Before We Rise

By Kayla0932

What if the impossible happened? And you can't change what the ending result was going to be? Even if you tri... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 25
Chapter-Not Chapter
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
The Ending

Chapter 22

108 5 0
By Kayla0932

I watched from a little ways down the street as he leaned over the plum. He picked up one with his hand and turned it over. He looked around as he placed the plum back and moved away from the market. I followed him as he walked across the street.

He picked up a newspaper then looked around again, not noticing me. He started to walk backwards then back onto the busy street. I followed him a little ways, knowing where he was going. I slipped through the short cuts, making it back to the apartment before he did. I slid in through the window as Steve turned to me.

"He's coming." I told him. He nodded.

"Heads up, Cap. Special force Germans coming in from the South." Sam told us from his position on the roof.

"Understood." Steve told him. I looked around the kitchen, seeing protein bars and other odd things. I turned slightly, seeing Bucky looking at me. Steve turned and noticed him also. "Do you know me?"

"You're Steve. She's Riley. I read about you in a museum." Bucky answered.

"They set the perimeter." Sam warned us. I glanced at Steve and saw he was a little stiff. He placed the notebook down that he had in his hands and walked closer to Bucky.

"I know you're nervous and you have plenty of reasons to be. But you're lying." Steve told him.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky explained to us. Steve turned to me and I raised a brow.

"They're entering the building." Sam warned us even more.

"Well the people who think you did, they're coming here, right now. And they're not planning on taking you alive, Bucky." I said his name and he stiffened a little. He looked at me, his jaw hardening.

"That's smart. Good strategy." He said.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised." Sam told us.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve told him.

"It always ends in a fight." Bucky explained.

"Five seconds." Sam warned.

"You pulled us from the river, why?" Steve asked him, wanting to know.

"I don't know." Bucky said. The look in his eye told me that he knew that he was lying.

"Three seconds." Sam warned further. I reached down and pulled out a knife from my boot. Bucky gave the knife a look and then back to Steve.

"Yes, you do." Steve accused him.

"Breach, breach!" Sam yelled into the ear piece.

Something busted through the window and Steve knocked it away, bouncing it off the wall. It landed in front of Bucky and he kicked it, then Steve placed his shield on top of it as it exploded. Bucky grabbed my arm and yanked me to him, covering me from the bullets that were shot through the wall. He reached over and flipped the table down the hall, blocking the door. Then people started to come through the windows.

I punched the man next to me then round house kicked him. He fell back but got back up. Bucky punched him and he fell onto another guy, knocking them both down. Bucky moved me forward as the kitchen door busted open and Steve grabbed the man's gun. Bucky kicked the man in the hip and he went flying back.

"Buck, stop!" Steve yelled. Steve grabbed onto Bucky's jacket and he twirled under Steve's arm. "You're going to kill someone." Bucky slammed Steve on the ground and punched the floor next to his head.

"I'm not going to kill anyone." Bucky told him as he yanked up a bag from the hole in the floor. Guess he was prepared for this kind of thing. He chucked it out the window and I'm guessing to the other building.

Another man came in through the window and Bucky shielded me and Steve from the bullets and Steve shielded Bucky with his shield. Then Bucky threw Steve out the door, causing Steve to hit the man that was trying to come in. I picked up my knife that I dropped and threw it at a man who was firing at us. It lodged in the man's side as Bucky slammed on a shelf. The man got up and Bucky grabbed a cement block and threw it at him. It busted as it hit the man and he was knocked into the bathroom.

Bucky looked back at me before slamming his metal hand through the apartment door. He then kicked it down as he started fighting the men at the door. A hand grabbed my arm and I grabbed it, twisting it back. The man yelped and I kicked him away. I heard a crash then I felt glass fall on me.

The man got back up and Bucky grabbed him, slamming him into another man. He jumped on the dangling man, going down a level or two. When I turned, a man shoved me over the railing. Something caught my shirt and I looked up, seeing Steve holding me. He looked at Bucky.

"Come on, man." Steve complained to him as I grabbed onto the railing and swung myself down the level below.

I kicked the two men in my way and they fell back into another two. Bucky appeared next to me as he kicked the man who was in front of a door. I turned and saw a man aiming a gun at us. Steve's shield bounced off the man's head and back to Steve. Bucky grabbed my arm and jumped over the railing. We fell a few stories before he grabbed onto another railing with his metal arm. His hold on my arm tightened.

"Arhhh." Bucky grunted before raising me up slightly. I grabbed onto the railing and climbed over. Bucky climbed over then kicked down another door. He swung me onto his back and started running. Then I saw what he was running which was over the side of the building.

"No, no, no, no." I yelled out as he jumped. He pulled me off him as we landed on the next building. I rolled hard as I saw Bucky get up, grabbing his bag and run. Then I saw a shadow go over me and a man tackled Bucky. They started fighting as I got up. I grabbed Bucky's bag as bullets started to hit the roof near me. Bucky jerked the man off him then grabbed my arm.

He forced me to run with him. He twisted me back on his back then jumped off the ledge again. He landed on another ledge and turned. I saw the man in the cat suit following then Bucky jumped the rest of the way. He let me off and grabbed my hand, making me run next to him.

He dodged the bullets from the helicopter then jumped off another ledge. He caught me before my feet hit the ground but cars jerked out of our path as he grabbed his bag from me and started running again. The cat suit man jumped down then Steve following him. I turned as a bike jerked to a stop in front of me.

"Off now." The boy quickly got off and I got on, and gunned it. I weaved through the cars until I caught up to Steve, hearing sirens coming from behind me.

"Stand down!" I heard from behind me. I glanced back as I drove faster, weaving through the cars. Bucky jumped and ran on top of a car as I drove close to him, already passing the man in the cat suit.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy." I heard in my ear piece.

"Right behind you." Sam said back.

I jerked down on the break as police block our path. Bucky jumped over some barrels then Steve ran through them with a car. I followed, passing him as I chased Bucky. My eyes widened as Bucky grabbed a bike by the handle. The person who was driving it fell off as Bucky twisted it around, getting onto it. He gunned it down the road as I drove faster to keep up with him as Steve followed me.

The man in the cat suit flew past me, at Bucky but Bucky grabbed him by the throat, shoving him down onto the road as he continued to drive. I barely managed to avoid hitting the man as Bucky kicked him off. Bucky threw something in the air and I knew it was a grenade. I passed the opening as it exploded. I saw the man swipe Bucky's back tire, knocking the bike out from under Bucky.

I slammed on the breaks but before I stopped, I jumped off. I ran towards them as Steve tackled the man off Bucky. Bucky got up as I stood in front of him, the man getting up too. Steve held out his arm to keep Bucky at bay. Then a iron man suit landed across from us, aiming at us with the blasters.

"Stand down now." Rhodey ordered us. Steve put his shield on his back in surrender. "Congratulations Riley, Cap. You're criminals." Officers ran to us and they shoved Bucky to the ground. I glared at the man as I held up my hands. Bucky looked up at me as a man came up from behind me, jerking my hands down and behind my back. Turning my head, the man in the cat suit took off his helmet. He stared at me as I stared at him. "Your highness."

The man that was restraining me shoved me forward as I watch them contain Bucky in a box like thing. They shoved me up and into a truck after they got him in. Bucky glared at the man whho was buckling me into a harness. I groaned as he tightened it, causing it to pinched my skin.

"Oww."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 12.6K 64
This book contains Avengers Preferences and Imagines. I am currently closed with requests. Some of the characters included are; Steve Rogers (Captain...
1.1M 24.7K 90
Requests are closed Included: • Steve Rogers || Captain America • Tony Stark || Iron Man • Bruce Banner || The Hulk ...
535 48 16
BOOK 3 OF THE STEVE SERIES After being on the run for years Vi finally heads back home with Steve and the others who also fled. Now reunited with the...
524K 14.2K 41
Ever wondered how it would be like if you were a character in a Marvel movie/TV show? Ever wondered what it was like to date or be best friends with...