Bad Boys Don't Cry

By _Faith-o_

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the... More

-Bad Boys Don't Cry-
Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?
Chapter Two: I Barely Know You And You're Giving Me A Ride?
Chapter Three: I Trust You, Bailey
Chapter Four: Cootie Friends
Chapter Five: Family Is Important
Chapter Six: Why?
Chapter Seven: The Waiting Game
Chapter Eight: Beach Day?
Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.
Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses
Chapter Eleven: I Have A Thing Of Not Leaving Broken People Behind
Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Kill Me
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Max?
Chapter Fifteen: You Smell Good
Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying
Chapter Eighteen: My Teddy Bear Is Talking, Bennett!
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Go On An Adventure
Chatper Twenty: Dylan.
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Malfoy.
Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place
Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type
Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead
Chapter Twenty Seven: What's With Your Hair?
Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up
Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.
Chapter Thirty: What The Hell Is That, Grayson?
Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired
Chapter Thirty Two: Everything's Going to Be A-Okay, Winters
Chapter Thirty Three: Did You Know I Want To Die, My Little Bean?
Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend
Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...
Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week
Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely
Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring
Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?
Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now
Chapter Forty One: Bang.
Chapter Forty Two: That Should've Been Me.
Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?
Chapter Forty Four: Everything Will Be Different
Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!
Chapter Forty Six: Because I Don't Want To Say Goodbye Yet.
e p i l o g u e
Q & A With Author
An Author's Note Three Years Later...

Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?

29K 1K 407
By _Faith-o_

Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"What exactly happened to you and Grayson?" Bennett asked, as he helped me take out the cookies from the oven.

"Why ask that?" I asked, not wanting to answer the question.

It's been about two weeks since we've talked to or heard from Grayson. He's been at school but has been avoiding us. Parker and Bennett are the ones who've been keeping me company, and comforting me when I cry.

The two, of course, don't know about what had happened, but that doesn't stop them from persisting to continue to get it out of me. It was the Thursday and, I realized Parker and Bennett's attempts to get it out of me will increase due to the vacation we have from school.

"Can we guess?" Parker asked.

"Eh.." I shrugged. Honestly, I couldn't care less.

"We'll take that as a yes." Parker said, looking at Bennett like he was crazy.

I turned to Bennett to see him, caressing his invisible beard, "So it has to do with Grayson-"

"-and it was at night." Parker continued.

"You're not going to get it." I sighed, getting the frosting we bought for the cookies.

We were currently making holiday cookies then we realized it was only November, but who cares? It's never too early for Christmas.

"So you're in denial that we'd get the answer." Parker observed, eating the left over cookie dough that was on the bowl.

"Correct." I said, but then it occurred to me they had so much time, "Wait..."

"Hm..." Bennett said, continuing to caress his 'beard,' "It's either he said he hated you and never wanted to see you again, but that wouldn't make sense unless..."

Parker's eyes lit up as if the cookie dough gave his brain juice to think, or salmonella, "Oh my god. He didn't." Parker squealed, looking at me.

"What? Parker what?" Bennett asked, wanting to know exactly what Parker was thinking.

"Our Grayson's growing up, Bennett!" Parker said, sighing dreamily into the distance.

It took a moment for Bennett to catch Parker's drift, "No..." Bennett said, staring at me then Parker, "No!" Bennett squealed.

Both boys squealed fangirling, "Like... O-M-G, Brianna!" Parker said, impersonating a girl that had just saw her favorite band member -cough- Calum -cough, cough- Hood.

"I-K-R, Pansy." Bennett said, fanning himself.

They looked at each other then yelled, "I ship! Baison for the win!"

"Oh my god." I said, dying of laughter.

"So it is true?"

"Is it true that you two are secretly preteens trapped in two young adults bodies? Because if so I wouldn't be surprised after what had just happened." I giggled as I made a smiley face on my circle cookie.

"So it is true Grayson kissed you?"

"Wait so you guys are actually teenage girls trapped in a young adult male body?" We all stared at each other, confused.

"We're not girls in men's bodies and Grayson did kiss you." Parker said.

I didn't reply and continued to make a heart on my cookie, "So it is true." Bennett insisted.

"Maybe it is." I muttered.

"So let me guess, Grayson made out with you and chickened out later?"

"Yeah." I sighed, confused and disappointed it happened.

"He's just embarrassed," Bennett shrugged, "He knows that if he comes back we'll tease him at the fact he actually told you he likes you and kissed you." Bennett said, turning to Parker, "Oh and you owe me money Lynn."

"Damn. I thought you'd forget." Parker said, before giving Bennett fifty dollars.

"You guys bet on us?"

"Yeah. Don't tell Grayson. He told us not to do that anymore."

"You did it before?!"

"Anyway," Bennett said, ignoring my question, "talk to him tomorrow. We'll come with you."

I contemplated on going. I knew Grayson wouldn't listen because I knew he didn't want to face me. Facing me would be something I'd fear of I were him. Not because I'm intimidating, it's because he made a girl confused and I know he doesn't want to answer questions.

It's worth a shot. I sighed, "Okay."

I knew it was going to be awkward. I just knew it was going to be.

*

The last day Thanksgiving Break is today and the day I'm going to talk to Grayson.

Bennett and Parker were by my side as we searched the halls, "Maybe he's not here today?" I suggested.

"He's got to be..." He said, stretching out the last word, "Turn around and keep walking." Bennett said, his voice changing when he cut off his sentence.

"What?" I asked, looking at him.

"Turn around. Parker, help." Bennett nodded, towards the hall in front of us.

I followed his gaze then my jaw seemed to fall to the floor. Grayson and some slut were eating each other's faces off. It wasn't long until Grayson caught my eye, when he froze in his place. He broke the kiss before walking towards me leaving the slut confused and glaring at me, "Bailey I-"

My smile caught him by surprise, but I knew he could tell I was hurting, "Why should I even try with you?" I asked, giving him a dry laugh.

He shook his head, "Bailey, please." He pleaded, stepping closer to me, making me move back.

"Why should I even try with guys like you?" I asked again, "Why do I even try with you when I know it's not going to work? Why should I try when you're too busy with other girls?"

"Come on Grayson!" The slut said, "We can finish what we started." She was pulling on his arm, making me look at him in disgust.

Grayson shook her off him, not breaking eye contact with me. By now, the on-goers were staring at what was unfolding, "Beautiful, don't cry." He begged, stepping away, ignoring the sluts remarks and comments.

I touched my, now, tearstained face and, turned around, "I think I'm going home. I-I need to finish homework." I stammered.

"Bailey, wait!" He begged, taking huge steps towards us, but the guys stepped in front of me to prevent him from coming any closer.

"Shut up, Gray." I said just enough for us to hear. He twitched at the sound of his father's middle name.

"Parker, you talk to Grayson. Bailey, I'm bringing you home." Bennett ordered, before following me out and hugging me from the side, "I'm sorry, Bailey." Bennett whispered.

I gave him a small smile, "It's not your fault that I fell for the bad boy."

•.•.Grayson's POV.•.•
"Parker, stop. Let me go!" I yelled, as the crowd began to grow.

Where the hell are the teachers?

I was watching Bailey leaving me, and it was torturous, "No, I'm not. Grayson, leave the girl alone." Parker hissed, pushing me away from the front doors.

"Parker, you don't understand. I-"

"You what? Accidentally made out with a girl in the hallway? You slipped and your lips crashed on that slut's lips? Tell me what the fuck you mean." He growled.

I haven't seen Parker like this in a while, and it hurt me that I was the one to cause it. I stayed silent. I couldn't say it. I've never admitted my fears to Parker and I don't think I want to, "Parker, just please. Let me get to her. I need to explain." I begged, "I don't want to hurt you to get to her."

"Grayson! Don't you get it?" He asked, exasperates, "You've confused her. She's fragile, Grayson."

"And how do you know that?" I asked, squinting at him with Parker glaring at me in return.

"I know her best friend personally. He's told me enough to make me believe I've known her my whole life. I probably know more about her than you do. I've never been so mad at you, Grayson. You don't know when to stop, dammit." He spat.

"I may not know when to stop, but I do know what's important to me and right now I need to get to her, whether you like it or not." I said, pushing past him.

"I'm sorry, Gray." Parker muttered, before punching me in the face.

I felt blood flowing down nose. I stared daggers into Parker's head, "You shouldn't have done that Lynn." I growled, before pouncing on him and aiming my fist to his face.

I had more experience than him in combat. Bennett and I would take private lesson's in eighth grade and haven't stopped until now. Parker, however, I don't think he has any lesson's in this.

I was pummeling him with my fist until I was caught off guard by one of his fist inching towards my face. He hit me with all his might and I recoiled backwards, giving him a chance to stand up.

"Grayson, I don't want to hurt you, so I suggest you just continue your merry way with that slut over there that you probably don't know her name." He said, pointing to Stephany? Becky? I don't know.

"I need to talk to Bailey." I breathed.

"I'm not going to let you. Just leave her alone. Forget about her for awhile just like you forgot about your mom."

That was it. I'm not taking his bull anymore, "How does Bailey look like again, Parker? I need a bit of a refresher of how she looks."

Parker seemed shocked by that. His fist clenched and his knuckles were turning white, "What color was she wearing today? I kinda forgot."

"I.. Don't know." He said through his gritted teeth.

"Of course you don't, because you happen to be a stupid child that happen to have-"

"Shut up!" He yelled, punching me, causing blood to fill my mouth, "Damn it, Gray. Just shut up. This isn't you. Stop acting like your father. Just leave her alone for awhile, it's for the best." I watched him as he walked away.

Once he was out of sight, I kicked the nearby locker, earning scared looks from my peers. The slut must've walked away because she was no longer in sight. I continued to assault the wall, punching it until I could no longer feel the pain. The crowd was already dispersed by the time I turned to face them.

They knew better to stay.

Blood was flowing out of my skin. I made my way out of the school, not wanting to go through my classes as my thoughts took over me,

Maybe Parker's right. Maybe I'm like my father...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
53.9K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...