Disappear with Me

By NoSoggyBottoms

Hi!! Our names are Kayleigh and Emma, and we decided to put together a little story about romance, running a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

4 0 1
By NoSoggyBottoms

The door let out a small creak as I kicked it open with my foot. My eyes wandered around the small barn, and I inspected my surroundings.

"Home sweet home." Hunter joked and smiled at me. He sat himself down on the makeshift bed on the far side of the room.

His hand found a large lantern in the darkness, and suddenly it wasn't so difficult to see.

A stockpile of food and supplies sat on top of a wooden table on the opposite side of the room. He had collected a large amount of soup and ravioli cans, cereal, and granola bars in just a couple of days. Packages of water bottles were stacked underneath the table, setting up a good area for walking space.

The place wasn't big, but it wasn't tiny either. Like the size of a bedroom.

I quickly found a first aid kit, and became extremely relieved to have a chance at healing Hunter. I opened the box and took out large wraps and bandages, applying them to his leg gently and cautiously.

"Nice place you have here." I chuckled, looking at him feeling surprised that he looked healthy as if nothing happened to hurt him.

"Well you're gonna have to get comfortable because this is home for a little while." He responded.

The lantern glimmered and light up the room, giving a warm and comfy feeling. I sat beside Hunter, letting our legs press up against each other.

"How did you find this place?" I asked.

"I used to come here when I was younger. But these past few years I've been coming here every so often, fixing it up."

"I want to be a kid again." I whispered as I laid my head on his shoulder. We sat in silence, but a faint sound grew louder as seconds passed. I jerked my head up when I heard an audible beep from either a car or a motorcycle.

"Stay inside." Hunter whispered as he slowly wobbled to the slightly open door. He peeked through the crack, and mumbled something I couldn't understand.

"Oh no... Crap." He continued.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.

"It's a cop," He turned toward me. "He came alone on a motorcycle."

He shut the door carefully, and opened a latch that was hidden in the back of the room.

"I made a back door." He said. I could hear the sound of footsteps on the gravel and dirt. They became louder as the police officer got closer.

Oh no. My brother... I froze as I realized what had happened. My brother must've seen me, I remember hearing a noise in the house as I left.

"Hello?" A harsh voice rang out. " Anyone in there?"

Hunter rushed me through the back door, but escaping wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The door wasn't very big, and I had to crawl my way through to be able to fit.

I gasped at the sound of the police officer banging on the makeshift door of the barn.

I finally made it out of the room, and I reached my hand inside, offering to help Hunter.

He let out a small groan as crouched down to the level of the doorway, hurting from the pain of his wounds.

I wrapped my hands around his slightly muscular arms, pulling him through the opening, hoping the officer wouldn't come in.

We heard the creak of the door and I yanked Hunter through. He quickly but quietly shut the latch, and we were safe. Almost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2M 639K 168
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
145K 4.1K 39
I was taught from birth, through force, how to be perfect for him, how to obey everything he said, and how to be his devoted follower. I was being pr...
520K 32.9K 67
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...
4.3M 286K 61
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...