind of alien.

"Ready to go?" Hayley asked the moment I parked the car.

I look at her and nod my head slowly.

"Don't be scared." She chuckles. "Nobody cares about how you look."

Yeah right. Nobody cares because I'm not beautiful enough and I look like a deserted calf.

"Let's go." I said under my breathe.

We got to the reception desk area of the bowling alley and we had to wait on a long cue.

Before I got to the front door of this place, I was already getting a lot of stares from people but I didn't let that bother me and up till now I still keep getting stared at.

Some guys around are just staring at Hayley, probably admiring her. This makes me quite jealous and.... insecure.

As we got closer to the line, someone comes behind Hayley to cover her eyes. The moment I turned, I wasn't planning to stay alive tonight.

It was Jenna.

Hayley chuckles the moment she removes Jenna's hands and turns to give her a hug.

"Wow I can't believe you guys have been on this long line." I heard Dawn's voice coming from behind as Lola walks behind her.

Dawn was a tall brunette, super skinny and could be a model. She puts on eyeliner like every time and she is so much like Jenna unless that Jenna is the bossy one.

Lola on the other hand is blonde and skinny too and has one of the best curves around. You could think she is the leader of the pack between her, Jenna, Dawn and Hayley but she's nothing close to the leader although she's always trying to find her way to get people's attention.

I stood there frozen as I see all the four of them beside me.

Did Hayley invite them over?

I hope not because I swear I am going to kill her.

Jenna turns to look at me. "Hey Naomi."

I give her a small smile without trying to look at her for up to 10 seconds.

"Aww she seems shy." Lola said.

I also gave her the same small smile I gave to Jenna.

I really dunno how I am going to breathe around these girls for the next two hours.

Suddenly the girls started having their distinct conversations and that was the moment I quickly took out my phone to send a message to Hayley.

'Did you invite them?' I write on IMessage.

As Hayley was listening to Jenna talk she sees her phone screen light up and looks at it. She looks at me before turning back to her phone.

'We already planned the evening like this lol'

'Why didn't you tell me??' I groaned as I write it.

'Just wanted you to hang out with my friends at least for once. Isn't it good?'

'Nooo it's not at all.'

'Come on don't be a side kick =D
I'm sure you'll have fun
They'll love you.'

I groan as I read the last sentence. That will never happen.

"Hayley are you listening to me?" Jenna asked as she noticed Hayley using her phone.

"Yeah I am." She smiles at Jenna as Jenna took that as answer for her to continue talking.

Hayley turned to look at me while listening to Jenna and smile but I wasn't smiling back because I knew I didn't like this idea of fun at all.

After about an hour of playing bowling, everyone was exhausted. I got the highest score between the five of us.

I wasn't too surprised because it's something I enjoyed doing when I was younger plus Jenna and her crew are too 'fabulous' to be playing sports. It wasn't so bad to hang out with them afterwards.

"Who's hungry?" Dawn asked.

"Me!" Everyone yelled.

We all stood up and went to the restaurant in the bowling alley and sat on a table of five.

After about twenty minutes we were all downing into our food. As we were eating, the girls kept talking about people in school. I've never heard of some of the people they mentioned, on the other hand I knew some.

"James was a really sick dude. He was cute but he was the weirdest football player Ashton High has ever had. So glad he has graduated." Lola says.

"Remember when you dated him." Dawn gave her the playful eyebrows.

Jenna chuckles as Lola rolls her eyes.

James was a senior last year who was part of the school's football team. He was one of the sexiest brunettes around but he was a bit too clumsy and loud.

I just sit down and listen to most of the things I've never heard before.

"The worst part is that he had to dump you for Grace." Dawn rolls her eyes.

I look up when I hear my best friend's name. Grace? Like my Grace Grace? She never dated anyone neither does she have a crush on any guy in school. So where is this coming from?

"The guy was desperate. What was up with him and the sophomore girls then." Jenna adds. "Worst of all Grace. I don't see what he saw in her."

I furrow my eyebrows at Jenna for the last sentence but nobody seems to notice. Do this people realize they're talking about my best friend in front of me.

"With those her weird looking maxi denim skirt that she wears most of the time." Lola snorts and everyone joins in to laugh expect for me.

"I know right! Grace just has the most horrible outfit! She wears that long skirt like everyday which makes me want to throw up. I am like are we in the 60s?" Dawn adds which makes them laugh more.

I only frown at them.

Bitches.

"Is it a problem that we are talking about your friend?" Dawn snorts as she noticed my expression which makes the other girls to notice it too.

I just shrug practically trying to ignore her stupid gesture.

"But you can always tell her to change her nasty closet." Jenna adds.

Everyone turns to look at her.

"What? I am just stating facts." She snorts

"Don't be petty." Hayley elbows her playfully.

I just stare at them with detest.

What am I still doing with these bitches? I need to leave before they say more nasty stuffs about my best friend.

They're making fun of my best friend's dressing and I still have the nerve to sit there.

I just try to hold back my anger and be patient with these bunch of whores before I say something terrible.

I stare at Hayley who was still having a great chat up with the other girls. She didn't even seem bothered about how I felt now, after she compelled me to come and join this stupid bowling.

I look at the rest and they don't seem bothered about me either. So all I came here to do is be an extra idiot to these girls?

I felt more anger rush through me when I just kept rethinking the reason why I was invited.

Did Hayley actually bring me here to be her designated driver for the hang out today?

Did she just bring me here so that they'll mock my best friend infront of me?

Or was she scared to be alone with her stupid self before the girls came over?

I just stare at my half eaten food. I feel tired and frustrated at the same time.

I thought Hayley was a nice person. Why was she so different today?

I kept imagining what I would have done if I just stayed at home to finish all my homework. I would have been the happiest girl alive.

I feel really stupid for being here today.

Naomi always remember you're not worth it to anybody so stop wasting your time here.

I look up to stare at Hayley. She's too good for me so who am I kidding to say she's my friend?

I close my eyes and sigh then I carry my bag and stand up to leave.

Th girls turn to me but I didn't care and I start walking away quickly.

"Naomi!" Hayley calls out but I didn't even bother answering her.

I quickly gave back the bowling shoe and jacket and take my shoes and rush my way out before anyone of the girls try to catch up with me.

I am just so upset with myself tonight. I am tired of falling into the hands of the wrong people.

Why on earth am I cursed.

Coming to think of it, my bestfriend is also another reason why I am a bit upset.

Why didn't she tell me her and James ever had a thing?

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 13

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
2.6M 74.8K 87
Bailey Willow's been through things that no seventeen year old should go through. But she doesn't care as long as when she turns eighteen, she gets t...
207K 15.5K 82
Featured in YARomance's 'Love-Hate' reading list as of 01/24/2022 Featured in TeenFiction's 'Funny Bones' reading list as of 09/23/2021 Featured in W...
73K 3.8K 41
When a laid back and rudely gorgeous city girl comes for her farmer's market crown, Sabina's dream of joining the family honey business is threatened...