Temporarily Yours

Autorstwa LifeIsLukeBryan

Caroline Boyer can never seem to find her place in this world. Whether it be a career or one single job, noth... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilouge

Chapter 36

2.8K 109 18
Autorstwa LifeIsLukeBryan

I peered down through the glass case, gazing meticulously at each and every engagement ring. There were so many, I felt overwhelmed. What is Caroline didn't like it? Sighing, I scratched my scruff, becoming more and and more stressed by the second. I knew I was ready to marry Caroline, but I had to take the next logical step in my plan on getting to there. In this case, it was purchasing an engagement ring in which heightened my anxiety levels by an insane amount.

"Sir, have you found one you like, by any chance?" A woman across the case said.

I was startled from my thoughts and looked up, groaning slightly. "Sadly, I have not. I have not a clue what I am doing."

"Are you looking for a princess cut, cushioned cut, round cut, marquise cut? Silver or gold ring?" The lady asked.

I chuckled, befuddled. "Can you hang on a second, ma'am?"

She nodded and stepped back. I pulled out my from my back pocket and quickly dialed Leah's number. She could help me with this. The dial tone sounded. Almost immediately she picked up.

"Luke?" She exclaimed. "What is it?"

"Why do you sound so concerned?" I laughed.

She scoffed. "You don't call me unless it's an emergency or you need help. And the occasional need to reach Blaine."

"True." I stated. "But I need you to haul ass to Kay Jewelers in that strip mall on Mallory Lane off of 65 down here in Franklin."

I heard her gasp. "Is this for what I think it is?"

"You'll see, just get here quickly please!" I said.

"Be there in a jiffy!"

I placed my phone back into my back pocket. "I'll be back." I announced to the lady.

I then walked down to the other end of the mall where there was a Chick - Fil - A. I was thirsty. I pulled my hat down, hoping no one would see me. On my way, I passed Victoria's Secret and smirked. I quickly dropped in there and bought Caroline an outfit off the secret menu. By the time I got myself a beverage and bought Caroline a gift and made my way back to Kay Jewelers, Leah had shown up.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, waving in her direction.

She smiled, toting Nash in his carrier along with her. "Luke, hey," She greeted as she approached me. "What's the issue we have here?"

I smiled at Nash. He was as cute as a button. Seeing him always reminded me of when Bo and Tate were little munchkins just like Nash. I definitely wanted more children, no doubt about that. Hopefully, maybe someday, Caroline could be the one to bless me with them.

I gestured towards the rings. "I'm as guilty as a man can be. I don't know what Caroline would like."

She laughed and just shook her head, leaning over the glass to peer into the case. She pointed towards a ring. "That one. She would absolutely love that one."

"I love it." I said. "I'm getting that one."

Leah furrowed her brow.  "Don't you wanna know how much it is first?"

I shrugged. "Doesn't even matter."

She chuckled, playfully slapping me on the arm. "I forget you make millions each year because you're Luke Bryan."

  She sat Nash down on the floor in his carrier. He was asleep, his little chest rising with each delicate breath he took.

I just laughed. "Even if I didn't, I'd still find a way to get Caroline the very best. She deserves anything and everything."

Leah spoke, "Remember when I told you I'd beat your ass if you ever hurt Caroline back in Mexico?" I nodded and Leah smiled softly before continuing. "Well, I don't think you'll have to worry about me doing that. You're a good man, Luke. Caroline deserved someone who would give her the world and make her feel loved, appreciated, feel like a queen. And you're doing a damn good job of fulfilling that place in her life. Thank you."

I looked down at my left hand, gazing at my ring finger. It felt bare again, like it had the first time I took my wedding ring off after Chelsea passed. It hadn't felt right then, and it didn't now either. But this time it was different. I was ready to marry Caroline. I was ready to make her my bride.

I glanced up, meeting Leah's eyes. "I love her." I said tenderly.

::::

The sun showed feebly through the branches of the trees, glistening on Chelsea's tombstone. Chelsea's favorite tree was a dogwood tree. She had wanted to plant tons of them on the farm when we broke ground there. She never got around to it before she was diagnosed with cancer though. I eventually planted one right outside her little cabin and it had only felt right to bury her under one when she passed.

"Long time, no see," I said lightheartedly and I squatted down. "You probably would have hit me upside the head for that joke."

I smiled, knowing she would have done just that. It was hard to believe it'd been almost three and a half years since she'd gone to be with Chris and Kelly. Also hard to believe Lee joined them. Tate wasn't very old when Chelsea died. I think he remembers the thought of her, though. Bo, on the other hand, certainly remembers her. I'm just glad he's taking to Caroline so well. Caroline reminds me of Chelsea in certain ways so I think that's why Bo is mostly okay.

"I'm going to marry her, Chels. I love her. The letter you left me, really pushed me to move on. Without that, I don't know if I would have."

I sat in silence, listening to the sounds of passing cars in the distance and the chirping of birds overhead and in and among the trees.

I don't think you truly ever can move on from losing the love of your life. I'll always love Chelsea, no doubt in my mind about that, but I also love Caroline. With Chelsea, it's now a past love that I'll always cherish. Yet, with Caroline, it's the new and exhilarating kind of love, a love that I need, it's an existent love.

Caroline made me whole again. She was the missing puzzle piece to this crazy jigsaw life I have. I never thought I'd find a woman to fill that gaping whole in my heart, yet Caroline did. She stepped into my life at a time I needed it most and I thank God every day for her.

Just then my phone buzzed. It was Caroline sending me a text.

Dinner is being prepared. Steak, red potatoes, green beans, and apple pie for dessert! I bought an extra can of whipped cream just for us ;) The boys have been missing you all day! See you soon. Love ya to the moon and back a billion times! <3

  That little text brought a huge smile to my face. It was the little things like that, that made my day. God, I loved her.

  I glanced down one last time at Chelsea's tombstone before kissing my hand and placing it on the sun-warmed stone.

::::

As I walked inside, I could smell the delicious smell of food wafting towards me. I quickly and quietly snuck past the kitchen heading towards my bedroom with the Victoria's Secret bag in hand. Once I was in the clear, I slowed down and rounded the corner. I placed the pink bag on the end of the bed and shoved the ring box into the back of my sock drawer. Then I quickly ran back out to the kitchen.

"Something smells delicious, baby." I announced as I appeared in the kitchen.

  "Hey, honey." Caroline said. "It'll be just a little while longer. The kids are out back with Til."

  She was at the stove stirring the potatoes in the pot. I approached her and gave her a peck on the lips.

  "What's this I hear about whipped cream." I whispered huskily.

   Caroline bit her lip. "Mmm, you'll just have to wait and see." She winked.

  I growled before smiling. I reached for her hand, pulling her away from the stove. "I have something for you!"

  "Can't it wait? I'm cooking." She whined.

  I shook my head. "No can do, miss. Now, come on."

She just laughed and set her wooden spoon down. "Fine."

I dragged her towards the bedroom. As we entered the room together, I made sure she didn't see the bag before I closed the door behind us and quickly pushed her against it, attacking her lips. Her fingers immediately tangled in my hair. We had a quick make out session which I can say I enjoyed thoroughly.

She pushed me off of her, her cheeks beat red. "What was that for?" She asked breathlessly, a trace of a smiling on the edges of her lips.

"I haven't seen you all day and that made up for the lack of kisses I got!" I exclaimed. She smirked. "I also got something to go along with that whipped cream."

Caroline's whole demeanor changed and I chuckled, pointing towards the bed. Once her eyes met what I was gesturing towards, she ran over to it, picking it up. Caroline gasped as she saw what was in it.

"Do you like it?" I asked wearily.

  She nodded vigorously. "I love it. Did you pick it out yourself?"

"In fact, I did." I said.

  She gave me a quick kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Our moment was cut short as we heard the padding of feet and the whine of Bo. "Miss Caroline!"

  "Oh boy," She sighed.

We laughed together as we made our way out of the bedroom. This is how I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I wanted to spend each and every passing second with a great wife and my children. I couldn't wait.

Author's Note

I don't know about this chapter guys.... I need feedback to update again!  :)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7.4K 513 93
This story is about a girl named Georgia who is a freshman in high school and she just moved to another town from Leesburg, Georgia to Statesboro Geo...
209K 4.8K 109
Luke Bryan's new babysitter might just be the one...
10.5K 185 16
Charlotte is struggling when she realizes that it's been quite hard with work and a four year old at home with Luke being away tour all the time. Wha...
69.3K 1.5K 31
A song writer finally getting somewhere in life. She has a big surprise of famous country artist wanting her lyrics. She makes friends, and maybe eve...