I Won't Lose You (Natsu x Rea...

By GirlGoneTwisted

When the fates of two Dragon Slayers intertwine, can you really call it destiny? Natsu Dragneel- the Fire Dra... More

Chapter 1: The Fire of Hatred
Chapter 2: I'm Coming
Chapter 3: The Explanation
Chapter 4: Re-Welcome to the Family!!
Chapter 5: Apartment Sweet Apartment
Chapter 6: The Duo Request
Chapter 7: The Split Stones
Chapter 8: Connected?
Chapter 9: Natsu Can Read?!
Chapter 10: Do I know You?
Chapter 11: It's Not A Date!!
Chapter 12: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 13: Courtesy Call
Chapter 14: Kidnapped
Chapter 15: Getting Her Back
Chapter 16: Remember Me
Chapter 17: Glimpses Into The Past
Chapter 18: Competition Beginning
Chapter 20: Last Acts
Chapter 21: The Beginning of a Spa Day
Chapter 22: Time To Relax
Chapter 23: House of Memories
Chapter 24: The Blood's On Your Hands
Chapter 25: Left in the Dark
Chapter 26: Love and War
Chapter 27: A Moment's End
//FINAL Author's Note// - Forgive Me?
Chapter 28: Start a Fire
Finale: Dying Flame

Chapter 19: A Heartfelt Medley

3.4K 101 57
By GirlGoneTwisted

~Your POV~

After everyone went home from the Guild to get some rest for tomorrow, I lay on the couch of Lucy's living room, unable to sleep because of my thoughts on tomorrow.

After about 15 minutes of laying there, I finally drifted into unconsciousness, giving my mind and body the needed sleep.

~~Time Skip Till Next Morning~~

I woke up groggily to the smell of pancakes, bacon and eggs. I sat up and walked into the kitchen to see (E/n) making Breakfast.

"So, I heard about your entry in the contest with Natsu..!" She grinned.

"Yeah? Who told you?" I replayed with a question.

"Lucy. And you're obviously nervous, you answer questions with questions when you're nervous," she pointed out.

"Wow, you sure do know how to ruin the moment don't yah? And yeah, I'm a little nervous," I placed my head in my hands as my elbows rested on the tabletop.

"It's a gift," she smiled as she flew over and placed a plate of Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs in front of me.

I just laughed a dug in. And surprisingly, it was delicious! I took a few more bites but then stopped because of realization.

"Where's Lucy and Zuki?" I asked, mouth stuffed with Pancakes and Syrup.

"Oh, they already left. They woke up about 25 minutes ago, ate, and then left for the Guild," (E/n) explained as she started cleaning up the kitchen.

I nodded and finished up my food. I washed my plate off and tossed it into the Dish Washer. I walked into the living room to grab my hairbrush that Lucy lent me and brushed through the knots in my hair.

Once that was done, I slipped on my shoes, and basically dragged (E/n) out the door. After we finished our jog/flight to the Guild, we opened the doors and walked in.

We were greeted by many of our Guildmates, we smiled and waved at them as we walked by. But my main goal was to find Natsu.

I finally found him at one of the tables talking to Happy while eating multiple pieces of Toast. I laughed and approached the two adorable knuckleheads.

"Hey guys!" I waved as I sat down in a chair across from Natsu.

"Hey (Y/n)! You ready for the contest?" Natsu asked, smile still painted on his face.

"Sure am! You haven't forgotten any of the lyrics have you?" I teased.

"I was just gonna ask the same thing..!" He replied with a confident grin.

"Well I beat yah to it! Now come on! We gotta sign up!" I grinned, grabbing Natsu's arm and pulling him towards the Sign-Up Sheet on the Request Board.

I signed my name and then Natsu signed his next to mine. We gave each other a smile and went back to our table.

We talked for a few minutes between the four of us, until Mira walked up on stage, microphone in hand.

"Alright everyone! Are you ready for some fun?!" She yelled.

The whole Guild yelled "Yeah!!"

"Then let's get this competition started!" She smiled, pulling out a hat. "Okay, here's how it goes... I'll pull a name or names out of the hat written on a piece of paper, then they chosen singer/duet will perform. The judges will decide the winner. And the judges are--!" She pointed at a table to her left.

And sitting on that table were Happy, Carla, Pantherlily and (E/n). {Correct me if I'm wrong, is that how you spell Lily's name?}

That explains why Happy and (E/n) disappeared from the conversation so early. We all looked back towards Mira with smiles and curiosity of who was going first.

"I will now choose the singer/duet!" She stuck her hand into the hat and pulled out a folded piece of paper.

She unfolded the parchment and read the name aloud. "Gajeel and Levy!" She shouted.

Levy cheered and dragged Gajeel on stage as he grieved about going first. Levy took the microphone from Mira as Gajeel grabbed a separate mic.

"Alright everyone! Gajeel and I will be singing the song "What Have You Done?". It's more of a Love, Hate song, but I hope you enjoy!" Levy explained. Then Mira played the Music Score and they started.

G: What have you done now?

•••

G: I know I'd better stop trying. You know that there's no denying, I won't show mercy
G+L: on you now!

G+L: I know I should stop believing, I know that there's no retrieving. It's over now...

L: What have you done?

•••

G: What have you done now?

G+L: I... I've been waiting for someone like you. But now you are slipping away...

G: What have you done now?

G+L: Why?... Why does Fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us. Between me and L: you!

G: What have you done? (x4) What have you done now? What have you done? (x4) What have you done now?

G+L: Would you mind if I killed you? Would you mind if I tried to cause you hell? Cause you turned into my worst enemy. You carry hate that I don't feel. It's over now... What have you down?

G: What have you done now?

G+L: I... I've been waiting for someone like you! But now you are slipping away...

G: What have you done now?

G+L: Why?... Why does Fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us. Between me and
L: you!

G: What have you done? (x4) What have you done now? What have you done? (x4) What have you done now?

G+L: I... Will not fall! Won't, let it go! We, will be free... When it ends..! I... I've been waiting for someone like you! But now you are slipping away...

G: What have you done now?

G+L: Why?... Why does Fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us. Between me and you! I've been waiting for someone like you! But now you are slipping away...

G: What have you done now?

G+L: Why?... Why does Fate make us suffer? There's a curse between us. Between me and you!

~~~~~~~~~~

The whole Guild started clapping and cheering for the two of them. I was the odd-ball who was basically screaming, "That's my bestie!!" While waving my hands in the air.

Everyone settled down as Levy and Gajeel left the stage, also setting down their microphones.

Mira walked back up on stage and picked out the next names. "The next duet is... Natsu and (Y/n)!" She yelled, waving us on stage.

We walked up there, smiles on our faces. I picked up the mic Levy had previously used. "Hey everyone! Natsu and I will be singing a Duet Medley of 2-3 songs combined! Enjoy!" I smiled as we both readied.

Mira played the music, and we started to sing.
*The Song Up Top Is Yours*

•••

You: A rainbow is never formed by chance, the blossoming colors always dance, in a whirlwind of a thousand hues!

N: Under that brilliant Crimson sky! I was falling so hard... And I knew that my world was you!

You: It's not a moment that you can capture in film, but even so I'll never let it disappear..!

You+N: You are a song and every last note's carved into my heart! This is our rainbow colored symphony! Every day a symphony! A beautiful sound that I've never known, a melody that no one can play alone..! Crying, Laughing from Hello! DO-RE-MI-FA-SOL! All of our emotions form this symphony!

N: I breathe a sigh and watch the sky as it collects this little hopeless puff of air!

You: There are a thousand cherry blossom petals twirling to a silent song up there!

You+N: I spin around and around and around and then spin right around!

You: I'm waiting patiently for spring but I don't know if I can bear it without you around!

N: Don't you know you have a little magic in you? It wipes away the monochrome hue, and fills this world with color when you laugh beside me..!

You: Hey, let's go and make the most of today! Our time is precious, they say..!

You+N: And I wanna spend it all with you..!

•••

You+N: You were the one -- You were always the one! You were the light of my life! When you're with me, we can take on the night, shining like stars in the sky..! Don't hide away -- Never hold back your tears, you're trying so hard to be strong! Only for you I'll gather the stars, 'cause with you is where they belong..!

•••

You: After the storm had passed, I looked up to the sky..! That brilliant blue, a bittersweet goodbye... I remember how we laughed...! It always makes me smile..!

N: In a single beat, both our paths began to meet!

You+N: So I'll take a vow, here and now as we're shining bright! Among a million stars, a single love is born..! A burning light, to last the test of time..! When the winter turns to spring and today into the next..! It's a symphony of each and every dream...

•••

N: We were walking side by side, just a single step away...

You+N: I wish I could recall what had made us laugh at all, how I miss the magic of those ordinary days..! Even now, it's all so clear, and your voice is the music I hear..! You are still the orange of the sunset in my dreams..!

•••

You+N: I just really with that you were here..! 'Cause inside my dreams it's not enough! To hear your voice once more, that's all I'm asking for..! We'll pick up our duet, 'cause it can't be finished yet...

N: I just really wish that you were here to compose another memory! I promise when I find I'm missing you, I'll play...

You+N: Our symphony..!

~~~~~~~~~~

We finished, gave each other a smiling glance, and then looked back at the crowd of our friends.

They clapped and cheered for our performance, we set the microphones down and exited off the stage.

We went to sit down at our original table, we both just laughed and complimented on who was better.

I heard giggles behind me, I turned around to see Lucy, Erza, Levy, Mira, Cana and Juvia staring at me. They all winked at me, my face flushed into a deep red as I did the hand signal for 'no!'

~Natsu's POV~

I heard laughing behind me, so I turned around to see Gray, Gajeel, Elfman, Jet and Droy giving me thumbs up and laughing.

My face instantly turned a bright red as I made hand signals that meant 'no!'. When they didn't stop after that, I held up my fist with flames surrounding my hand with a threatening look.

After that, they all backed down and dashed off. Singing on stage with (Y/n) was awkward enough...

I turned back and met the gaze of the (h/c) girl. We both awkwardly smiled and rubbed the back of our heads sheepishly.

We both laughed, and as soon as we knew it, Mira was already up on stage and pulling out a name from the hat.

"Next up... Lucy!!"

So, what'd you think? Was it good enough? Yes? No? Maybe so..? Anyway, I'll see you in the next chapter! BUH-BYE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 982 35
*+*+*+*+* Lucy Heartfilia, a stellar mage, and Natsu Dragneel, a fire dragon slayer, both met in a town name Hargeon. They shared strong bonds and f...
91K 1.5K 20
(NO LEMONS) Natsu Dragneel and the rest of the dragon slayers are about to experience a certain... CHANGE... in them. How will they manage to contro...
403K 6.8K 113
Fairy Tail and Highschool DxD crossover. Natsu Dragneel a 19 year old high school student trying to live his everyday life as a regular human along...
1.4M 44.4K 68
(Y/N) (L/N) has always had a crush on Natsu Dragneel, the Fire Dragon Slayer. Even though she's only 10 years old and Natsu is 18. But when he and th...