Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 4 A Great Morning

4.8K 168 31
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite 

 I then walk over and plop myself down beside Luka. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight" He says as we rub our noses against each other's, I then close my eyes.

This night has been the best night of my life so far, minus the fact that Luka and my uncle were running for their lives, and it was touch and go for a while whether we would see them alive again or not. On the plus side. I have Luka and my uncle back home safe and sound the two unknown wolves are taken care of, and to top it all off, we have a new pack member. I wonder who it could be. I ask myself before darkness takes its hold, and I fall asleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

When I wake up the next morning the fresh sent of honey enters my nose, but this time it's not the faded scent from the blanket it smells fresh, like a warm spring day. Not opening my eyes yet, I yawn and then stretch out my arms, finding that I'm back in my human form. About a moment later my hands stop when they hit up against something warm and smooth feeling.

Gliding my hand up the smooth surface in front of me I begin to explore, though I still have no idea what this is. Almost instantly sparks go up my arm and warm heat spreads its way across my chest and body, almost like pure bliss. My hand continues to slowly go up the mysterious, warm, smooth surface, my curiosity getting the best of me. Suddenly the dreamy area vanishes behind my hand and is replaced by a new texture entirely, I can tell by the feel of it, that it's a fabric of some kind, it's mostly thick and heavy, but also a bit soft, I then can feel my lips turning into a slight smile.

It kind of reminds me of my brother's thick, black, winter jacket. My brother's thick, black winter jacket, wait a minute, I think to myself. My eyes then pop open, giving me blurry vision as I do so. I sit up and rub my eyes hoping that would get them to clear up. As I get done with the small task at hand, my still slightly blurred eyes then land on a figure laying on the blanket next to me, when my eyes finally come into focus, I am left stunned.

I slowly sit up, so that I can look him over more closely. Laying there is a seventeen year old boy with slightly pale skin, shortened dark brown hair, made from the silver burns he received from Ace Summers last spring, and finally his face. That face that is looking so peaceful right now with sleep, that baby like face that now has a thin line of brown stubble lining his chin, and his face that has the pair of slightly pink lips that to me haven't changed one bit from my dreams, or my past.

All throughout the past year and ten months I have always tried to imagine what Luka may look like, but now that I see him I just can't believe it, he looks a million times better than I thought he would. I think to myself, then my eyes shift down to where my hand was only a few moments ago. Luka is wearing my brothers winter jacket like I thought he was but he's got the zipper all the way down, the surface that my hand was rubbing up against was Luka's bare chest.

Luka then stirs and then reaches one of his arms over and starts to explore my face, still with his eyes closed, I smirk. "Yes Luka, I still have my face" I say with a slight giggle, not being able to contain it.

Luka then opens his eyes and looks at me confused. "Sophie?" He asks me.

I give him a slight nod. "Yeah, who did you think I was?" I playfully ask.

"Nobody, it's just..." Luka starts, but then trails off as he looks at me and his eyes get all dreamy. "Wow, you sure do look great" He says, almost sounding like he's lost in a dream, and maybe he is.

A slight blush creeps its way onto my cheeks. "Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black" I reply to him with a smile.

Luka then sits up across the blanket from me, yawns, and stretches out his arms. "Good morning Sophie, how did you sleep last night?" He asks me still with a bit of yawn in his voice, as he gently slaps his hand down on his knee.

"Let me just say this, better now that you're back here with me" I simply reply. "You?" I then ask him.

"Pretty much the same" He replies to me. "Hey Sophie, did you dye your hair, or something?" Luka asks me, sounding a bit curious.

I shake my head. "No, it just naturally darkened, simple as that" I reply. "Anyways. Speaking of looking great, Luka you look, amazing" I say with a wide smile, so wide that I'm pretty sure that he can see my back row of teeth.

"I told you I looked as impressive as my wolf did" He tells me.

"Yes I know you did, but when I first woke up this morning, I was left stunned" I say

"Yeah, I felt you rubbing your hand up my chest, but I didn't say anything" Luka says.

I then feel my cheeks get warmer as they redden, I then look up slightly. "Oh my gosh, Luka" I put my hand over my mouth for a moment, before I slowly remove it. "You have hair again" I finally get out with a gasp, even though I already saw it when I first sat up. I'm just trying to change the subject.

'Oh yeah, I do, but it's not growing back as fast as I would like it to" Luka says, running his hand through his short brown locks

"Well, that is not surprising considering that your scalp was burned with silver" I say, using my medical tone.

"Yes, I know, but it's still better than having nothing on my head at all' Luka says, bringing his hand back down, the room goes silent for a moment as Luka just looks at me smiling.

"What?" I finally ask him.

"You look so much like your mother Luka replies, sweetly.

"Thank you" I say as I drop my head slightly, as I do though I see something swaying back and forth on the other end of the wall out of the corner of my eye. "Oh and speaking of mother's, I have something for you, wait here just for one moment" I tell him as I hold out my pointer finger as I stand up. I walk over towards the wall in question and take Luka's necklace off the hook, I then hide it behind my back as I walk back over to the blanket. I walk a little closer to Luka, and pull the necklace from behind my back and hold it out to him. "I have the one thing your mother gave to you, and now, I want to give it back to whom it rightfully belongs" I say as I sit down.

In that split second, Luka's face lights up like a tree on Christmas morning. "You kept this to, after all these months" He then says with a soft smile.

"Of course I did, Luka. You entrusted me with this for safe keeping, and kept it safe I have" I tell him.

"Sophie, would you like to put it on me?" Luka asks me, I smile, remembering the last time I got asked to do this.

"It will be my honor Luka" I reply as I then scoot my body over, even closer towards him. I then unclasp the two ends, gently place them around Luka's neck, and then clasp them back together the best that I can. "There you go, now is your life complete?" I ask.

"It sure is" He replies adjusting the necklace around his neck, then he pauses for a moment, and then Luka speaks up again. "Now that I'm back home with you" Luka then finishes with a big smile on his face.

There it is, that's my Luka, I think to myself. He's still the kindest, sweetest, most gentlest, pure soul in the entire world. The kind of guy that always has a smile on his face, and yet he still has a spirit that some wolves around my pack say can never be broken, I smile and bring Luka into a hug. Luka's arms then wrap around my body in a comforting embrace, the heat from my mate's body surrounds me and overwhelms my senses in a way no other wolf's can. It's the sign of our bond, our mate bond.

"I've missed you Luka" I say softly, as we break away slightly.

"And I've missed you as well SophieJane" Says Luka, so close that I can feel his hot breath fan out across my neck.

Our foreheads move closer and closer towards each other's, inch by inch. Then my eyes slowly close, now I can't see anything and the only sound I can hear is the pitter patter of my racing heart, as it beats throughout my chest. My face gets hot as I then get butterflies in my stomach, my wolf must know what's coming just as much as I do. My stomach then starts doing back flips and my heart starts skipping beats. I can believe it, it's finally going to happen our first kiss back together, I think to myself. "Nothing can ruin this perfect set up.

"Aww, isn't this sweet" I hear a man's voice say.

I open my eyes and see that Luka's lips and mine were only about an inch and a half apart, we then turn towards the bunker entrance to find my uncle's face looking through just a smiling at us. "Hey Sophie, I see you and Luka were about to make up for some lost time" He says.

"Oh Uncle, if you would've only waited at least thirty more seconds" I say, slightly frustrated.

He just smiles bigger at me. "Please Sophie, you know as well as I do that if I were to give you only thirty seconds more then you two would be down here all morning" My uncle tells me, I bite down on my lip. He does have a point. "And besides, I didn't come here to ruin y'alls magic moment, your Aunt wanted me to tell the two of you that breakfast is ready" My uncle says, then he turns his attention towards Luka. "Luka, be a good gentleman and help your lady up" He tells him.

"Yes Sir" Luka replies with a nod.

"And when you two are coming up the stairs, will one of you turn the light out please?" He asks right before his face disappears from the entrance.

"We will, don't worry" I call after him.

Luka then stands up from his blanket. "Where are you going?" I ask him.

He sniffs the air a few times before replying to me. "I can smell Aunt Sherry's cooking, and I'm so hungry right now I could eat a whole pig" Luka then holds both of his hands down towards me. "Come on Sophie let's go" He says, I grab on and Luka gently pulls me up. "Up we go" Luka says as I then get to my feet.

"Thank you, Luka" I say to him.

"You're welcome Sophie" He replies as he then lets go of my hand, Luka then starts to walk up the bunker staircase.

"I'll turn the light out" I say. "Since I'm going to be the last one to step out."

"Fine by me" Luka says, reaching the top, when I reach the top only a second later I reach over and flip the light switch down.

Luka and I come out of the bunker and start to walk down the main staircase that's inside of the house, at the bottom I see my uncle waiting there for us and throw my arms around his neck.

"Hey Little Sophie, how's it been around here?" He asks pulling me in tighter.

"Oh you know, the usual, the same old same old" I say. My uncle breaks away from the hug and backs up slightly, like he's trying to get my whole body into his frame of vision. "What?" I ask.

My uncle then smiles at me again. "You look even more like your mother then you did before" He replies.

"That's what I told her" Luka pipes up.

"Sherry Angel" My uncle calls out to her, as we slowly walk into the kitchen.

"Yes" Her voice travels back to him.

"Guess who I managed to get out of the bunker?" He then asks her.

"Oh" I hear my aunt and Shelby both gasp. "Hold it, Shelby and I don't want to see them until they're in the kitchen, so we're going to cover our eyes." All three of us then stop in between the living room and the threshold of the kitchen, for the next few moments all we can hear is silence until my aunt speaks up again. "Okay, they can come in now, we can't see anything" She says.

We then walk slowly into the kitchen to find Shelby and my aunt leaning up against the bar counter with their hands over their eyes, we stop walking and my uncle speaks up. "Alright you two, you can look now" He tells the both of them, they slowly take their hands off their eyes.

When their eyes first land on Luka they're shocked like I was, they then slowly approach with both their faces in disbelief. "Luka, is that really you?" "Yeah, is it?" they both ask him, as if they've both just seen a ghost and won the lottery all in one go round.

Luka then takes the pendant in between his two fingers and shows it to them. "Sophie wouldn't have given this back to me if I wasn't who I said I was" He tells them with a slight smile on his face. No I wouldn't have. I think to myself. I promised to Luka that I would keep his good luck charm, the only thing he has linking him to his mother safe for him until he returned, and returned he has. A promise to your mate, especially one like that, it needs to be kept and kept it I have. If anyone for any reason would've tried to take it from me, it would've been their funeral, not mine.

"Oh my goodness, Luka" My aunt says as she's the first one to throw her arms around my boy's neck in a hug, but she has to stand on her tiptoes to do so. "You're giant" Aunt Sherry says breaking away slightly so she can look at him.

"I know, once I started hunting and training like I was meant to be all along my growth spurt skyrocketed" He replies.

"Well, Alpha's do have the fastest growth rate of all the werewolf ranks" I say,

Shelby's next to give Luka an embrace, but Luka bends down slightly for her, so that she doesn't have to stand up on her tip toes. "Wow, Luka it looks like puberty was nicer to you then some kids, myself included" She says to him.

"What are you talking about Shelby, you look great" I get the urge to growl, but I force it down into my chest. "And thanks, I'm just as shocked as you and Sophie are" I then hear Luka say.

"Gee, Luka, I wonder what would happen if Sophie were to try to pick you up and carry you around now?" My uncle says, getting a word in.

"I'd bet I'd flatten her like a pancake" Luka replies.

"I'd have to agree with Luka on this one" I speak up.

"Since when do you not agree with Luka Sophie" Shelby says as she too speaks up, and we all die out laughing.

"I'd hate to be the one to break up this little fun fair we have going on here but breakfast is ready, so Luka take you and my mate over to the table and we'll bring your plates over to you and just a moment" My aunt then tells them, they both nod before dashing over to the table. My aunt then walks over towards me and throws her arms around my neck. "Congrats on having Luka back" She tells me.

"Thanks" I tell her, then I get closer to her ear. "Are our two guests coming down to eat breakfast with us?" I whisper.

"He might, but she already has told me that she feels too sick to come down" She replies.

"Well that's understandable, given the circumstances, would she like for me to make her some dry toast and applesauce?" I ask.

"I'll, do it, you, just get over to the breakfast table" My aunt replies.

"Okay I will, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help" I say to her as we break away.

"Okay Sophie, will do" She says as I turn around and walk away.

As soon as I get to the table, Luka still standing up speaks up. "Aunt Sherry I'm hot, can I take my jacket off and put it on the back of the bar?" He asks. "I promise I will hang it up after I get finished eating."

"Fine by me, just make sure you do hang it up when you're done at the table" She replies, putting two slices of bread in the toaster.

"Thanks" Luka says as he then starts to take off his jacket.

When Luka takes his jacket off I have to put my hand on the table to keep from falling over, if I was left stunned at the sight of Luka with his jacket on, without his Jacket he leaves me speechless. Strong arms that go up and connect to a very well-defined upper chest are the first things my eyes land on, to be honest he looks like a bodybuilder that has spent years in the gym. My eyes then slowly rake down his abdomen, admiring every detail. The flatten chest Luka had only a little over a year ago is gone, and now has been replaced with one that has a line of six large abs going down it witch makes my mouth want to water, I feel my cheeks heating up. Holy cow, my Luka has abs. I think to myself.

"Sophie, do you like what you see?" Luka asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head, trying to snap myself out of my Luka filled daze. 'I wasn't checking you out, I don't even know what you're talking about, nope" I say as I cross my arms over my chest, trying to blow him off.

"Sophie, you were blushing at me and you were also drooling a slight pool" He says with a slight smirk that then turns into a bigger grin.

"Okay, so I was wrong, puberty was a lot kinder to Luka" Shelby than whispers from behind me into my ear

"Okay, so I was checking you out, a little bit" I tell him, as I pull out my chair and sit down at the table.

"Do I have my mate all figured out or what?" Asks Luka, as he pulls out the chair beside mine and sits down, leaving his black jacket on the bar counter like he said he was going to.

"Do you have me all figured out Luka" I then stop to pretend to think about it, "Yes, yes you do" I then say.

Most of us are already sitting down, Luka, Shelby, my Uncle, and I. the only one of us who isn't sitting at the table is my aunt, she's still at the stove fixing everybody else's plate before her own, so selfless. I think to myself as I look over the back of my chair towards her. When she starts gathering the plates up, me and Shelby help her and carry some food over to the table.

"There you go Luka, enjoy, careful though it's a little hot" I say as I set Luka's plate down in front of him.

"Okie dokie, thanks Sophie" Luka says as he eyes the food.

Once everyone's plate is sitting in front of them, my aunt starts filling in drink requests. "Sophie, what do you want to drink?" She asks me first.

"Um...Apple juice please" I reply to her.

"Shelby, what about you?" She asks looking over towards her.

"I'll take some orange juice if we got it please" Shelby tells her.

"Got it, Babe?" She asks, cutting her eyes towards her mate.

"I would like some coffee this morning please Doll face..." She cuts him off.

"All black with sugar, no cream?" She asks him.

"Right again, it looks like Luka's not the only one with their mate figured out" He replies.

"You've got that right" She replies, walking away going to fix are drinks.

Luka then turns around in his chair and looks after her. "Wait, Aunt Sherry, you didn't take my drink order" Luka tells her sounding a little confused, "Why?"

She just smiles back at him. "It's because, I've got you pegged Luka Honey" Aunt Sherry replies to him, Luka then turns back around in his chair.

"So Uncle Liam, Luka, can I be the first one to ask what happened while you two were out there?" I ask the both of them playfully.

"Yes you may" My uncle then pauses to clear his throat.

"'Luka and I were about a day out from the end of the canyon, we were at a walking pace, really in no hurry to get there. About mid-day Luka was starting to tell me that something was off, or something didn't feel right but I chocked it up as to being that he was just a little too overly excited about being at the end of the first leg of our trip, so I ignored it. Fast forward to that late evening, the sunset was just beginning, the sky was starting to turn a shade of light orange, but it still had a bit of blue left in it, Luka and I were starting to think about bedding down for the night. Now Luka had told me again that he didn't think something felt right, well I was getting tired of it so I turned around to snap at him, to tell him everything was alright when my nose caught a whiff of something on the cold breeze. I turned my head back around, and that's when I saw them, two figures moving quickly, across the surface of the red and white upper canyon walls moving towards us. I didn't know what to do, but Luka told me his gut told him to run, so I trusted him and we both took off."

"What if you guys needed to get some sleep? Luka said y'all were running for a week" I say.

"We'd let our wolves take control for a while, I did it twice, but Luka did it only once" He replies.

"What if you got thirsty?" I ask him.

We'd just eat snow as we went" He replies.

"What if you guys got hungry?" I then ask him.

My uncle then smiles at me. "Well we couldn't stop running to go hunting, now could we?" He asks, taking a playful jab it me.

"Alright" I say slightly annoyed.

Just then Aunt Sherry comes back with the drinks. "Let's see, that's a glass of apple juice for you" She says, handing me my clear glass.

"Thank you" I say, gently setting the glass down in front of me.

"And one glass of orange juice" She says sliding Shelby's glass gently across the table towards her.

"Thanks" Shelby says, taking her glass.

My aunt then turns towards my mate. Luka, this one's for you" She then says handing him his glass.

As my aunt walks around the table, Luka then looks at the contents of the cup, almost instantly his eyes light up again, I lean over slightly and take a sniff myself, I can tell just by the scent that it's chocolate milk, Luka then sniffs it and slowly drains the cup dry. Luka then looks over towards my aunt, who's across the table pouring my uncle his cup of coffee.

"Dang, Aunt Sherry, you do have me pegged" He says, "Can I have some more please?"

"Told you so" She says as she comes back around and takes the glass from him to refill it.

I look down at my plate containing scrambled eggs, two large cinnamon roll, freshly made cinnamon toast, and oatmeal and smile. This is going to be a great morning. I think to myself before I start to dig in.   

===================================================

There you go guys Chapter 4 (My lucky number) What did you guys think, any good? This Chapter actually took me around seven days to write, I finished it up listening to Angel With A Shotgun by the cab, love it. I will be going on a trip with my family up to go Kentucky this coming July, so by the time you guys, the always Loyal Emerald Shifters see this we may or may not be back. I was Also like to give another shout out to @Monkey122481, her books are simply amazing, I can't  say it enough you guys. The 'A Warrior and his Omega series' changed my who world, so if you guys love my work, your going to love hers, please go check her out.

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 13K 44
Complete. Rootbridge Pack - Book one. She's on the run. He's living a normal life. She's being chased by shadows - haunted by memories. He's just ha...
32.5K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
71.9K 3.5K 35
FOURTH BOOK OF "HIS ALPHA" SERIE, CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE, BUT CONTAIN SPOILERS AND MAY BE CONFUSING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO READ THE FIRST BOO...
750K 41.6K 37
(Featured in Werewolf) Parker Westwood is well on her way to qualifying for the US woman's gymnastics team. Determined to be on that podium in red w...