Fourteen [Surprises]

R’s P.O.V.

I watched as Tremaine slept. His breathing deepened as he dreamed. I could see into his beautiful mind and into his dreams. He’s dreaming about me, and that made me smile. After about an hour or two of watching Tremaine, I eased out of his arms, the bed and out of my room. I closed the door and went back downstairs to my family. Elijah was on the piano as expected, with Sophia by his side and Angelique sleeping in her arms. Desmond and Dante were deep in conversation, while Alex and Silver watched the twelve o’clock news.

“Where’s Marion?” I asked.

“She in the back,” Sophia replied, “better go catch her before she goes out to hunt.”

“Ok,” I told her and dashed through the living room into the kitchen.

 Marion, hold on! I thought willing her to hear me. In two seconds, she was standing in front of me.

“Did you call me dear?” she asked me.

“Well I was calling you in mind… I can’t believe you actually heard me...” I replied in disbelief. Elijah stopped playing.  I’m guessing he noticed what just happened.

“You didn’t know you could call out to people with your mind?” she asked.

“I, err no I didn’t,” I answered. “Anyway would you mind if I came along with you?”

“No,” she answered.

We headed out the back door of the house. We jumped over the river into the forest and took off like two bats out of hell. Marion was fast but I was still faster. We ran into a herd of elk. I hate elk, but I hate this burn in my throat even worse, I could tell that Marion hated it also. We look at each other as if to say ‘here goes nothing.

Marion got her fill first and she waited patiently for me to get mine. After I drained the last elk, I straighten out of my crouch and looked back at her. She was looking at me with her head cocked to the side. I looked into her thoughts to see what she was thinking. She was trying to figure out what she was reminded of when she looked at me. However, all those thoughts disappeared with my next question.

“So what do you think?” I asked her.

“About what?” she answered.

“Well… of me and Tremaine.”

“Well,”she said, “I absolutely adore you, and I think Tremaine has a great personality. And I hope we get to see more of him.”

“Thank you. Oh I have something for you and Desmond, but its back at the house,” I offered.

“Oh, Reign you didn’t need to get us anything,” she exclaimed.

“No it’s okay, really. I don’t mind,” I told her with a smile.

 She turned back towards the house and said…“I’ll race you.”

“Why does everybody want to race me? I’m tryin’ to tell you this ain’t what you want.”

“Are you afraid that I might beat you, Reign?”

“Pischh, no of course not.”

“Well let’s go!” As soon as she said those words, she took off.

“Hey! That’s cheating!” I yelled at her.

 I took off after her. I passed Marion a millisecond before she jumped across the river. When she stepped into the kitchen I was sitting at the table with my legs crossed with the gifts on the table.