Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run

4.1K 138 45
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite   

Cody then shifts the plate over and balances it on his left hand, and pushes down on the gold-plated leaver style doorknob and the door opens with a slight creek. Time for the truth, I think to myself.

"Sweet heart, I brought you your breakfast, and the Alpha and a very special guest are here to see you" Says Cody, poking his head around the slightly opened door, peering into the room.

"Tell them they can come in, but please mind the way I look, I look horrible" Replies a very faint females voice from behind the door, inside the room, Cody then turns back towards the both of us.

"Did you guys here that?" He asks us, we both nod. "Well alright then, come on in" Cody says as he opens up the door wider so that we can all get in.

----------------------------------------------------

Now Luka

Once we enter the room and I start to look around I'm taken aback, it's not who's in the room that has me surprised, but the overall look and feel of the room itself. Reptile green walls, covered in a black lizard track wallpaper, three large bay windows covered in light green curtains, to keep the sunlight from streaming too brightly down into the bassinet made of dark colored wood and with light green sheets.

I then look to the right side of the room and see a good-sized baby changing table, on it I see clean baby bottles and a stack of diapers that have yet to be used, along with a rocking chair in the other corner. I then look over and see a figure, Heather laying in a dark green and white sheeted bed, her hand soothingly rubbing over her ballooning stomach. I turn towards Sophie, who gives me a slow nod, instantly my heart comes out of my throat and goes back down into my chest where it rightfully belongs, and that angered heat leaves my body in a single second.

I then turn towards Cody who's just smiling like an overgrown idiot. "Really, she is, you are?..." I trail off unable to ask fully, Cody just nods and walks over towards the bed where is mate is laying, putting the food on the bedside table while he's at it.

Sophie steps in to help. "Yes Luka, Heather is... Pregnant" She says.

Of course, what was I thinking? Sophie wasn't cheating on me, and Cody didn't move into Sophie's house to get closer to her, he moved in because his mate was pregnant that makes more sense. I need to get the Idea of Sophie, my one and only cheating on me out of my head and gone for good, I think to myself as I shake my head, and the thoughts vanish one last time.

"Alpha Luka, this is a pleasant surprise. Cody can you please help be sit up?" Heather then suddenly asks her mate snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Heather, it's been a long time" I say as Cody then helps her sit up. I slowly walk up to her and stop. "May I" I ask slowly moving my hand towards her stomach.

"Please, I'd be much obliged if you did" The soon to be mother in the room kindly replies, I then gently put my hand to her stomach and move it around in a circular motion.

"Cody when I said best of luck to you and your mate the last time I saw you, I didn't mean it like this" I say with a slight chuckle as I look at him out of the corner of my eye, I then turn my focus back on Heather.

"How far along are you?" I ask her.

"25 weeks" She replies.

"Would you mind converting that into months for me?" I ask giving her a confused look.

"Not a math guy, huh" She giggles, "it's..." She gets cut off by someone else walking into the room.

"It's almost six months along Luka" Says a female's voice, I stand up and turn my head towards the door, and see Aunt Sherry walking slowly over towards us, carrying a chair.

"Thanks for the information Aunt Sherry" I say.

"Happy to help Luka, I've brought you a chair to sit down if you need it" She says, setting the chair down on the floor.

Thanks Aunt Sherry" I say turning away from Heather, and walk back over towards Cody. "Congratulations man" I say with a smile, this time though, I mean it.

"Thanks Alpha" Cody says, right before he pulls me into a manly hug,

"Please, I'm begging you, you have to give me visitation rights" I say as we break apart.

"You and the Alpha will be able to come visit whenever you two would like, Heather has even requested that she would like for you and Sophie to be in the room with her when she gives birth, will that be okay with you?" He asks, "We've already asked Sophie, and she said she'd be fine with it."

I nod my head. "Sure, I would be honored" I reply as I then shake his hand firmly, then that age old question enters into my mind. "Boy, or girl?" I ask him with a smile appearing on my face.

"We don't know, Heather wants it to be a surprise for the both of us, so we haven't checked the gender" Cody replies.

"Oh and speaking of that, Have you told him the names we've picked out?" Heather asks him, as I step back and sit down in the chair that Aunt Sherry put there for me.

"I was just about to, alright. Well, if it's a girl Heather and I have decided on the name McKinley, after the mountain in Alaska, and if. God forbid it's a boy, well" Cody pauses for a moment. "Uh... Would you like to tell him? He then asks looking over towards his mate.

"Well... The other day I was playing around with you're and Cody's names, and I came up with, drum roll please... Loka, Like Luka, but with an o for Cody" Heather tells me.

I'm not sure because I can't see, but I think I go pale in the face. "I l...love...th...them" I stutter out unable to speak.

Sophie then looks at her happily. "So that's why you wouldn't tell me the boy's name until Luka got home" She says.

"Yep" Heather replies, reaching out for the plate of food still sitting on the bedside table, after a few moments I speak up.

"So, Aunt Sherry, have you had any problems with Sophie and Shelby living together?" I ask, looking towards her.

She shakes her head. "No, not really, I've actually only ever been called out here on one night, but it wasn't to break up a fight" Aunt Sherry replies with a wide grin, I haven't heard this story yet, but i have a feeling I'm about to.

"Something funny happen around here that I should know about?" I ask her, with a grin myself.

She nods, and then turns towards the three figures in front of her. "Do you three remember what it was for? I know you probably can Sophie, if you just think about it hard enough, but you two might not, just because it happened so late at night" Aunt Sherry says, first pointing towards Sophie, then to Cody and Heather, who's now stuffing her face with the food in the plate on her lap.

The three of us, Heather, Cody, and I, all turn towards Sophie and look at her. She's thinking so hard, I can literally see the gears turning in her head, still not good at thinking under pressure, I think to myself.

"I think it was the midnight pop-tart run" She replies out of the blue.

"Bingo" Aunt Sherry says with the snap of her fingers.

"Oh, Luka, you're going to want to hear this story" Sophie says.

"Lay it on me" I say as I lean forward in my chair.

Sophie clears her throat before speaking. "Well" She begins a few nights after Cody and Heather moved in, Heather woke me up at midnight and told me that she was having a craving for some pop-tarts, since I keep the bop-tarts in the cupboard and I have to keep the cupboard locked at night because Shelby sleep eats, but that's a whole other story, anyways, that would mean I'd have to go with her to unlock the cupboard. So I got up to go with her because by now I wanted some pop-tarts because cravings are contagious and since Shelby who sleeps in the room beside ours always leaves her door slightly ajar was listening in on the conversation came in and said she wanted some, and since Heather was out of the bed that meant Cody had to get out of bed. So all four of us went down stairs, I unlocked the cupboard, and we all stepped in, and just our luck, we were out. As you know by now Luka when we girls get hungry, there isn't anything that can stop us from getting what we want, when we want it, anyways, I put out a call to my aunt who then went to Wal-Mart to get us some. When Aunt Sherry walked through that door, she also caught the craving, so at a half past twelve, all five of us were in the living room, sitting on the couch, chowing down on pop-tarts."

I just smile and laugh, trying to picture the scene in my mind. "So a lovely tale of four girls, a father to be, and a box of pop-tarts" I say with a grin.

"Well, this foods great, thinks for the food Ms. Sherry" Heather says, picking up her fork and taking in another bite of food.

"Thank you Heather, you're very welcome" Aunt Sherry says turning towards Heather and Cody, then she turns back towards Sophie and I. "Okay you two, I'm off to work, have a good day. Remember, mind link Shelby, your Uncle, or I if you run in to trouble" She says walking over towards Sophie and giving her a hug.

"Alright, thanks so much for you and Shelby watching the house, and getting Luka and Uncle back when I was down in the bunker" Sophie says, getting her aunt into an embrace.

"Oh Little Sophie, no need to thank us, it was our pleasure" Aunt Sherry replies as she and Sophie break apart. "And to you as well, Luka, welcome home, have a good first day. Hey, don't stay in here for too long, you've got a whole pack to reunite with" She says as she turns towards me, I then stand up from my seat so that she doesn't have to bend down so far.

"Thanks Aunt Sherry, and don't worry, we won't" I say as I embrace her.

Aunt Sherry then breaks away and starts walking towards the door. "And the same goes for you Heather, if anything goes wrong you mind link me, or have Cody or Liam come to get me" She says looking over her shoulder to look towards Heather as she walks back through the doorway.

"Okay, I will, thanks Dr. Sherry" Heather calls after her.

When she hears the front door close the feeling of the room turns serious, Sophie then walks over and sits down on the bed, just to the left of Heather, I clear my throat before speaking up. "Well now that I know the reason you're here, will one of you please tell me, why have you decided to move in?" I ask. "Cody, you and your brother both have a house."

Cody and Sophie exchange glances while Heather continues to eat her food, Cody and Sophie then look back towards me, and Cody speaks up. "Look Alpha, this is going to be a long story, are you sure you want to hear it?" He asks me.

"I've got time, and Cody, call me Luka. I'm not even the Alpha yet, I still have five months before I take over" I reply.

"Sure thing Alph... I mean Luka, anything you say" Cody says, he then pauses and clears his throat. "Well, a few weeks after you left Heather moved out of Den House, for the simple reason that it was getting too full, so she and I asked Debby if she could move in with me and Keith, she agreed so Heather moved in, we got settled, and everything was cool, until four months later, on the night before the full moon. Now I was sleeping on the couch while Heather was sleeping in my bed, because even though I marked her, she and I still weren't ready to mate yet and it drove our wolves to insanity knowing we weren't ready yet. Out of the blue I heard this loud howl coming from my room. I ran in there and I saw Heather sitting up on the bed, with blood everywhere, but mostly around her stomach area..." I cut him off.

"What happened?"

"Her wolf forced her to go into her first heat. For any female, no matter her rank, the first heat is the hardest to bear. Her animal side couldn't take being an unmated female any longer, and took control, when that happened the pain became unbearable. The blood all over the place, was from her scratching at her stomach, trying to get the pain to stop" Cody explains.

Horrified, I look towards Sophie. "Did that happen to you as well while I was gone?" I ask her, she shakes her head.

"No, that only happens when both mates are marked, and it's very rare regardless" Sophie replies.

"Okay, so what happened next?" I ask him, letting out a relieved sigh in my head.

"Well..." Cody begins, lowering his head to the floor. "As I was standing there, looking at her from my bedroom doorway, she started begging me to make it stop, to make it stop, but for the few moments I just stood there. I don't know why but in those first few instances I couldn't move, I was numb throughout my body seeing the love of my life in that kind of shape. Finally I was able to break out of my horrified daze when Heather screamed out for me, with my hands shaking slightly I mind linked Sophie and Dr. Sherry who both rushed over right away. When they got to the house Sherry told me I needed to mate with her, and said I had no choice on the matter. I was scared so I let my wolf take control, when I came to the next morning, everything was fine. Heather was no longer in pain or screaming, her stomach was healed and there was no more blood, just a little dried blood on the bed from the night before, and she was sleeping soundly right next to me, everything was fine. About three weeks later, I had gotten up early that morning to fill in for Quinn on the morning patrol since he had been sick all week, so about half way through the route, I got a mind link from the Alpha telling me I needed to come home right away. So I came home, and to make this long story short, there were to clear lines on the pregnancy test, and um..."

I look towards Sophie as Cody starts to break down, she clears her throat before speaking again and filling in the rest. "You see Luka, Heather being pregnant was like a double-edged sword for Cody. On one hand he was happy that he was going to be a father. But however, that also had a challenge to go along with it, the house Heather shared with Keith and Cody wasn't going to be big enough, it could support the three of them, but it wouldn't be able to support the baby when it got here. Knowing this, and the fact that Cody spent most of his free time here anyways, I took them in and gave them a place to stay" Sophie tells me.

"Yeah, and ever since then..." Heather starts then pauses as she places an arm around my girl's shoulder, "The Alpha and I have been just like sisters" She finishes with a smile on her face.

Sophie then gets a wide smile on her face as she then turns away from Heather and looks back towards me. "Oh and speaking of, just like sisters" Sophie says breaking away from Heather, "Oh, sorry Heather" She says, slightly bumping into Heather as she's getting up.

"It's alright, no harm done" Heather says.

"Luka, come with me, there's someone I know who is going to want to be the first member of the pack to welcome you home" Sophie says walking over towards me.

I stand up from my chair, and Sophie turns back towards Cody and Heather. "Okay you two, we're heading out for a bit, we'll be back in a while" Sophie tells the both of them.

"Okay, Sophie, Luka, you two both be careful out there" Cody says standing up from the bed, while Heather puts her now empty plate on the bedside table.

"Okay Cody, we will, and be sure to eat something in the meantime" Sophie tells him.

"Yes Ma'am" He replies.

"Well good" Sophie says as we both start to walk out of the room.

"Yeah, and hey, congratulations again on the new baby" I say stopping and turning to look at them one last time.

"Thanks Bro, you and Sophie have a good day out" Cody replies with a grin.

"We will" I call back to him as I follow Sophie back up the Hallway, just wondering who I'm going to meet with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

Luka and I walk back down stairs to find my uncle almost half asleep at the table. "Luka, put your jacket back on" I say, pointing to it still laying on the back of the counter. "I'll get mine on. Uncle, you're in charge, watch the house and if anything happens with Heather..."I get cut off as I walk over towards the front door.

"I know. I know, I run lake a mad man to go and get my wife. Don't you worry Little Sophie, I will" My Uncle says as he then gets up the table and walkover towards me, Luka wearing his jacket now, follows close behind.

"Great, and then when we're done, I want to question Colt and find out what's going on" I say, slipping my own jacket on.

"Okay, just send me a link when you're ready" Uncle says.

"I will, I'm so glad to have you home" I say as I throw my arms around his neck.

"Same here, I'm happy to be home" He says, "Now you two have better be going,"

"Oh, you're right, come on Luka" I say as I open the door, and hold it open for him.

When we walk outside all we can see is white. Boy it sure is a good thing I didn't take off my boots when I came in to shift last night, I think to myself. Otherwise my socks would've been soaked by now, there's at least six inches of snow on our yard alone. There's a myth running around out there about werewolves, or just wolves in general that our favorite season is winter, well guess what it's no myth. It's like we get to walk in a winter wonderland, before, during, and after Christmas.

After a moment I turn towards Luka. He's just mesmerized, standing there with his eyes widened, and a smile that stretches from ear to ear on his face. Has he seriously never seen snow before? I ask myself. "It snowed!" Luka suddenly yells, leaping up, but as he's coming down he shifts and dives head first into the snow, he almost looked like a fox hunting in the winter

I grin widely and start cackling in amusement as I watch Luka then start to roll around on the very front of our yard, as if he were still a pup. He'll never change, no matter how old he gets, or what rank he is, he'll still be the boy with that fun, outdoor loving personality that we all have come to know and love. After a moment or two, I have to stop laughing long enough to shift myself, but as I stop my sides start to hurt from laughing so hard.

Once on four paws I trot myself over towards Luka as he gets up and is shaking the snow off his body. "You'll never grow up, will you Luka?" I ask, cocking my head over to the side.

"Nope" He happily yelps in a reply.

"Thought as much. Okay, let's get going I don't want to keep your surprise guest waiting any longer then he already has for this day" I slightly snarl.

"Right behind you" Luka slightly snarls back, before we take off.

==============================================================                  

Who do you guys think Sophie's taking Luka to go see?

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598 9 33
Skylar is an omega in her pack, she is a born leader and only wishes to help her pack. She has secrets hidden up her sleeves that no ones know of and...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
16.3K 1K 28
After losing both her family and pack in a massive rouge attack, Elyse spends 3 long months on the run. While being chased, she has no other option b...
30.4K 1.1K 42
Winter, a pack slave, also known as Pseudo wolf by everyone, designated omega. Broken beyond repair and she learned to embrace it. But never in her l...