HISS: A Tale Of A Yuxa (ON HO...

By CoraStar_

Melissa's life was always based on fashion, but something might get in her way once she figures out that her... More

HISS: A Tale Of A Yuxa
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

26 1 2
By CoraStar_

Chapter 3

Gabe finds himself pacing back and forth in his house in the middle of the woods. He can't get his mind off of the strange woman named Melissa. It's been close to a month and she hasn't woken up. He knows because he has stalked her in the hospital without being noticed. Abby said that he has nothing to worry about. As a keeper, she would know, but he can't just let it go. That woman knows he's a Yuxa and he needs to make sure she doesn't speak. He will kill her himself if he has to.

"Gabe." Abby gently lays a hand on his shoulder. Her blonde hair is pulled up into a tight bun. She wears her usual sweats and tank top.

He turns around with a small smile. "Hey."

Abby lets out a small breath and let's out her news. "She's awake."

Gabe frowns. "When did she wake up?"

"A couple of minutes ago. The informer told me." They hire a rouge keeper to keep them informed if Melissa awakes.

He nods and straightens out his leather jacket. "I'm going to talk to her."

Abby hugs him. "Don't do something that you'll regret. You're not a killer anymore, Gabe."

"I know. Hopefully it won't come to that."

"Go and straight things out with her. Tell her we will pay her for her silence if necessary."

"I will." He gently kisses her on her forehead. "You worry too much."

"You don't give me a break." She jokes. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said before he walked out with determination.

Melissa flutters her eyes open. She could feel the fear rising in her. She notices her surroundings. The white walls crowd her and she lets out a piercing scream. Over and over again her panic rises and her screams become almost uncontrollable. It happens every time she awake from whatever she has gone into a coma for. Her fear rises and her screams become filling.

The nurses almost immediately enter trying to control her. "Give me a tranquilizer!" One of the nurses yells as she tries to hold down Melissa.

Her screams only get louder and louder. One minute she's fighting the nurses and the next she feels the burn of a needle on her arm. She struggles to hold herself together, but she falls on the bed as her body shakes uncontrollably. Her face goes pale and her eyes open up vacant. Her body finally goes still and her eyes remain open as tears fall down her face.

"Get out!" Tony pushes through the nurses as they stare at her with horror and confusion. He starts shaking Melissa's body. "Mother Fucker. You people are useless!" He said to the nurses. "Didn't you fucking see the medical records? Her body fucking rejects reviler and tranquilizers." He shouts at them. "They make her look dead." He snobs loudly.

Raymond wraps his arms around his lover and comforts him as he snobs loudly. Tony let's his husband comfort him.

"Step aside. Let me see the patient." Doctor Devon enters. Raymond gently pulls Tony aside so the doctor can check on Melissa.

The doctor gasps at those purple eyes, but composes his features to not let others see his reaction. He turns to Tony. "Are you a family member? Has this happened before?"

"I'm her best friend. This has happen twice since I met her, three times counting now. I don't know how it happens. We went to one of the best doctors and got into debt, but they found nothing. She's perfectly healthy. It just happens, but she usually never wakes up this early. It actually takes her months to wake up."

"Does she have any family members that I can call? Maybe her parents?"

Tony just shook his head. His dark brown hair ruffled. "No, she was an orphan. She doesn't really have a guardian. The closest she's had as a family was me and my parents."

The doctor nods. "When she wakes up it’s like this? Makes her look dead?"

"No she wakes up and screams like she's being attacked. She looks as if she should belong to a mental hospital, but only happens for a few minutes until she notices where she is. She only looks like this, all dead, is when they put reviler or tranquilizers on her. Her body doesn't react well to it."

The doctor nods and turns to the nurses. "You gave her tranquilizers, didn't you?"

They nodded in unison.

"Well, we will just leave her to recover. Give her body time to digest the tranquilizers out of her system."

The medical professionals all leave.

Raymond hugs Tony. "Let's go get some coffee."

"I don't want to leave her."

"You won't do any good here. She's not going to wake up any time soon." Reluctantly Tony nods and walks out with his husband.

Gabe enters the hospital and sneaks his way toward Melissa's room. He stops when he notices Melissa's dead eyes. He locks the wooden door and kneels beside her bed. Her purple eyes stare back at him. Somehow she seems in pain and something in him turns at the thought. She seems dead.

"How do you know?" He whispers to her. He gently holds her pale hand in his. Her hair seems darker, and her cold hand seems as dead as her eyes. He caress her face, wiping the tears that fall. She's not dead, she's scared. Somehow he knows, but she doesn't move, she doesn't blink, it's as if she's dead. "There's something different about you."

Melissa can feel the burn in her body. She hand sense someone holding her hand, but as much as she wants to move she can't. The pain is all her fears. Flashes of images runs through her mind of brutal deaths. Images of people she doesn't know. They play in her head like a horror movie. She can feel her tears fall down her face, but she wipe them away. It's like being underwater for hours. Not hearing anything, but a soft whoosh. She can't control her body. She feels dead and it scares her.

Why couldn't she be normal? Why can't she live a life without the fear of being in a coma and lying awake, but no control over her body? Why can't she just be healthy and live like everyone else? She's worked so hard to make a life out of herself to prove to herself that she's worth it.

She was never financially stable when she was younger. She was raised in an orphanage that she hated. After graduating from high school two years early they let her go. She had to work three jobs just to pay off college because she didn't have parents that could sign for parent loans. And she was underage. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to afford college for more than three years she ended up getting her bachelor's degree in fashion design in two years instead of four. It shocked the school and she became noticeable.

A couple of years ago she got a big break and became a designer marketer for Victoria Welling, one of the top designers of the decade. Victoria is one of the most bitches of the bitch, but her designs and taste is amazing. She wants to be a big designer someday. And now that she makes enough money she's was able to get her masters. She just wants to put her designs out there and see her name in lights.

That can't happen if she's always in a coma. She's had enough. And image passes through her eyes. A picture of her sister. She died in her car. Her throat was slit opened. Melina never had a chance to live. She was always looking out for Melissa, but she died. Her tears fall even more.

She feels someone brushing off her fallen tears. The touch sent her into a dream that she wakes up from. Melissa can finally feel the ability to move. Her eyes shut and reopen. Her fingers flutter. When she senses that all her limbs are able to move she jumps up. Her bare feet move to the corner of the room she falls to the floor, hugging her knees. She shakes frantically. She never wants to go through that again. She never wants to feel trapped in her own body having images of blood, death, nd sorrow anymore. She wants to be free.

"Melissa."

Her head snaps up as her body shakes uncontrollably. A man with a black leather jacket with black hair eyes just stare at her. "Wh-who a-re yo-u?" She shudders.

His eyes fill up with confusion. "You don't remember me?"

She shakes her head. "Get away from me." She whispers. "Go away." Her tears fall. She's not able to keep them from spilling.

"What's wrong with you? Who are you?"

In Melissa's eyes the room turns dark and she could she shadows moves around her. Her eyes widen in horror around her. "No, no! Please. Get away from me." She snobs. "Go away." The man walks up to her and wraps his arms around her. "Please, make them go away. I'm not her. I'm not her."

"Who aren't you?" He asks.

"I'm not the Oracle of Delphi."

Continue Reading