The Makeover

By Spg041

Ugly. That's what she was. And then a year later, she's stunningly beautiful. Beautiful is an understatement... More

The Makeover
Planning
Oh gosh
What NOT to Wear
Stupid Quiz
Hair and Makeup
Workout
Dieting
The comebacks
Use the force
Seductiveness
Partayy
I don't have a chapter name
First Day
Getting Nowhere
Sneakin Out
New Guy
Brusters and B*tches
A date with James
Baby pictures? I don't think so mother.
Accepted Amber? NO
SUPRISE!
Birthday
Hiking?
The great outdoors
Strolling
Descisions, Descisions
My lovey:)
Harsh Relations
Tryouts
The Truth Comes Out
Macaroni like yeah
Confrontation
And the lightbulb goes off...
NoT so predictable after all
Reaction
Call the Cops!
You Only Live Once
Lake
Lake Part 2
NEW UPDATE COOL CATS
L-O-V-E
The name caller
Milkshakes
Stolen Away
Trapped
Eye openings
Morals
help me
The End
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Spin-Off Teaser
Not So Innocent
New story
A/N (Read if you want idk haha)

How interesting...

220K 2.8K 825
By Spg041

"Does the mall work?" I get a text from Amber.

"Fine." I reply, curtly sort of mad. Amber better have a good reason for dragging me out to the mall. I've had enough of that place for a lifetime, and her. I shudder at the thought of seeing her overly made up face in a matter of minutes.

"Meet you in front of Abercrombie in 10." She texts me and I snap my phone shut not responding to this one. I decide to steal my neighbor’s ripstick and I skate to the mall. The neighbor to the left of me I mean, not James. I'm sure the boy, Tommy won't mind. He knows it's me.

When I arrive at the mall, I hide the ripstick in a bush and make sure nobody is watching me. I take the elevator to the upstairs floor to Abercrombie. Ever since I heard about a kid getting his foot decapitated from an escalator, I’d rather not ride one unless it is absolutely necessary.

I am a bit early considering I live really close to the mall, and I drum my fingers against the wall and I am leaning on it as a wait for Amber.

I continually check my watch. She's a bit late and I finally see her slowly approaching me. She's wearing a Maxi skirt and a large sweatshirt with flats. The skirt is cute but paired with the sweatshirt it just overwhelms Amber’s figure. It looks like something I used to wear. Amber never wears things like this. It's always super high heels (not 27 inch Lady Gaga heels but still very high), tight shorts, and low cut tank-top no matter what the weather. She's just your average slut.

"Hi." She says softly as she approaches me and I see the lack of makeup on her face. Her eyes are red and puffy and she keeps sniffling like she's been crying recently.

I frown and absorb her farther.

"Do you want to go inside?" I ask motioning to Abercrombie.

"I’m not planning on purchasing anything, but sure."

"Then why did you want to come to the mall?" I ask as we walk inside to face a large poster of an Abercrombie model. Shirtless boys are hawt. Majorly hawt.

"I was craving a cinnamon pretzel." She says with a small smile.

"I’m surprised." I say truthfully.

"What?" She asks confused.

"I didn't think you ate anything other than salad or sometimes nothing at all."

Instead of getting mad like expected, she just chuckles softly. She takes a ponytail off of her wrist and puts her messy, not straightened hair in a bun.

It is silent as we go through a rack of clothing. Looking at the price tags, I realize I should make my way to the sale and clearance section. Abercrombie can be expensive!

"It is a nice weather today, huh?" Amber attempts to start a conversation.

"There are ugly blue and black clouds blocking the sun and it's threatening to rain; just gorgeous." She sighs at my sarcasm.

"Just get to the point." I say abruptly eyeing some skirts.

She hands me the last small navy blue flowered skirt and I nod in approval. This skirt is mid thigh length and ruffled. Not too revealing.

"I’m sorry for lashing out at you the other day." She admits looking down as I make my way to the changing room.

"It’s okay. You've done worse."

"I’m sorry about that too." She says continuing to stare at the floor. She actually looks ashamed of her past actions but I can't trust this girl.

"Tyler says you were having a tough time the other day?" I ask stepping into an empty changing room, as she waits outside the door.

"Um...yeah."

"Are you going to tell me about it?” I ask as I pull on the skirt. There is a snapping like sound as the elastic adjusts to my waist.

"Ok. Here goes nothing." She says as I pause midway of changing back into my cuffed denim shorts, awaiting her answer.

She mumbles something.

"Speak up.”

I hear more mumbling but I still can't hear her, so I poke my head out, and she hesitantly cups her hands around my ear.

"I’m pregnant." She whispers and I gasp.

I know. I really shouldn't be surprised. She's a slut. She sleeps around all the time, but it's just sad.

"Oh." I manage to spit out.

"Umhmm." she nods.

"Who’s the baby’s daddy?" I ask her.

"Tyler."

"You’re keeping the baby?"

"I’m Catholic. I believe abortion is wrong. I already ignored God’s will once and it won’t happen again.”

"I see..." I said. This was awkward.

"I quit cheerleading." She said suddenly.

"Oh. I guess you'll have to find a new hobby."

"I guess! I don't know."

"Who else knows about the...thing."

"It’s a baby not a thing."

"Same difference." I say and she gives me a look. Must be them pregnancy hormones I hear about.

"Not really. But anyways in answer to your question, you and Tyler."

"That’s it?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah."

"What about all your other friends?"

"Friends? Are you kidding me? They just hang with me to be considered popular." She says sighing discontentedly at her lack of true friends.

"I’ll be your friend." I say quickly. After the words leave my mouth, I want to smack myself. Why did I just suggest that?

"Really? You would? Ty is right! You are amazing!" Amber says and hugs me practically squeezing the life out of me.

"Okay. You can let go now." I say wheezing. I may not like cheerleading one but it sure does build arm muscle.

"I’m sorry for bullying you before. I'm going to reinvent myself. I promise. I'll be new and nice. I’ll be nice to everyone!" Amber says with a big goofy smile. I hope she follows through with this plan. I think her mouth is going to break.

"Good for you!" I say as we make our way to the cashier.

"Ooh. Eye-candy alert." She says eyeing the male worker up and down and elbowing me playfully.

"I call dibs."

"But I saw him first!" She complains while whisper shouting as he looks at us and we move up in line a bit.

"You have Tyler, and his kid." I said reminding the girl.

"Fine," she says pouting, "but with your makeover you can get any boy you want."

"Not true."

"You know it is." Amber says making me blush, "Aha!" She says in satisfaction.

"Hello-" I start to say as we get to the register with the hottie.

"How may I help you?" A girl asks and she looks like a stick with a hot pink dress and beach blonde hair. She’s shooting me daggers. I think she's jealous. Maybe he has good taste.

She’s pure plastic. Maybe he prefers the more natural looking ones. Barbie snaps her fingers in front of my face annoyed, her cheery and overly happy facade gone.

"Sorry." I say and I can't help but think how much of a better place this world would be without people like her.

"Alaina, stop being so rude." Says the brunette male next to her giving me an apologetic smile. A smile that could met hearts. I could just stare it all day. I think this boy's an angel.

"Excuse me." Says Alaina harshly and stomps off angrily leaving the handsome boy to finish helping me check out my clothing item.

"Sorry about her." He says.

"Don’t mention it." I say taking my bag continuing to stare at his beautiful face not looking away once. He was just so mesmerizing.

"Here’s her number." Amber says giving him a sheet of paper with my cell.

"Amber!" I scold as we leave the store.

"Chill’ax. He gladly accepted your digits." And I have no response to this, since she is right.

"Look, I don't need any more guys in my life. I just thought he was good looking."

"Oh please. There's never such a thing as too many guys."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 19.7K 40
It's hard enough to go through high school for four years, but as a freshmen all Quinn wanted to do was fit in. But being the darkest girl in school...
674K 17.1K 46
"And what if I don't Parker?" He asked, Smirking. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "I can easily go and tell my dad about-" I was instantly...
89.2K 2.8K 33
[COMPLETED] This is the story of Alexandra. Alex is a teenager who wants to live a happy, unbothered life and is afraid to get attached to anyone in...
322K 12K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...