The Crafting Dead Short stor...

By Evilvixen05

A mere collection of novelizations of random moments from the RP series The Crafting Dead by SGCBarbierian ... More

S5 - E10: Losing a Friend
Bonus Scene: Barney's Death
S3-E4: End of Days (Nightmare)
Sneak Peek: 3 Days Later
S11-E1: Similar Interests
S6-E10: A True Hero
S11-E6: Striking Back
S10-E10: Red Wedding
S5-E5: Saying Goodbye
Sneak Peek: Intermission - Character Dossier
Intermission: Character Dossier - Original Group
Intermission: Character Dossier - Secondary Group
Intermisson: Song Explanations
A/N: Happy Thanksgiving!
A/N: Happy New Years!
A/N: Bad News

S9 -E1: 3 Days Later

918 19 14
By Evilvixen05

A/N: Hey there! Back again with another novelization. Kinda. This is a requested moment between Nick and Ghetto that a reader well... requested. xD Anyway, since it is that I will be skipping a part or two to get to that moment. So I guess a... hurt/comfort piece? *shrugs* Hell if I know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this novelization bit, requested by wolfsrock311

I can try to do requests as long as they're within the series, though I can try to do an original bit like I did with Barney's Death but that'll be tricky to do. Still, I'll try my best, if I can't do that then I apologize in advance and hope you can settle with an actual moment from the series itself.

I know I said, I'd replace the sneak peek with the completed part but, figured it would just be easier to make a new slot and slap it in there. 

**Now, I'm going to tell you that this piece isn't completed yet. I'm working hard to type it out as fast and best as I can. But I got a couple of ideas to make the request a little more special so it'll add time to it, hopefully not that much but just a warning there. 

And I felt bad for letting you guys hang and wait for it. So I'll you guys the majority of the completed piece for fun. 

Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gunshots chattered angrily through the air behind him as Nick raced down the halls in his search. He desperately hoped that Shark would be okay taking on the guards alone. Though the other brunet had insisted Nick go ahead and find Ghetto, covering for him by keeping the guards from Red's group pinned with gunfire. The Avatar trusted Shark to be okay but he still worried for him.

The halls went quiet for a bit and Nick slowed in concern at the lack of the firefight. Shark hadn't been killed had he? Another beat of silence before gunfire picked up again, the shots cracking the air. That must've meant both sides had to reload before continuing. Which meant the Avatar was fine and that Nick should focus on his goal.

The brunet let out a sigh of relief before picking up the pace to find Ghetto. He had to be around here somewhere on the second floor, the first floor held no sign of the dark Avatar. But where was he? Nick made a frustrated sound as he peeked down one dead end branch of the hall he was currently as he raced by.

Nope. Nothing there.

"Fuck, I really should have explored the place more!" Nick muttered to himself as he continued his search. You know what? That's what he'll do when this was over. Once he found Ghetto and the group reclaimed the CDC, the brunet was going to do some exploring to get more familiar with the place... and grabbing a map would help as well too. The Avatar nodded to himself as he skidded a little on his feet as he took a corner quickly and kept running down yet another hall. "That sounds like a plan, but first I gotta find-" He slowed down to take another corner and froze as a familiar figure stood in his line of sight, their back to him. It looked as though the Avatar before the brunet was opening a door at the end of the corridor.

Dark skin.

Collared cape in a familiar shade of blood red.

"Ghetto!" Nick cried out happily, relief flooding through him at the sight of his best friend. Thank God he was alive and okay. 'Thank goodness... he's okay. Now we can go back and help Shark.'

Same glowing green eyes-

-that now glared at him in rage, the dark Avatar lifting an assault rifle in his hands...

Relief gave way to concern and confusion as the brunet watched the weapon being aimed at him. Was something wrong? Why would...?

'Ghetto?'

BANG!

Nick cried out sharply in pain as the bullet pierced the flesh just few inches from his armpit; the round tearing through and fortunately, missed the bone entirely. Unfortunately, it clipped something that was equally as vital. Blood didn't gush but poured heavily from the wound as the brunet stumbled back and slumped against the wall behind him. Nick stared at his best friend in shock from both the action that happened and from the injury while his hand gripped his injured right shoulder.

"Y-you shot me..." His voice trembled, a hurtful and betrayed expression crossing Nick's face before the look was replaced with a grimace of pain; his dark eyes clouding over in suffering.

"This is for Jordan." the dark Avatar hissed angrily, leveling the rifle for the kill shot. He only shot the brunet's shoulder to incapacitate him, remove the danger of being shot back. After all this time, he had been chasing after Red; it had been Nick that killed the little tiger that stayed with them in the beginning. Jordan was just a kid, just a kid and Nick killed him. Why? Why would have Nick done that? What possible sane reason would his best friend-?

No... Now wasn't the time to ask. No reason would justify the murder, it'd just be an excuse and Ghetto was done with the lies. Nick killed Jordan, stole the life of a child... so it was up to him to bring Jordan's soul peace.

He lined the rifle, taking careful aim to avoid missing the shot. He couldn't afford to waste it. Nick stared at him, eyes clouded and hazy as he was no longer that aware of what was going on. He sway gently on his feet as blood continue leak between his fingers despite his effort to stem the flow. With that look, it reminded Ghetto of that of a walker.

Good.

It'll make it easier for him to kill the bastard.

"Rest in peace Jordan..." Ghetto whispered as his finger curled around the trigger and began to pull it back. But before he could completely pull the trigger, a second brunet leaped into the dark Avatar's line of sight, shielding Nick from being shot a second time; one he recognized. He was quick to lift his finger away from the trigger, shifting the gun away and glared at Shark.

"Get out of here, Shark." Ghetto growled, frustrated that his friend was protecting Jordan's murderer. "This isn't about you."

Shark didn't move, boldly staying where he was as he stared the dark Avatar down. "Ghetto, what are you doing!?" he snapped, horrified and confused of what was going on.

Earlier, he had been able to kill the two guards that had been shooting at them earlier and then ran to follow and find Nick. He had heard the gunshot and Nick's voice crying out while searching for him. Having thought Nick was being shot at by another group of Red's men, Shark raced as fast as he could to help. But instead of Red's men... he saw... this.

If he had been a tad slower...

Shark tossed the thought out before it finished forming, focusing on the here and now and keeping himself squarely in front of Nick to protect him. "Why would you shoot Nick?!"

Ghetto glowered at him in frustration. "Cory told me the whole story, Shark!" He snarled, green eyes flashing angrily, gesturing in Nick's direction with his weapon. "He told me how Nick framed Red for killing Jordan! He deserves to die..." He hissed the last part out venomously, glaring past the brunet to the injured one behind him. Shark flinched at the animosity that came out of his friend's mouth, if words could kill then Nick would've been dead by now.

Nick groaned in pain, cradling his arm closer to himself as blood continued to flow. Shark risked a glance to check on the Avatar himself and winced at his wilting condition. Nick was pale, his head was drooping and having trouble focusing on anything. Shark was sure that the brunet wasn't even aware he was just staring blankly at the floor.

Any longer and the Avatar was going to collapse.

"Ghetto, I don't know what Red or Cory told you," Shark began, staring into the dark Avatar's eyes and willing him to see what he was doing was wrong. They don't have time to argue, Nick needed medical attention and fast or else he won't make it. The pair not realizing that their friend in question was now watching them with distant interest; hearing them but not quite there to make out anything in particular. "but Nick is your friend. He's been with us since the beginning!"

Ghetto remained silent, gun still trained on the injured brunet but his finger was off the trigger. His eyes flicked between the two, judging and weighing Shark's words before his gaze stayed locked onto Nick. The anger he had... the hatred and intent to kill... ebbed as memories surfaced and pushed the red haze aside. Letting him see the times he spent with Nick.

--------

From the time they both met for the first time in Seaport... to the time they met Jordan. The little tiger was being chased by a small horde of walkers, cornered and scared. Both he and Nick were surprised to see a child surviving and jumped in to help him. They were wary of course but over time Jordan had proved to be a worthy partner, looking up to the two as big brothers of sorts.

Then the time AK had kidnapped Jordan... Ghetto wasn't the only one that was angry over it... he remembered that Nick wasn't just worried but angry too. Hell they chased AK across the sea to the city of Greenfield to get the tiger back. But even then, Jordan remained captive but taken by someone else and AK, who had spent time with the little tiger had grown fond of him too and was trying to get him back.

...It had been Red that took Jordan... held him captive at some theater. Nick had been eager to get the little boy back, cautious but still worried about getting to him in time. Ghetto remembered, it was Nick who spotted the tiger, Nick who checked on him... Nick who asked Jordan if Red was still there.

The tiger had shown no fear being around Nick...

Not only that...

AK was the last person who had Jordan before Red took him... and neither Nick or Ghetto himself had even known Red existed...

Which meant...

----------

Ghetto's eyes widen in horror. 'Oh god... What have I...'

Shark watched as the dark Avatar dropped his weapon in realization and sighed inwardly. 'Thank fuck he remembered the truth.' They didn't have the time to dance around this issue with Nick practically dying near them. And to be honest with himself... if Ghetto continued to be stubborn, Shark was going to knock his ass out, cuff him and deal with him later after he got their friend some help.

Now that they were done with this...

"He's bleeding out," Shark gestured to Nick, who was starting to lean heavily to one side as his body prepared to just give up and collapse. "help me get him downstairs to the professor."

With the decency to look ashamed and guilty, Ghetto remained quiet and followed the brunet to help keep Nick steady as he sagged almost completely against Shark, who was caught a little off guard by the sudden extra weight pressing on him. He wasn't heavy and Shark certainly wasn't weak but... he couldn't really carry Nick completely on his own.

They had a bit of trouble getting moving until it was decided Shark and Ghetto switched places. The dark Avatar slinging Nick's free arm around his shoulders and helped support him, while Shark stood next Nick's injured side. He used a clean rag and a bit of Ghetto's cape to tie around the wound in a makeshift bandage to stem the bleeding. It was a shitty fix but it would have to do until they got proper help for him.

"Alright, let's go." Shark said quietly and the three of them walked. It took Ghetto a minute or two of awkward walking but finally got adjusted to Nick's weight so they could walk straight with Shark helping by tugging gently on Nick's shirt to keep him from completely leaning on the dark Avatar. Nick himself didn't seem to really notice a difference, stumbling along as he went with them, his gaze unfocused on anything but the floor.

"I'm thirsty." Nick mumbled, eyes half closed and glazed over as he fought a little to stay awake.

Ghetto hesitated, wondering if he should answer but guilt gnawed at him. -Look at him. He's barely conscious and alive and its your fault. Think you're in a position to answer your best friend that you nearly killed?- The dark Avatar flinched as his mind hissed at him, looking away to avoid Nick's glassy stare.

"We'll get you some water, Nick." Shark replied, giving Ghetto a look of sympathy, knowing well that the Avatar was struggling with his guilt. He pat the injured Avatar's back, bringing his attention to him. "Think you can hold on a bit longer until then?"

The brunet nodded slowly as if he wasn't sure he heard correctly. "Sure."

Shark winced. God he sounded so helpless right now and obviously he was helpless given his weakened state. A chill went through him as a thought popped into his head. If Red came back... Nick would be easy pickings and now that Ghetto realized he was lied to into nearly killing his best friend in the maniac's stead; Shark was going to have trouble keeping an eye on both. He knew AK and Gray would help, but they didn't have the man power to keep Nick safe and keep Ghetto from going on a rampage.

...That's a thought best left alone, right now he needed to focus on getting to the first floor as fast as possible.

Several minutes had gone by when they got to the stairs, it was a quick walk but with everything that happened... it felt like hours since they last seen the first floor. Shark blew out his breath, grinning a little at finally getting some help. Even Ghetto seemed to be a little more upbeat... not a whole lot but enough to brighten his eyes at the idea of getting Nick the medical treatment he needed. There wasn't any gunfire or yelling, so it seemed that Red had abandoned the CDC and left.

That was fine, they'll get him later after they regrouped.

"Hey," Ghetto muttered, bumping the brunet gently with his shoulder. "looks like we'll get you that water real soon."

...

"Nick?" the dark Avatar questioned then yelped a little as weight suddenly jerked at his arm, nearly causing him to lose balance. Startled, he quickly looked to the brunet to see if he was alright, only to find that Nick had passed out, sagging against him heavily. "Nick!"

"Shit!" Shark cursed, quickly kneeling to check on him, pressing fingers to Nick's neck and the other hand hovering over his mouth to check his breathing. 'Damnit Nick you better be breathing! God let him be okay.'

The fear subsided a little when Shark found a pulse... but it didn't take much off. His pulse was weak and fluttery at best and his breathing was shallow; not very good signs in terms of health but at least it told them that Nick was hanging on.

Ghetto looked at him fearfully as Shark stood back up. "Is... is he...?"

"He's alive, must've been the shock of trauma." he answered, distracted. Not for much longer if they dawdled anymore than they were doing. 'Fuck! Fuckfuckfuck~!' Shark raked at his mind for answer to help before bopping his head with the heel of his hand and snapped his fingers, wagging his finger at Ghetto, who blinked at him in confusion. "Ghetto, you're going stay right here with him, I'm going to get the professor!"

"B-but..!"

"You don't know where he is right now, but I do!" Shark cut in as he ran down a couple of steps. "Just keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get worse!" And with that Shark darted down the rest of the stairs.

"Wait! I...!" Ghetto started but trailed off as soon as Shark vanished around the corner. His shoulders slumped as he glanced as Nick stayed limp next to him. 'I don't think I should be the one to take care of him...' -No shit you can't take care of him, Sherlock. You damn well nearly killed the guy.- Ghetto grimaced at the voice that sneered back at him and sighed, shifting Nick's weight a little to relieve a bit of the pressure and looked around himself.

Maybe there was a room to rest in, it sure as hell would beat just standing here like an idiot. -That's a surprise... when was the last time you ever thought about anything remotely useful?- He shook the bitter thought aside, adjusted Nick again and half-carried, half-dragged the silent Avatar toward the first door he saw, hoping it was unlocked.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Professor Xavier had arrived and set to work on saving Nick's life, throwing everyone out of the room to be able to do so in peace. That and keep everyone from flipping out at the amount of blood that stained the brunet's clothes.

That was three days ago...

In that time, Ghetto had withdrawn into himself, bolting for the furthest bedroom away from Nick's location and locking himself in. He barely came out of the room for anything aside from interrogation from Gray, who was trying to figure out what Red's goal was, but the dark Avatar knew nothing that helped. So the Major gave up and let Ghetto go about his activities, resulting the Avatar to retreat back into his room.

Food had to be brought to Ghetto to ensure he ate, if anything less than his usual appetite the others knew him to have. The food was either ignored or only half eaten; and even if they did have canned peaches, everyone was sure he wouldn't eat those either. Shark was first to try to get him to talk.

Ghetto's response to the matter was just a depressed look before going silent, getting lost in his own dark thoughts of 'what if'. Shark even tried to get Ghetto to see Nick... which ended badly as he outright refused to go anywhere near the injured Avatar's room and locked himself back in his room for the rest of the day.

Even AK, who usually let others deal with their internal problems to themselves to solve, was there to try to lessen the guilt. Often telling him it wasn't completely his fault but Red's. The dark Avatar would only sigh and reply heavily, "It is my fault."

Any attempts to get him to elaborate on it was met with him tightening his jaw and leaving the room like a kicked puppy.

Eventually the two gave up on getting him to talk, and spent their energies on helping out around the base in their scheduled duties. AK making his rounds to keep patrol and Shark switching with him if he wasn't hovering over Nick to check on his health.

And for those three days, Ghetto did nothing but berate and wallow in his guilt and self-loathing, waiting for Nick to awaken and face his best friend's rage and hatred that he was sure to be aimed at him...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nick's eyes fluttered open slowly, letting his senses return a little at time as he finally emerged from his unconscious state to the sound of voices speaking. Too disoriented to do anything at the moment, aside from letting his mind do a systems check to make sure everything was still intact and working; the brunet continued to blink as he waited for his vision to focus properly, listening to the conversation.

"Professor... Nick's been sleeping for ages, when is he going to get up?" a soft, worried voice spoke, one he recognized but too dazed think on it. But he did know it was a friend, a close friend that he trusted.

A sigh, one of concern and hesitation, the tone different from the first voice. "Honestly Shark... I don't know." the second voice replied, tired and older sounding by maybe a few years. Nick recognized this voice too, more recent than the first but trusted all the same. "It... Its too hard to tell in his condition. We just have to wait it out, unfortunately."

Confusion set in as his eyes finally finished adjusting to the light and colors of the world around him, allowing him to see more clearly. Nick blinked again, shoving away the call for sleep as he looked around himself carefully, taking in the two figures that stood at the foot of his bed, speaking to each other.

One in a guile suit and shades, who shifted his weight from one foot to the other to waste excess nervous energy rather than boredom. 'Shark.' A glance and Nick's mind provided the name to match the face and sense of security and trust; even while it was still busy doing its system check. His eyes slid to a man in a lab coat, at first he felt a sense of panic but that was quickly swept away and replaced with sense of calm as details of the man checked out with his mind that told him he was okay and safe. 'Professor Xavier.' This wasn't the same man in a lab coat that caused him grief and pain... this one is of help and good.

Nick relaxed as he remembered that these were two of his friends... good people.

And while that was all well and good... it didn't help lift the confusion his mind still had. Where the hell was he and what were they doing here? Why was he, himself, even here?

"Shark? Professor?" Nick called out, his voice dry and cracked, a mere thread of sound compared to how he remembered he sounded like. Okay, seriously, what the hell happened? Their conversation broke at the sound of his voice, both turning to him and crying out his name in surprise. The question he had dropped as Shark looked at him happily and the professor rushed to his side.

"Let me check some vitals." Prof. Xavier replied as he whipped out a stethoscope and pressed it to Nick's chest, listening to his heartbeat. It was then Nick was distantly aware that he was in pain, dull at the most but concentrated around his right shoulder. He was also aware that he was only half dressed, his shirt missing on his person but he supposed it would get in the way of changing the bandages that were on him. So the Avatar didn't struggle, leaving the professor to do what he wished and instead he turned to look at Shark in confusion.

"What happened?" Nick asked, hoping for some answers. But now that his body was more or less aware of what was going on, he didn't feel good at all. Nick pressed the heel of his hand against his temple where there was a pounding headache making itself known. Xavier mumbled a request and the brunet leaned forward a little, letting the professor press the stethoscope to his back to check his lungs as well. "Ugh... I feel like..."

'I feel like shit really.'

Aside from the headache thumping against his skull like there was a rave up in there, he felt tired and sore all over; his throat was dry and there was a bitter taste in his mouth. To be honest with himself, it felt like being run over by a car while having the worst hangover ever. "I feel terrible." he muttered, deciding against using the analogy he just thought up.

"Here, drink this." Prof. Xavier pulled the device away from Nick and handed the brunet a canteen of water, a look of sympathy on his face. Like he was expecting it happen.

More grateful than confused, Nick accepted the canteen and took a sip. The moment water flowed into his mouth, his body felt both alive and starved for the drink. As if he hadn't had a drink of water for days. That confused him but he inwardly shrugged it off as he forced himself to drink slowly even though the cells of his body screamed at him to chug the delicious life-giving liquid and demand more.

"Well you've been sleeping for," Shark began then chuckled nervously, looking a little distant for a second, "Wow... three days. No wonder you feel this bad."

That wasn't an answer Nick was expecting and would've spat the mouthful of water in shock, if his body hadn't drained it to rehydrate itself. 'Wait...what? I was sleeping for HOW long?' Nick blinked up at Shark in confusion, wondering if he heard him correctly.

"Three days? I don't remember any of it. I remember finding Ghetto but then," The brunet turned to stare at the blanket, his eyes glazing over a little in concentration as he tried to remember the passage of time. Anything that could help him but found nothing. Just a gap in memory. He sighed and shrugged, looking at the two Avatars before him helplessly, "...nothing."

Both Shark and Xavier glanced at each other and a knowing look passed between them. Like they expected this to happen as well. The other brunet adjusted the shades on his face as he sighed. "Yeah... Ghetto... shot you." Shark replied, his hands moving as if to help him explain. "It's just..."

"He was confused." Prof. Xavier supplied, seeing the other fumbling under the pressure and at a loss of words to explain properly.

Shark nodded at him, grateful for the help and let his shoulders sag, "Yeah, you can go with that."

Nick stared them, still confused and now more so about their reasoning of him sleeping for three days was because of Ghetto. He lifted a brow in disbelief to their words, "He shot me?" The two nodded and Nick frowned a little as he looked between the two Avatars. "That doesn't make any sense. Why would..." Their expressions didn't change. "Why would Ghetto shoot me? I mean I'm his friend..." Nick pointed out, not knowing his voice wavered and sounded hurt.

"Red..." Xavier began but was interrupted as Nick continued.

"We were trying to rescue him and..."

"Red," the professor tried again, fixing Nick a look to stop him from rambling for a minute, "put some... interesting thoughts in his head. I think that's what we deduced for now. He..." He glanced at Shark for confirmation and the other brunet had nodded that he was correct. Xavier continued, "Listen, he didn't mean it but he won't talk to any of us."

Shark sighed, twisting the green grass-like threads of his guile suit between his fingers. "Yeah, he hasn't... he hasn't opened up to any of us. He's been very distant."

"Where is he? Is he safe?" Nick asked, concern overriding everything else he was feeling at the moment. There was a slight panic as well, the last time Ghetto was distant he had killed Luis and was on dead set on finding and killing Red. They almost lost him in Hayworth because of that. The Avatar jerked up from the bed, grabbing at the blankets to throw them off. "I have to go find him!"

But the sudden movement aggravated his injury and pain flared up from his shoulder, sharp and hot. Nick cried out in agony, his hand shooting up to grip at his injury in hopes of dulling the pain.

"Nick!" Both Shark and Xavier yelped in alarm about his injury and quickly eased him back to lay down. The professor fixed the injured Avatar a concerned glare, a hand on his chest in case the brunet tried to move again. "You need to stay in bed."

To hell with staying in bed, he was on it for three days! He needed to know if his best friend was okay, "But Ghetto-!"

"Will be fine." The professor sighed, his tone understanding but firm in keeping the young man healthy and not rip open the gunshot wound and bleed everywhere. "You, on the other hand, need your rest." Certain that Nick wouldn't try to bolt out of bed, the older man crossed his arms over his chest. "You've been asleep for three days; you can't just get up and start running a marathon."

Nick sighed, a little annoyed but relented that they were like this because they were concerned about his well being. If it meant that much to them then fine... he'd stay in the damn bed. For now at least. "Well, where is he? Is he okay?" he asked then tensed in remembrance about the fire fight against Red's men when they tried to reclaim the CDC from them. "And the others! AK, Uni! Major Gray!" He jolted in fear for them when the professor, again laid his hand on his chest, keeping him from jumping out of bed.

"Don't worry, everyone's safe." Xavier reassured him, "Everyone's safe." He gestured to the door of the room. "Ghetto's just down the hall. When you're ready, go see him."

'It's important that you do. He needs to see that you're fine and to let him know you don't hold what he did to you against him. Poor boy's tearing himself apart over it.' But the professor didn't voice his thoughts on the matter, it was something the two had to deal with on their own, any attempts on their part was largely ignored by the dark Avatar.

"Yeah." Shark agreed, seeming to have the same thoughts the professor had and largely agree it was something between the two friends to work out.

Nick looked around, the room looked familiar and yet not at the same time. "Where are we? Is this the CDC?" Damnit, he really needed to familiarize himself with the place soon.

The professor nodded, "Yes this is the CDC, Major Gray secured it." And when Nick gave him a puzzled looked, he continued. "Red retreated, so everything's fine. You just need to rest."

The brunet furrowed his brow a little at the news and sighed, "Well... I still don't understand." Normally, he be relieved at the information and he was. It was just like Red to retreat to save his own hide...yet he had the feeling they're missing something out of that. He didn't know what that was but it was big and worrisome.

For the time being the thought was lost to the rest of the jumbled information he received, his mind trying its best to sort it out cleanly to process it all but both mind and body were just too exhausted to bother with real effort. "But I feel like I could definitely use some rest... so you guys might be right."

"You're safe." Xaiver assured him, giving him a pleasant smile. One less worry to... well... worry about now that Nick was fine.

"Just let your body get used to actually functioning after, you know..." Shark piped up, a hesitant smile forming on his face. "your three day rest. Then when you're feeling up to it, then you can go and see if you can talk to Ghetto."

Xavier nodded in agreement. "Yes, what he said."

Neither of the two would dare mention how it was touch and go a few times during those three days. It threw nearly everyone into a panic; until an exhausted Xavier threatened to shoot the next person that so much as stuck their nose into Nick's room if it wasn't their turn to keep an eye on him.

For Shark, seeing Nick hover between life and death; and seeing Ghetto tear at himself mentally over the whole thing, scared him. The entire ordeal had terrified him. He wasn't used to see either of the two in such bad shape.

Nick nodded along, oblivious to their thoughts and feeling the fatigue weigh on him. How was one able to sleep for three days and still feel tired? Well, either way, sleep sounded nice right about now. "I think I'm just going to go to bed. It's really confusing and I don't get it but..." he sighed, "you're right, I should rest."

"Good. We'll be back to check on you." Prof. Xavier said, he had to make sure nothing serious would happen. Perhaps a bit over the top but as healer of the group for now, it was his job to make sure his patient didn't get worse.

"Thank you guys."

"Sleep well Nick."

The brunet grinned tiredly at them, turning over carefully as the two Avatars quietly left the room to let him sleep. It didn't take long before he fell into a dreamless slumber as his body continued its attempt to recover from the damage and trauma it received.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 369 40
Two famous YouTubers, Mitch and Jason....and two normal girls meet by accident... Then a incident brings them closer together... Their loves are impo...
76.2K 2.2K 57
In this book, there will be separate stories with each person from SkyMedia. Just a warning, it will get super cheesy at times. I am also terrible wi...
215K 5.2K 64
Welcome to my SkyMedia One Shots :) I will be doing X Reader; no personal or ships in this book Also leave requests/ideas so I can write and avoid sl...
3.2K 92 25
As most stories start, it was a normal day. Well, if you can call any day in the Alienum family normal. A single command from Dad starts an entire...