My Hero [Boku no Hero Academi...

Not_Such_A_Bad_Thing tarafından

{UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING} Setsuna Yukimori suffered abuse from her mother at the age of 4, a few months afte... Daha Fazla

Prologue Deep in The Dark
Chapter 1 Has The Time Come?
Chapter 2 Is This Real?
Chapter 3 A New Start?
Chapter 4 The Monster She Created
Chapter 5 Shi No Te
I'm So Sorryyyyyyyy!!!
Chapter 7 Black and White
Chapter 8 The One Left Standing
The Fiction Awards
It's Time
About Setsuna (Art!)
Oops

Chapter 6 The Promise

6.3K 259 42
Not_Such_A_Bad_Thing tarafından

Edited-3/13/17

Edited Again-8/27/18

I'm not paying attention to the ride at all, my thoughts taking over me as I gaze out the window with my cheek resting against my fist. I'm not sure how long we've been driving, but Mr. Izumi keeps saying we're almost there so we must be getting close. That or his perception of time is way off.

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna say to my mother when I see her. Maybe I'll know as soon as I get there? I'm not really sure.

I wonder what she'll say; if she'll attempt to harm me either vocally or physically.

As my thoughts begin to sink deeper into negativity, I'm snapped out of it when Mr. Izumi places his hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me.

"Suna, we're here." He says, moving to unbuckle his seat belt and exit out of the car. I sit there for a moment and take a deep breath to calm my racing heart. Even if my mother wanted to harm me physically, I'm sure there will be police officers there to make sure nothing happens to me. With that in mind, I exit the car and walk towards Mr. Izumi who stands by the entrance to the station. I take a moment to take the building in. The building itself wasn't very large, but it seemed large enough for its purpose. The walls are as dark as a cloud during a thunderstorm, and above the door stands a sign that gives an indication as to what the building is.

Mr. Izumi pushes open the glass door and holds it, waiting for me to enter. I smile politely at him as I make my way inside, and the scent of paper, ink, and metal are the first things that greet me along with the sound of countless people scattering around like ants, each working on their own cases I'm sure. Mr. Izumi gently grabs my arm and leads me down the hall where a few officers greet him; some with smiles and some none at all. It's very hard to tell if Mr. Izumi is well liked or not, but I'm not sensing any distaste the others might feel towards him like my mother feels towards me.

We stop in front of a female officer that's standing guard in front of a door, and her face immediately changes from one of boredom to one of content once she sees Mr. Izumi's face.

"Good morning Izumi-senpai! I didn't know you were coming in this morning, I thought your shift wasn't until noon." The lady says, her eyes moving from his face to mine, offering me a bright smile. I timidly offer her one in return.

"Good morning Officer Takana, I do still have that shift, I just have a few important things I need to take care of that I'd rather have done right now instead of later." He smiles back at her kindly before placing a hand on my shoulder. "This is Setsuna Yukimori. She's a victim in the Akane Yukimori case, as well as her daughter. Suna says she'd like to speak to her mother before filing a report about what happened at the Yukimori resident." His smile fades into a frown when he mentions my mom, and I hear the tone in his voice grow cold.

Officer Takana looks down at me with wide eyes before stepping close to Mr. Izumi while lowering her voice into a whisper. "You mean, she's the poor child that Ms. Yukimori was referring to in her diary? The test subject? I knew she's a terrible person because of the report on her at the lab, but to use your own daughter as an experiment? It's just so....wrong." she frowns and I can't help but feel irritated at her comments. She's speaking about me like I'm not even here!

With a frown, I tilt my chin upwards to stare into her eyes, "You know, I read about people who like to gossip but I would've thought that an adult like you would treat a victim with respect and not talk about her life like it was something you read off of a newspaper. Especially if that victim was abused for half of her life and is standing literally right in front of you."

Her cheeks flush a bright red from embarrassment as she lowers her head in shame. "You're right, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you."

"You didn't, but I'm only warning you in case you get assigned to a case with someone who would be."

She awkwardly clears her throat before nodding towards Mr. Izumi. "I'll let you in, but it'll have to be quick. I'm supposed to move her to another cell"

Mr. Izumi's brows quirk up in surprise, "Another cell?"

Officer Takana nods her head and drops her voice to a whisper, leaning in closer to Mr. Izumi to say, "I heard she's being moved to the basement."

"What? Already? She hasn't gone to trial yet." Mr. Izumi looks towards me as I gaze at the two in confusion, before looking back towards Officer Takana. "Let's continue this discussion later, I want a more detailed report. Understand?"

Officer Takana nods her head and turns to face the door. She pulls out a ring full of keys and inserts one of them in the door, opening it for the two of us to enter.

Nodding his head once more to Officer Takana, he places his hand on my back and gently guides me inside the door. I hear the door close behind me but I don't bother to pay attention to it. The room is bigger inside than it seems outside, and all that decorates the walls are a single painting of what seems to be an angel with a sword, beheading a man on his knees with a single child standing in the background watching the whole thing happen, a security camera, and a few stains on the wall. I'm not exactly sure what the stains are and I don't really want to know.

In the center of the room are a single bed, a chair, and a desk. My eyes land on my mother's figure who's tied to her chair, as well as handcuffed, except the handcuffs she has on look much different than the typical ones. My guess would be that those are made to cancel out her quirks like the ones she used on me before. Her head is bowed so I can't see her face, but I can see how awful she looks. Her clothes are dirty and torn at the hem, her hair shines in the light from the oil in it, showing she hasn't taken a shower in quite some time. Her skin seems paler than usual, and I notice that her shoes have been removed which reveal her feet. It's hard to believe it hasn't been 24 hours since I last saw her. She looks like I haven't seen her in months.

Hearing us enter, my mother lifts her head up slowly and it takes everything in me not to cower away from her gaze as I usually would. Her blue eyes have changed from their usual light blue, and have now turned completely dark, almost seeming grey. Her face has smudges of dirt randomly placed across her cheeks, and her lips are chapped. Once her eyes move from Mr. Izumi's to mine, a switch snaps in her and her eyes become enlarged with rage and hatred. She begins thrashing against her restraints while continuously growling at me.

I timidly take a step back as Mr. Izumi stares straight into my mother's eyes. I look over at her and almost jump back when I see her eyes glaze over.

"Give me my sight back you worthless piece of shit!" She growls out. And instead of responding to her, Mr. Izumi calls Officer Takana in with a needle. She moves over to my mother who tries to snap at her hand and grabs her side of the neck to inject the needle into it. Once she finished with that, she walks back over to the door and bids her goodbyes to us before exiting. I watch Mr. Izumi's eyes soften just a little, the glaze disappearing from my mother's eyes as she begins to slump against her seat.

Whatever it is that was injected into her is clearly taking effect, my mother visibly calming and her muscles relaxing.

Mr. Izumi clears his throat, "Go ahead and sit at the other end of the table Suna, I'll be here watching over okay?"

I nod my head and walk over to the chair that sits at the opposite side of the table and my mother, and take a seat. I fiddle with my fingers, the leather of the gloves rubbing against each other as I find the words I want to say.

"What do you want Setsu?" My mother sneers, causing me to jump at the sudden sound of her voice. It sounds raspy as if she hasn't had anything to drink in a while.

I force myself to sit up straight and look into my mother's eyes. "Mother, I wanted to ask you a few questions." I pause for a moment, but she doesn't show any signs of reacting to what I said, so I continue. "Why did you want to use me as an experiment?"

She stays silent for a moment before finally saying, "When I was fired from my job, I was doing an experiment similar to the one I was doing on you, except my test subjects, failed and died. Once my bosses figured out what I had been doing, they fired me. I wanted to continue the research but I had no place to continue it. So then I got the idea of using you as my experiment. I mean, I despise you with a burning passion so it doesn't matter to me whether you died or something. I was silently hoping for it too. But you didn't die. Out of all my test subjects, you were the one that didn't fail. The perfect lab rat." The whole time she speaks, she shows no emotion whatsoever, her face just as impassive as her voice.

"Okay...," I frown at the pain in my heart of actually hearing my mother acknowledge her hatred towards me. "If you hated me so much, why did you bother to home school me?"

"Simple. As an experiment, I had to note your progress and change. I didn't homeschool you, that's just something I wanted you to think. I was testing you. From the age of 6 you showed knowledge you weren't supposed to have yet, and as you got older it increased just a bit until it stopped altogether. I guess you could say the injections I gave you were giving you more side effects, except this one, wasn't deadly. Up until last year, your knowledge increased. And don't think I didn't see those books you had hiding away in your room. Because of that, I think your knowledge enhanced a lot, more than it should've. But now, it seems to me that the effect has worn off and you can learn things just like regular people can. Your knowledge doesn't grow anymore."

"And....what about my dad? Why haven't you told me who he is or where he's been?"

At that, her eyes darken even more. "I have no intentions of ever telling you anything else about your father. He's a great man who doesn't need to be bothered by you. You're filth. You were a mistake then, and you are a mistake now. The only thing I can take pride in is the fact that you were a success in my research. But don't forget Setsuna. Your powers belong to me and me alone."

I bite my lip and tremble. I'm not exactly sure if I'm trembling in fear, or in anger. "One more thing. Did you ever feel sorry for me? Did you ever feel any type of love towards me the way a mother should?"

Without hesitation, my "mother" leans in towards me, and in a strong clear voice she says, "No."

I nod once having heard everything I needed to, and stand up from the seat. I look over at Mr. Izumi and nod my head towards him, signaling that I'm done with the conversation. As he opens the door I make a promise to myself right then and there. I swear that during the time I'm on break, I'd train as hard as I could until the day of the entrance exams for U.A. I would train my inherited quirks as much as I could manage, to make up for lost time during my imprisonment. And as I walk out of that room, I smile slightly to myself because I know that I'll definitely prove my mother wrong. And not only that, but I won't ever use those stolen quirks every again.

And that's a promise.

I'm so sorry for the delay!!! I've been busy and then I was lazy and then I was busy again and ughhhh I'm sorry. T_T I didn't want you guys to have to wait any longer so here's the rough draft (but let's be honest, half of the chapters I upload are my rough drafts 😄🔫) also sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to make it up to you guys by uploading a longer one next time.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even if I think it's sucky. Also OMG WE HIT 4K!!! You guys that's amazing!!! It really amazes me that so many of you are reading this crap of a fanfiction and honestly I feel so blessed. Reading your guy's comments make my day so don't forget to drop in and add something, I read them all! ^^ Next chapter is the day of the Entrance Exams so look forward to that!

And with that being said I bid you farewell!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

46.1K 1K 24
• Izuku Yagi diagnosed as quirkless at the age of 4. His 'parents' Inko and Toshinori Yagi, his 'sister' Izumi Yagi, and his 'best friend' Kaachan(ak...
14.4K 267 39
You, Izuku Midoriya, and Katsuki Bakugo all grew up together. You all lived close together and were friends. Izuku was always friendly and supportive...
1.5K 20 9
*NEW VERSION BEING MADE!* Izuku midoriya. A kid who just wanted to be a hero. Unfortunately, nature must hate him. In this topsy turvy world, women a...
94.9K 2.6K 21
Y/n grew up with a quirk that wasn't that good. She was in class 1-C, she knew that she wouldn't get into the Hero Course. Ever since Middle school s...