The Royal Thrive (Completed)

By TwoPolarOpposites

Walking pass these beautifully painted and carved palace walls, the sounds of her high heels clacking against... More

The Royal Thrive
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 1 - The Beginning
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 2 - The Royal Palace
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 3 - Naomi and Anna
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 4 - Prince Nathan and his ego
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 5 - A Mother's Rant
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 6 - Revenge? I've never been so scared
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 7 - The other prince?
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 8 - The anti-social ghost
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 9 - I believe people call it...Telekinesis.
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 10 - Noah's helping hand
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 11- Nathan the bipolar
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 12 - Evil calculation
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 13 - A holiday together
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 14 - Disaster
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 15 - Empty threats
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 16 - The punishment death
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 17 - Worthiness of love
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 18 - A Foreseeable Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 19 - My mate
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 20 - Giving up
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 21 - Betrayed
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 22 - Ascend to power
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 23 - Declaration of Solipsism
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 24 - Defend or Offend
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 26 - To love and be loved
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 27 - Reminiscing the past
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 28 - Jealousy
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 29 - Overtaking Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 30 - Bloodline
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 31 - Guilt
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 32 - Deep in the heart
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 33 - First Attack
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 34 - Cruelty
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 35 - Confused Hearts
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 36 - Two paths
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 37 - Shattered
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 38 - Something and Someone
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 39 - Confessions
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 40 - Our fault
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 41 - Conflict
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 42 - The End
The Royal Thrive - Epilogue
The Royal Thrive - Extra Chapter

The Royal Thrive - Chapter 25 - My friends

5.9K 200 18
By TwoPolarOpposites

Please enjoy this chapter, I had a little writers block *sigh* Thank god I got over it XD 

"What?" The Queen asks after my request; in her chambers everything is so intricately detailed and designed. With her maids all waiting on her beck and call her, her personal maid who is probably at her forties delivered her tea in her hands carefully as she took it, taking a sip whilst glaring at me. 

"That request is out of the question" 

Pulling the cup away from her she crosses her leg whilst leaning back on her chair "Your pack are now rouges, rogues cannot receive any titles from the royal family. Just a days ago, Raine you've been using the royal rules to take the Crown Princess position. Are you trying to tell me rules are meant to be broken?" A sly smirk creeps onto her lips that is painted in red lipstick. 

"Of course I know it's out of the question, and I'm not telling you to break the rules your Highness. Though, even if it was any crime those who have been convicted should have the chance to appeal. It was just a shame that my alpha and my father got executed before they could even say so. Moreover, your highness seemed to have put an order down - to kill any of those who try to retaliate, though how are you expecting a pack of loyal wolves to stand still when their alpha and beta is taken away to be executed?" Gritting every word out my fists clenches tightly, I can't screw this up as it is the only chance I can drag this woman down. "My friends and a few of the remaining members of my pack only want permission to roam throughout the land, to collect data to assist me back up my pack. I deeply believe that my pack didn't contact any hunters against the werewolf society" 

The Queen let's out a scoff, looking at me with eyes that tell me I am weaker and lower than her. The fact that I am trying to convince her and ask her for permission is giving her the joy to taunt me, after all Noah and I did wreck her plans. "Just because you believe doesn't mean they don't. It looks like Raine my dear you haven't understood natures of people. You can never judge a book by it's cover, hm" With a child soothing voice I glare at her intensely, she's not buying this at all. 

"Then it looks like I'll just do this by myself" - "What do you mean?" Scanning me with her eyes she tires to figure out what I'm planning which gives me a pleasure resulting me smirking. "I'll take this appeal to a larger scale, I shall gather all the royal officials and nobles as well as the three packs to listen to my appeal. Though I wouldn't want this to happen if I was you, if the hunters get any signs of our land having fights between us you can never guarantee that they might not take advantage and get rid of us all" 

"You don't have that power, military power is out of your hands" Slamming her hand on the table beside her the cup of tea spills onto the table spreading outwards "Oh but I do, the Lunar Moon Pack has agreed to help me. They also think that my pack deserves an appeal. Of course I don't exactly need your permission to get my friends permission to roam through this land, the Lunar Moon Pack would be more than willing to take them in and let them become their pack members. Once they do they automatically already have that permission. Then the day when they gather enough data and they appeal the only person who will seem bad - is you" Playing my upper card the Queen throw the fallen cup off the table and onto the floor smashing it into many pieces in the process. 

That's right, get frustrated. There's many more to come. 

"Get me pen and paper as well as the royal seal. I shall declare your friends as no longer rouges but royal officials who are working under you. They will be given a permit to travel around the land. Is that ok? Crown Princess?" With her personal maid scurrying off I smile at the Queen laughing at her inside - "I cannot thank you enough" 

With the Queen's permit in my hands I meet Jayden and Zain in my chambers, "Did you get it?" Jayden asks as I playfully hung the permit up in the air playing with it in between my finger tips "Here you two are now officially working under me" Passing the permit in Jayden hands Zain and him both read it with a proud smile on their face "You've done well" Jayden gives me a thumbs up whilst Zain scratches his temples "There's one thing i don't understand. The Lunar Moon Pack is the weakest, how did you know the Queen would feel threatened by it?" A small chuckles escapes from my lips - "The Lunar Moon Pack sure isn't the biggest or strongest, however it is exactly this point that makes the Queen wary about them" Zain punches my shoulder lightly "Just get to the point" Demanding I sigh letting it slip for this time - "Geographically, the Lunar Moon pack is based in the west side of this land and it is exactly this side of the land that are closer to the hunter's who are watching us through the human government's orders. If anything had happened to the Lunar Moon Pack they would know straight away" - "Oh, so if the Queen did something the hunters might in fact join in then it'll call trouble" Clicking my finger at Zain as a gesture he got the point right Jayden slips the permit into his pocket. "Wouldn't it be better if we had just joined the Lunar Moon Pack?" Zain then questions - how many questions does this guy have? "Yes and no, if you do join then the Queen might deem it as disloyalty since she might find out you're working for your old pack. You'll die" 

 "How did you get the alpha to agree to help? I heard he's quite stubborn and traditional" - "It is exactly the reason he's stubborn and traditional that comes to my advantage. Even the blind can tell that the King is being imprisoned by the Queen but it's just that she has too much military power and with Anna's help it becomes stronger. Traditional people will never accept a woman as the ruler, adding on the fact he is stubborn he will fall into my palms easily. Of course when I spoke to him after the coronation was over he was originally reluctant to help us. Though he already knows that Noah will become the King and I can't and won't hurt him since he is my true mate unlike the current King and Queen. Moreover, over these many years our pack has helped his pack out a lot under attacks of rouges since they were more vulnerable. He already owe's us a favour." Bewildered by my explanation Jayden puts a hand on my shoulder "Looks like my best friend has grown up" Grinning towards me I couldn't help but grin back and returning a hand on his shoulder - Jayden's strength after Linda died has made me stronger and making me admire him. This strength is enough to prove that we're able to get this plan over and done with. 

"Right, before you go remember to not go into the Southern Moon Pack's area. That's Anna's place and even though you have the permit - she still holds a grudge against me and Noah" "Don't worry, we're going to be fine. Though are you really sure not telling Noah about what we're researching? It is about his mother after all" Jadyen's words makes me frown - it isn't that I don't want to tell him but it's the fact that I can't. He already hates coming back to this place, he only came back to save his father and the kingdom. If I tell him that the Queen might've had something to do with his mother's death it's only going to add onto the pain in his heart, how can I do that? How could I watch him live in this place that he despises and will do even more after I tell him? 

Patting my shoulder Jayden understands me after I gave him nothing but a silent answer - "I understand. Just make sure whilst we're gone you look after yourself. This place is full of traps" "Yeah, you're our last hope Raine" Zain and Jayden smiles at me and having to part with them for however long it will be I round them up in a hug "Don't make me laugh, I'm too sneaky to die" I joked as Zain and Jayden both pat my back before the three of us parted. 

With Jayden, Zain and the remaining pack members out to research I felt even more lonely in this palace. Noah had been called for a lot of meeting recently even despite myself being Crown Princess, I can't exactly do anything until I become Queen. "Your Highness do you want me to change your tea?" My new personal maid Michelle asks whilst I in a common room watching the raindrops hit the windows on the outside, shaking my head to Michelle's question I excuse her from the room and following my orders I sigh out loud, then out of the blue I caught Nathan's scent in the room "You're looking pretty bored" Sitting himself next to me I smiled bitterly "I've only been here for what? A week or two and I'm bored already" Laughing at my own misfortune I hear Nathan sigh as well "These palace walls do tend to bore you out of your mind. I hear Noah has been going to a lot of meetings, you do know it's only because he got the new position that why there's a lot to do. I'm sure by the end of this month he'll be more free" Hearing comforting words from Nathan I look at him with a half smirking half confused expression. 

"I never thought you'd be comforting me, I feel like a proud mother" Patting my chest playfully as if I'm touched he rolls his eyes "No seriously, how do you pass time here?" I ask him and his eyebrow raised as a smirk creeps onto his lips "How about I take you somewhere?" "Huh?" Looking at him he holds out his hand for me to take "Come on then - it's a one time offer only" Laughing at his tone of voice I take it "Let's see how good this place is then" I challenged as he pulls me up and guides me around the palace. 

Walking through the palace we cut through the gardens, with the moon out in the sky I sigh out loud "Oi, it's night time now what is there to see?" I ask him but he doesn't look back or reply only carried on leading me through the gardens. Then coming to a stop in front a door hidden behind a wall of leaves I roll my eyes "Please spare me the 'I'll lead you to Wonderland'" I shook my hands and Nathan scowls at me "Don't you dare make fun of our place" He warns before clicking the door open "Our?" I questioned his previous sentence as he nods "Yeah, this is where Noah used to be kept when he was younger. Of course when he grew older he was moved. Anyway you coming in?" He asks as he enters the place waiting for me to enter - bending my head down to fit through the door everywhere was dark and I could barely see anything "Right, it all dark in - WOAH!" Shocked to see Nathan's palm carrying a flame lightening up the entire place. 

Once the place was lit up, I could see a huge, no scrap that it is a gigantic room. Not something you'd expect behind a wall of leaves and in a garden, "Is this where Noah grew up?" I asked as I looked at all the toys and picture frames that were empty and covered in dust. "The frames… why are they empty?" Stupid question of course because I already hit myself mentally for asking that question, Nathan walks over and was ready to laugh at my question "I'll save the tease of your stupidity later, anyway the actually thing I want to show you is this. Lay down there" He points at an empty space - "Oi, I just nearly bloody clogged up my lungs by breathing the dust in here now you're asking me to lay down on a floor that has about fifty inches of dust on it?! What kind of service is this?" "This is free service! Take it or leave it!" "What did you say?!" I challenged as the two of us share a competitive glare. Just as we was sharing a competitive glare I realised his palm of fire set some curtains on fire "Hey! Your palm!" I pointed in the act of yelling pulling his entire body away from the curtains "Oh shit" Nathan sighs "This is your fault! Can't you do what you're told?!" 

Is he blaming it on me?

"Oi! If you didn't provide a shitty service in the first place"

"Do I look like a cleaner to you?!" Completely enticed into arguing we forgot about the fire in the first place. Until it began to burn even more - "You just set the- Shit! The curtains!" We both realised looking at the entire roof top completely on fire "Nothing goes good with you" Nathan grits his teeth as he controls the fire back into his palms leaving a huge amount of black smoke behind causing us to cough "Let's get out of here" We both said at the same time and without arguing this time we reach to the door coughing for fresh air. 

Before you leave please vote or comment below! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
4.4K 121 30
Alexandra Stan was always on the run because of what she did. She just keeps moving never stopping for no one. Will she ever stop? Will she find some...
8.3M 197K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
469K 23.3K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...