Me and My Shadow Enter the Na...

By WhisperedLightning

Leaha Lateire had been living a lie for the entirety of her 15 years of life. Keeping the truth about herself... More

Chapter 1 -Yeah that's me... err, us
Chapter 2 -What the hell just happened?!
Chapter 3 -You totally jinxed it!
Chapter 4 -Oh no, not you again
Chapter 5 -Dreams and invisible chakra
Chapter 6 -The new kid's a mind reader?!
Chapter 7 -A neighbor, a friend, a traitor and a demon
Chapter 8 -Kale's a woman and fan girls are sheep
Chapter 9 -A show, teams and intros
Chapter 10 -Blue eyes and jingle bells
Chapter 11 -Our first mission! Well... first REAL mission
Chapter 12 -Blushing birdy Sasuke and Zabuza the hot rouge ninja
Chapter 13 -Monkey see monkey do, I just beat the crap outta you!
Chapter 14 -Midnight escapades
Chapter 15 -Tree climbing training and heart to heart tips
Chapter 16 -A stalkers excuse, a little brother and talking stones
Chapter 17 -Chihuahua's are epic fighters
Chapter 18 -Battles end, lines crossed and words left behind
Chapter 19 -Hotties galore, the competition arrives!
Chapter 20 -Hello Sensei, remember me?
Chapter 22 -Interviews and the true enemy appears!
Chapter 23 -That is Orochimaru and this is my soul mate
Chapter 24 -The Nightmare
Chapter 25 -Unforeseen complication
Chapter 26 -I spy with my little eye...
Chapter 27 -Let's get this party started!
Chapter 28 -The first rounds commence
Chapter 29 -The second batch of fights
Chapter 30 -To fight or not to fight... that is the question
Chapter 31 -Happy birthday, would you like flowers with your kunai?
Chapter 32 -Prowlers that travel the darkened shadows
Chapter 33 -The third round begins, a ninja back from the dead?
Chapter 34 -Winds and Shadows
Chapter 35 -Dosu, the the lost ninja's fight
Chapter 36 -The hidden card is finally played
Chapter 37 -Destruction and corruption
Chapter 38 -Protection
Chapter 39 -A promise kept... goodbye
Chapter 40 -Hate between brothers
Chapter 41 -The importance of the water balloon
Chapter 42 -Lady Tsunade
Chapter 43 -We meet again
Chapter 44 -So close... but to what?
Chapter 45 -Todoroki last mission?
Chapter 46 -The race is on
Chapter 47 -An auspicious day
Chapter 48 -The collectors
Chapter 49 -Sasuke retrieval squad
Chapter 50 -The sound four
Chapter 51 -One by one

Chapter 21 -Test cheaters and their nerdy trading cards

8.5K 239 62
By WhisperedLightning

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 21 -~-

Just as we were about to enter the room, Kakashi appeared, “I’m glad you came Sakura, for your sake and the others’…” “Huh?” “Now, you can all formally register for the Chunin Exam, you see only groups of three… in this case four, are allowed to apply for and take the exam, that’s the way it’s always been.”

“But Sensei, but you said the decision was up to the individual,” Sakura said. “That’s right, I did, I didn’t tell you before because the others might have pressured you. At the same time, I didn’t want you to feel obliged to participate because of any feelings you might have for Sasuke.” A smile slowly creeped up my face, “or Naruto,” he added as a second thought.

 “I wanted you to come to a decision of your own free will.” “So you mean if I hadn’t shown up with the others…” “It would have been the end of the line,” Kakashi finished for her. “I wouldn’t have been able to let them in, but that’s a moot point, you’re all here and for the right reasons. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke and Saki… I’m proud of you, I couldn’t ask for a better team,” he gave a close eyed smile. “Good luck, he moved away from the door, the others stepped forward but I held back for a moment.

 “Thanks Kakashi, you’re the best sensei I could ever ask for,” I gave him a quick tight hug… just in case. He stood there frozen and speechless; I walked back over to the others and walked inside, I gave him one last smile as I closed the door behind us. I took a big breath before turning around and joining my team; this is it, show time.

 “W-what’s this?” Naruto paled at the huge number of people in the room, “Gee I guess we’re not alone,” Sakura paled as well. My heart beat sped up a bit in nervousness, wow there are a lot more people here than there were shown on the show. “Man, I had no idea there would be so much competition,” Sakura whispered. “Sasuke where have you been!” a voice yelled.

 I wrinkled my nose in distaste as Ino jumped on his back, hooking her arms around his neck. “Boy you have no idea how much I was hoping you’d show up here, I missed those brooding good looks of yours,” she purred. "EWW Sasuke there’s a leach on your back," I pointed to Ino, she glared at me. “Don’t worry I’ll get it!” I chirped, I brought a bit of shrouded chakra to my finger and poked each of her arms quickly, zapping her with a tiny, but painful shock. “OW!” she screeched, jumping off him immediately.

 I grinned, very happy to be the cause of her pain, Sasuke smirked at me. “What?” I narrowed my eyes at him. “HEY YOU PORKER BACK OFF HE’S MINE!” Sakura yelled in the background. “Miss Forehead, they let you in? Still got those big frown lines on your big billboard brow I see,” Ino retorted. “Nothing,” he smirked again, I just glared, turning away and ignoring him. “Leave my forehead out of it!” “Nahhh!” Ino pulled her eye down and stuck her tongue out at her.

 “Oh it’s you guys, I knew this was gonna be a drag but I didn’t know it was going to be this lame,” Shikamaru sighed, walking up to us. “Hey Choji,” I smiled at him; he nodded in my direction and continued to eat out of his seemingly bottomless bag of chips. “Shikamaru, you think that badly of me? I’m hurt,” I put a hand to my chest dramatically. He smirked, “Actually I was referring to your teammate over there,” “So all three stooges are here!” Naruto said, walking over.

 “Hey you know what pipsqueak! …Oh forget it you’re just a waste of time,” he sighed. “Sorry but Sasuke’s all mine,” Ino and Sakura continued fighting. “Well well, what do you know, it looks like the whole gang’s back together again,” Kiba commented, walking up with his team. “Hey Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Akamaru,” I nodded at them. “Hi Naruto, hi Saki,” Hinata said timidly. I turned to look at Naruto, who looked at her confused as she blushed, “Naruto you are so thick headed,” I muttered under my breath.

 “You guys too huh? Man everyone here’s for this stupid thing,” Shikamaru commented, “Couldn’t agree more with you,” I wrinkled my nose in annoyance. “Yepp here we all are, the nine rookies, haha this is going to be fun,” Kiba said.

“HEY! It’s ten you idiot!” I said heatedly. He looked over at me, “Woops, guess I just over looked you,” he smiled. Akamaru yelped; Kiba glanced up at him where he rested on his head before looking over at me curiously, leaning a little closer and sniffing. “What are you doing dog boy?!” I stepped away nervously.

 “You smell different… like grass? No that’s not it… forest? No something more earthy,” he mused, looking like he was thinking really hard. “Who cares what I smell like, I believe you were saying something about only the best making the cut,” I smirked. He looked back up, “Yea that’s right only the best will make the cut, right Sasuke,” he smirked. I sighed internally in relief, good thing he’s easy to distract and get off topic; I don’t need him trying to figure out my wolf smell.

 “Kiba, careful you don’t get over confidant,” “I tell you that all the time and you never listen to me,” I muttered. “Just wait, we’re going to blow you guys away, we’ve been training like crazy,” “What do you think we’ve been doing? Sittin around picking daisies? You don’t know what training means!” Naruto jabbered.

“Don’t mind Kiba, I’m sure he didn’t mean anything by it,” Hinata said quietly, fiddling with her fingers. Choji stared at Akamaru, a hungry gleam in his eye; he took a step forward, but was blocked by Shino. “What do you want? What’s wrong?” Choji asked. Shino looked down at the ground, a bug crawled across the floor; “Thought maybe you hadn’t seen it, didn’t want you stepping on it.”

 “Hey you guys,” my eyes flashed angrily and I turned my head away slightly… Kabuto. “You might want to try keeping it down a little, I mean no offense but, you’re the ten rookies right? Fresh out of the academy?” At least someone has the right number... even if it’s him. “I wouldn’t go making a spectacle of yourselves, just cool it, this isn’t a class field trip,” he said. “Well who asked you, who are you?!” Ino spouted angrily. “I’m Kabuto Yakushi, but really look around you; you’ve made quite an impression.”

 We looked out at the crowd of other competitors, most of which had turned to look our way with a ‘menacing’ glare; I rolled my eyes. “This exam makes everyone tense; you don’t want to rub them the wrong way right now. You can’t help it; I mean how can you know how things work? You’re just rookies, you remind me of myself awhile back.” “This isn’t the first time you’ve taken the exam?” Sakura questioned.

 “No, it’s… my seventh,” he said fake embarrassed, “They are held twice a year, so this will be my forth year.” “Wow a veteran, you must really be an expert by now,” Sakura awed, I held in a chuckle, she says that like it’s a good thing. “Yeah sort of,” “Cool, you can give us all the inside tips!” Naruto said. “Huh, some expert, he’s never passed,” thank you Shikamaru, the voice of reason. “Well seventh times the charm that’s what they say,” he chuckled nervously. The only charm he’s getting is losing his lunch.

 “So I guess all of those rumors about the exam being tough are true, oh man I knew this was gonna be a drag,” he sighed. “Hold on don’t give up hope yet, maybe I can help you kids out a little, with my ninja info cards,” Kabuto pulled a deck from his bag.

*Nerd* snickered Kale.  “What the heck are those?” “It’s hard to explain but these have been chakra encoded with everything I’ve learned over the past four years. I’ve got more than 200 of them, so you see; I haven’t been completely wasting my time. They might not look like much to the naked eye, in fact they appear blank,” he turned one over to show us.

 “Don’t want just anyone seeing this stuff,” he spun it around on the ground. “What are you doing?” “My using my chakra to reveal their secrets, like this,” a puff of smoke blew out from the card, revealing a map of the four great nations.

“Why do you guys think they all come here to take the exam together at the same time?” he asked. The group was silent, with only the sound of Choji chewing to fill it. “It’s to foster friendship between nations of course, international brotherhood and all that and it’s true enough... as far as it goes.”

 “But there’s another reason,” Sasuke stated, “Yes, this way they can regulate the total number of Shinobi that end up in each village, maintaining the balance of power. If the balance isn’t maintained one nation could wind up with more than its neighbors and it might be tempted to attack them; so they try to maintain the status quo, makes sense… I suppose.” “Do those cards of yours have any info on the other candidates, individually?” Sasuke stepped forward. “They might, you have someone special in mind?” “I might,” he narrowed his eyes.

 “Well I can’t promise my information is complete or perfect, but I got something on just about everyone, including you guys of course,” he added almost giddy. “So which one is it? Tell me anything you know about them, description, where they’re from, whatever,” he held up a card.

“Gaara of the Desert, Rock Lee of the Leaf village and… Saki Kiyomizu,” he added after a pause. I heard a few in takes of breath as he named his own teammate; I raised an eyebrow at his back and walked closer to the front to get a better view, he didn’t even turn to acknowledge me.

 “Kabuto glanced at me questioningly, I gave a small nod to tell him to continue. “Ok then,” he raised his hand above the deck, swiping his hand over the top and pulling three cards. “First up is Rock Lee; a year older than you guys, mission experience 11C and 20D, Squad leader Guy and in the last year his taijutsu has radically improved but the rest is shaky, this will be his first time as a candidate, his team mates are Tenten and Neji Hyūga.” I smiled, “Well if we were going to find out who he was, you could have just told us his name Saki,” Sasuke said, still not looking at me.

 “Well I didn’t know mister magician here would appear and give his name, besides I hardly ever use it anyway, his nickname is much more amusing.” A bunch of question marks appeared above the rest of the groups’ heads, but no one dared to ask about it. “Ok, now for Gaara of the Desert; mission experience 8C and get this 1B rank as a Genin, there’s not a lot more information on this guy, but there is this… he survived every mission without getting a scratch on him.”

 “The dudes done a B rank as a Genin and has never even been injured?!” “What’s the deal with this guy?!” “Now for the last one,” he glanced at me, Sasuke tensed imperceptibly. My picture appeared just as they others had, along with my teammates in the corner, and a stats section.

“I don’t have much on you either,” he looked up at me from under his glasses. “The same experience as your teammates obviously, name of course, age 15… but in the skills department, only that you have a high skill in ninjutsu,” he said, speaking directly to me now. “Other than that I don’t really have anything.”  The others looked down at it curiously, a few raised eyebrows at the mention of my age.

 “But I do have an interesting note, before entering the academy was trained shortly by Neji Hyūga.” More gasps echoed behind me, “Hey wasn’t he on that Lee dude’s team?” Kiba asked. “Yea, my old nitpicky Sensei,” I chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head. Hinata avoided my gaze as I glanced at her; I hope she won’t feel weird around me now. “Then that means you know about his abilities,” he said excitedly. “Ummm no; he only, as he puts it, ‘tutored’ me, he didn’t teach me anything beyond the basics.” “Ohhhh," he slumped in disappointment.

 Kabuto pulled another card and the same map as before appeared with green bars above the villages. “This is the percentage of ninja participating in the exam from each hidden village, Leaf is ranked as having the most, then Sand, Rain, Grass, Waterfall and lastly Sound. From the looks of it they’ve all sent exceptionally skilled candidates this time around, of course the Sound Village is small, it sprang up recently, no one knows anything about it, those guys are a mystery.”

 “Well you get the point, competition is going to be intense this year,” “So it would seem, it’s almost enough to make you lose your confidence,” Hinata said nervously. “Do you really think it’s going to be tougher this time?” “Oh yeah, in the four years I’ve been coming, I’ve never seen a crop of candidates with this much potential. Yep we got our work cut out for us,” he sighed. Naruto hunched forward, his shoulders shaking. I watched Sakura look at him worriedly, "Hey don't worry Naruto we'll be fine," Sakura said to him.

 "AHHHHH!" he gave a battle cry, striking a pose and pointing at everyone in the room; "My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I'm going to beat every one of ya! Believe it!" he bellowed confidently. "Hey what's that idiot trying to do get us killed?! Tell your boyfriend to keep his big fat trap shut!” Ino shouted in Sakura’s ear. “WHAT BOYFRIEND?!" they started bickering again.

 Naruto Naruto Naruto... hmmm well it is in my nature and I already have Kabuto's attention sooo... eh what the hell. "Narrruto," I sauntered up beside him, throwing an arm across his shoulders, “I FULLY agree with you," I smiled out at the crowd. "But you do not tell them that to their faces..." I could hear Sakura sigh in relief as she thought I would take care of him. "You snark about them behind their backs like a NORRRRMAL person," I explained to him, I heard her groan in frustration. Everyone's glares intensified, whoops… OH WELL!

 “Ah can you say that a little louder? Didn’t quite catch it,” Kiba smirked. “You morons, are you trying to get everyone in the place to hate our guts?” “Sorry to break this to you Shikamaru butttt they already did,” “NARUTO YOU IDIOT!” Sakura grabbed him in a choke hold. “WHY WOULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU OBNOXIOUS LITTLE!” she stopped at the look everyone was giving us.

 “Oh hi everyone, don’t mind him, sometimes he says these spazzy things,” “Sakura,”  “He doesn’t really mean them, they just kinda come out,” “Sakura!” “He’s got this condition you know, kind of a psychological thing,” “SAKURA!” I repeated again. “WHAT?! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT TOO SO DON’T THINK YOU’RE OFF THE HOOK!” “You’re making it worse, stop talking.”

 She turned back to Naruto, ignoring my warning, “Now see what you’ve done, now they think you don’t respect them…” bla bla bla. I turned my head as a heard a whooshing noise, like when the wind rushes past your ears when you run. Suddenly a ninja jumped towards Kabuto and threw two kunai; he jumped back and dodged them. Then another came in for a punch, pulling up his sleeve to reveal a metal casing, Kabuto leaned back just in time, narrowly avoiding the hit to the face.

 He smirked at the Sound ninja as he stood up straight again, until his glasses cracked and fell to the floor in pieces. I chuckled quietly in my place next to the others, “Oh I get it, so it was that kind of attack,” he said to himself, smiling and taking off his ruined glasses. “Hang on, I saw it all, he dodged the attacks, how did that happen?” Sasuke said almost angrily. “It must have come closer than it looked, CHH look at him act like it’s nothing, real tough guy,” Shikamaru grumbled.

 I burst out full laughing as Kabuto’s eyes widened and he doubled over, puking on the floor. *Serves the bastard right!* Sakura and Naruto turned to glare at me before going over next to him, “Hey Kabuto are you ok?” “Yeah I’m fine,” he glanced at me angrily, I shrugged my shoulders. “Write this on your little card punk, the Genin from the Sound village will be Chunin when this is over guaranteed,” one sneered.

 “ALRIGHT YOU BABY FACED DEGENERATES, PIPE DOWN AND LISTEN UP!” someone yelled from the cloud of smoke that appeared in the front of the room. Oh good, the proctor's here. “It’s time to begin, I’m Ibiki Morino your proctor, and from this moment… your worst enemy. First, you candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound, knock it off who told you you could fight?” he yelled. “You want to be failed before we’ve even begun?!”

 “Sorry, it’s our first time, guess we’re a little jumpy… Sir.” “I’ll say this once so listen up, there will be no combat between candidates, no attacking each other without the permission of your proctor; and even then use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately got it?”

“No fatal force? That’s no fun,” the other ninja behind Ibiki chuckled at the Sound’s comment. “We’re ready, we’ll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin Exam, handover your paper work, in return you’ll each be given a number which will determine where you will sit. We’ll start the written test once you are all seated.”

 “NO NOT A WRITTEN TEST!” Naruto wailed. I sighed, “Don’t worry about it Naruto you’ll do fine,” I smiled down at him, patting his head before walking over to get in line. “NEXT!” I watched the others get their numbers from Ibiki, 2, 8 ,11, 17, 19, all numbers of low rank.

“NEXT!” The boy in front of me handed his in, Ibiki pulled a number from the top and handed it to him, 24; looks like I’ll be 25. “NEXT!” I handed him my papers, he glanced down at them, pausing for a millisecond before sifting through his pile of numbers and handing me number 68. “Good luck,” he smiled, before returning to his intimidating face and belting out another “NEXT!”

 I frowned, noticing the girl that was behind me walk past with 25; why did he give me this number when he gave the rest out in order? I made my way to the mid-back, I had the last seat in the row near the window. The Chunin who had disguised himself and blocked the door from earlier sat on a chair with a pad of paper next to me against the wall.

I watched the rest take their seats, Naruto near the front, Sakura a few behind him and Sasuke a few in front of me in the center. “Alright eyes front, there are a few rules you need to be aware of and I won’t answer any questions so you better pay attention the first time around.

 Rule #1: the written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system, you all begin the test with a perfect score of 10 points, one point will be deducted for each question you get wrong, as will the ones you fail to answer. So if you miss or fail three, three points will be deducted.

 Rule #2: teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three members and in one case four,” his eyes settled on me.

 Gasps went around the room, “What, wait a second! You’re saying we all get scored as a team!?” Sakura screeched. “What about the single four man squad, that’s not fair, they’ll have an advantage over the rest of us!” someone yelled, murmurs of agreement went around, I smirked. “SILENCE! I have my reasons and their scores will be calculated so they receive the same chance of passing as a normal three man squad, now shut up and listen!

 Rule #3:  the sentinels you see positioned around the room are there to watch you carefully to see signs of cheating,” I turned to the one next to me and smiled, ‘Hi Kotetsu’ I mouthed. He sat up straight, eyes wide as he read my lips. “And for every incident they spot, they will subtract 2 points from the culprit’s score. Be warned, their eyes are extremely sharp, and if they catch you five times you will be dismissed before the tests are even scored. Anyone fool enough to be caught by the sentinels doesn’t deserve to be here. If you want to be considered Shinobi, then show us how exceptional a Shinobi you can be,” he grinned. “One more thing, if any candidates should get a zero and fail the test… then the entire team fails.”

 Oh poor Naruto, I watched him sink down in his chair as the others tensed. “The final question won’t be given out till the last 15 minutes before the end of the testing period, you’ll have one hour total……BEGIN!” he shouted after waiting a few seconds. I watched everyone flip over their tests boredly before following suit. *COOL! I CAN READ IT! THAT’S AWESOME!*  *Look at the rest of them panic, this fun!*  *I feel so bad for Naruto though* I watched as he held his head in his hands, slumping forward.

 I sighed, looking down at my own paper; I suppose I can at least try one on my own, even if it isn’t necessary. #1: Decipher the message in this length of code, ahhhh nope ain’t happening, I spied the others all cheatin’ their way through this like it was a breeze. I have no information gathering skills what’s so ever, I’m a terrible ninja, I should be ashamed of myself. Good thing our team never does recon; I would try to cheat but I have no way to do it without getting caught, I’m just going to be bored for the next hour.

 I heard Naruto shriek and glanced over at him, a kunai was sunk into the desk of the boy behind him, “You just failed the test, you and your teammates will leave the room immediately,” two other boys stood up and walked out, “Candidate numbers 23, 27 and 43 FAILED.”

As time went on, more and more were caught; “NO, NO WAY! WHO SAYS I CHEATED 5 TIMES, WHERE’S YOUR PROOF!” I watched as yet another had to be dragged away. I sighed; IT’S NOT FAIR! Neji and Sasuke got their cool eye thingies to cheat and I’m useless, but I do have to save their asses later so I guess that can make up for it. I hung my head, who am I kidding this SUCKS!

 “Number 57, you and your team are done,” Kotetsu said smiling, I looked over to him, at least he’s having a good time. I kept staring at him; he’s kinda cute, I wonder how old he is... “Is there something you needed?” I focused back on his face, “Huh?”

“Is there something you needed?” he repeated. “No, why?” “Because you keep staring at me.” I smirked, “why is it bothering you?” “Aren’t you supposed to be finishing your test,” he skipped around the question. “Who said I wasn’t finished?” I pulled the paper out of view and flipped it over.

 He raised an eyebrow; “shouldn’t you be busting cheaters?” “Who says I’m not?” he smirked, writing something down without looking away from me. “Show off,” I muttered, his smirk widened; he wants me to finish it, then fine I will.

I pulled my paper back out, “Oh yeah you’re finished,” he commented, glimpsing my empty paper; “Hmph,” I put my arm over it and turned the other way, he chuckled. I wrote a bunch of random things, filling in all the answers. I flipped it back over when I was done and faced forward again; Kankuro excused himself to the ‘bathroom.'

 I shook my head and tisked; “are you sure you’re watching them? Cause I see a lot of obvious cheaters still here, or do they have to cheat 5 different ways?” “Of course I am, there’s no way you can spot someone cheating when I can’t,” “mmmhmm, sure.” “ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP, HERE’S THE 10th AND FINAL QUESTION!” Ibiki interrupted. “But before I give you the question, there are some more rules you need to be aware of…” The door in the back of the room opened revealing Kankuro and a ‘sentinel,' I snickered.

 “Made it just in time, I’m sure you found your trip to the bathroom… enlightening.” Kankuro froze, his eyes widening as he was caught. “Well? Take your seat! These rules are unique to question 10, listen carefully, and try not to let them frighten you.

Rule #1: each of you is free to choose not to be given the final question, it’s your decision. “Woah, what’s the catch, let’s say we decide not to be given the final question, what happens then?!” Temari shouted. “If you choose not to take the 10th question regardless of your answers to the other nine, you’ll get a zero, in other words you fail… and so do your teammates.

 Not so fast,” he interrupted the chattering, “you didn’t let me finish, if you do except the question, but answer incorrectly, you will not only fail… YOU WILL BE BARRED FROM TAKING THE CHUNIN EXAM EVER AGAIN!” “HEY that’s bull man, that’s ridiculous, what kind of rule is that!? There are lots of people here who have taken the test before!” Kiba yelled.

Ibiki began to laugh, but not just a normal laugh nooooo it had to be creepy. “I guess you’re just unlucky, I wasn’t making the rules before, but I am now. Of course if you don’t want to take it, you don’t have to, if you’re not feeling confidant then by all means skip it, you can come back and try again next year.

 Now then if you’re ready, the 10th and final question, those who don’t want to take it raise your hand.”  I sat there calmly, watching the few who were left; “That’s it I’m out, I just can’t do it I’m sorry,” “Number 50 FAIL numbers 130 and 110 you’re out too.” I snickered as hands shot up left and right after the first admitter. “By your laugh I’m guessing you’re staying.” “Of course I am, I didn’t suffer through that hour for nothing,” I grinned at Kotetsu.

 I put my feet up on the desk, “Looks like you’re going home,” he commented, noticing Naruto’s hand raise up; “Just wait for it.” He slammed his hand back down on the table, “DON’T UNDERESTIMATE ME, I DON’T QUIT AND I DON’T RUN. YOU CAN ACT TOUGH ALL YOU WANT, BUT YOU GUYS AREN’T GOING TO SCARE ME OFF, NO WAY! I DON’T CARE IF I GET STUCK AS A GENIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, I’LL STILL BE HOKAGE SOME DAY!” he bellowed, standing in his seat. I chuckled, “I told you,” I smirked at him, “that’s my Naruto.”

 “This decision could change your life, if for any reason you would rather quit, now is your last chance.” “No way I never go back on my word, that’s the way of the ninja,” Naruto smiled determinedly. I was so moved I almost cried, he’s so inspirational! “Well then I admire your determination, if nothing else, for those of you remaining there is only one thing left to do and that’s for me to tell you… that you’ve all passed the first exam!”

 Everyone was frozen in shock, oh good grief why is no one celebrating? I’m gonna have to do this aren’t I? I sighed, “YEAH!” I did a fist pump, everyone turned to look at me, “Come on you bunch of deadbeats you passed, act excited!” “H-hold on, what just happened? What do you mean we passed?! What about the 10th question!?” Sakura stood up. I slumped back down in my seat, what the hell Sakura, way to interrupt a person, that’s not very polite. I turned to glare at the wall while Ibiki had to explain it to the dumb ones, cough-Sakura-cough.

 “What is that kids problem?” a boy in front of me whispered, who could only be talking about Naruto. “Pssst, hey,” I called to him, he turned around to look back at me, “If you don’t keep your yap shut you’re going to be the one with the problem, got it,” I hissed, glaring at him. He nodded quickly, eyes wide and whipped back to facing forward. Kotetsu raised an eyebrow at me, I shrugged, “he’s practically my little brother, and I won’t stand for that kind of talk about him.”

 I glanced forward and noticed Ibiki had taken off his bandana, showing his scars from interrogations he endured at the hands of enemy ninja. “Can you choose to avoid danger? No, there will be many missions that will seem almost suicidal, if you think about it, but we do not think about it. You think only of the goal and achieving it through courage and discipline; these are the qualities required of a Chunin squad leader.

 Those who choose the safer of two paths, those who’s determination falters in the face of adversity, those who would put their comrades lives in jeopardy worrying about their own, those who would save their own necks at the price of honor, will never be able to call themselves Chunin, at least as long as I’m here.

 As for the rest of you, you’ve successfully answered the 10 questions I’ve put to you, you have earned the right to continue on to the next step, you have passed through the first gate. I hereby declare this part of the Chunin exam completed, there’s nothing left but to wish you all good luck.” “YEAH WOOHOO YEAH!” Naruto started celebrating.

 Suddenly one of the windows burst open, a ball of clothe spreading out in a banner with a woman standing in front of it appeared. “Oh no,” I hit my head on the desk, crazy lady, she’s even scarier than Ibiki. “Heads up boys and girls, this is no time to be celebrating! I’ll be your next proctor, Anko Mitarashi. Ready for the second test? GOOD NOW LET’S GO FOLLOW ME!” “You’re early… again,” Ibiki said, coming around from behind the curtain, which had her name printed on it.

 “How many are there? Ibiki, you let all these guys pass? Your test was too easy, you must be getting soft.” “Or it could be a stronger crop of candidates this year.” “Hmmm they sure don’t look it, trust me before I’m done with them, more than half will be eliminated. Hm, this is going to be fun,”  she grinned scarily. “Alright you maggots have had it easy so far, but things are going to be different starting first thing in the morning. I’ll let your squad leaders know where to meet me… dismissed.”

 ~~ Kotetsu’s P.O.V. ~~

  “Kotetsu, do you mind staying after and helping me collect all these tests?”  Ibiki called as the last of the Genin filed out. “Yea no problem,” I sighed internally; and just when I thought I could go home and rest. I started picking them up from the back and made my way toward the middle as he started in the front and did the same.

 Many of them had the right answers; it seems this year’s group is as good as they say. Ibiki came to a stop, looking down at one test as I made it back to where I had been stationed during the exam. He chuckled, “I just passed a candidate who didn’t answer single question. Naruto Uzumaki… hmph, he’s a funny one alright.”

 I smiled, I remember him, he’s the one that girl I was supposed to watch stood up for. I wonder why they put her so near a proctor on purpose; I was even questioned about anything strange she did afterwards by Ibiki. What’s so special about her?

I was never even told her name… I glanced over to the spot she sat at and made my way over to it, picking up her test. It was gibberish, random numbers and words for every answer; huh… I paused, noticing an arrow near the bottom motioning to flip it over. I turned it, a small line on the bottom caught my eye; I told you I finished it :)   I chuckled quietly, I guess you did. I flipped it back over, Saki Kiyomizu… I smiled to myself, “good luck.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TADA!!!!!!  MA SPECIAL SURPRISE!! (trumpets and confetti)  A another chapter in under 24 hours!!!   Actually, I wrote this originally as part of chapter 20 but OMG! that was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long like 15 pages -_-'     I don't have the patience to read that much in one sitting........ LET ALONE EDIT IT!  

Seriously!? just yuck..... it is almost evil for someone to do that to their fans or themselves SOOOO I MADE IT INTO ANOTHER CHAPTER! YAY!   Yupp split it right down the middle (in the most convenient place possible of course) :D

Dedicated to  JpLimeGreenAbbott  for being my 60th FAN!!!  (before I lost one :'(  

COMMENT!                                                                                                                    please :] 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2.6K 35
‘This time, I won’t get hurt.’ Asari Kazue is a shinobi who doesn't know pain. It's not that she's had a soft life- no shinobi does- she's simply phy...
520K 17.1K 30
Suki katsureki was a misunderstood child, the only one who stood by her was her sister maki. Suki was a burden to her village, they feared and abuse...
39.8K 1.3K 14
"Naruto!" Sasuke gasped. "Have you seen Sakura?" "That's..." Kakashi cut Naruto off with his hand, waving him down. "That's actually why we came he...
1.4K 43 35
One night Honoka walks into her home in Sunagakure only to find her caretaker, Ania, dead and the murderer still in her home. She runs for it and is...