Frozen Heart

Oleh TeeNice

First Book of The Heart Series: The Frozen Heart She pulled back her power and saw the Alpha walking towards... Lebih Banyak

Frozen Heart
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
EXTRA CHAPTER I
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 1)
EXTRA CHAPTER II (part 2)
Book II: Precious Heart

Chapter 25

1.9K 78 2
Oleh TeeNice

The Opposite

Paige woke up early, when she open her eyes the first thing that her eyes saw was Solomon sleeping face. He was sleeping so peaceful and calm that draws a smile in Paige lips. She stared at Solomon with eyes filled with love and happiness. This is the first time she felt this kind of happiness for seventeen years.

She grew up miserable when everything she has was taken away from her, but when she meets Solomon, he gave her another hope, or rather a brand new hope.

She put her hand on his cheek and lightly caresses it. She smiled softly thinking that Solomon was the only one who melted her frozen heart. Her mind was set that she really doesn't care if something happen to her, but thinking Solomon changes it everything. She will do everything to stay alive for Solomon.

Maybe the fate is not as cruel as she thinks it is.

She kiss Solomon's forehead before she decided to get up from the bed. She looked at the clock and it's still three in the morning. The sun has not risen yet and everyone is still asleep. She walked toward the bathroom naked and took a quick bath.

After taking a bath, she wore her usual clothes. She took a last glance at Solomon sleeping form and went downstairs thinking of making a breakfast for Solomon.

Paige heard a noise coming from the kitchen. She thought the women who as assigned in the kitchen are already preparing breakfast.

When she entered the kitchen she saw someone she least expected to see; her twin brother's mate – Alena.

Alena was doing something that Paige couldn't see because Alena's back was facing her.

She took the coffee cup that was in the kitchen island and finally Alena notice her.

Alena looked back and surprised to see Paige pouring coffee in the cup. She stood frozen there watching Paige until Paige look at her. She gulped quietly as meeting her violet eyes.

"I... uh..." Alena stuttered awkwardly trying to start a conversation with Paige. Every time she's nervous she this habit of playing with her hands and unconsciously hooking her stray hairs in her ears exposing her shoulder.

Paige follows Alena's hand movement until her eyes found a mark in Alena's neck. The mark was completely different from what shifter's mark. It is a sorcerer mark.

"You complete the mating with my brother" Paige said.

Alena's hand immediately touches the Payne's mark in her neck and then she took a quick glance at Paige's neck and saw a mark too. She look back at Paige meeting her gaze and saw Paige's lift her eyebrow as if she was daring Alena to say something about the mark too but Alena shyly averted her eyes form Paige moving her head to look down. She was still thinking what to say to Paige as she can feel Paige's eyes on her.

"Where's my brother?" Paige asked.

Alena moved her head to look up at Paige and met her famous cold eyes as what the Wolfsbane Sentinels describe. "He... uhm..." she couldn't look away this time as if Paige held her eyes captive. "He's in the Alpha office"

She didn't get any response or even a nod from Paige. "Uh..." Alena open her mouth when Paige was about to leave the kitchen. Paige just moves her head to look at her through her shoulder. "err..." Alena still couldn't find her words and she needs to speak quick knowing Page is waiting for her to say something.

"Do you want me to bring your breakfast in the Alpha office?" Alena finally asked.

Paige moved her head to look ahead of her and continue to walk towards the Alpha office. Before Paige was out of sight, Alena heard Paige saying, "No need" with a cold voice echoes in her ears.

Alena let out a breath that she unconsciously holding all this time. Her knees shook and she immediately put her hands in the counter for support.

She put her hand in her chest and muttered, "That was nerve wrecking."

Truth to be told, she was afraid of Paige when she knows Paige has a very right to kill her.

+++

Paige entered in the Alpha office without even knocking. Payne was seating in the sofa reading documents.

"So how is it?" Payne asked without leaving his eyes on the documents. When he got no response from Paige, he look up and saw Paige was leaning on the door post with her arms cross on her chest. "Sit there" he said moving his head to the direction of the sofa across him then looked back at the documents.

Paige stared at him and sighed. She went to the sofa across Payne and seated without leaving her eyes on her twin brother.

"So how is it?" Payne asked again and Paige still chooses to stay her mouth shut. "I can see that you finally completed the mating." Payne said thinking that if he opens about the mating he would get a response from his twin sister but Paige still kept her mouth shut.

Payne averted his eyes from the documents and looked at Paige. Paige just stares at him with her arms cross in her chest and comfortably resting her back at the back rest.

"What?" he asked.

"I really admire your mastery in mind manipulation"

"I didn't manipulate Solomon's mind if that's what you're thinking." Payne said already knew where this conversation is going.

Paige raised her eyebrow still doubting her twin brother.

"I gave him a little push" Payne sighed and put the documents on the table, "or rather option if that's what you call it."

"You told him about his scar, didn't you?"

"You knew?"

"I figured." She answered, "The first memory that pop out from my mind was the day I was getting sick for unknown reason then the next was seeing mom and dad tired face." Paige sighed and massages her temple, "You shouldn't told him about that"

"I did what was necessary thing to do." Payne replied. "And beside he has the right to know about."

Paige leans in the sofa and stared at the ceiling. She knew her twin brother is right but now is not the right time. No matter how hard Solomon hides the feeling of guilty in his heart she can still feel it. She knew Solomon was blaming himself.

She heard Payne sighed again, "It is the only way I know to protect you"

"Are you fully aware that he is not just after me?" she looked at Payne, "he is after you too."

Payne looked down, "I can defend myself"

"Really?" raising her eyebrow at her twin brother.

+++

Solomon woke up without Paige in his side. He sat up and felt the side where Paige was sleeping. It was already cold that means she was long gone.

Solomon yawned as he went to the bathroom to took a shower. When he finishes fixing himself he went downstairs at the dining area for breakfast.

He saw Alena preparing the table, "Good morning" he greeted

Alena glanced at him, "Good morning Alpha" she bows.

"Where's Paige?" Solomon asked. He tried to search for Paige through the mating bond. He can sense her in the house but couldn't pin point what her exact position. She's very good at hiding her presence even though they already completed the mating.

"She's in the Alpha office with Payne." Alena answered.

Solomon looks up and observes Alena while still preparing the food in the table. "You are a sorcerer" it was more a statement than a question.

"I am a half" Alena corrected.

"Half?" Solomon frowned. The scents he can smell from her were all sorcerer scent.

"Half human and half sorcerer" Alena smiled, "but my sorcerer half is more dominant than my human half that's why you can only smell the sorcerer scent in me"

Solomon nodded, "your sorcerer parent must be powerful to dominate the human side. Basically if two different races mate their child will either be full blooded or half but the scent of the half is mixed with two different races."

Alena looked away knowing Solomon was right. Her father is a powerful sorcerer that's why she carries the scent of her father than the scent of her mother. She pressed her lips together making it look like a line. No one must know who her father is. She must be careful around Solomon – he is not as ordinary shifter like others.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you" Solomon apologies after seeing Alena in deep thought.

"Oh, it's nothing" Alena smiled slightly, "I just don't want to talk about the parent's topic."

"Sorry" Solomon said.

Alena just smiled at him, "You know I'm thankful that she found you"

"I'm sorry what?" Solomon frowned again.

"Paige went through many suffering and heart breaking experience" Alena paused, "from what I've seen in her memories she already lost the will to live but meeting you gave her a new hope. She's changing"

"Well, people change for their love ones" Solomon replied, "that's what my mother always say to me."

"Do you know about the curse the twins bearing" Alena said while thinking "or something like that" it was not actually a curse.

"What do you mean?" Solomon still hasn't known everything about Paige, 'is there's more?'

"Well, how do I say this..." Alena crossed her arms in her chest while thinking for the right words, "The twins will always be opposite with each other"

"Opposite with each other?" Solomon asked. As far as he observed the twins get a long pretty well.

Alena nodded, "well how do I explain it?" she thought for a moment. "They are complete opposite, like positive and negative or good and bad."

Solomon frowned at Alena as he couldn't understand what she was saying.

Alena sighed and sat across Solomon. "We all know Payne was very much look like Alpha Vigo and Paige was look like Lady Lucille but have you ever wondered why is it that Payne is the sorcerer and Paige is the werewolf when it should be the other way around judging by their appearance?" She paused. "Lady Lucille is a full blooded – a royal blood in their race and violet eyes is the symbol of their bloodline as well as Alpha Vigo having a silver eyes means you are part of the Crescent pack."

Solomon frowned. Come to think of it, it should be Payne who will be the Alpha since he inherits the silver eyes of Alpha Vigo and Paige should be the sorcerer after she inherits the violet eyes.

"I'll give you one example so you can easily understand their condition" Alena smiled, "Payne is the sun and Paige is the moon. Day is his dominion while night is her dominion. Payne is a warm person while Paige is a cold person."

Solomon nodded as he finally understands everything. He remembers the first time he and Paige met. He was welcome by Paige cold eyes.

"And their future was played by the goddess of fate"

His eyes snapped at her watching her as her eyes looked to the far distance. 'Played by the goddess of fate?'

"They were destined to be with a Lifemate that has connection to their parents murder "

Solomon felt like someone was squeezing his heart with guilt knowing he was the reason why the Alpha and Luna of the Crescent of the pack is too weak to defend the pack. His hand found his long slanted scar in his neck and slowly traces it, and then he noticed the word Alena used

'They?' he thought. Then that means Alena was carrying the same guilt as he has.

"And the worse part of it is the other one will live longer while the other one will die early."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.4M 56K 40
Emily is a good girl, living a peaceful life in a small town, until one faithful night. She's been raped by the son of the town's mayor and his two f...
101K 4.2K 35
KY and sage, the toxic duo. They were two different people. Their lives and who they were was placed on the opposite end of the spectrum. She was shy...
12.4K 209 30
>THIS STORY WILL HAVE SOME EDIT< wanted to add this, Reader is a ♀️. just a warning there will be "x reader" related here and spoilers- so read at yo...
157K 6.9K 46
Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin Book 2 of...