That Cowboy Love

By cowgirl1102

Amy is an ordinary rodeo girl. She is a professional Barrel Racer that only cares about the rodeo, friends an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Guess what!!

Chapter 20

2.6K 59 3
By cowgirl1102

Chapter 20

Amy POV

4 weeks later (11th of May)

Derek and I have been living in our new house for a few weeks now and have settled in perfectly. Its awesome living with him. He helps me out all the time and is always happy.   I thought it wouldn't work and that we would always fight, but not once has that happened.

Our friends love our new house and come over for bonfires every weekend. Our family love how we have settled in nicely.  Lulu has grown and is very cute but is very helpful. She loves the horses and usually sleeps with them in their stalls. Derek has started his new job, raising bulls for rodeos and Ive started mine. I really enjoy my job. It makes me feel all grown up even though I'm 25. Ive had lots of customers who have loved my work.

I have had 2 camps come and stay for two nights and have loved it. They stay up in the paddock in their trailers with me as their leader. The girls are really good and its great how they bring their own floats and horses. We have bonfires and I get my barrel racing friends to come and show the girls some things. My boss has dropped 1 mare off that is pregnant and wants me to train the foal, her name is Delighla. She is due in a few days so Im keeping a good eye on her. We have had cameras set in her stall to keep an eye on her at night.

Jaide and Shae arrived and had settled into the loft. Jaide got a job with Derek's job and is now a secretary at our barn. She works in the office in the barn with all the paper work. She helps with organising everything. Ive chosen my bridesmaids and Jaide is going to be my maid of honour and Bethany, Nyoaki and Jorja are going to be my bridesmaids. Shae is going to be my flower girl along with Lou. Derek has decided that Jess would be his best man and Matt, Lj and Tuff will be his grooms man. He wants Jack to be the ring man. I have to choose my dress and veil today, so Jaide is coming with me and so are the other girls. My wedding is in 1 and a half months and we are really excited.

Today we have our wedding appointments like dress fittings, tux fittings cake testing and flowers. A lot of planners have been at our barn planing on what the decorations would be. The wedding reception is going to be held in the barn and the ceremony will be held the top paddock. But thats all I'm revealing now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im walking up to my ute where Jaide, Nyoaki,Bethany and Jorja are waiting. I jump in and I start it up. " Lets go dress shopping" I yell and the girls scream. I rev the ute down our driveway and into town which takes 1 hour. I turn my cd player on and the disc starts playing. We are in town and jamming to the cd when I park the ute outside the bridal store. Next minute Derek's truck pull up next to our truck and he jumps out followed by the boys. They turn around and see us so we jump out and pretend we didn't see them. We walk into the shop and they just stare at us. We then see them walk across the street and into the tux shop. " Oh so thats what there doing" Jorja chirps as Jaide talks to the lady at the counter.

" Which one is the lovely looking bride" the lady says. I put my hand up and the girls squeal. We walk over to a room and sit down on the couches. A lady comes out and hands us a champagne glass each. We all click glasses and cheer. " To Amy" they shout. The lady at the front desk comes in and closes the door. " Hi ladies I'm Charlotte, I'll be helping you ladies out today. Lets choose a dress for the bridesmaids first." she says as she pulls open a door and a pole with dresses on it comes out. The girls rush over to see the dress. "O.M.G these dresses are to die for" Nyoaki squeals. "Look at this dress, Its lovey." Jaide chirps. They all stop looking and turn to see Jaide holding a coral coloured strapless dress with a flower belt. Its just a casual dress Which is the kind  I wanted. They all look at the dress and scream " Hell yes" at the same time. "i knew this dress was a winner, I have three others out the back" Charlotte says. She walks out the back and comes back out with three dresses. She hands the girls each a dress and they walk into the dressing rooms. Charlotte puts some music on. She puts on "Single Ladies", which is a really weird song to put on at a wedding dress fitting. Anyway Jaide then walks out of her dressing room.

She walks out with her hands on her hips and her head held up high. She starts to crump and I burst into laughter. She walks to the beat of the music and then suddenly stops and turns around to look at Jorjas dressing room. Jorja walks out and she came out fast. This means I can't stop laughing. She swung the door open and stood there in a Beyonce pose. I started to laugh even more and champagne is coming out my nose.  Then the two girls started to dance. They both stop and turn to Bethanys dressing room.Bethany Jumps out. She shock her hips and the girls started dancing again. This is the best thing I have ever seen. These girls make me so happy, Im glad they are my best friends. Out of the blue Nyoaki jumps out of her dressing room and starts singing and twerking. The girls join in, "All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the sing ladies. oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh". They do the dance and burst out laughing. I get up and join in. We are all dancing around and singing. This feeing of happiness makes me so happy. The girls mean the world to me and I wouldn't want any other best friends. The song finishes and we all sit down. " That was awesome" Nyoaki yells. We all take a big swig from our glasses and listen to Charlotte.

"Your turn, bride to be." Charlotte says. The girls sequel as I stand up. She walks over to the only door on the back of the wall and opens it. A long pole with all of the wedding dresses comes out. The girls and I stare in astonishment. I walk over to the rack and look at the dresses. I spot one that catches my eye. Its a white strapless love heart shaped dress with a purple back and belt. It has white swirls on the edge of all the purple and a massive purple bow on the back. I grab the dress and walk into the big dressing room. I slip the grass over my head and ask for Charlotte to come in and help do the back up. She ties the back up and ties the bow. She steps out and I look in the mirror. I smile at myself and open the door. All the girls look up and put their glasses down. "Wow, your beautiful" Bethany says. "Holy cow" Jaide chips. " That is one beautiful best friend we have" Nyoaki says.

I burst into tears and they all come rushing over. " Whats wrong" they all shout. "I didn't think this would ever happen. I thought I would never get married or have a family and now its all happening". They all hug me and I stop crying. I start to laugh and they all laugh to. " Wait till the hens night, its the best", Nyoaki says. " Wait till Derek sees you" Jaide squeals. " wait you said starting a family, your not pregnant are you?" Bethany shouts with her big eyes staring at me. All the girls just turn around and stare at me. "oh god no guys you guys would be one of the first to know.". They all let out a sigh and give me a hug. We all just burst into laughter as we are all in a massive hug.

We all go into the dressing rooms and get out of our dresses. We get back into our comfy jeans and shirts. We walk out and gran our bags and walk out to the front of the shop. " I I would love all the dresses please" I say to Charlotte. " Thats great, we can have the dresses to you 1 week before the wedding. We have all your measurements so thats perfect". I nod my head and look over at the window.

In the window I see the cake I want. Its a lovely plain white cake with Two cowboy boots on the top. " I want that cake" I squeal. I point to the cake in the window. "Great choice" Charlotte says. The girls all nod and smile. " Its a lovely cake" all the girls say.

"Would you like to pay now or latter?" Charlotte asks. "now please" I reply. I hand her the money and she gives me a smile. The girls and I walk out of the store and hop into the ute. I look over and see that the boys have left. I can't believe my wedding is in 1 and a half months. Im very excited and nervous at the same time but knowing I'm going to be with the one I love is amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We drive into the middle of town and stop out the front of the Boot Barn. We go inside and the first pair of boots I see are the ones I want to wear on my wedding day. They are just a Brown Leather boot with Purple Diamonds on it. They are perfect. They match my dress and they are the kind I have always wanted. I grab my size and I go and find the girls.

I find them around the corner all holding a Pair of boots in their hands. "We found the ones you were looking at on the internet" Bethany says as she shows me the boots. "Great lets pay for these so we can head home. Im stuffed and I need to go see how Delighla is"

I go up to the counter and purchase all the boots. We jump into the car and race off home. My favourite song comes on, ( She's in love with the boy, By Trisha Yearwood). We sing our hearts out to all the songs and talk about the wonderful day we had.

Spending time with my best friends makes me so happy. I feel sometimes that I get lonely, but when they turn up I have always got someone to tell my problems to. Best friends are the best treat them great, because they deserve it.

Authors note.

If my best friends are reading this, you are awesome.

I love you guys so much xx

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been really busy and just wanted to see if many people would read which many have. I love when people comment and vote and I love to have a conversation and answer questions.

Don't be scared,

Vote and comment. xxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250 33 11
Twenty-two year old, Margaret, Maggie, Prince have never had an easy childhood. With her parents favoring her twin more than her, she began to try to...
676 12 26
After getting her heart broken by the man she was ready to give it all up for, Raven Jocelynna goes back to her home, once again thrown back into her...
118K 4.1K 35
June Hazard grew up around bucking bulls her whole life. Her dating life is a lot less complicated than training and caring for over twenty of these...
711K 6.3K 7
Second Chance Romance Love-at-first sight--faster-paced love affair Single father Surprise baby HEA standalone Five years ago, my life changed wh...