Chapter 1

Chapter 1 (Melissa)

“Tony, breathe, just breathe.” Melissa calmly advices him.

“Breathe?! You‘re late for my wedding! Maybe this is a sign. Maybe it‘s not meant to be. Oh, how am I going to explain this to Raymond. Imagine his reaction.” Tony begins to cry over the phone.

Melissa rolls her eyes with a smile. “Listen to me. This isn‘t a sign or anything. It‘s my fault. I‘m late, sorry. On my way. Just try to relax. Don‘t freak out Raymond.”

“Freak him out! I‘m freaking out. I‘m your best friend stop thinking about him and think about me!”

“Gosh, you‘re needy.” she says sarcastically.

“This isn‘t funny!! Get your Barbie-looking self down here or I‘ll throw you out my life like last months shoes.” he screams.

“Okay, okay. I‘ll be there.” Click.

Melissa passes all the stop lights she could get away with. She has her long autumn-color hair half up with curls falling over her shoulders. Unlucky for her, she misplaced her hazel-colored contacts. Now she’s going to Tony’s wedding with her ‘freaky’ purple eyes.

Melissa turns up the AC a little higher. Tony decided a while back that he would have a Moulin Rouge wedding because of his obsession with the movie. She thought it was one of Tony’s many fantasies that would never happen. Who would want a Moulin Rouge wedding when you can have an expensive elegant wedding with ice sculptures and everything. She has no idea what goes on in that head of his.

Long story short. Tony named all his closest friends like a character in the movie. Guess who he happened to name Melissa? No one other than the rebellious Roxanne.

To make things worst, Tony is making her perform the tango scene just like the movie. Not that she really minds it at all. She was a performing arts major in High school.

Stand my ground I won’t give in, I won’t give up… Melissa sets her phone on speaker as she makes a sharp turn. “Hello?”

“Where are you?” Diane whispers.

“What do you mean where am I? I‘m on my way to Tony‘s wedding.”

Diane begins to whisper a little louder. “A wedding?! You have to be here now. Victoria is losing the London project because of last seasons accident. You have to do something.”

Melissa is getting annoyed. “I know exactly where you‘re going with this and no. The answer is no. I‘m not going to walk in there and blash my eyes at that jerk just so you guys can get the LP.”

“Do you have any idea what Victoria will do if she loses the LP?” Diane doesn’t wait for an answer. “The first thing she‘ll do is fire you.”

Melissa pulls up on the side of the road. She grabs the phone and pulls it to her ear. “I‘m not going. I‘m already two hours away.” she lies and takes a deep breath. “Go in there and pass me to Ander.”

In the back ground she can hear Diane’s designer shoes clicking on the marble floors. Not a minute later did she hear his voice.

“Melissa,” Ander’s voice is as promious as ever.

“Ander.” Melissa voice is cold.

“I haven‘t received any calls. Although I believe my sectary was mistaken.”

“No, Ander, she‘s not. I haven‘t made any calls. Let‘s get down to business, shall we?”

“No change in you I see.”

Melissa ignores him and continues. “You want to give us this project.”

“I do? Explain.”

“With our sales, and our recognition we have the material, and experience to set this years fashion show to an extreme. With new ideas and a new target market, we’ve designed a line that will be experimenting the value of natural beauty. You don’t make the dress, the dress makes you. Not to mention this will be both financial beneficial for you as for us.”

“I‘m listening. Continue.”

“Well, imagine what life was back in the 1600s. They didn’t have designers did they?” I didn’t wait for his response and continued. “ they had natural beauty. So my proposal is to changelleage the models to go on stage and have them really show they’re beauty. If you notice most of the attention is drawn from the desgins to the models, why don’t we drawn that attention to the designs and promote natural beauty?”

“Interesting. You completely caught my attention. I‘ll give you the London Project if…”

“If? Theres no ‘If‘. Either you give it to us or not.”

“There is an ‘If’. Now are you going to listen? Or am I going to have to call Miranda?”

“Fine.”

“I‘ll give them the London Project if you close the show with your designs.”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“Wow. That‘s big. Umm… thank you.” I didn’t expect this from him. This guy is a jerk. All he cares about is him, himself, and more of him. Wow maybe I was mistaken about him. He could be caring, and sweet, and….

“And go to dinner with me.” Nope it’s andre alright. The one who always gets what he wants no matter what.

“I knew your kindness came with a price.”

“Tomorrow night at 8?”

“No, have a doctors appointment.”

“Then tonight.”

“Going to my best friend‘s wedding.”

“On my way then.”

“Wait what? No, not here. You can forget.”

“I‘ll be there in an hour.”

“You‘re out of your mind.”

Click. Melissa stares stupidly at her phone. Did he just hang up on her? She chuckles. He doesn’t even have the address, the dumbass.

Bling! She opens her phone to find a text from Ander.

Don’t worry about giving me the address. Got it from Miranda. See you in an hour.

“Fuck my life.”