Beginner's Guide to Being a S...

By almiti

When you're a Superhero, you're not supposed to team up with the bad guy. Oh well, I suppose rules w... More

Beginner's Guide to Being a Superhero
1-Don't Wet Your Spandex!
2-Don't You Have Like, an Irrational Fear Of Bowling?
3-Okay Boys, Light 'Em Up
4-You Looked Like You Were Doing the Hokey Pokey
5-I Ship It
6-Did It Hurt When You Fell From Heaven?
7-I Did Not Have a Threesome!
9-Hey Look, It's My OTP!
10-You're Going On a Blind Date
11-It's Alright, It's OK
12-More Like Partners in Whatever-the-Opposite-of-Crime-Is
13-I Didn't Know Hypocrites Could Be Motivational Speakers
14-Wait, So is He Horny All the Time?
15-That Is Why You Never Bite a Man With Electricity Running Through His Veins
16-The Force is Strong With You, My Young Padawan
17-I didn't Realize Everything I Said Turned Into a Sexual Innuendo
18-You Suck
19-I'm a Super
20-I Hurt You
21-How Do We Stop It?
22-Dog Whisperer
23-I'm Here To Play
24-Shoot Yourself
25-You Are the Most Beautiful Girl I've Ever Laid My Eyes On
Epilogue

8-Her Hair Makes Her Look Like a Muffin

1.6K 122 48
By almiti

Chapter Eight
Her Hair Makes Her Look Like a Muffin

"Woo! Water!" I cheer, pushing Sam into the water. I did that boy a favour, he was making a fool of himself as he attempted to flirt with a girl who obviously paid no attention to him as she tans. Key word being attempted.

"Gah!" Sam waves his arms around before bellyflopping into the water.

"Die, boy, die!" I scream before jumping on top of him in attempt of severely injuring him.

He falls back underwater and pushes me off him.

"Screw off, you cow!" I watch with a grin as he swims away to the girl he was shamelessly flirting with before.

"Hey, Sky," I turn to see Owen and Noah swimming their way over to me. I greet them by splashing the both of them.

"Hey!" I chirp and Noah gives me a weird look.

"What's got you so cheery?" He asks me and I just splash him again in response.

"I don't know but I don't care!" Owen cheers as we both try to drown each other.

I eventually escape from Owen's grasp and run (or as close to running you can get while in water) in Sam's direction while dragging Noah with me.

We pass by a little boy who squirms in his his distracted mother's arms, currently speaking with someone beside me.

The boy's eyes meet mine and I send him a sincere smile, to which he smiles back before flinging water at me.

My smiles drops and I flick water back at the boy, and he flicks water back at me. Before I know it I'm fighting with a three year old.

"Whoa there tiger," Noah picks me up as I struggle to splash the child with more water as he sticks his tongue out at me, and his mother yells profanities at me.

"Ma'am, you're son belongs in the kiddy pool!" I scream at her.

"And so do you!" She yells back at me. Noah clamps a hand over my mouth as I struggle to loosen his grip.

We reach Sam just in time to watch him get slapped by a girl.

"You gotta stop with the girl stuff, man," Noah tells him, cringing.

"All I said was that her hair makes her look like a muffin," Sam huffs.

"Stop scaring off the entire female population," I whack him on the back of the head.

He doesn't have time to respond because soon enough I'm excitedly dragging Owen and Noah with me over to the whirl pool.

"I'm spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning..." I sing to myself as the current drags us in circles.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Owen grabs his mouth before getting pulled down into the water from below.

"I think there's a sea monster here," Noah comments knowingly and I nod.

"So," I reluctantly decide to ask, "how are you taking things?"

Noah doesn't answer right away. I hear him sigh.

"It could be better," he admits and I send him an empathetic smile.

"It really could," I agree with him.

Noah looks like he's about to say something when there's a cry from somewhere and my Superhero instincts kick in.

I swim out of the whirl pool and away from the current to see Slick, physically standing at the top of the four story water slide, somehow unhinging the pool from the stairs and and letting the slide fall, about to land on a few poor citizens at the bottom.

I'm not like Clark Kent or anything so I don't wear my suit underneath my clothes, especially my bathing suit. Had I been wearing my suit, I would have immediately rushed to the scene and tried to stop what was happening, but I can only stand and watch.

I silently prayed for Audrey or Drew to somehow find a way to quickly rush to the rescue and safe all those innocent, poor people. I must be hard for everyone to watch such a terrifying scene, buts it even harder as I, a Super, have to sit back and watch, knowing I can't do anything to help.

Don't get me wrong, the safety of my city is much more important than my identity. But you have to understand that my powers aren't as strong as my fellow Supers. Even if I were to be there I might not be able to do anything. There isn't even enough time to get form where I'm standing to the slide.

So as I watch the slide nearly crushes the people, to find that Static swoops in and saves the day. Can this day get any more astatic?

Static, using his Super Strength, brings the slide back up and somehow attaches it back to the metal staircase. Don't ask me how, I ain't no engineer. That and I'm pretty dumb.

I blink and quickly come to my senses, rush out of the water and into the change room to grab my suit, happy that no one seems to notice me since they're all running all over the place.

I'm quick in my suit and run out to see that Drew and Audrey - sorry - Inferno and Luna, have already beat me there.

I rush to their sides and silently curse when I spot many of his minions spread out through the venue. I just wonder how he managed to firstly find so many Supers, and secondly how he managed to turn them all bad.

"My Shadows, attack!" Slick screams and I can't help but snicker. This guy kills me. Shadows? That's what he calls his minions? And what are they attacking? The water? What are they gonna do? Drown themselves? Most of the people have already left, screaming as they did. There's no one left to kill. What a dumbass. He needs to think things trough.

Before I know it Inferno's already at the top of the staircase, throwing balls of fire at Slick.

Once Slick notices my brother, he turns to him and says "Stop."

Immediately Inferno does so, and I gape at the scene. He can't control us that easy, can he?

Luna is quickly to recover her senses and leaps up to the platform where Inferno and Slick stand. I've always been jealous of her for that. Although theoretically she can't fly, she can manipulate gravity meaning she can 'float' to just about anywhere.

Due to our heavy silence, Slick immediately removed his graze from Inferno and turns back to Luna just before she's about to jump on him.

"Freeze," he says again to her, and I watch Inferno recover by shaking his head profusely and blinking before running back at him.

Slick turns his graze to my brother again before saying "you too."

Slick's eyes hop back and forth between the two of them as he holds his hands out in defence.

"Now both of you, back down," he says accusingly, his eyes still jumping back and forth as the both come out of their attack positions to a neutral standing stance, both of them clearly in some sort of hypnotic, memorizing haze.

I realize that I just do something, so I quickly zoom up the stairs to meet my doom. I reach the top and run straight at Slick who turns to me this time, ready for my attack.

It's at times like these when I realize how weak I really am. Gold Cape and me were the 'Power Couple' because we worked perfectly together as him our offence, with his flying, super strength and speed, and me being our defence with my healing, invisibility and shielding.

It worked because he attacked while I protected. I'm useless now - I can't help them. Id be better off a sidekick. But the least I could have a gotten was Super Strength which almost ever Super has. In the end I'm just a weak, useless Super.

I try to kick Slick anyway, seeing as there's no other option other than to attack. Maybe I could throw in some other ninja skills too, like a karate shop or something. Whatever helps.

"Stop," Slick says and my body freezes, my foot swaying right next to his head even though he doesn't seem remotely fazed to say the least.

I wonder if Slick ever gets tired with all the 'Stop, freeze, stop, no.' People might start mistaking him for a kindergarten teacher.

I try to move but I can't. For some reason my darn limbs are being stubborn today, they're probably tired from all the bullshit they've been receiving lately.

Slick continues to stare at me intently. It's kind of creepy. You'd think he's trying to look inside my soul or something but no, he's just being a pedophile.

Suddenly a flicker of familiarity passes through me as I look into his eyes (sounds so romantic), but it's gone as quickly as it came because soon Slick is rolling down the water slide, head first, due to a forceful shove from my brother.

I watch as my brother and best friend slide down after him, and watch as Slick slips into the pool.

But Slick doesn't come up. Luna and Inferno land in the water and search for him, but to come up clueless and empty handed.

Slick managed to escape from our fingertips yet again. Well, isn't he slick?

***

Audrey, Drew and I got home later than expect since we had to stay and help calm everyone down.

I decided to take a long shower to clean myself from sweat and grim.

I shut the the water off and reach out for my towel, but for my poor hand to come back empty handed.

I step out of the shower, ignoring the cold and searching for my warm towel. I find my towel sitting on the counter, so I grab it and am about to wrap the bundle of softness around my bare body when the door swings open.

My head shoots in the direction of the cool air and find Static standing in the door way, looking as innocent as ever.

The he realizes that I am most certainly not decent so he stumbles back and before shutting the door closed.

I look at myself in the mirror to find I'm blushing profusely.

I quickly dry off and change into my Super suit before going back into my room to see Static.

I find Static looking at my big collection of books. He seems to feeling very awkward. I whack him upside the head.

"Ow," he grabs the back of his head before turning to me.

"What happened to knocking, moron?" I scowl at him.

"I forgot!" He defends himself.

"I bet you did," I hiss back. "Did you see anything?"

"No!" He exclaims while blushing red. Of course he saw me naked, no doubt.

I roll my eyes at him before sticking my head out into the hall.

"Audrey!" I call, "Static's here!"

I hear her footsteps rushing from the living room to me, eager to meet the new Super.

"What are you doing?" Static demands.

I don't answer him because Audrey's already there, sticking here hand out to greet him.

"I'm Audrey!" She chirps as he reluctantly takes her hand.

"Static..." He mumbles, sending me a look.

"So you're the guy that I caught having a threesome with my sister?"

We all turn to see Drew standing at the end off the hall, his arms crossed.

Static seems to be chocking on air. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Ignore him," I tell Static, "that's what I do."

Drew scoffs before walking away.

"So, you're with Sky?" She wiggles her eyes brows in a suggestive manner, earning a kick to the shin from me.

"In what way?" Static asks, and I shake my head at him.

"Let's just go," I huff, dragging Static to my open window.

"Alrighty," Static agrees, swooping me up in his arms before flying to our destination.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 485 121
For a millennia the mysterious twelve beings have watched over, and observed humanity. Goddesses, witches, aliens, Demons, the beings themselves have...
139K 10.5K 41
Villains. Heroes. Try as they might, one is always bested by the other, an endless fight without true meaning. We all have to pick our sides, but I t...
212K 10.7K 35
In a city full of villains, would you dare to be the hero? In Lincoln Grove, there hasn't been a hero in 12 years. Villains run rampant through the...
305K 15.8K 66
WARNING: CONTAINING AMOUNTS OF SASS PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN TO MANKIND In the city of NYC--- Ok. Hold up. First of all, New York City. What, are ya gonna...