Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Amy POV
I Quickly grab Tucker and saddle him up. I jump on him and we ride to the arena. We pass lots of people and they all wave as I race to the gate. As we get there I see all the bull riders lined up on the shuts getting ready to watch barrels. I instantly spot Derek and he is wearing his red chaps black shirt with his protective vest over the top and he is holding his rope. He looks so handsome, and dreamy, oh and don't forget sexy!!

The announcer calls my name and I jump out of my day dream. I must have started to blush because all the girls lined up were laughing. I hear people cheering my name. This just makes me so happy because they all know who I am. I see the girls all sitting in the stands and the boys sitting with Derek cheering. I go up to the gate and stand their for a while getting ready. I kick Tucker. He takes off and clears all the barrels perfectly. It's been ages since he has done this. He seems very proud because he holds his head up high. We run on home and the announcer says " Amy that was a great ride and I'm proud to announce that you have a time of 13.22 seconds, you are now in the lead with only 2 more racer to go. Good luck". Tucker and I rode out of the gate and stood at the fence watching the next to girls race. I give tucker a big bat down the neck he is still holding his head up high. They did so good but the announcer wouldn't announce their times.

We had to all go into the arena and wait. Tucker was getting a bit restless but he stood still.  The announcer said " What a wonderful ride these girls did today and there was even a arena record. This girl that has won today and has broken the record has also won the last barrels as well. I think we know who this girl is. It's Amy Johnson and this is her 5th arena record broken. The old record at this arena was 13.35 seconds and  Amy managed to get 13.22 seconds. Congratulations Amy" Everyone cheers and shouts my name and the other competitors shake my hand. They hand me a buckle and I lift it up with pride. I ride tucker out of the arena and jump off. The girls all came over and gave me a hug.

The girls and I were walking back to my trailer to go to sleep when I heard my name being called by a male voice. I turn around to see a very puffed Derek. " Amy...Wait...Up" he says between breaths. " I'm riding tomorrow night and so are you but I was thinking maybe I could take you to dinner". I just stood there shocked while he had his hands on his knees, catching up his breathing. " I would love to" I shouted as he looked up for an answer. " Great pick you up at 6" he says with a very large grin on his face. " ok see you then" I say with a extra large smile on mine.

We say our goodbyes and he walked off to his trailer and me and the girls walk to ours. we all get inside and they all scream. " Holy sh1t Amy your going on a date with Derek. We are going shopping in the morning to buy you a new out fit before you ride at 3.00".

I just laugh at them and get into my pj's. I jump on my bed and snuggle into the bed sheets. They all shove over and we manage to fit them all in. "OK shopping tomorrow morning, ride at three, get ready and off you go" Bethany says as she lays there. "Exactly " the others reply.

We all close our eyes and fall asleep. Hanging with these girls is awesome. They make me so happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to a very excited three girls screaming and shacking me to wake up. " Girls, lets go shopping" they yell and we all scream and yell with excitement. " But first let me get dressed because i am not going out side in my bed shorts and crop top". I get dressed and they all drag me outside. We all hop into my truck and head into town to Cute and Country.

When we arrive we are all welcomed by the lady at the counter and we head straight for the jeans. As we are looking I look up at the mahicans and see this beautiful miss me jeans with aqua diamonds on the pockets. I knew they were the jeans I wanted so I asked if they had any left in my size. The lady went out the back and brought out a pair of jean, "These young lady are the last of these, and your size as well". I was so excited, I thank her and me and the girls go to go look at the tops. We looked for about 10 minutes when Bethany pulls out this gorgeous white shirt with the same colour aqua designs on it. I grab that one and head to the belts.

I didn't need a new belt because I only just brought one two weeks ago, but the girls wanted to look anyway. While they were looking at belts i went to go see the new boots that came in. I was looking around but didn't find any I really liked. I went to find the girls. They came back and in their hands were three different pairs of boots. Bethany held a pair that caught my eye and they were the brown with the same colour patterns as the top on them. I squealed and grabbed them and we went to  the counter to purchase the items and waited for the girls in the truck. They came out 5 minutes latter, and each had a belt.

We drove back to the show grounds and they went to get their horses to saddle up. I chucked my things into the trailer and went to get tucker. It was 1.30 now so I had 1.5 hours till I have to ride. Barrel racing was the last event tonight ending at 4.30.

As I was getting Tucker and tie him to the post to brush him i felt a hand touch my shoulder. Thinking it was Derek I turned around only to see a very drunk Chase in front of me. "Leave Chase" I commend as I turn back around. He just stands there looking at me and says, " we didn't finish the other night". Before I could say anything my fist just happens to end up at his face and he falls to the ground. " Just because I'm a girl don't mean I cant fight" I say as he stands up and runs away. I shake my hand and just get back to what I was doing and finish brushing tucker and putting his saddle on.

After i had finished Tucker and I were off to the gates waiting for our turn. I was sitting on Tucker when I notice Derek sitting on top of one of the chutes. He sees that i was looking at him and Smilies and waves at me. I wave back while watching him mouth the words " GOOD LUCK", I smile back and mouth "THANKS".

The girl before us just took off but knocked over a barrel which gave her a 5 second penalty. It was our turn now and me and tucker stood at the gate. I gave him a big kick and yelled " YAHH". He took off and went around all tree barrels easy and running back home like a rocket. I gave him a big pat and just waited to here my time.

" That was Amy Johnson and tucker with a time of 14.02 seconds which puts them in the lead. We have 6 more competitors then we can announce the winner." The crowd cheers and I see Derek with a massive grin on his face. He looks over at his mates and starts talking to them. They all turn around and look at me them look back at Derek. One off them looks at him with a face that says, "wow you hit the jackpot with her". I smile and turn back around to watch the other girls.

The last girl was riding and she did very well. It was now time to find out who one tonights round and we were all very nervous. The announcer spoke..... " and the winner is........ Amy Johnson with a time of 14.02 seconds, closely followed by Bethany Kelp with a time of 14.23 seconds and our third place is to Suzie Love with a time of 14.43 seconds. Congratulations girls" The crowd goes wild and I just smile while collecting my prize. As i finish i lead tucker back and un tac him. I brush him down give him a treat and put him back into his pen. it was now 5.00pm and I had to get ready for my date. Wow I'm really excited but nervous at the same time.