The Alpha's Mark

By CeCeAnnT

Ray's messed up. In all ways possible. But she has a reason to be, right? No place to go. No shoulder to cry... More

The Alpha's Mark
Better Kiss My Ass Goodbye.
A Storm Of Confusion.
The Nerve Of Him.
Misunderstood.
A Fist Full Of Love.
Self Control.
Gage's Psychotic Girlfriend.
Who The Hell Is Avery?
Setting Myself Up For Disaster.
Food Fight!
Poisonous Kisses.
Marked.
Dead End.
Finding Dustin.
A Different Side Of Gage.
If Looks Could Kill.
Dinner With The Greens.
Music To My Ears.
Hello, Temptation.
Over Protective, Much?
The Date.
Where Loyalty Lies.
Friend or Foe?
Decisions.
Ava Returns.
Too Close For Comfort.
Fighting To Be Free.
Epilogue.
Finding Dustin - Spin off!

Coming Undone.

123K 1.7K 236
By CeCeAnnT

---------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED.

---------------------

                                                I stood, watching the scene unravel with my mouth a gape. What the fuck is going on?

 The clothes I once had in my hands, dropped to the floor.

Right away, they pulled away from each other at the sound of the thud and turned to look where I stood. They watched me with widened eyes. And I did the same.

Dustin was the first to step forward, waving his hands back and worth rapidly. "It's not what you think, Ray."

I shook my head, pressing a hand to my forehead. I looked to the ground. What the hell was I thinking, exactly?

No main thoughts settled, they all buzzed around at once, like a pack of angry bees.

I didn't know what I felt, either. I mean, I had just caught Gabby and Dustin kissing. Gabby and fucking Dustin kissing!

Should I be angry? Should I be disappointed?

Why would I be angry?

Because Gabby broke the 'girl code.'

I had even remembered her preaching she wouldn't move in on Dustin or something. Now here she was, kissing him.

But it's not like Dustin's was mine to claim. For all I know, I didn't really like him.. Still, I found excuses to be angry at her.

It wasn't the fact she kissed Dustin that hurt me, it was the fact she didn't keep her word, and preached about this damn girl code.

Seems she needed to study the rules after all, not me.

My eyes darted to where they stood. Dustin refused to meet Gabby's pleading eyes, he looked directly at me the whole time. "I don't really know what to think right now." I said, quite breathless.

Dustin nodded. "And that's totally understandable, because-"

I cut him off, holding up my hand. "Please don't talk. I'm just going to back inside and pretend I didn't see this. Okay?"

Dustin made another move to approach me. "But you need to un-"

I ran off with that, back in the house, slamming the door shut. This caught the attention of Gage right away. He popped up from his seat right away. "What happened? Is that damn wolf out there again?"

He came rushing over to where I stood, getting ready to open the door, but I pressed my body against it, blocking him from getting out. "Um, no, no. It's nothing."

Gage eyed me, obviously not buying it. "Then why'd you come running into the house?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I saw.. A rat." Actually two rats making out, one of them was your sister!

He raised both his eyebrows at me. "A rat?"

I cleared my throat and reached him, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "Yeah. They could have had rabies or something. So I ran."

"That's a shitty lie, Ray."

"What makes you think it's a lie?"

"Because you've been fidgeting. You fidget when you lie."

"Really?" I said, faking shock. "You noticed that? I always thought I was a good liar."

He rolled his eyes at me and moved me away from the door. "You're also shitty at changing subjects of conversations." He placed his hand on the knob of the door, and that's when I freaked.

I sprung forward and mustered all the strength I had in my body to shove him to the floor. I went tumbling down with him.

We hit the floor pretty hard, but nothing to bruise us. Right now, I wasn't concerned about getting hurt.

I hurried up and cracked open the door. I saw Gabby there, staring at the ground. Dustin was in no sight.

So I did all this for nothing?

Why was I even helping Gabby? Because I still cared. God, It was then I actually grew to care for these people. It was crazy.

Even though Gabby had done the unspeakable, I would still help her out.. Dang, I am one good friend, if I say so myself.

"Ray, what the hell!"

I heard Gage shout and I glanced at down at him. I smiled timidly at him, while he glared at me. "I thought I saw a bug on you?" Even though that was supposed to be a statement, it came out as a question.

Wow, I was a shitty liar.

Gage pulled himself up with a gruff. "So you tackled me to kill it?"

I shrugged my shoulders in a, 'I-don't-know-gesture' "I thought it was a black widow."

He let out a low growl. Ready to grab me when the door opened, revealing a distraught Gabby. 

Gage noticed the look on her face right away. "What's wrong with you?"

Oh, nothing. She only just made out with Dustin.

Gabby seemed to mope her way to the couch and she fell onto it with a sigh. "Nothing."

Gage snorted. "Did you see a rat, too?"

I glared at him, crossing my arms over my chest. Gabby looked at him, clearly confused. "What?"

He chuckled and nudged his thumb in my direction. "Apparently, Ray saw a rat, and when I first asked she said, 'nothing' she wouldn't even let me outside. She ended up tackling me like a mad woman!"

Gabby's eyes darted to me, and her features remained scrunched in confusion. "You saw a rat?"

"Yeah." I said. "Two of them, actually. Just outside the door. I was quite shocked when I walked out and saw."

Gabby caught along right away, and her features dimmed with horror that I was talking about her. And not actual rats. "And you tackled him because..?" She trailed off.

"I didn't want him to see them. They were.. Hideous. With their little beady eyes and such."

Gabby gulped and nodded. She understood that I had tackled him so they wouldn't be caught talking or whatever.

Biatch better be grateful.

Gage looked between the two of us. "I feel something is going on that I don't know about."

"Don't worry about it." I said, mocking his words from earlier.

He rolled his eyes once again at me. "I won't, probably some girl shit that I don't want to know about."

I met Gabby eyes in a silent understanding. She begging me not to tell Gage anything about it.

I had just gone out of my way to hide it - Hello, I tackled the guy! - What made her feel that I actually was gonna tell?

I faced Gage and let gave him a strained nod. "Yeah.. girl stuff."

                                                                  That night, as I stood in front of the mirror, brushing out my wet curls and smoothing over my sweats and shirt, I felt more than just nervous. Why, you may ask? Because of the fact I was now living in Gage's room, not my own. Plus, the thought of sharing a bed with him freaked me out.

Yeah, I had been stuck living in his room. He didn't seem to drop the whole wolf thing. He claimed it was for my 'protection.' But I also had a feeling he was doing this because he loved to see me miserble.

Or he just loved to see me.

I laughed at that thought. Of course I think of something in a matter like this. 

I couldn't even wiggle myself out of it. I had already done all the kicking and screaming I had in me about five minutes ago. It didn't work. He just picked me up and took me to his room. He was determind to keep me in sights. I bet the fact I was taking long in the bathroom was killing me.

He probably thought I was trying to escape.

Secretly, I was. But they were no windows or anything in the bathroom, so I was just stuck here with him..  

Why wasn't that thought repulsive?

Because you want to be with him.

And I want you to shut up, frankly.

There was a knock at the bathroom door, and a shout followed. "You better be not trying to escape!" I glared at the door, hoping it would burn holes right through it, to him.

"I'm not! Leave me alone."

"If you're not out in a minute, I'm coming to get you. Hurry up."

I sighed in aggravation and walked to the door, flinging it open with a annoyed look on my face. "I'd appreciate it if you at least leave me to some privacy."

He shook his head, and gripped me by my waist. "I rather not." With that, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I gasped and hit his back.

"Let me down, you idiot!"

He let out a throaty laugh and made his way over to the bed, dumping me down on it. I bounced up slightly on the mattress right when I hit it. But it didn't stop me from kicking Gage in his stomach. "You don't go around picking people up like that!"

He fell down on the bed as well and crawled up to the head of the bed, and fell against the pillows. "Oh hush and go to bed, princess."

"Stop telling me what to do. I'll go to bed when I please!" 

He groaned and slid down the bed, wrapping his arm around my waist and dragging me up to the top with him. 

  He removed the arm from around my waist for a minute, before throwing it back over me and nestling half of his body on me where his thigh rested between both of my legs and his chin rested right on top of my head.        

I struggled to break free, but nothing worked. Gage had been smart to put half of his weight on me. He practically had me caged to his side.

"Stop moving and go to sleep," Gage mumbled tiredly, and I looked to see his eyes were closed and his breathing was slow. I could tell he was falling asleep.

"But I'm not tired." I whinged, pushing at his chest. It only made him pull me tighter to him, like I was some sort of teddy bear.

"Then let's talk about something till you fall asleep."

Okay, I guess it wasn't that bad of idea.. But about what? A light bulb went off right away. "We need to talk to your dad about Avery."

His eyes flew open at that. "Why?"

"Because, what if that wolf is coming after me because he thinks I'm her or something? It's possible. If we find out about Avery, then we can possibly find out about this guy who wants me dead."

He shook his head and sighed. "My father won't talk about her, Ray. You know that."

"I know, I know." I breathed and reached up, messing with strands of his black hair. "But I need to know. I can't stand being left in the dark anymore."

"Then maybe I can get a night light?"

I smacked his chest at his remark. "It's not funny, Gage. I need to know about her. I need to know what the hell is happening."

He leaned down a little, enough to where he pushed his forehead against mine and our noses touched. I saw him lift his hand up and rest it on my face, rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

It was becoming weird how we were so comfortable with touching each other..

"I understand. Look, we'll try talking to him tomorrow, alright?"

I nodded. "Alright. If he doesn't talk, we can always just black mail him. Maybe we can put makeup on him while he's sleeping and then talk a picture of him, threatening to expose it to everyone."

Gage chuckled. "That's incredibly childish, don't you think?"

I frowned. "It worked when I was a kid."

"Yeah, well, I don't think a picture of him wearing makeup is a very big problem compared to others."

I shrugged. "Perhaps.. Oh, I know! What's he afraid of?"

"Well, even though we didn't talk much when we were little, we use to travel a bit. Not that much, because of the fact my dad was terrified of heights. The first time I went on a air plane with him and it got bumpy, he was yelling his head off."

I snapped my fingers. "It's perfect! We can hang him off a side of a building and demand answers!"

"You want me to hang my own father over a building, with the possibility of him falling?" He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Well, I can do the holding him off the side of a building thing. It'd be like good cop, bad cop, I can do the threatening and stuff, while you can do the questioning, but be also comforting."

"I don't wanna be the good cop, though."

"Too bad, you don't wanna hang your dad over a building so I have to do the dirty work."

"Maybe it's because I don't wanna possibly kill my father."

I sent him a teasing grin. "Or maybe you're just a wuss."

He scuffed. "I will not be sucked into your childish ways. So I'm going to ignore that comment, seeing as I have to be the adult here."

I rolled my eyes. "Excuses, excuses."

Gage sighed, brushing some strands of hair off my face. "You're going to drive me insane, you know that?"

I nodded and grinned. "I know."

"How about we just talk to him like a normal person, if that doesn't work, then we can think of something else.. That doesn't involve killing him!"

"But normal is so overrated. And it was just a suggestion!"

He groaned. "Yeah, a horrible one at that."

"Well, I don't see you coming up with anything better." I said defensively.

"I just did."

"Well it sucks."

"You suck. Now go to bed, little evil genius." He resumed the position he once did before, resting his chin back on top of my head. 

"I don't suck," I grumbled. "And it's little Miss Evil Genius to you."

I saw a grin graze his lips at that comment, and he pulled me to where my face was nuzzled in his neck. "Night little Miss Evil Genius."

I snuggled my way to him and mumbled. "Night loser." Before drifting off.

                         The morning came around rather quickly. And for once, I had a very restful night. But it's not like it had to do something with sleeping in Gage's arms. Psh, no way.

It was actually pretty natural feeling when I opened my eyes that morning to see Gage's face. I did my morning routine pretty.. normal, too. So did he. It wasn't as bad as I thought. 

Currently, I sat down at the counter. Watching Gage cook bacon and eggs. My stomach was growling just at the smell of it. I don't think I'd ever been that hungry in my life.

Gage set a plate down in front of me with of course, - bacon and eggs - and a glass of water in front of me. Yeah, you heard me right. Water. Gage had known I hated orange juice, and well, wasn't big of a fan of milk, so he settled with that. I was pleased.

"I don't know how you hate orange juice." He exclaimed, while taking a sip of his own. I watched in digust.

"Cause it's gross. It's all.. strong and sweet and stuff."

"You're gross. And that's the good part of it."

"You suck at come backs." I stated, glaring at him. He smirked at me.

"You suck at cooking."

"You suck at listening." 

That devilish smirk - one I found extremely.. well, sexy - remained on his face. "That's because you talk too much."

My mouth fell open at that and I kicked him in the shin, pretty damn hard, too. Enough to at least make him rub at the spot I had just hit. "I do not!"

 I so take back thinking your smirk was sexy.

"Yeah you do," He raised one hand up in the air, creating a air puppet and pretending to act like it talked. "It's just blah blah blah. Or at least that's what I hear."

"You won't have to hear my annoying voice anymore, then." My nostrils flared in anger as I turned back to my meal, striking the eggs with my fork angrily. He's got some nerve. 

But it didn't stop him from laughing, even though aggravation was clearly written all over my face. "You know I didn't mean it."

"Maybe. But it's fun being mad with you." I shrugged and took a chunk of my eggs, scarfing it right down. Even though he is a douche, he's a excellent cook.

"Why's that?"

"Because then you have to apologize. Starting now, I'm not going to talk to you till you say sorry." I faced away from him completely, getting ready to ignore him when he spun me back around.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry." He said through chuckles.

"That didn't seem like much of a apology. Especially through those laughs."

"How about I make it up to you by taking you out?"

I eyed him suspiciously. "Taking me out?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Like on a date. We could do it tomorrow, after school, towards night time, of course. We can go see a bowling and dinner."

"That seems rather cliche."

"Are you really complaining?"

Even though I kept a bored expression on my face, I was actually squealing with excitement. You have no idea how hard it was to say that.. But it's true. The thought of going on a date wasn't that bad of a idea.

If you get closer to him, it'll be hard to leave. Save yourself the heart break.

"Of course. And I don't know, Gage.." I trailed off, unsure of what to say exactly.

"Come on," He pleaded. "Just one date. If you don't like it, then we don't have to go on another. Plus, what do you have to do lose?"

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I don't know, maybe my heart?

It was just a date. You're not going to fall in love on one date. Right. So, where's the harm? "Fine." I agreed.

A smile broke across his face. "You won't regret it."

"We'll see." I said, groggily. Than looked towards the stairs. "Where is your dad, anyway? Does he stay up in his room?"

"Yeah. Always. You should know that by now."

"I guess. After we're done, we're gonna go see him, right?"

"Yes. Now eat." He shoved the plate closer to me and I forked at my food, taking tiny bites as I thought of how it'd go. I could only hope and pray it'd go just fine. 

Once we were both finished, we made our way up stairs, to the third floor and down the hall to the last door.

Me and Gage stopped right before it and looked to one another. After a minute or two, none of us made a move to open the door.

"Well, are you going to open the door?" He asked. And I bit my lips nervously.

Did I really want to find out about Avery? What if it ended up un-covering something that horrible? That leaked to me?

Now's the time to stop being scared, Ray. You can't run away from the truth.

I so can. I can just ignore it from the rest of my life, yeah. "You know, this is a bad idea. Let's just forget about-" I went to walk away from the door when Gage entangled his fingers through mine, sending me a comforting smile.

"You can do this." He encouraged.

"What if I find out something that.. isn't exactly pleasing?" I whispered softly, and I felt him squeeze my hand.

"You can handle it. And I'll be right here by you. If you ever feel uncomfortable, we can leave. Okay?"

I thought about it for a minute, before nodding my head. "Okay." I breathed, "But you open the door."

He chuckled lightly. "Alright." With that, he placed his hand on the door, pushing it open. I held my breath, squeezing my hand in his.

The door opened fully to see Gage's father sitting at his desk, staring at a picture on his desk. As if sensing us - which, I think he did - he glanced up from the picture, to us. "What do you need?" He asked, right away.

Gage tugged me along to the front of his desk. "Good morning to you, too, dad." Gage said sarcastically.

"I figured we'd cut right down to business, since you obviously aren't here to wish me good morning."

Gage scowled him. "Am I that predictable?"

His father shook his head, "No. But she is." He pointed to me, making me feel awkward.

"Right. Well, she's bad at playing coy, don't blame her." I glared at Gage,  while he grinned down at me.

"Enough with the chit chat. What's this about?" Wow, Gage's father likes to cut down right to business.

Gage motioned me to take a seat in the chair that stood in front of his father's desk. I complied and sat down, seeing as I'd didn't know what I would find out, if I fainted, at least I wouldn't fall to the ground.

Gage pushed the other chair close to mine and took a seat, still gripping my hand in his. He faced his father then. "It's about Avery, dad."

Of course, his father's reaction was to stiffen. I didn't blame him. It was a sensitive subject.. But it wasn't a raw one. This had probably happened years ago, yet he still acted like it just happened yesterday. I understood, in a way. Every time somebody brought up my pack, I acted just like him.. It grew to be a natural reflex about her.

Gage's dad cleared his throat and shifted slightly on his chair. "What about her?"

"Yesterday, when we were playing football, a wolf appeared. Threatening Ray's life. We feel it might be connected to Avery, since Ray hasn't really pissed anybody off. That I know of, at least." Gage explained. His father kept his eyes on Gage the whole time.

He seemed lost for words. And I saw him going to open his mouth. "I fear I can't help-"

"-That's such bullshit."

Both Gage and his father looked towards me, obviously shocked I had cussed just plain out like that. But god damn it, I was so tired of all that lies and secrets. There's only so much a girl can take before she explodes! "You can help. You know about Avery. So do me a favor, man the fuck up and tell her about me."

Gage's father stared at me with his a gape. "Ms. Addison, I'd appreciate-"

Again, I went and cut him off. "Mr. Bardsley, you're walking on a thin line of 'This guy is beginning to piss me off' and, 'This guy is really pissing me off.' This is my life at risk, if you didn't hear correctly. I'm the last thing you have connected to Avery. Do you want me to end up like her? God knows in a ditch or something?"

Still, Gage's dad kept his mouth wide open at me. And I could feel Gage's burning gaze in the side of my face. I looked over at him, he stood blinking rapidly and staring at me. I shrugged at him and gave him a 'What?-I-didn't-do-anything' look.

"Fine."

Mr. Bardsley's voice caught my attention and I glanced over at him. "What?"

"I said fine. I'll tell you about her. But don't expect everything."

"I don't need to know everything about her," I paused, Even though I did want to know all about her, I knew he wouldn't talk, I was lucky getting him to even agree to at least talk a bit about. "I just want to know what she has to do with me. And well, this person who wants me dead."

"Okay. And if we are going to be discussing this, I rather you call me Alexander than Mr. Bardsley."

"I know your name before. But alright."

"How'd you know my name? Did you tell her Gage?" Alexander looked to Gage, who shook his head.

"I had a dream.." I admitted, slowly. "I was Avery in the dream. And we were at some beach. Along with some guy named Jordan Green."

Gage's father shifted again at the mention of the name. "A beach? Jordan Green?"

I nodded. "Yeah. You guys were coaxing Avery, AKA, me in the dream to go into the water. I remember even one of you pulling me down the beach and dragging me in."

I felt Gage squeeze my hand, and I looked over at him. He looked at me concerned. "Why didn't you tell me about the dream?"

I shrugged. "We weren't exactly on speaking terms, Gage." Gage looked pained for a minute, than he directed his glance back to his father, who stared down at his desk.

Alexander played with a pen on his desk. "That wasn't a dream. That was a memory. That actually happened. I remember going to the beach with them that day.." The words died in his throat, and his eyes appeared glassy. He composed himself quickly.

"So.. I had a flashback kinda thing?"

He nodded. "Yes. It appears so. What I don't understand is how." His face scrunched in confusion.

"Maybe we'll figure it out. But for now, tell me about Jordan Green." I commanded. He sighed and looked up from his desk.

"Jordan Green, Avery, and I were.. perhaps sort of friends. We were, before the whole love mess occured. Before Avery moved to town, we were friends. Seeing as our fathers were both powerful alpha's. It was only natural we hung around one another," He said. "Then Avery came along. She was sixteen. And probably one of the most prettiest girl's we'd ever seen. A year passed, we grew to get along.

Then around that time, when we went to the beach, both me and Jordan were beginning to like Avery. More than just being a friend. It reached a point when we were all in some weird love trainangle. Me and Jordan were ripped a part, and we started hating one another, because we both wanted Avery."

I digested the information, nodding.

I realized that history seemed to be repeating itself. I mean, with Dustin and Gage-

Wait. Had he said they were both the alpha's sons? Jordan Green was Dustin's father.. right? "Is Dustin, you know, Jordan's son?"

He nodded sadly. "Yes."

"So that means the werewolf gene would have been passed down to Dustin, right?"

"It's possible. But Jenna is a human. So, maybe not."

Gage stepped in at that. "The werewolf gene is more powerful than the human gene. He should have inherited it. If he is one, I haven't picked up a scent on him." 

Before Alexander got the chance to talk, I asked, "So, Decklin is his son, too? Do you know what happened to Jordan?"

"Yes, he is his son. And word is he went after Avery.."

I rubbed my temple, feeling frustrated. Nothing added up. "It doesn't make any damn sense."

"The only other pack around here is their's, right?" Gage asked, Alexander shook his head.

"After Jordan left, the pack fell apart. Since they didn't have a alpha. Nobody knew if Decklin was werewolf at that time, since he hadn't shifted, so he couldn't take over."

I played with the hem of my shirt the whole time he spoke. "You don't know for sure if Decklin is a werewolf, then?"

"No."

I sighed and looked towards Gage. His eyes met mine, before looking back to his father. "What if Decklin is the wolf that's going after Ray?"

Why was everything so fucking confusing? "Why would he even come after me? He has to be smart enough to know I'm not actually Avery."

Alexander seemed overwhelmed at the facts we were only discovering, too, since he leaned his head on his hands, staring down at his desk. Looking more than just frustrated. "Perhaps he thinks you're connected to her. And since his father left because of Avery, he may think getting to you, is getting to her. He's angry, by the looks of it. He thinks Avery tore his family apart."

The same question nudged at the back of my mind. "Avery ran away, yes?"

Alexander gave me a stiff nod. "Yes."

Then how was I connected to her? Was I related to her? It didn't make sense if I was, because I was having flashbacks of being her..

"Then how am I connected to her? She can't be a relative. It's not possible. I have dreams of me being in her body, of you, Jordan." I said all in one breath, "What if she died?"

Alexander flinched at the word, but thankfully, he remained some what calm. "Maybe."

I looked to Gage, feeling frantic. Once again, our eyes met. He understood how I was feeling. I felt his thumb brush over my knuckles, he was trying to calm me down. Yet it wasn't working. I saw him press his lips in a thin line. He was holding something back. "What?" I asked, "I can see you're holding something back. What is it?"

"Well," He began. "If Avery did die, then what happens if Ray is a reincarnation of her or something? I mean, just think about it. The dreams you've been having and stuff as her. The way you look like her. The way you act like, well, according to my dad.."

I shook my head, no, no, no.

I looked to Alexander, "Is that possible?" I whispered.

He nodded. "Anything is possible. And it explains a lot."

I stared at ground, running a shaky hand through my hair. I let out a ragged breath. "Oh my god. So, what, I'm her?"

Alexander laughed slightly. "In a way, yes. But in a way, you aren't."

I didn't seem what was funny here, yet he still laughed.

I felt a hand touch the side of my face and I looked towards Gage. "You're not Avery. You're Ray. Just Ray." He mumbled, reassuringly.

But I didn't feel all too reassured. I think it showed on my features that I was panicking. "Please tell this is a joke."

He shook his head and smoothed his hand over my cheek. "It's not, Ray. But it explains a lot.. Doesn't it?"

I hated to say it, but it did. The reason all this was happening was because I was.. A reincarnation of her. The wolf, might, and probably is Decklin, who's coming after me because of Avery. She tore his family apart, apparently. It explained all the crazy dreams, as well.

What a damn twist.

The only thing that confused me, was Dustin. Was he a werewolf? Had he been lying to me? How the hell hadn't I picked up on it?

"The only thing I don't understand is Dustin. Is he a werewolf?" I asked, and Gage nodded.

"It's possible, Ray. The other night, when we got into that.. discussion, he pushed me. Not enough to me go flying back, but enough to jolt me. A normal human wouldn't be able to do that."

I bit my lip, again. "Yeah, but don't you think we'd pick on his scent?"

"It's possible they could be masking it." Alexander spoke up and I glanced to him.

"How?"

He shrugged. "That, I don't know. But they are ways to do so."

"Why would he mask his scent? If he thinks I'm human?" I questioned. Again, Alexander shrugged.

"Maybe he knows you aren't human."

I got up from my seat, suddenly. Feeling like I was gonna burst. I slipped my hand out of Gage's grip and buried both my hands in my hair. "This is so confusing!"

"Soon It'll add up. In the end, it'll all be revealed."

I glanced at Alexander. "You think so?"

"Yes. It always does."

"I just don't think I can wait that long." I muttered. "All these secrets have been killing me."

"Well, you find out about Avery and why you're connected to her. That's one cleared up. You know that Decklin is probably the wolf, that's another, and you know Dustin might not be human."

"Yeah. That's true." What else did I really need to know?

Why you killed your parents, perhaps?

"Reincarnation is a rebirth of a soul or some crap like that, right?" I blurted. Both Gage and Alexander nodded.

What if the part that was really Avery was my wolf? It explained the horrid dream. But that was just a theory. Just like the rest of this.

Even though I felt like all of this wasn't just theory's, exactly.. It felt like the truth.

I groaned and fell back into the chair. "It does clear up a lot. You know, all of this."

"It does. Now I know who the hell to kill." Gage agreed.

"You can't kill Decklin. We don't know for sure."

Gage let out a sigh of frustration. "Maybe not. But I'm damn well determined to find out. I'm going to do some scouting. If it turns out it's him, I'm gonna kill him."

I agreed silently and looked towards the ground. Things just got a lot more interesting.

                                                                    Gage and I left a few minutes later, seeing as all the things we needed to be answered was.

I still hadn't grasped the concept of it all. I kinda refused to even think about it - it was all too much at once. I just needed to get my mind off of everything. I needed some sort of distraction.

Gage had left after. He claimed he was going to search the area. But he was probably going to comfront Decklin. I didn't even stop him.

I sat on the couch, all by myself. Which left me to the torturing thoughts. I groaned and grabbed a pillow, burrying my face in it and letting out a scream.

"Are you okay?"

I pulled the pillow away from my face, only to see Gabby standing there in front of me, looking anxious while she played with her fingers.

I eyed her for a minute. "I'm fine." I spat harshly.

She sighed and went to take a seat on the couch, when I searched out my legs, taking up all the couch space. "Sorry, no space left."

 She looked hurt at my words. "Ray, please."

"

"I know. I broke the girl code. But I didn't mean to - It's just.." The words died in her throat, and she stared at the ground, avoiding my glare.

I didn't know why I should even be mad at her. Like I said before, Dustin wasn't my boyfriend. So if she kissed him, did it really matter? It didn't.

I sighed. "Gabby, just tell me one thing. You don't like him, do you?"

She shook her head quickly and waved her hands frantically. "No! God no."

"It's okay if you do. But I mean, it's no biggie. Let's just forget it, alright?"

She agreed and I moved my legs away from the couch, letting her take a seat. She plopped down next to me.

"So.." She trailed off, obviously trying to make conversation.

"Gage is taking me on a date." I blurted, and Gabby looked over at me with wide eyes, and a giddy smile.

"Holy crap! Really?"

I nodded, letting a smile graze me lips. "Yeah."

"This so calls for finding the perfect outfit! Oh my gosh, first we have to do your hair, then.."

She went on to gush over what I'd wear, how I would style my hair, how I should act, how I should act. All that jazz.

The whole time I smiled and nodded. But something always remained in the back of my mind..

Everything was finally coming undone.

---------------------------

Soooo, that's it! Sorry if it was a bit boring, but this chapter was highly needed. I wanted to clear everything up about Avery. Finally, how she is connected to Avery has been answered!

I hope you guys now understand a bit more. I didn't want to leave you guys in the dark. Things might still be a bit shaky right now, but through the next chapter, it will all come together.

IF YOU'RE STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THIS WHOLE AVERY SHIZ THEN MAKE SURE TO PM THE QUESTIONS!

Yes, I did have to put that in caps. :P

But I mean, did you see that coming? :D A lot of you thought it was her mom, but nupe.. that'd be too simple.

I think this is one of my quickest updates in a while, too.

Comment, vote, love. <3

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.5K 1.6K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
179K 4.9K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
1.1M 25.8K 19
"You are mine and belong to no one else" he sneered in my face "You're wrong" I mumbled turning my head away "You are my toy and I use you when I wa...
498K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...