My Lovely Jerk {Completed}

By TheRiverRunsDeep

You ever been tricked? You know, had someone make you believe something entirely different from the truth... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Chapter - 54
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter - 23

85.1K 1.8K 165
By TheRiverRunsDeep

Four Years Ago: 2009

“I think you’ve created a monster,” Randall whispered to me as we stared at Kat who was throwing popcorn at random people in the dark movie theater a few rows in front of us.

I had to admit, I really had created a monster. I mean, if you had told me a year ago that Kat would be the prankster, outspoken, don’t-give-a-shit girl she is now, I would have laughed right in your face.

Truth be told, it took a lot to crack her and get her to walk on the wild side with me.

At first, Kat wouldn’t really be engaged in playing pranks on people and making their days a living hell. However, now she is the one coming up to me begging to cause havoc ... not that I’m complaining, because it is really nice to have a sidekick. “Yeah, I know,” I stated to Randall with a smile.

“I hope she doesn’t get us kicked out of this movie theater. This is the last one in a thirty mile radius of our hometown that we are not banned from.” Randall complained as he was munching mindlessly on some Raisinets he bought earlier. Leaning back in his plush red seat, he gave off a sigh and looked around, clearly disinterested in the movie playing.

“Hey, y’all got any money? I’m out of popcorn and my mother grounded me, as you know, so I don’t have my wallet with me.” Kat proclaimed as she came back over to us and sat down in her seat beside me.

“You know Randall paid for my ticket. I’m broke,” I told her the obvious.

“Randall, give me some money. I will pay you back next week,” Kat schemed.

Looking over at Kat, Randall shook his head. “No.”

“But Randall, I’m hungry.”

“It is not my fault you wasted your popcorn, that I bought, throwing it at people who are trying to enjoy this horrible movie.”

“But ... But I’m really, really, hungry,” Kat whimpered with a puppy dog face.

Randall glanced away from her, trying not to give in to her outlandishly adorable wide eyes and perked-out lips. “I’m not going to fall for that,” he proclaimed, much to himself.

“I-I thought you loved me,” she teared up.

Biting my bottom lip I tried not to chuckle at how Randall’s hand was slipping down to the pocket of his khaki pants, clearly indicating that he was giving in.

Grabbing my arm, Kat smiled, “come get the popcorn with me.”

“Here is five bucks. I swear this is the last time I’m giving you money,” Randall bitterly said but we knew he was not going to live up to his words.

Laughing, we got up and left the moody Randall.

“I think you're going to have to pay him back as soon as humanly possible.” I told her as we exited the theater room we were previously in.

“Oh, I will the second I get my wallet ... Man, my mother is really gullible. She really believed that I was going to a study group with you guys.”

“I told you last week that your mother trusts Randall and I way too much.” I exclaimed as we walked down a hall with various entrances into different theaters.

“No, she doesn’t trust you at all, rightfully so, I might add,” Kat said with an evil glint in her eyes. “Hey, you know my mother informed me recently that she trusted Randall with my life.”

I gave a wide smile, “My mother feels the same way.”

“So,” Kat said as she nudged me with her elbow. Entering the main lobby of the movie theater, she wiggled her eyebrows. “Are you going to tell Randall?” She inquired.

“Tell him what?” I questioned as a blush found its way onto my face. I knew what she was talking about; after all, she had only brought this topic up every chance she had gotten. Yet, I always played naive.

“Oh, come on Elle! You are madly in love with your best friend! I mean, it doesn’t take a genius to notice. Even before I became good friends with you guys I could see it in your eyes. You hid it well but I know you.”

“Kat, I have never thought of Randall that way and I say that for the last time!”

“I don’t believe you.”

It was true, I have never thought of Randall in the sense she was speaking of. Well, up until she told me a little less than a year ago that Randall and I would make a cute couple. After that, I couldn’t look at him the same. It was hard to not think of what it would be like to be in a relationship with him. She planted the seed of curiosity in my mind that had unfortunately blossomed into a crush.

“You don’t have to believe me, Kat-”

“Just admit it!” She shouted. “You like Ran-”

Kat was cut off by me placing my hand over her mouth. “Gosh, I swear if you don’t stop yelling I will murder you in your sleep.” I dished out an empty threat and by the way her lips curved up under my palm I knew she could see I was just kidding. Letting go of her, I sighed. “I’m really being honest when I say that I don’t want to be more then friends with Randall-”

“You say you don’t want to be more then friends with Randall but let’s make this clear: you like him,” she intervened with a knowing smile etched out on her face.

“...”  I gave a sigh. “Yes! ... Happy? ... I admit it, I like him! However, I have been talking with Peter about this and we both agree that I shouldn’t make a move. It would jeopardize our friendship ... and I don’t want to do that.”

Kat walked over to the concession stand counter and told one of the employees working that she wanted a small popcorn. Looking at me after she ordered her food, Kat rolled her eyes. “Elle, everything you just said sounds exactly like what Peter has brainwashed you into thinking. It is obvious, after hanging around you and Peter for so long, that your brother will never let you date or be with a guy if he can help it. It is easy to see that he tolerates Randall because he has been your friend since diapers and bottles. However, the second you and Randall move your relationship up a notch, you do realize that Peter will be chasing him out of your house with a butter knife, right?”

Kat paid for her popcorn and we started to walk back to the theater. “For a second there it sounds like you are trying to convince me not to take my relationship up a notch with Randall.”

Giving a few chuckles through her nose, Kat shook her head. “You know that is not what I’m saying. My point was that Peter will never be satisfied with you and a guy. So, don’t take what he says about this to heart. Go get ya man,” Kat said with humor dripping in her voice.

“Kat, I’m not so sure,” I stated and then reached over to get a handful of her popcorn.

Smacking my hand away she gave me a stern expression. “No touching the popcorn. I still have a few more people to throw this at.” Kat’s wicked smile found her face.

“You are so evil.”

She gave me a shrug of her shoulders as we entered the theater.

***

“You’re home late,” my father said as I entered the house. His deep brown eyes looked up at me from a “Sports” magazine he was reading on the loveseat.

“Yeah, the movie was a little longer than expected,” I said using as little words as possible in reply to his statement.

Dad nodded and closed his magazine. “So, how is school going?”

Slipping off my brown wool coat, I gave a sigh.” It's going okay, I guess.” I told him as I started to wonder why he was making small talk with me. It was so unlike him.

Placing my coat on a wooden hook that was by the door, I proceeded to take off my red wool gloves and prayed that my nose and ears would warm up soon.

“Cold night for August,” he commented as he sat up straight and peered at me.

“Ummm, yeah,” I awkwardly stated.

“You weren’t at dinner,” Dad pointed out the obvious.

I put my gloves in my denim pocket and nodded at him. “Yeah, like I said the movie ran over ... Surprised you noticed the absence,” I blurted out without a seconds thought. An awkward silence collapsed over the room around us and I decided I had no need to linger around here. “Well, see you around,” I exclaimed as I started to head towards the stairs.

“Elle! Wait!” Dad called out, halting my attempt to leave.

Twisting back around to face him I raised an eyebrow. “Yeah?”

“Do you know a boy named Bryson Wyatt?” He questioned randomly.

At first I thought maybe Bryson had the audacity to come here and tell my father that Kat and I played a prank on him yesterday that left him pissed off and storming out of the school. However, I dismissed that idea because I have pissed him off more times than I can count and he never has even hinted that he would tattle. “Why do you ask?”

Father looked at me, silently, for a second before blinking a few times and sighing. “Nothing ... Nothing.” He quickly said before getting up and grabbing some files that I didn't notice on the wooden coffee table before him.

I cocked an eyebrow, confused at why he was acting so off placed. “What's going on?”

He stood up straight and shook his head. “Like I said ... nothing.” A sweet, innocent, smile plagued his face and I felt like smacking it off.

“You're rarely home. When you are here, you’re in your office with the door closed and locked. You’ve never been around for Peter and mine’s birthdays. You avoid any contact you can with us. Yet, I come home one evening to find you on the couch, reading one of your magazines and attempting to make small talk with me. I knew you had another motive. So, tell me, what do you want to know about Bryson Wyatt? How did you hear of him?”

Dad closed his eyes for a split second before opening his eyelids and looking directly at me. “Elle, you do know that I care about you and your brother. Right?”

“That lie is not up for discussion right now.”

Sighing, Dad shook his head. “Just drop it, Elle.”

My eyes snapped to the folders in his hand. I could tell that they were from work because it said in big blue ink ‘White Card Family Insurance’. “Is Bryson somehow tied in with the Insurance Company? Is he trying to work there or is he applying for insurance? Dad, just-”

“Elle, I said drop it!” Dad’s voice had raised a good twenty notches and in a sense it scared me to see him because his face was red with anger and he was clearly very upset.

Stepping back, I balled up my fist. “Whatever you say, Father.” The word ‘Father’ burned like acid as it came out and soon I was running to my room with tears running down my rosy cheeks.

He used to never be like this. However of the course of the past couple years he had turned into a hateful man that is always so engrossed in his work.

The second I reached my room, I slammed the door and crawled into my bed. Curling up under my warm covers I started to think:

Will I ever admit to Randall how I feel?

Will my father ever change?

Will I ever know what my father wanted with Bryson Wyatt?

... Guess only time would tell ...  that much I knew.

<><><><><><> 

Before you read my author's note, please note that the year in this memory is now 2009. It is no longer 2008 MEANING she has gained a years worth in memory. I have not shared the memoires she has been given in that year because they are not important.  So, yeah ... now she only has memory loss from 4 years ago ... I will try to explain that more so in the chapters to come. 

A/N:

Yeah, this chapter is important, especially the father bit when it comes to Bryson.

-- Yes, evil mind at work! (:

VOTE

Comment

SMILE

<><><><><><> 

TheFirstWinterSnow's (Maddy's comment):

Yeah ... smile she says ... hmm...

How on earth can I smile after that?  Her dad was a complete asshole, and once again, you've broken my heart with the whole 'Randall and Kat' bit ... *sigh*

It was a great chapter though.  Can't wait for chapter twenty-four! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 5 25
Ok started this in 2017, it's currently 2019 and I'm not the same person who wrote this, my style is completely different and so are my opinions and...
4.3K 180 16
It's easy for a person's life to change. All you need to hear is one bad thing about them and misconceptions fly high. The truth is though, not every...
364 1 27
Things would not always go as planned... Always!!!...make that never for me.. My life has suddenly turned from a peaceful normal life to a rollercoas...
11.9K 1K 20
"Why did you do it?" he asked. "What are you talking about" I replied nervously I knew what he was talking about. I just had hope that it would've b...