Midnight Reign

By Beautiful_Mind

A native of Petersburg,VA ,Reign, sets off on a path to avenge her death. She was turned against her will by... More

Preface
One [Fire]
Two [Successful]
Three [My Love]
Four [South Africa]
Five [Visions Visions]
Six [Gone]
Seven [Home Sweet Forks]
Nine [Dress Up]
Ten [Anticipation]
Eleven [Confessions]
Twelve [Revelation]
Thirteen [Introductions]
Fourteen [Surprises]
Fifteen [Like You]
Sixteen [I Love You Sophie!]
Seventeen [Forever and Always]
Eighteen [Just Fine]
Nineteen [Heaven?]

Eight [Soul Mate]

308 6 0
By Beautiful_Mind

Tremaine’s P.O.V.

I had a very good day. Long and tiresome...I could tell you. However, it was good nonetheless. No, “good” would not suffice. I had an amazing day: meeting the woman of my dreams.

As soon as she set foot inside the hotel, I knew right there that she was the one that my God had created for me. She was gorgeous. I smiled as I thought about her hypnotic golden-brown eyes, her dark hair that cascaded down her back, those full luscious lips, and her mesmerizing voice. That voice could charm asnake. A shiver travelled through my body as I remembered her walking towards me; she walked like a goddess. She was a goddess. My goddess. She was the epitome of all things perfect. Even her unusual name – Reign – sounded perfect.Reign. My soul mate.

By the time my shift ended, I was beyond restless. I wanted to run up to Reign’s room but frowned as I was suddenly reminded of her and her Alex friend leaving earlier. I retrieved a piece of paper from my pocket and looked at it. That Alex girl had given it to me before she left with Reign. There was something about those two that seemed vaguely familiar. I couldn’t put my finger on it, though I knew that I would figure it out eventually.

I opened the letter and was surprised to see a hand-drawn map of Forks, Washington. The words “Come and find me” were written underneath the map. Short and sweet. I grinned excitedly, ran out of the hotel, and headed for my car.

Fifteen minutes later, I was back on campus of Forks State University. I jumped out of my car and headed for the upperclassmen dormitories. When I reached my dorm room, I decided that I needed to take a shower and plan my weekend properly. I couldn’t just drive off to Reign’s place without a game-plan. Man, I’d look like an idiot.

The image of Reign and her beautiful smile plagued my mind as I showered. I was fascinated by the fact that she never showed her teeth when she smiled – or spoke. I couldn’t get over her overpowering beauty; she was so beautiful it was almost unnatural. How could a human being possess beauty of that caliber? I shook my head vigorously. I had a bad habit of over-thinking things.

I got out of the shower and threw on my boxers. After doing a few sets of push-ups, I lay on my bed and looked up at my ceiling.

“I’m going to go see her tomorrow,” I said aloud, smiling and nodding. I was going to see Reign again. My smile grew into a grin as excitement filled my heart.

I couldn’t believe that I’d found my soulmate. I was in love.

I was in love with a woman I’d known for a mere twelve hours. She barely knew who I was, yet I was still madly in love with her.

I was in love and it felt good.

So damn good.

***

Reign’s P.O.V.

I honestly could not believe that Marion and Desmond were being so nice to me.I was a stranger after all yet they took me in as if I were one of their own. I had to do something to let them know how grateful I was. I needed to show them how appreciative I was of their continuous generosity. I didn’t know what I was going to do, though. Whilst thinking about my options, I started to unpack my things. As I finished unpacking my things, I could hear footsteps approaching my door. Before they could knock I opened the door to find Alex and Sophie.

“Hey Reign,” Alex spoke first.

“Hey,” I responded.

“Can we come in?” asked Sophie.

“Sure,” I motioned for them to come in. I closed the door behind me and stayed by it as Sophie and Alex sat on my bed. My guard was up; what did they want from me?

Sophie, noticing my apprehension, smiled gently.

“We’re not here to harm you, Reign,” she said. I tried to read her mind and found that i couldn’t. But once she looked into my eyes I was able to read her thoughts, and found that she was telling the truth. I relaxed a little.

“We bought you something,” Alex chimed as she gave me her annoying little smile. She handed me a small, flat box.

“I can’t accept anymore gifts from you.” I shook my head. “You’ve already given me more than enough.”

“Think of it as a token of our um – I don’t know Reign, please just take it,” Alex pleaded.

“You’ll hurt Marion’s feelings if you refuse,” Sophie added.

I looked at the two smiling girls and sighed. I caved.

“Fine,” I nodded solemnly.

Sophie handed me the box. I opened it gingerly and gasped as the contents of the box were revealed. It was a delicate, silver bracelet with a type of symbol engraved on it. I was at a loss for words. The bracelet was beautiful. Gently, I took it out of the box and slipped it on to my wrist. I smiled as I watched it sparkle in the light. I looked at Sophie and Alex and noticed that they too had an item of jewelry with the same engraving. Sophie had a necklace and Alex had a ring.

“It’s our family’s crest,” Sophie explained. A warm sensation filled my chest and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I was officially a part of their family. The bracelet on my wrist symbolized the love and care that was in the hearts of the Camden’s. I was a part of them now. I had a family again.

“Thank you,” I said quietly, emotion flowing through my voice.

“Don’t thank us,” Alex smiled. “You should thank Marion.”

“I will,” I nodded. “I’ll do it right now.”

As I opened my door, I was greeted by the sound of someone playing a beautiful song. It was a cheerful, light piece and it made me feel a little more at home.

Heading down the first flight of stairs, I noticed this huge picture frame of what looked like yearbooks. They had been arranged to make one huge masterpiece. It was beautiful yet so...strange. I turned to look at Sophie and Alex.

“Are those...yearbooks?” I asked uncertainly. The two girls looked at each other and laughed.

“Yeah, they are,” Sophie giggled.

“We uh, graduate a lot,” Alex said, still laughing. I guess it was an inside joke of theirs.

“Don’t you guys ever get tired of school?” I asked.

“Nope, it gives us something to do,” Alex replied.

I started to wonder how I was going to fit into their ways of life. Repeating high school again and again and again? I wasn’t so sure about that. After all, I’d just graduated from college. How was I supposed to get back into the groove of high school?

When we finally got downstairs, I found Elijah sitting at the organ and Silver on the couch with Angelique. There was no sign of the others.

“Where is everyone else?” I asked.

“Desmond’s at work and the others are hunting,” Silver answered without looking up.

“I guess that gives me time to find a gift for Marion and Desmond,” I said. Suddenly, Alex lit up. I rolled my eyes.

“Reign, let’s go shopping!” she asked. She was well beyond hyperactive. “The weather isn’t going to hold us back today.”

“Sure, let’s go,” I shrugged. There was no point in saying no to Alex. She always get her way.

Unexpectedly, Angelique was by my side, reaching for me. She wanted me to pick her up. I was bewildered by the fact that she was able to walk about as if she were a six year old child. The last time I checked, she was only a couple of months old. How was she the size of a small toddler? I looked from Elijah to Sophie; they nodded as if to say, Don’t worry, she won’t bite.

I picked her up and held her close to me. She smiled sweetly as she placed her tiny hand on my neck. I gasped as I started to see images of people laughing and enjoying one another’s company. I could hear the jovial laughter and I felt a strange sensation within me as I experienced the cheery atmosphere. I already knew that Angelique was a very different vampire; but this was something else. She wasn’t just different. She was special – extremely special. I smiled as she continued to show me beautiful images. I took it as a sign that she liked me.

“I like you too, little one,” I told her as I squeezed her gently. She placed her tiny arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I was so preoccupied with little Angelique, I hadn’t even noticed that the music had stopped.

Elijah was already in the garage. I could hear the sound of the engine running. Sophie and Alex were looking at Angelique and me with goofy smiles on their faces. I ignored them as I allowed Angelique to climb onto my back.

I grinned at Sophie and Alex.

“Race you to the car,” I challenged. I was seated in the car way before either of them reached the door. They both arrived a split second later.

“What took you guys so long? I thought you’d never get here,” I grinned teasingly.Sophie and Alex chuckled whilst Elijah nodded at me approvingly. Silver huffed in frustration and slammed one of the car doors shut.

What on Earth was her problem?

Tremaine’s P.O.V.

I felt like a brand new person as I woke up and jumped out of my bed. The big day had finally arrived. I was going to go and see my woman!

I hopped into the shower and sang as I washed myself and planned my day. I sang with all of the joy and happiness my being possessed. Excitement was bouncing around in my heart and my head was swirling with anticipation. I’d been waiting for this moment. I’d been waiting for a very long time.

As I exited the shower, I headed for my mirror and examined my reflection. I smiled as I noticed my blemish-freeskin, bright eyes, and million-dollar smile. I felt good and I felt even better knowing that I looked good too!

I left the mirror and entered my room, headed for my wardrobe. I opened the doors and began to search for my outfit. I had to wear the right thing; there was no way I was going to leave the house looking like an idiot. After half an hour of deliberation, I chose to wear a fitted Sean John shirt, complemented by the dark Diesel jeans I’d chosen to don as well. I decided to add to my Sean John attire by donning a belt from the same brand – it was my special black belt. I only wore it on very special occasions.

I could feel my restlessness growing as I put on my black Nike Air Force One sneakers. I looked at my reflection in my mirror. I jumped up and down like an idiot; I looked good – damn good. I just hoped that Reign would think so too.

Reign... I can’t wait to see her beautiful face again!

I managed to have a few bites of my breakfast before my anticipation removed what was left of my appetite. I threw the dishes in the sink, grabbed a few of my things, and left my dorm room. I ran to my car and opened it hurriedly, carelessly throwing my belongings into the backseat.

I pulled out Alex’s map and entered the details into my GPS. I started my car and paused as I reflected on what I was about to do. Was I being stupid? Foolish? I mean, this girl barely knew who I was – what if she thought that I was some random stalker? It was ridiculous, the way I was so in love with her. But...it felt so right. Inside me, I felt a sense of knowing – a sense of certainty – about what I was about to do.

I was so deep in thought…I had barely registered the fact that my GPS was telling me that I was five miles away from my destination. I looked at the device skeptically as it told me to drive down an unmarked road. It led to a copious forest. I looked from my GPS, to the unmarked road, and back to my GPS; it was adamant that I travel down the road. I sighed, resigned, and drove down the unmarked road, praying that I was going the right way.

Fifteen minutes later, after passing numerous trees and a beautiful stream, a white structure became visible. As I drove closer, I realized that it was a house – an enormous, white house. My breathing had caught as I took in the beauty of the house and its surroundings. For some odd reason, I felt very insignificant as I neared the house.

I parked my car next to two other sports cars, attempting to ignore the way they made my BMW look pathetic. I shivered as I stepped out of my car, wishing that I’d brought a jacket. I shook off the feeling and focused on the front door of the house. I breathed deeply, cleared my throat, and walked towards the beautifully carved mahogany door. I could have sworn that my heart was beating in my throat as I thought about the fact that I would see Reign in the next five minutes. I had to use all of my willpower to stop myself from hollering with happiness.

I reached the door and took another deep breath. Come on, Tremaine, you can do this, I thought. I nodded confidently and raised my hand. As I was about to knock, the door opened and I jumped slightly. Slight disappointment pricked my heart as I noticed that the woman standing in front of me was not Reign.This woman, however, was just nearly as beautiful as Reign.

The woman smiled softly. For some reason, she reminded me of my mother. I gulped nervously and cleared my throat for a second time.

“Hello,” I croaked. I cleared my throat a the third time, inwardly swearing at myself.

“Hello there,” she greeted cheerfully. “May I help you?”

“Yes,” I nodded profusely. “I’m looking for a girl called Reign. Does she live here?”

She looked at me carefully and grinned knowingly.

“Yes, she does live here but she isn’t home at the moment,” she replied. “But you can come in whilst I call her.”

“That’s very kind of you, ma’am,” I smiled gratefully.

“The pleasure is all mine,” she gestured for me to enter the house. “My name is Marion, by the way.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Marion,” I replied, shaking her hand. “I’m Tremaine.”

I managed to stop myself from gawking as I looked around the house. This house was one big masterpiece. From the design of the tiles on the floor, to the very paint that was applied on the walls. Don’t even get me started on the contents of the house!

“Would you like anything to eat or drink, Tremaine?” Marion asked. I turned around and shook my head.

“I’m fine, thank you for offering,” I responded.

“Great, let me go and call Reign. Take a seat and make yourself comfortable while I go and call her. If you need anything…just shout.”

I nodded and walked towards one of the windows whilst Marion left. An immense smile crept onto my face. I couldn’t believe that this was actually happening! I was standing by a window, waiting for my soulmate to walk through the door and notice me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 323 20
She used to be a good girl letting people in, always giving second chances turning the other cheek. A tragic event turns her heart cold and men could...
424K 13.5K 17
Maria needs a new start. When she moves to a small country town to start over will the people like her, or will they want to be in her business. Will...
198 10 5
Work in progress. Comments appreciated. Scarlet finds herself forced onto a path that she thought she had a choice in. With mysteries unravelling, th...
795K 15K 63
Gu Ningyou found out that she was just a vicious female support in a novel only after she had died. After she got reborn, she no longer wanted to be...