I'm What You're Missing || R...

rydelly_belly द्वारा

it's been six years since the austin and ally cast have seen each other as a whole. it's also been six years... अधिक

1 | Falling Apart
2 | Face to Face
3 | Promises
4 | She Has a Date
5 | Slow Dancing
6 | Cuddling
8 | Fourth of July Plans
9 | 4th of July = Fireworks
10 | We Don't Talk Anymore
11 | Nice Guy
12 | Drunken Voicemails
13 | Drunken Words are Sober Thoughts
14 | Stop. Tweeting. About. Me.
15 | First Date
16 | Sibling Bonding
17 | The Edison
18 | Teenage Dreams Come True
19 | One Week
20 | Talk Shows
21 | Family
22 | Wedding Fun and Fights
23 | Happy Birthday, Loser
24 | Promise Rings
25 | Happy New Years!
26 | The Bahamas
27 | Six Months is Only the Beginning
Epilogue

7 | A Backup

4.2K 141 132
rydelly_belly द्वारा

I'm What You're Missing: 7 | A Backup
| Ross Lynch |

"Hey, Laura's coming over really soon." I warn the two of them. "Oh, Taylor, please don't flip the fuck out when she gets here. She's just a normal person like you are." I add, teasing her a bit. But clearly, that was a bad idea.

"Wait, Laura Marano?" She asks. "Singer songwriter, your ex co-star, Laura Marano?" She adds, with wide eyes and all. Nodding my head for clarification, she leans back onto Ryland. "Holy shit, no promises, Ross. She's a mega legend in my book." She mumbles, staring at the ceiling. She is in mine too.

"How long has it been since you've seen her face to face?" Ry asks.

"Um, five days ago, when her and Raini and Calum came by for that live stream." Taylor squeals a little bit. "Oh my god, did you watch that?" I ask.

"Uh, she forced the me to watch it with her." Ryland mutters. "Have you two been talking everyday?" He asks. Damn, Ryland, so many fucking questions. Instead of talking, I nod my head for my answer.

"Do you think she'd be weirded out if I mention my Raura fan accounts?" Taylor asks, out of the blue. Taylor's only 23, meaning she was just 11 or 12 when Austin and Ally began, which makes her a total fangirl of the show. We didn't figure this out until Ryland was dating her for about a month. Apparently, she shipped Laura and I so hard she made a fan account, and yes, she showed us it. Ever since she was 11, she's been a huge Laura Marano fan.

"Please don't. You can mention you're a huge fan, but don't get all creepy. Remember, she's not use to Crazy Tay." How do you think she earned that nickname? Just then, there was three knocks at my front door and we all looked, only to see Laura's back turned to us. I quickly glance at Taylor, who was about to burst at any given moment.

"Hey." Laura says, smiling at us. She was wearing a black baseball hat, a cropped t-shirt and leggings. God she's stunning in anything.

"I can't take it anymore. SORRY, ROSS!" Taylor sprints off the couch and runs to the door where Laura's barely made it inside, and tackled her in a huge hug. "Oh my god, I'm such a huge fan, Laura Marano. You don't even know! You're so talented and amazing and gahhh!" Laura's eyes were wide as she looked at Ryland and I.

"Ryland, she's your girlfriend." I mumble, getting off the couch. Ryland sighs and stands up with me. We both head over to Taylor, but I watch as Ryland gets Taylor off of Laura. "Sorry, she's a big fan." I say, giving Laura my own hug. Once she pulls away, she gives a hug to Ryland. And a very long and tight hug may I add. Nope, I'm not jealous... not at all.

"Gosh, I missed you!" She says, pulling away from their hug.

"Missed you too! And now that you're back... you're not leaving again." He teases, nudging her arm. Taylor squeals again, covers her mouth, and then looks at me.

"Laura, Taylor would like you to know that she watched Austin and Ally when it aired and she watched our live stream Saturday." Taylor raises her eyebrows, to which I shake my head, but then she uncovers her mouth, but Ryland was quick enough to cover it. "And that she had fan accounts." I mutter.

"What? Like a Raura account?" Laura asks. Ryland sighs and uncovers his girlfriends mouth.

"Yes! But not you and Raini Raura, it was more of a you and Ross Raura. You know, like the real kind of Raura." She blabs. Luckily Ryland had a tight grip on his girlfriends waist or else she'd attack Laura again. "Okay okay, I'm done now. I promise I'll be normal." She mumbles.

"You promise?" Ryland asks. "As in promise promise that you won't go and break the second I let go of you?" He adds.

"Yes, that kind of promise." So Ryland listened, and Taylor kept her promise.

"And that is how Taylor got he nickname Crazy Tay by our family." I mumble.

June 30th, 2022

Today's been... interesting. Laura came over and met Ryland's girlfriend, Taylor, who's a huge fan. They got together really nicely and even exchanged phone numbers, which is great for me and Ry. And honestly? I'm silently praying that after tonight, once Laura sees Rydel again, that maybe she'll realize she likes me. I know I know, I'm 26 and I'm sounding like a 12 year old boy.

But I can't keep going on like this. I need her to like, okay love, me back. Sooner or later, I'm just going to sit her down and have a full on conversation with her regarding how I feel. Maybe even kiss her to prove my point. But that's getting ahead of myself. What I really came to write about is me being happy.

I finally have Raini, Calum and Laura back in my life again. It's been awesome, especially when we hang out. And let's not mention, A&A Family <3 group chat is finally alive. I honestly don't know why we ever lost contact. It was so stupid of all of us to do that to each other. We were a huge part of each other's life's. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

I just wish we were teenagers again. And maybe I would've got enough courage to ask Laura it then. Before stupid Andrew came into the picture. I guess everything happens for a reason, hopefully us seeing each other again means something good.

"Ross!" I immediately close my journal as I hear footsteps running up the steps. "Rydellington's almost here." Ryland says, reaching the top of my stairs. I was at my desk, where my computer was, and Ryland eyed me curiously. "What are you writing about in your journal, Ross?" He asks, smirking.

"None of your business." I reply. "I'll be down in a minute." I add, opening it back up.

Let's just hope Rydel will bring up the fact that Laura and I would be a cute ass couple. Well... until next time.

"Do you write in that everyday?" He asks.

"Depends." I shrug, following him down the stairs. "Does Laura still have my phone?" I ask.

"Yup. And she even complained about her contact name on your phone... so she changed it to something else." Ryland replies. "And you probably won't change it because she made it cutesy." He adds. Rolling my eyes, I see Laura and Taylor both sitting on the couch laughing.

"No no, a while back, Ross was walking on a bridge by a swamp when us three went for a hike, and he stepped sideways and fell in!" Taylor laughs out, Laura laughing even louder. Sighing, I walk into the kitchen and grab my water bottle. Girl talk is so weird. Just then, my front door opened and in came a noisy one year old named Jackson.

"Jackson!" I say, scaring him. But once he sees me, he smiles and wobbles his way over to me. Swiftly, I pick up my nephew and spin him around. "Hey, buddy." I say, kissing his cheek.

"Oh my god! She is here!" Rydel squeals. I turn both Jackson and I around to witness Rydel go attack Laura in a hug, kind of like Taylor's, yet Laura did the same thing back.

"Now that is mommy getting crazy." Ellington mumbles, looking right at Jackson. Jackson is a spitting image of Ellington. At first, he was blonde, but now? It's a reddish-brunette. But, he does have Rydel's brown eyes. "How's the Raura subject?" He asks, putting a container in the fridge. 

"No progress." I whisper. "But I'm hoping tonight Rydel kinda brings up old times and I don't know, maybe emphasizes how she misses Laura and I hanging out all the time or whatever. Something to get Laura liking the idea of me and her together together." I say, kind of quietly.

"I can tell her to." Just then, Ryland walks over and smiles cheekily at Jackson.

"My buddy!" I let Ryland take Jackson from me and head over to the living room where the three of them were hanging out.

"Sow here's Jackson?" Laura asks, the second I get to her. I point behind me, which she happily walks to. I stop Rydel before she gets to far and first embrace her in a hug.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Do you think it's possible if you like keep telling Laura how much you miss her and remind her that her and I were so great together back then? And even say we'd make a cute couple now or something?" I ask, hoping she'd do it.

"Trust me, bro. I'm already on it. I already asked how the two of you were doing." I raise my eyebrows, about ready to ask what she said. "Nope, girl code, Ross." Frowning, I let her walk into the kitchen where Laura was holding Jackson and recording her self on my phone.

"Guys! I finally met Jackson Ratliff!" She exclaims. "He's so freaking cute!" She adds, kissing his cheek. I watch as she puts it on her story and then locks up my phone, putting it in her sweatshirt pocket, which, by the way, is also mine. Not that I'm complaining. She can wear everything of mine and I still wouldn't mind.

"Jack, that's Auntie Laura." Rydel says, pinching her songs cheek.

"I'm an auntie?" Laura asks, a big smile on her face.

"Honey, you ain't going nowhere now. We're keeping you on a tight leash. Six years is too effing long. And come on, are you two going to really stop talking again? I'm sure it sucked on both ends." Not exactly what I was going for, but thanks, Rydel.

"Yeah, it sucked." Laura says quietly. "Well, I guess I'll put him down now." She lowers him to the ground, but then he wants back up, so Laura laughs and picks him back up. "Oh my god, I'm getting too old to have a kid." She whispers, admiring Jackson. I'll have your kids. In fact, let's make one tonight.

"You're only twenty-six. My mom didn't have Riker till she was around twenty-six or twenty-seven." Rydel says, looking at Laura. I've slowly made my way to her, so now I'm standing right beside her, messing with Jackson's hair and his face.

"Well, I know. But she was married already. I don't even have a boyfriend." She replies.

"I know a guy who might be interested in you." Ryland says, shrugging at the end.

"I don't need might, I need is." She mumbles.

"Okay, well I know a guy who is very much interested in you." Ryland clarifies. "Actually, you've met him before." My eyes widen when I realize he's talking about me.

"Ryland, she said she's done with the dating shi-stuff." I quickly correct my language. Around babies, we gotta be careful. I give Ryland the, what are you doing?!  look, while he just gives me the trying to set you two up! look. I shake my head and smile at Jackson, who was looking up at me.

"Ross' right. Bad date last Friday." She says, scrunching her nose.

"I heard." Rydel whispers. Laura looks up at me, clearly not amused that I'm the one who must've told Rydel. "Oh come on, Laur. He's my baby bro, of course he'll tell us."

"Um, I'm your baby bro, Rydel." Ryland butts in.

"Yeah yeah, I've got three, Ryland."

"Jackson's so cute." Laura whispers. About an hour ago, Rydel and Ellington left with Jackson. It's around ten o'clock and Ryland had a few beers and so did Taylor, so they decided to crash on my couch, which they do a lot. And right now, Laura and I are on a huge circular chair on my balcony, looking out at the streetlights and people walking.

"Yeah, he's pretty darn adorable." I whisper back, looking at her. "Got room for one more under your blanket?" I ask. She turns her head towards me, smiles, then lifts the blanket up for me to scoot over. "Hold on." I whisper, kinda picking her up. I lay her legs on top of the both of mine and then wrap my arms around torso, sort of closer towards her waist, and nuzzle my head on her boobs or chest, kinda both.

"Aren't you cuddly today." She says quietly, running her fingers through my hair. "Can I stay the night again? Please?" She asks.

"Yeah. But that means sleeping in my bed again." I say, closing my eyes.

"That's fine." She replies. We both stay in silence, the only sound from the streets below and the sound of her running her fingers through my hair. That is, until she speaks up minutes later. "Have you ever pictured your family? Like names and everything?" She asks.

"I have an idea of what I want my kids' names to be. Why?" I ask.

"Just wondering." She mumbles. "What do you want your kids to be named?"

"Well, I like the whole one letter same thingy my whole families got going on. I really want to name my first son Phoenix Michael Lynch. I just feel like Phoenix is a unique name." I whisper.

"I really like Phoenix for a boy." She whispers.

"What about you? Andy kids names you like?" I ask.

"Besides Phoenix?... I kinda like Vienna for a girl. Dylan for a boy. But I'm not picky." She replies. "What if I never get married, Ross? What if I die alone?" She asks.

"You won't, Laura. Someone out there is meant for you. You'll find him sooner than you'd think." I reply. She lets out a whimper. "Hey, say that if either of us aren't in a serious relationship or already married, we'll get married at thirty-five and start our own family. Four or five kids, Laura." I say.

"Like a backup?" She asks. I nod my head, humming a yes. "I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we were to end up together." She whispers. "Alright, you've got a deal, Ross." Smiling wide, I let out a deep breath. "I feel like we should probably head inside and get some sleep." She whispers, patting my back several times.

"You go ahead. I'll be in in a minute." She nods and hands me my phone, which I gladly unlock and head straight for my messages.

To Squad🎤🎸🎹🎧:
So uh, I just made a deal with Laura. If neither of
us are married by the time we are 35 or in a serious
relationship, that we'd marry each other and start
our own family and life together...

I then go and check her new contact name. Laura🤓❤️😘. Laughing slightly, I see that only Ryland and Riker replied out of the rest of the band.

From Ryland:
Nice bro. No wonder why she came inside looking
all happy!!!

From Riker:
Nice, man. Now just tell her how you feel and you'll
speed up the process. Maybe even pop out a kid next
year, Ross. 😂😂

To Squad🎤🎸🎹🎧:
I hate you, Riker.

I lock up my phone and decide to head inside. Ryland and Taylor were both cuddled up on the couch with the tv on quietly. Taylor was fast asleep and Ryland quietly high fived me, saying goodnight, and I walked down the hallway to my room where Laura was already under the covers.

• i've come to the conclusion that chapter length and words will vary depending on my mood. like this is a little more than my other chapter i said that was long. so basically, don't expect a certain length chapter cause they gonna be different every time 😂. hope you enjoyed the raura in here! please vote, leave a sweet sweet comment and follow me! love you, babes💜

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

89.5K 2.2K 26
Ross and Laura met during their filming of Austin and Ally. Even though it ended, they are still the best of friends. They feel 100% comfortable arou...
34.9K 1.7K 23
"You love me right?" She asked him. He smiled. "Who wouldn't?" He asked kissing her hand. She smiled pulling him in for a kiss. "Promise to not forge...
6.5K 253 17
HIGHEST RANKS ~ #2 in raurafanfiction (08/19/2021) God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you. ~ "What if...
True Love/ Raura gresi द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

112K 2.3K 24
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...