Legend of the White Witch {#W...

By abeautifulmelody_

Highest rating: #19 in fantasy! Edlyn has never fit in. With her unusual white hair and silver eyes, she stic... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
THANK YOU
A Real World Twist
The sequel is here!!!!

If Edlyn Lost...

6.8K 391 13
By abeautifulmelody_

A/N: Just wrote a quick scene for a book club contest themed "loneliness" and decided to use Edlyn's emotions if she were to lose the fight against Anabella and, thus, all of her loved ones, so I figured I'd post it here as well. Enjoy :)

Breathe.

You need—

You have to breathe—

Damn it!

Breathe!

I gather as much strength from my burning muscles as I can and raise my head.

She's going to catch you.

I force my legs to move again, pumping my arms beside me to gather speed.

My lungs scream for air, but I can't breathe, nor can I stop—she's coming.

Laughter, slow and maniacal, reaches my ears, and my heart nearly leaps from my chest—

She found me—

Adrenaline floods my system, strengthening my legs to continue running for my life despite my inability to breathe.

"Edlyn," a melodic voice calls to me, echoing down the dark tunnel. The lovely sound sends cold terror shooting down my spine and through my veins. "I told you I'd find you, didn't I? A good mother always finds her children."

I can hear a smile in her voice as she gets closer. I scramble in the opposite direction, my hands fumbling over rocks as I climb through the tunnels away from her. I have no idea where I'm going, I can't see—

"My dear, why are you running?" she asks. "You've lost."

I've lost.

She's right. I have.

Syfi and Celeste. Rurrous, Peter, my grandfather. Mariena. Estelle and Drina.

Alec...

All dead, all murdered by this evil, malicious, blood-thirsty woman, just to get to me.

Me.

She killed them in order to reach me, because I was too afraid to give myself up when I had the chance. When they could have lived, even if I had to die.

But I was too much of a coward, too terrified of what she'd do to me, and now I'm alone—

Peter told me what she'd done to him, I couldn't—

"Found you."

Every ounce of fear and the animalistic instinct to run with everything I have leaves, replaced by the desire to lay down and close my eyes.

I don't deserve to live. I don't want to. Not without my friends, my brother, my grandfather.

I give in.

The floor of the cave tunnel is cold and damp, but it won't matter soon.

Soon, maybe, I'll be with my friends again—with my family again.

I don't deserve it, but...maybe...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 742 39
Born an elf into a world where elves are hunted and killed, twenty-two year old Faeda fears she may be the last of her kind. Hiding amongst those who...
1.7K 202 47
❝ In a world tainted by decadent rulers, the Princess must step back to her kingdom for a revamp of the rules, claiming her rightful place on the thr...
341 0 49
Elwyn has been raised to hone a blade and destroy any who dared get close to the rightful heir. Avelina, Elwyn's oldest sister is to be queen. Unlik...
3.3M 138K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...