Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario

3.7K 145 30
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite 

 As my aunt walks around the table, Luka then looks at the contents of the cup, almost instantly his eyes light up again, I lean over slightly and take a sniff myself, I can tell just by the scent that it's chocolate milk, Luka then sniffs it and slowly drains the cup dry. Luka then looks over towards my aunt, who's across the table pouring my uncle his cup of coffee.

"Dang, Aunt Sherry, you do have me pegged" He says, "Can I have some more please?"

"Told you so" She says as she comes back around and takes the glass from him to refill it.

I look down at my plate containing scrambled eggs, two large cinnamon roll, freshly made cinnamon toast, and oatmeal and smile. This is going to be a great morning. I think to myself before I start to dig in.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

Over the next hour the five of us stuffed our faces with the food on the plates in front of us, now we're all sitting around the table letting our food digest and making small talk as we do so. Well I should say most of us are, Luka's busy cleaning his seventh plate, something tells me that he missed my aunt's cooking, or any home cooking in general. My aunt's over at the counter fixing two plates for our house guests that have yet to make an appearance. I look over at the two plates, I sure hope she can stomach all that. I think to myself.

Suddenly my uncle speaks up. "So Sophie, now that we've told you what happened out there, you tell us what's new around here" My uncle says, sitting up in his chair.

"Okay, what would you like to know?" I ask him.

"Like when did we get dungeons?" He then asks.

"Well that's kind of a long story, but I'll do my best" I tell him, before I begin. "One day almost a year ago now, Beta Chris took Andrew and Dylan on a scouting trip. Now originally they were going out to scout out some new deer, but instead they found about fifty miles of territory that we didn't know about, and even though it was faint it did have this packs sent on it, so we knew it was ours. With the help from Art and all the other pack members, we started building on it, and haven't looked back since."

"What other stuff have you built on it?" Asks Luka, looking up from yet another empty plate.

"Well, let's see. There are the dungeons, which you two already know about. So far there's the new indoor and outdoor training center, that I helped Art build..." I get cut off.

"Indoor and out-door training center?" Luka and my uncle both say in sync.

"Yes, we have a new indoor and outdoor training center, so that if it rains we can still train and still stay dry all at the same time" I say to the both of them.

"You have to take me there as soon as Luka and I get settled in" Says my uncle as his eyes slightly light up.

"I will, don't you worry" I tell him.

"Wait, I have a question, Luka, did you beat my mates butt at racing like I asked you to?" Asks my aunt, walking to the table, I smile remembering the last thing my aunt told him to do.

My uncle looks at her across the table, stunned. "Every single time" Luka replies.

"So you're the one that told him to beat me at every race" My uncle says in shock.

"So what if I had" My aunt then says as she then sits down at the table, Luka let's out a slight chuckle before speaking again

"Has there been any change in the hierarchy" He asks.

"Little bit" I reply. "Chris is now Head Beta, along with Keith. Quinn is just a Beta, he and Keith have watch duty and run patrols together. Maloney and Dylan are our Scouts, or Hunters whatever you want to call them, and ..." I trail off and turn towards Luka, "Luka before I tell you this next part I need you to be open-minded, can you do that?" I ask him.

"What is it?" He asks back.

"Since you've been gone Luka, three wolves, or three brothers have taken your place as the omegas of the pack" I reply.

"What" Luka says, his eyes go wide at the mention of that word. "How could this have happened?" Luka asks, he sounds as if I just threw a bucket of wolfs bane on him.

"Luka since the pack cannot be a true pack unless all the ranks are filled, we have to have Omega's, and besides. They have the proper tattoos on their shoulders, and you didn't" I say, trying to calm him down.

"What are their names, where do they live, and how are they treated?" Luka then asks. With an edge in his tone.

There it is, now he's starting to sound more like an Alpha, I think to myself before I speak. "First off, their names are Kevin, Kyle, and Karl, they live in a little house by the park you lived in when you were the Omega, and all three of them are treated like the babies of the pack, since they are the youngest members of the pack so far, and no they don't get beat" I reply.

"Hey Sophie, why were you..." I cut Luka off. He was about to ask me why was I shifting down in the bunker, but I shot him a look that says, I will tell you later,' and then cut my eyes to my uncle and see him mouth the words 'Your aunt already told me.' Luka then cuts his eyes over to the two extra chairs we have at the table, and then clears his throat before speaking again. "So Sophie, how come there are two empty chairs at the table?" He asks me.

"I..." I trail off unable to speak, I then turn towards my aunt and see her mouth the words 'it's time,' I then scoot my chair back and stand up.

"Where are you going Sophie?" Luka asks looking after me, as I walk away.

"I can't tell you Luka, so I'm going to get someone down here who can" I reply as I walk over towards the staircase, "Hey, are you up?" I ask calling upstairs as I grab hold of the post to the stairs.

"Yes Sophie, I'm up" The male voice replies back to me from the second floor.

"Good, now can you come down?" I ask with a slight chuckle. "And while you're at it can you bring me a T-shirt?"

"Sure, any color?" He asks.

"Dark green if you've got it" I reply.

"Can do, be down in just a moment" The voice then says.

I then turn back towards the table and just look at Luka. I just hope he doesn't get the wrong Idea, about this I think to myself as I just stand there and wait for the guy belonging to the voice to come downstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Luka

As I'm waiting for Sophie to come back and answer my question I stand up from the table, as I do, I start to pick up bits and pieces of a conversation, emotions start to bubble up from within me, mostly confusion, but a bit of anger.

"And while you're at it can you bring me a T-shirt?" Sophie asks.

"Sure, any color?" A voice asks, not just any voice but a male voice. Wait a minute, why does Sophie have another male wolf in the house? I ask myself, and my heart goes up into my throat.

"Dark green if you've got it" Sophie says

"Can do, be down in just a moment" He tells her. I don't want to think the worst, but with my heart still up in my throat and my emotions going in a million different directions, that's all my mind can think. Did Sophie get tired of waiting for me to come back? Did she fall in love with one of her other pack members? I ask myself, and then my mind goes somewhere I never wanted it to go.

Did she go back to Ace Summers? After all that mongrel mutt did to her and me, it seems highly unlikely, but still. My wolf howls and then whimpers inside my head, I then stand up clinch my fists, and then I relax and shove the remaining tension down my neck, putting more pressure on my sprained shoulder. If Sophie wants to leave for Ace, or any one of her pack members she can, I just want her to be happy, and if that happiness isn't with me, then so be it.

"Why do you want him to bring down a shirt for you? You've already got one on" Says Shelby after a long time of being silent.

"It's not for me, it's for Luka" Sophie replies.

Now I'm really confused, why would Sophie want whoever's up there to bring me a new t-shirt? I think to myself as I hear faint footsteps coming down the stairs. Here we go, remember, keep it cool. The figure that emerges only a few moments later is not who I was expecting.

The person in question has a medium skin tone, short brown hair, the same as mine and dark brown eyes that are also the same shade. He's tall. Just standing here, we look like we could be the same height, this man also has a line of thick dark stubble both across his top lip and on the bottom of his chin. A few years ago when I was the Omega he was one of my worst enemies, and he might still be if I hadn't found out the truth, the person to come down stairs is none other than Cody Grim.

"Cody, what the heck?" I ask out loud without meaning to.

Him and Sophie then wrap each other in a hug, my wolf starts to growl, he wants to dominate, to show the other male whose boss or rather who is going to be boss, but I push him to the back of my mind and try to calm myself, or at least try to look calm. After a few moments of hugging they both break apart from each other and walk into the kitchen, Cody then gives Sophie the t-shirt as he does so, then his eyes land on me and he smiles.

"Hey Alpha Luka, long time no see. We all heard Sophie's howl last night but some of the other's didn't think it was true, boy are those guys in for a shock" He says walking up towards me, and holding out his hand for me to shake.

If I wasn't any more confused than I was before I am now, is Cody cheating on Heather with Sophie? I ask myself. "Hey Cody, how's it going?" I ask him, firmly shaking it.

"It's been an interesting couple of months" He replies as our hands break free, looking at him now when he's this close, I now realize that I've grown taller than him, he seems to notice this fact as well. "Wow Alpha, it seems in the year and ten months since I've last saw you, you've past me on height, how tall are you now?" Cody asks looking up at me.

"About 6'2, you?" I ask, trying to make small talk.

"Um...I think I'm about six feet tall" He replies, he then pauses for a moment. "You're tied with my older brother" Cody chuckles.

"And speaking of that, Cody, is your brother on mourning patrol?" Sophie asks him, walking over to me with the shirt in hand.

"Yes, he linked me before he and Quinn went off to work" Cody replies to her, stepping back away from me slightly, I'm thankful for the space.

"And Uncle, did Colt give you any more trouble when you shifted back this morning?" She asks.

He shakes his head. "No, he didn't he replies.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that" Sophie says, then she stops in front of me.

"So tell me this one Luka, if it's late January and there's snow on the ground, what are you doing going through bloodstone canyon shirtless?" She asks, holding the shirt out to me.

"Because I would get hot sometimes, and plus, it got to where none of the shirts I had packed could fit me anymore. I even outgrew my jacket, so I started using the jacket you packed for me" I reply.

"Oh, I see" She says.

"Wait, I have another a question for you Sophie" I say, turning towards her, "How did you know Colt's name, both him and Misty's names I might add?"

She just smirks at me as if I should already know the answer. "Because I'm the Alpha, I'm supposed to know these things" Sophie replies, I turn back towards Cody.

I have to ask a small question before I can ask him the big one. "Cody, what do you do in the pack? Do you go on patrols with your brother and Quinn as well, or do you do something else?" I ask.

"Well I did work at Den House as you know, but ever since Elder Liam and you have been gone Alpha, I've been working with Sophie in her office" He replies.

The lump in my throat grows bigger, So Sophie's working with Cody, great, that sure helps calm down the worst case scenario running around in my head, I then take a deep breath. I have to ask Cody this now, otherwise, if we keep talking like this, I might not be able to. "Cody, what are you doing here, in Sophie's house?" I ask him straight up.

Sophie and Cody both look at each other. "You didn't tell him?" I hear Cody mumble.

"I couldn't find a way to tell him, that's why I wanted you to come down here and explain everything" I hear Sophie reply.

"Why am I the one to explain everything to him?" Cody then asks.

"Because you did it Cody, not me" My mate replies, the last part makes heat rush throughout my body, I feel sweat start to form on my forehead, I wipe it away.

Is Cody making Sophie do something that she doesn't want to do? I ask myself. An image then fills my mind so unthinkable that I shake my head to get it to vanish, Sophie and Cody then look back towards me.

"Look Alpha, like Alpha Sophie I can't explain this, it will be too complicated, but I would be happy to show you, if you don't mind" Cody says, he then pauses and looks at me, "But you'll have to put on that shirt first though" He then says, pointing to the dark green t-shirt I've still got in my hand.

"No, I don't mind' I reply, as I then slip the shirt over my head, but as I poke my head out of the head hole I see Cody turn towards Shelby.

He waves at her. "Hi, Shelby, good morning" Cody says.

Without saying anything, Shelby gets up from her chair and walks over towards Aunt Sherry. "I'm going to head over to the pack hospital to see if they need any help" I hear her say, Aunt Sherry nods her head. "Okay Sophie, I've got to head on over to work, I will be back tonight, feel free to stop by if you feel like it. Good to know you're back Luka, I'm so happy for you and Sophie" Shelby calls back to the both of us as she's walking towards the door.

"Alright Shelby, I'll be right behind you, just let me finish up here" Aunt Sherry says, as Shelby walks out the door without one word to Cody.

I turn towards Sophie. "That was weird" I tell her, as I then pull my arms through the sleeves.

"Really, she's been doing that ever since...Well, you'll find out" She says.

Cody then walks over to the counter, where the two plates of food our located and picks one up, he then turns towards Sophie. Sophie, can you get the other one for me please? My hands are kind of full" He says.

Sophie nods and walks over and gets the other plate from the spot on the counter, she then turns towards her aunt. "We're going up stairs for a bit Aunt Sherry, but we'll be back down here soon" I hear her say, she then turns towards her uncle. "Uncle, do you want to?" She asks him, pointing towards the stairs.

He looks back at her. "Your aunt has already told me" He whispers, now I'm scared.

What could Sophie's aunt and uncle know that I don't? That there's a slight chance that Sophie has moved on from me, and wants to be with Cody or Ace, though if this is true and she has moved on, I would much rather her be with Cody then with Ace, but that's just me.

"Hey Luka" Sophie's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, "Are you coming up stairs with us or what?" She asks, the word 'us' feels heavy, but I put on a brave face.

"Coming" I call after, then I slightly bite my lip and follow after them.

"We'll take the elevator instead of the stairs, I think that will be easier since we've got our hands full" Sophie tells Cody as I catch up to the both of them.

"Fine by me" Cody tells her as we make a left towards the stairway.

Sophie pushes the button to go up and we all step on board the doors close, as Sophie reaches out to push one of the two buttons inside, a pay special attention to what number she pushes, and what she does leaves me stunned. Instead of pushing the third button, which would take us to our room, Sophie pushes the second button which will take us to the guest room floor. If the worst case scenario running around inside my head turns out to be true, Sophie could be planning to dump me on the second floor, and then go to the top floor to be with Cody in our room. I hope this isn't the case, but with the flood of emotions I've got inside my body right now, anything's possible.

"So, what time did you get in this morning?" Sophie asks, facing him.

The elevator doors open and we start walking down a very long hallway, Cody and Sophie lead on while I follow behind, since they know where they're going and I don't. I have never been up here before, even when I was the Omega, I would only get glimpses of it when Sophie would take me upstairs to get to our room. We walk all the way down the hallway, and then turn to the left to reveal a white door only about two feet out in front of us. Is that where Sophie will dump me? I ask myself.

"We got in, like, an hour before you two got out of the bunker" Cody replies as we come up to the door, and all the thoughts in my head come to a sudden halt like someone has suddenly stopped a record player.

Wait a minute. Sophie wasn't with Cody last night, she was with me last night, playing around in the bunker, so she couldn't have been with him. Now that I think about it. If Sophie had moved on and wanted to be with Cody instead of me, she would have been outside running around with him, and not down inside the bunker. If Sophie has gone back to Ace, She wouldn't still be living here, or Ace would be the one living with her instead of Shelby. However if this is the truth and Sophie hasn't cheated on me, I still have one question on my mind. What's Cody doing here in the first place? I ask myself, as we walk up to the door.

Cody then shifts the plate over and balances it on his left hand, and pushes down on the gold-plated leaver style doorknob and the door opens with a slight creek. Time for the truth, I think to myself.

"Sweet heart, I brought you your breakfast, and the Alpha and a very special guest are here to see you" Says Cody, poking his head around the slightly opened door, peering into the room.

"Tell them they can come in, but please mind the way I look, I look horrible" Replies a very faint females voice from behind the door, inside the room, Cody then turns back towards the both of us.

"Did you guys here that?" He asks us, we both nod. "Well alright then, come on in" Cody says as he opens up the door wider so that we can all get in

==================================================      

My Cliffhangers are back, did you miss them? In the outline I didn't have the Chapter written as this dramatic, but when I switched point of views, I thought to myself. If I was in Luka's shoes and I came back from a long trip to find my boyfriend was sharing his house with another woman, I would instantly think he's cheating on me, without knowing the facts. Another reason I changed the chapter up a little bit was because my family says I'm the drama queen, so I decided to put that to the test and see how for I could go.      

1. Do you guys thank Sophie's cheating on Luka?

2. Who do you guys think the girl in the room is, and why is she there?

3. Did I put enough emotion is this chapter?      

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 409 14
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
614 9 33
Skylar is an omega in her pack, she is a born leader and only wishes to help her pack. She has secrets hidden up her sleeves that no ones know of and...
455K 25.6K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...
1M 42.7K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...