Various Tokyo Ghoul x Reader

By QueenGuillotine

{Various Tokyo Ghoul x Reader} You're living with your father as a college student with not enough money to m... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

3.6K 58 68
By QueenGuillotine

(You can change the outfit choice and music, it's just things I like that I feel are good and insert them. The only default things in this story is that your hair is on the longer side, you're short, and you're not interested in the female characters (sorry, but as a straight female it's not enjoyable for me to write. But I can make extra chapters not tied to the story if requested!) Thank you for reading!)

The sun shone through the slightly opened blinds as the frail girl opened one eye, laying upon the mattress that lay against the ground. Not much was in her room; a wardrobe, bed, desk, computer chair, and shoe rack. She didn't even have curtains. She slowly stood, her eyes red from the tears of the previous night. She approached the kitchen apartment and she saw her father leaning on the counter, his hands held over his face below his stressed hair that had obviously had hands ran through them frequently. Beside him she saw multiple envelopes, most likely more bills or job offers.

(Y/N) smiled sadly, her eyes glazed over like a fogged mirror with indescribable emotions. "Fired, again? Or maybe denied from another test?" She asked her father, not meaning to sound too malicious, but unable to not feel resentment for their lack of wealth.

His glare shot at her, but her smile remained. "Fired? Yes. But I actually got accepted for a laboratory test transplant for the CCG. That's what I'm worried about. They asked for information from family members, so I had to include background information on you. It wasn't me who was accepted, it was you." His glare softened, he loved his daughter, but they needed the money or they'd both starve soon. (Y/N) choked on her air, knowing all too well her father had lied. He signed her up for that test transplant willingly for the money. They would never accept an old bag like him, but a young girl in perfect health, maybe.

"When's the procedure due?" Her voice threatened to waver and break, but remained cold.

She flinched at his next words, her beautifully sad (E/C) irises finally releasing tears. "Tomorrow. I'm afraid that your safety isn't guaranteed either. Remember that you don't have to do this."

(Y/N) nodded her head solemnly, her cold demeanor returning. She slowly made her way back to her room and dressed in a maroon high waisted skirt, dark grey sweater crop top, and grey thigh high socks. She did her makeup to conceal what she seemed unfit, the redness around her eyes, and the few bruises that scattered her body. Smiling, she reached over to her phone beside her bed. It was one of the luxuries she had, thanks to her job at a small bookstore down a few streets from her home. Texting her best friend, (Y/F), she started a conversation.

(Y/N): Hey hoe. Want to hangout today?
(Y/F): Psh. In your dreams, twerp.
(Y/N): (: I'm so offended
(Y/F): But yeah I'd love to! I actually have been wanting to go to this one coffee shop called Anteiku. I can't stay long, but you could probably bring something to read or something once I have to leave for work!
(Y/N): Sounds like fun. I'll meet you at your place and we can walk together.
(Y/F): Kay! Don't get kidnapped, unless it's a cutie, then introduce me! ;)

(Y/N) had never rolled her eyes so far back into her head. Setting her phone on her bed after putting on a song playlist, she grabbed a bag and looked around the small room. She walked around and picked up two books, her phone charger, earbuds, money, and a change of clothes as she never stayed at her house, she was always out and about. Picking up essentials such as perfume, hairbrush, makeup, and toothbrush, she went to the kitchen. Quietly opening the fridge she took out her container of cookie dough. Walking towards the cabinet she grabbed ahold of a bag of chips.

(Y/N) skidded past her sleeping dad on the couch next to a beer bottle, and picked it up. Her drawstring bag on her back swayed with her as she swayed to the door, taking two sips of the drink before gagging and throwing it in the trashcan and leaving.

She slipped in her earbuds and played 'Bite' by Troye Sivan. Humming along to the music she cheerily skipped through the back roads to (Y/F) house. Sometimes, like now, she could forget about the hard times she's been through and just remember the flutter of happiness coursing through her veins. Little to her awareness,  (Y/N) had been being watched since the moment she turned into an alley, her music distracting her from hearing the gnawing of flesh. ( The rest of the playlist for the walk is: EDEN - Wake Up, Crywolf - Stomach It, Jon Bellion - Guillotine, and Daughter - Run )

The girl's innocent demeanor distracted the ghoul for a few moments, before her scent wafted over towards him. He closed his eyes and smiled, licking his lips softly and wiping the blood from him as he stood. He knew this girl, but couldn't put a finger on it.

"(Y/N)?" He called out, surprised to remember the name. You continued walking, unable to hear his shout at you. You raised a brow as an earbud was pulled out. "Tch. Who would think they could just touch me without even buying me a drink first." You sassily said, irritated that your song was cut short. Turning around your face instantly paled, aside from the faint dust of pink on your cheeks.

"Nikishi-Senpai! I apologize. I didn't know it was you." You quickly stammered out, his face was inches from yours, despite him being much taller than you. You and Nikishi had science class together, though he was a year above you in college. He was a sophomore, and you just had been advanced to have been able to take a sophomore course in science. Nikishi was an old childhood friend, though you two never spoke much anymore. "It's been awhile, I'm glad I ran into you!" You smiled brightly, though your eyes had a slight frosty haze over their once bright (E/C) appearance as a child.

"It's fine, (Y/N)-kun. But it's rather ignorant of you to walk around alone, this close to dark, don't you agree?" At first you were startled at his informality, but shook your head quietly.
"I know what I'm doing. You don't walk around by yourself without a way to defend yourself! Have you forgotten how I was always paranoid? I'd never leave the house being helpless." As you spoke you pulled up your skirt slightly up your right thigh to reveal the small quinqe dagger tucked into your leg holster, giving an innocent smile.

Nikishi's eye twitched slightly, "Impressive. How'd you get your dainty hands on something like that?" He slowly reached for the knife, and you allowed him to take it out of the holster. As he did his hand brushed across your thigh, adding to the rose color on your face. He turned it around and around in confusion, you had changed a lot since he'd last spoken to you. You defiantly had grown into your body, and he had made sure to touch you as he pulled the dagger out of the holster painfully slow. You seemed colder as well, as a child you were happier, he saw through your facade. It was only normal after knowing you for so long, but he had grown colder as well, so he didn't have room to complain.

"I know people who know people who can get me things that I need." Your arms went behind your back as you swayed on your heels.

"Still living at home, even at 19?" He asked in slight confusion.

"Ah, yes. Not enough money to support myself yet." Your smile remained, though it became less genuine as you stared at the knife with Nikishi.

He chuckled and crouched down to lift your skirt up slightly and tuck the knife back in gently. Goosebumps ran along both of your spines and Nikishi smirked as he stood, looking at your flustered expression.

"By the way Nikishi, you didn't have to hide that you're a ghoul." You smiled brightly at him, and giggled at his confusion. "I've known since I saw your sister bringing back a body for you two. (I know she has no name but shhhh) How's Natalie been?" Your expression dropped as you saw Nikishi slightly crumble his demeanor. "Oh, I get it. I'm sorry." You looked to your feet, sad to have lost her. "(Y/N), are you not scared of me?" Nikishi asked angrily.

You looked up at him and smiled lightly, "No."
That one word was enough to send him off on a rampage. His kakugan filled his eyes as he ran towards you, your eyes widened and you attempted to reach for your dagger, but flinched as you saw your sweater was raised and a small bite had been taken from your upper arm.

"Psh. Nikishi, that hurts. You have a perfectly fine body over there" you whined as if he had taken the last cookie, rather than a bite from your arm.

"Are you scared, yet?" He asked with venom laced into his voice.
"It's okay Nikishi. It'll heal." You replied calmly, though you felt dizzy from the wound. He lashed out and bit again, a little deeper than before. He walked backwards a few steps before you shook your head lightly. "What an exciting afternoon." You joked, tears welling in your eyes. "I have to meet a friend, I hope to see you again, Nikishi-kun. Maybe next time you won't try and eat me."

And with those words you walked past your old friend, and made your way to your new one. As you walked you took one of the two shirts you had packed and soaked up some of the blood before pulling the sleeve down. It would be only a short amount of time before it bled through, but you didn't mind.

Staggering to (F/N)'s house, you knocked on the door, using your hair to cover the sleeve as well just in case, and applying a convincing fake smile. (F/N) opened the door with an annoyed look, but glad to see you, she threw you into a hug. "(Y/N)! Took you long enough, let's go!" She grabbed your good arm and ran with it towards Anteiku. Along the way you had grown tired, only having an hour of sleep the night before, and hopped onto (F/N)'s back, your arms around her neck.

Bursting through the door, (F/N) had an excited look on her face. "Welcome to Anteiku." A beautiful young woman with purple hair that covered one of her purple eyes seated you at a table and you slid off (F/N)'s back. "What would you like?" She asked with a smile.

"Vanilla cake, and a medium roast with light creamer and sugar." You answered quickly, always getting the same thing from cafes. She nodded her head and looked to (F/N), "And you?"
"(Y/N) will share her cake with me." She grinned and you shot her a joking glare.
"Okay, it'll be right out."
"May I say that you are very pretty, you should stop working here and become a model!" You blurted out, your filter leaving you, as it did at random moments.
A blush covered her face as she hastily scurried away into the back to prepare your order.

"Really, (Y/N)?" Your friend asked. You nodded your head and laughed nervously, still feeling woozy from the wound. On the television (F/N) heard something about ghouls as the waitress walked over and placed the items onto the table. You immediately dug in and got a bite before sliding it over to (F/N) and pulling the cookie dough from your bag. (F/N) shook her head and giggled at your obsession with cookies.

"So, what do you think about all the ghoul attacks lately?" (F/N) asked, interested to hear your opinion.
"I'm indifferent." You reply as if talking about any old boring news, taking a drink of coffee.
"Well I'm terrified of those nasty monsters. Eating humans like we're nothing." She scoffed.
"Really, (F/N)? I don't see it that way. I see it as us being knocked down a link in the food chain. Have you ever felt bad about eating a chicken nugget, or a steak? Maybe even an egg? It's just another meal to them, as animals are to us. Although you may have felt bad for eating meat, you do it anyways, because without it you'd have less nutrition, right? Well if they don't eat they'll die. So in the end humans are just too afraid to be apart of the food chain. One of man's biggest prides is power, and we're too scared to give it up. We'd rather kill an entire species than learn to coexist." You cheerily ranted about your views on ghouls and took another big bite of cookie dough, the pain in your arm searing through.

Unnoticed by you, everyone in the small cafe had stared at you in awe from your speech. Since it had gotten late the only people inside was the waitress, some old man, and two college students you recognized as being a year behind you. (This is after Kaneki turns ghoul, before he gets kidnapped. So Karou the doctor man who did the surgery still has Rize's body to do more transplants *cough cough* foreshadow *cough cough*.)

(F/N) stood and placed money on the table, speaking hurriedly. "Shoot, I'm late to work! See you later alligator!" She scurried out. Sighing and pulling out a book from your bag, you replied. "In awhile crocodile." Finally the blood seeped through your sweater, "Tsk." You shook your head and placed the book down. Walking towards the counter you noticed the other male worker with an eyepatch who had been on break with a friend earlier staring at your blood, and you offered a reassuring smile. Staggering lightheaded like towards the waitress you smiled as much as your tired self could. "You wouldn't happen to have a hello kitty bandaid, would you?" You joked as the room spun and you lifted the sleeve from your bloodied wound. The waitress was anything but reassuring, her eyes turning black with a red iris as she stared in shock. "Wait if I'm going to die I don't want my last words to be asking for a hello kitty bandaid!" You whined, falling to the floor and breathing heavily. "Shall I make this dramatic, I'll make this dramatic!" You giggled at the hands that wrapped around you to carry you up what you assumed stairs in your hysterical state. "Noooooo! Goodbye, cruel world! And scene." You posed as well as you could and laughed as you were set on a bed, falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 188 32
I don't own the the story of Tokyo ghoul and Tokyo ghouls re or the characters. I only own Yasha and small little plot lines I create. Yasha Natsumi...
17.6K 875 72
The second book of my series of Tokyo ghoul fanfics.
87.3K 1.2K 32
What would your life be like in Tokyo Ghoul? Would you be a ghoul or a human? What if you fell for someone? What if that someone fell for you back? W...
5.2K 193 16
Reader x Juuzou Suzuya Tokyo Ghoul re: Manga and Anime based Completed.