Without Him

By RMA5142

(EXTREMELY AMATEUR) Ella Daniels gave her heart away to Max Wilde, only to get it all crumbled up by him tha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Part 1
Chapter 31: Part 2
Acknowledgements & FAQ

Epilogue

155K 4.9K 426
By RMA5142

EPILOGUE

Time went by quicker than expected. It has been five years since Max brought himself back into my life. Things hadn't been easy like always. After the Ava incident, we were able to focus on the arrival of the baby. Max got so into the daddy role that he didn't even want Reeve's help with setting up the nursery. He put the crib up, painted the walls of the nursery all alone. He would have even put away the baby's toiletries and clothes if I hadn't insisted on doing it myself. Max detested seeing me up and walking, always suggesting I needed to rest. Unfortunately, at seven months of pregnancy, I had to leave Kerrington Enterprises due to pregnancy complications that were being caused by stress. Dr. Williams had warned me that if I wanted to have a healthy baby, I had to leave earlier than expected. Those weeks I spent home alone - while Max was at work, I was able to plan Mia's first birthday party. If I was honest, I never expected Max to be present for her birthday party or even her life and mine but to be able to celebrate her first birthday together, as a happy family was incredibly overwhelming in the best way.

Bliss and Reeve got married a few weeks after and left for their honeymoon to come back - two weeks later - with a surprising news. Bliss was pregnant with twins. Of course at the time she didn't know it was double trouble she was getting but nonetheless they were incredibly excited, being first time parents. I was equally excited since Mia was going to have cousins and Reeve will now be able to be a full-time dad, not needing Mia for it - not that it bothered me. Mum and Dad had also been ecstatic with the news as well as Reeve's parents. By the time, Bliss started showing I was almost due.

The baby arrived a few weeks earlier than expected and it hadn't been the best experience for neither Max nor me.

"Max!" I shouted from the room as the unbearable cramps increased. They had been consistent for the past ten minutes.

I moaned in pain as I stood up from the bed. As I was on my feet, I felt a trickle of liquid go down the inside of my legs, in an increased amount. It was red. Starting to feel dizzy, I held myself up, grabbing the corner of the nightstand. I didn't notice when Max entered the room but he was suddenly by my side. It was becoming harder and harder to stay up. I could only faintly hear Max saying, "Stay with me, baby. Stay with me." While he spoke to someone else. Who was in the house? And when did they arrive? I thought as everything turned black.

The sound of sirens filled my ears... Moving... bumping... strange voices... beeping... and unknown sounds. I tried opening my eyes but I just fell back into oblivion along with a never-ending, high pitched beep.

***

The next time, I woke up I was greeted by an unfamiliar room. Everything was white and several machines were attached to me, taking everything in, I realized I was at the hospital. My hands went to my stomach, the hard bump from the baby's presence no longer there. Anxiety and panic, started to set in. A nurse entered my room and started to calm me down.

"Everything's fine, Ms. Daniels" She spoke in an overly-sweet voice.

"My baby" I said, as my voice cracked from the dryness in my throat.

"A healthy baby boy," She answered, smiling and removing the oxygen mask I had. I exhaled as a wave relief consumed me at her words, the panic disappearing "Mr. Wilde will come in, in a minute. He was waiting for you to wake up to name the baby"

"W-what happened?" I remembered being home and calling for Max but after that everything was a blur.

"Your placenta detached, causing you to hemorrhage." She explained. This was what Dr. Williams had warned me from. I didn't think it would end up happening. I did rest and didn't stress as I was instructed. "But everything is and will be okay with you and the baby" she added before leaving the room, explaining she'll be back later.

A couple of seconds later, Max entered the room. He looked completely tired. Dark circles of lack of sleep, dominated his eyes. His hair was disheveled and a bare hint of stubble appeared on his jaw. His shirt was creased as well as his trousers.

"Hey," I said with a small smile, extending my hand.

Max walked to the edge of my bed, taking my hand and kissing my forehead. "Hey," he spoke as his hand caressed my hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Better than you, it seems like" I joked, hoping to get a laugh or at least a chuckle from him. I only got a forced smile.

"That was quite a scare you gave us" He suddenly said, his voice barely audible as he gulped, his Adam's apple visible as he did so. I frowned at his words, "You left us for a few minutes. They were able to bring you back. You lost too much blood on the way here."

I knew that thinking about the experience again was killing him and as curious as I was about what happened with me, I didn't want him to keep reliving it. I knew what he was feeling at that moment because I felt it too when he was in the car accident. "Everything's okay now, let's not think about it anymore" I brought our intertwined hands up and kissed his before asking, "Have you seen him?"

That ignited a sense of proudness and happiness in his face, he nodded as he smiled; the biggest smile he had given me since he entered the room, "He looks just like you, took your looks." He lightly laughed "He's so tiny but healthy"

I squeezed his hand as my eyes watered, "Mia's a big sister. How is she?"

"She's outside with Mum, Dad, Claire, Jack, Bliss and Reeve"

"Have you thought of any names?" I asked him.

He shook his head.

"Why don't you name him? Pick one" I encouraged him, giving his hand another squeeze. I had picked Mia's name because he wasn't with me and we never discussed the options since I had left. I wanted him to do this.

"Are... are you sure?"

I nodded as I waited, he thought in silence before saying "How about Holden... I mean if you like it, it doesn't have to be-"

"Holden Wilde, I like it" I interrupted him from his rambling, "I love you" I said as my thumb caressed his hand.

"I love you, too" Max lowered his head and kissed me. "Thank you, Ella May" He whispered against my lips, putting his forehead against mine. I knew he was thanking for several things; giving him a chance, giving him the gift of fatherhood, giving him my love, returning his love.

A soft knock interrupted us, Max came up and turned to look as his mother peeked in, "Can we come in? The gang is anxious out here"

I lightly laughed, saying, "Sure"

Grace came in, holding Mia's hands with Mum, Dad, Bliss and Reeve behind her. As soon as Mia saw me, she tugged her hand away from Grace's and taking fast steps towards me.

Max took his hand from mine and extended his arms as Mia came toward us, "Easy, baby girl" catching her.

"Mommy," She spoke, leaning away from Max and extending her arms to me.

"Hey, pumpkin" I spoke as Max sat her on the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Mum questioned as she came near me

"I'm a little exhausted and feel weak but other than that I feel well"

"Have you seen him yet?" Bliss asked, I shook my head before she added "Cutest thing ever! They have him in the neonatal unit" She said

***

After everyone left, I was able to get in a wheelchair and go to the neonatal unit to meet Holden with Max. We reached his incubator. He was wrapped in a white blanket with a small blue beanie in his head. The nurse took him and handed him to me, "He's completely healthy like I mentioned before but since he was early, he'll have to spend a few days here."

I nodded as she handed him to me and I held him for the first time, "Hey, baby" I whispered as he opened his eyes, blinking several times. His little hands were curled in fists, I lightly pressed my pinky to them, encouraging him to open them. He did, holding my finger before closing his tiny hands around it again. I look up at Max, who's attention was on us. I smiled at him, Max smiled back, kissing my head.

"Have you decided on a name?" The nurse asked

I turned to look at Max and nod, "Holden. Holden Wilde" Max answered him.

"Perfect," she murmured before turning to his incubator, replacing Daniels/Wilde baby on the chart with Holden Wilde.

Max and I got engaged a few weeks after Holden came home with us. The wedding didn't happen until a year later. It was small and consisted of only close friends and family. Bliss had recently had the twins, a baby boy and a baby girl. Mason and Blythe Crestwell. At that time, I didn't notice how convenient the small age difference between all of them was. Now, I did. The barely fought; Mia had Blythe and Holden had Mason so they entertained each other. Our family had never been so content.

After Holden's birth, Max and I discussed the possibility of another child. I was happy with Mia and Holden but if we did have another I would be equally happy. It hadn't happened yet; we had asked Mia and Holden if they would like a little sister or brother they both had said, "Mhmm" dismissing us and going back to playing. Our parents had also asked us about it several times, adding that we were still young - me being 27 and Max being 30 - and another one wouldn't hurt. I was a little scared that my incident with Holden's birth might happen again but it wasn't stopping us from still considering an addition. A planned one, since both Mia and Holden had been unplanned - not that it bothered me. They are the light and happiness of Max's and my life.

"What has you thinking?" Max questioned, interrupting my train of thought.

"Life. Us. Them" I answered, nodding toward Mia and Holden who were playing and running around the backyard of our new house.

The penthouse in the city wasn't so great for a family with two kids full of pent-up energy. We moved to a nice suburb. However, Max had gone overboard with the house; it had a pool, the biggest backyard, 6 rooms, 5 bathrooms. I didn't think the huge space was necessary but, according to Max, if we were going to add to the gang we needed the space. Nonetheless, the big backyard was very useful whenever Bliss and Reeve came to visit with the kids.

Livie and I still spoke, though rarely. She had met a hot guy (her words, not mine) in the busy streets of New York and they were both trying to form a relationship. Livie wasn't one to ever get attached specially emotionally so I was happy for her. Braden had gotten over the crush he felt for me and was now engaged to a girl he met a couple years ago in a gala. They were cute together and I was happy for him. We barely spoke since I no longer worked for his father's company. I had resigned and started my own. So far, it was going well and I was excited. Max still has father's company and to say Patrick was proud of his son was an understatement.

I stood up from my chair and moved to Max's, straddling him after making sure the kids were too busy with their game to pay attention to what Mommy was doing. Max grinned, taken back by my sudden action.

"I wouldn't change anything," I said as my hands went to his nape "We both went through rough times together and alone and even though, I might want to forget about them, I won't because I knew they were necessary for us to notice how much we meant to each other and how much we needed one another. I'm glad Livie forced me into that stupid college party 9 years ago and I'm glad you decided to talk to the little shy, lonely girl with the uncomfortable look. I'm glad I'm not without you"

The obstacles in our way were something I would want to go through again. They were a life lesson that the young us needed to experience. Finding love at such a young age and not know what to do with it brought us down but we resurfaced and went through every single bump together and at times alone. Thanks to those bumps, lessons and obstacles, our relationship and feelings strengthen and thanks to that strength between them, I now had a happy family. It was no longer me and Mia, like I thought it would always be. It was Max, Holden, Mia and me. I wasn't without him and will never be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 81 19
What if one night Max and Fang found comfort in each one night? What if they ended having kids? But max never told Fang? With the rest of the flock a...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

58.9K 1.4K 30
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
2.5K 71 16
This is a sequel to my first story Life As I Know It as picks up over a year after the last one took place. After everything that happened can Chris...
7.8K 344 24
Edward comes back after an unexpected night. But what if Bella doesn't want him back in her life? Edward comes back after 13 years since his and Bell...