The Light in the Dark (comple...

By justdarcy

Holly Thorn lived in an abusive home for the first seven years of her life. One day her punishment went to fa... More

Hope
Thats depressing
Ill never forget you
Thug life
It will be like this forever
Tell you what?
Can we try normal?
The light
At Noon
Best in me
Mirror
Not a good idea
Emotional wreck.
An opened door
Last day
Crazy about you
She left
Always
I didnt hate it
Auhors note!
Never leave
Living
All was well
Wait for you
Gone so soon
Quick Fairwell
Boy was I right
Fight
All be over
Not my parents
False hope
Im mad
Attempt
Whats the point?
Simple people
No pain
Fear sheilds my eyes
Alive
Excited kids
Broken child
Free
Separation
Call me John
Unpredictable
Just like you
Where the memories lie
Imperfect perfection
Princess
Merry christmas

How it started

6.3K 162 34
By justdarcy

    This story is going through editing now I promise!

My wrist burned, so I stopped struggling and let her pull my limp body through the house and into the kitchen. Was it going to be my fingers pinched in the door? I personally didn't  like that one. I once had to go the emergency room with a broken finger. She took me farther through the doorway. Not that, I guess. She jerked me one final time till I was at the island. She gripped my ponytail and pushed my head into the island.

    I bared my teeth to keep from shrieking in pain because I knew that would only result in more painful hits. The world was now spinning around me and I could feel the warm flow of blood trickling down my neck. I muttered something that no one could make out, so she stopped. I felt her stick her finger under my ear where the blood was emerging.

    Everything around me was a blur. Just screaming and the sound of footsteps. That's when the world went black.

•••

    My eyes pulled apart and I was laying in a room, on a bed with white sheets. My mum sat in a chair in the other side of the room where a doctor was standing by her. I could see his lips moving but I couldn't hear him. I assumed he was talking in a low voice I just couldn't hear. A nurse poked her head through the door and motioned something to my mother. I didn't hear the door squeak. Or my mother stand up and leave.

    Once it was only me and the doctor in the room I sat up. He mouthed something and I tried to say something but I didn't hear it. My hands automatically wrapped around my throat. The doctor rushed to me and pulled my hands by my side but I was too confused to understand. He pointed toward a screen which had words pop up on it. The doctor had a keypad he was typing on. I could barely read and write but Understood most of what the screen said.

    Hello Holly. Now don't move a lot either. We are still working to see if we can save your hearing. He handed me the pad. I recognized the letters but they weren't in the right order. It took me a few minutes but eventually made the words

    She did it. He sighed and lay me back down on the bed. The took the pad from me and said.
Just sleep. And with that he left. I lay my head on the pillow.

What I didn't know then is that this would change my life.

___________________________

I know it's short but I hope you liked it😊 my other chapters will be double this size so just hang in there!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 108K 29
Maisie's deaf, she understands what everyone is saying to her by reading their lips. But, high school wasn't easy for her. Been the new girl is alway...
35 0 11
We are friends and some of Bella' Moon Morten deafblind pupils. Apart from Alberta We were also all children of rape. Even though Ansel wasn't aware...
207K 7K 12
Abused by her father for 4 years, sixteen year old Brittney Crane goes mute. Will she ever be able to be 'normal' again? Will she ever be able to tru...
66.7K 2.6K 58
**I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13** Caleb is the typical guy that every girl wants. He's hot and charming, and he knows that very well. What makes him eve...