One [Fire]

Reign **Flashback**

It all started on the day of our second year anniversary: October 23rd, 2006.

It was a momentous occasion and I had decided to go all out. I wanted to knock Joshua off of his feet.

I'd bought a brand new bed set along with a comforter for two. That comforter was a real beauty - violet with intricate black designs. My apartment floor swere covered with violet rose petals. Fifty black and purple scented candles lit up the apartment. They—along with the rose petals—led to the bedroom. Everything was perfect - except me. I was nowhere near ready.

Within half an hour, however, I had showered, stretched and changed into my surprise outfit for Joshua. It was a violet baby doll lingerie set. It came with beautifully designed fishnet stockings and black suspenders. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked and felt sexy. But I still wasn't ready. I pulled out the purple pumps Joshua got me last year for my birthday, which set my whole outfit off. Joshua was going to go crazy when he was me; I was certain. I checked myself in the mirror for the last time and went to put our favorite love-making CD in the stereo.

I smiled. It was going to be an unforgettable night. I was sure of it.

**

“Reign?” Joshua called as he walked into our apartment, closing the door behind him. “Scarlett? Baby, where are you?”

He walked into the living room and sat on one of the loveseats. I walked into the living room quietly. He noticed my presence immediately.

“Reign what-”

His eyes widened as he saw me.Within seconds he’d pulled me into his arms and kissed me. Kisses sending fire through my bones. Joshua’s eyes went from my lips, to my eyes, and stopped at my little violet outfit. He looked back into my eyes; ecstasy ran through my body as I saw the burning desire in his eyes.

“Honey, you look...amazing.”

I knew I looked amazing; but it warmed my heart to hear him say it. I smiled devilishly and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Thank you, babe,” I whispered sexily. “Happy Anniversary.” I stroked his cheek and traced his lips with my finger. Sparks were flying between us. Joshua responded with a hot, passionate kiss that left me gasping for air. I pulled away from him, my chest heaving against his, and smirked seductively. “I’ll give you a minute to shower; you’ll know where to find me.”

“I want you,” he growled hungrily.

“Come and get me,” I grinned as I moved out of his embrace and headed for the bedroom. I could feel Joshua watching me as I strutted down the hallway, swaying my hips. I’m not one to blow my own horn but I knew I was working it! I entered the bedroom and lay across the bed, waiting.

Joshua joined me in the bedroom twenty minutes later. I took his hand and pulled him towards the bed. He sat down slowly; his eyes were fixed on me. I walked over to my stereo and turned up the music. I began to sway my hips to the rhythm of H-Town’s ‘Knocking the Boots.’ I worked my way over to Joshua’s side of the bed and danced for him until the song was over.

Before the next song could start playing, Joshua had me on top of him, my legs straddling his waist. O’Ryan’s ‘Take It Slow’ started to play as Joshua blessed me with another one of his passionate kisses. His kisses moved from my lips and to the base of my neck. He took one quick, sweet bite, tasting my blood. My body exploded with intense pleasure. Somewhere in the middle of his bite, he ripped off my baby doll outfit and started to devour my body. My loud, passionate moans filled the room along with the music playing in the background.

Joshua continued to answer the calls of my body; he finally gave into my desires after my continuous cries of “Ican’t stand it anymore” and “I need you to give it all to me.” We made sweet love to each other until the sun came up the next day.

By the time we were done, I had four bite marks. One on my neck, one on my inner thigh, another one on my lower backand one just under my butt. I know, it sounds painful and rather weird, but it was mind-blowingly wonderful. Oh, don’t worry. I wasn’t going to turn into a vampire. Joshua managed to bite me without mixing his venom with my blood.

Joshua held me close to him as Ifell asleep. I smiled as I dreamed about Joshua and me raising a beautiful family.

***

I opened my eyes slowly and searched for my alarm clock. It was already twelve noon. As I stretched, I realized that Joshua was no longer beside me. I gasped as I noticed that he was standing over me. He usually watched me as I slept but this time he was different – very different. He was in a crescent-like crouch and the look in his eye was the most disturbing thing I’d ever seen. He looked like...a beast eying out its prey. I moved away from him cautiously, fear pulsing through my veins.

“Josh, what’s wrong?” I stuttered.

Suddenly, his hands were around me –though not like they were last night. He was gripping me so hard my arms werebleeding. I squeaked as pain erupted from where his nails were piercing my skin.

“Joshua, please don’t do this!” I begged. He didn’t listen. He whipped his head around and bit into my neck. This bite was deeper and much harder than the way he had bitten me last night. Last night’s bites were passion-filled and done out of love and desire; this bite was cold, hard, and very painful. My body was shaking violently as the pain intensified.

“Josh!” I cried out. “If you change me I will never forgive you!”

I closed my eyes and opened them, praying that this was all a crazy dream. Nothing changed. Suddenly, I started to scream. My body felt like it was about to combust! I could feel the venom as it traveled throughout my body; leaving an excruciatingly painful trail behind it. My heart felt like it was beating in my head. My body’s shaking had worsened and the burning never stopped. I shrieked and shrieked until my throat became raw.

My convulsions were worsening and my head felt like it was about to explode. My heartbeat had slowed down drastically.

It won’t be long now, I thought. I began to say my last prayer.

“Lord, I’m sorry for not having done everything you have asked of me. I want to thank you for the life that I was given. I ask that you watch over my little sister and keep her safe. I pray that you also watch over my parents. Oh and if you make this fire in my body cease, and if I survive this, I promise to do good wherever I go. Amen.”

After what felt like an eternity, I finally realized that the burning was never going to end...