Hers | ✔ | (Editing)

By nadia__writes

❝I know love can be as pointless as it is to Nancy, and perhaps even as revolting as it is to Bill Sikes, but... More

Hers
00| Elysian
01| Orphic
02| Eccedentesiast
03| Kalon
04| Mauerbauertraurigkeit
05| Epiphany
06| Froward
07| Selcouth
08| Monachopsis
09| Illecebrous
10| Petrichor
11| Diaphonous
12| Lagom
13| Philocaly
14| Frisson
15| Abditory
16| Brumous
17| Haimish
18| Atychiphobia
19| Limerence
20| Collywobbles
21| Basorexia
22| Feuillemort
23| Querencia
24| Amaranthine
25| Lacuna
26| Aquiver
27| Commuovere
28| Adamantine
Author's Note
29| Redamancy
30| Kilig
32| Hiraeth
33| Eunoia
34| Demure
35| Zweisamkeit
36| Epilogue
37| Balter
One Shot Competition!
Deadlines & FAQ's!
Tomorrow!
One Shot Results!
38| Sirimiri
Prequel Is Up!
39| Latibule

31| Baisemain

15K 736 728
By nadia__writes

3 1 

B a i s e m a i n

/bɛz.mɛ̃/

(n.) a kiss on the hand.

  ♡♡♡ 

 I'd know you in the dark. From a thousand miles away. There's nothing you could become that I haven't already fallen in love with.

    ♡♡♡

N o t e 

Hey loves! I hope you all enjoy this - if you don't, I apologise, it is the best my brain can come up with at like 2 in the morning.

Unedited because it is currently 4 in the morning, so I am a lazy ass - so I apologise for any mistakes. 

PS - Damien on the side!

PPS - I entered Hers in the #Wattys2016 because I am a persistent gal like that. So please, show some support! ^^

Enjoy! <3 x

♡♡♡ 

 James looked nothing like Aaron.

Canary yellow tresses and pine green eyes, James looked nothing like Aaron's dark chocolate hair and azure eyes. The resemblance laid in the structure of their noses and the points of their eyebrows, and Rose could see the similarity after she spent quite a bit of time with James.

"Of course Aaron is attractive," He said when they played a random game of 20 questions. "He's my brother."

Rose tried not to laugh. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"My genetics run in him, and that is what's making him attractive," James said casually, shrugging. "That explains why he's so handsome."

Rose could see the cloud of pink that settled on Aaron's cheek. "We don't even look anything alike," He explained, a pointed look on his features.

James shrugged again. "But that doesn't change anything either – you are still handsome because we share the same genes." He looked to Rose, smiling. "Next question please."

"Actually, I'm hungry," Rose said, frowning. "Are you?"

James glanced at Aaron. "A girl that likes food is a keeper." He said, winking. "So I am going to ask this again, but can I please marry her?"

"No," Aaron said flatly, closing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets seated on his lap.

"Is it because she's older than me? It can most definitely be arranged –"

Rose laughed. "How about we talk about the wedding plans while we get something to eat?"

James nodded. "We can make cookies! I've never made cookies, so it will be so cool and interesting and who in the world doesn't love cookie, I mean it is sinful to not love cookies, especially chocolate chip ones and I can't even comprehend how people can –"

"James," Aaron said. "Spare us the word vomit, and can we please get baking?"

"In all fairness, I think it was excited word vomit," Rose said. "And it was adorable."

"This is why Aaron and I are brothers Rose,"

"James,"

But it was beautiful seeing the two brothers cramped up in the kitchen; James' small figure only reaching Aaron's hips as he tried yet again to whisk the eggs – How hard can it be? Now Aaron please pass the whisk, and oh, there goes a shell – while Rose piled together the dried ingredients for the dough, to which James also insisted on measuring out cup of sugar – Fun fact, brown sugar is brown because of the molasses – and Rose honestly couldn't stop smiling when she noticed how some flour slipped from Aaron's hands and fell on top of James' hair, but Aaron still managed to get some on his nose.

Perplexed eyes when Rose and Aaron tried to find the baking powder – Where could it be we looked through every drawer and shelf – but it was James who found it hidden just underneath the packs of flour – I just asked George, and he told me – and it took a while before they actually found everything. Spatulas, measuring spoons and cups, vanilla extract and chocolate chips, Aaron and Rose were like masses of moving limbs with no neurotic impulses as they tried and tried to search with mutters of Where in the world could it be and mumbles of How about we use our hands instead of a hand mixer, while James scrambled to find the lost items.

I am going to find them, and then Rose is going to marry me.

James!

Aaron also quickly pecked Rose's temple when he'd pass by her to get a bowl; grinning as he made sure James didn't see anything, but smiling when Rose went on her tippy toes and gave him a kiss to his jaw – You know, James could see you any minute – but Rose was too enhanced on how the flour on Aaron's nose made his eyes all that much bluer to even care.

"And now just let it sit in there for a while," Rose smiled as she put the cookies in the oven, peeling the mittens off her hands.

"Yum," James grinned, green eyes twinkling. "Now about our wedding..."

"James,"

"Aaron you're no fun," Rose noticed how James' British accent was so much more prominent that Aaron's, but she could always she a octave or two that sounded just like his elder brother.

Aaron just shrugged. "Stop talking about marrying my girlfriend."

"Not my fault you didn't marry your girlfriend yet,"

Aaron smirked lightly, and Rose could feel his fingers play with the ring on her finger – Oh my goodness I can't breathe – "You wouldn't know," He told the blonde haired boy, his blue eyes blazed with amusement.

"Please," James rolled his eyes. "I would know a woman is married just by looking at her – oh."

Rose could see Aaron fight the smirk on his lips, but he did grin profoundly. "Like I said," He stated calmly. "You wouldn't know."

"I don't believe you," James was mouth agape, staring at the ring rest on Rose's third finger like it was just a fragment of his imagination. "Is that real?"

Rose couldn't do it anymore. "No James listen –"

"Of course it's real," Aaron scoffed, sending his brother an unamused look. "What do you think of me as such?" Aaron even did the extra effort to flash his own ring to James.

James looked like he was going to pass out. "So you mean to tell me that you both are married and, and I wasn't invited to the wedding?" James quirked an eyebrow at his elder brother. "This is an outrage."

"Outrage?" Aaron was grinning subtly now, and Rose wanted to giggle. "How so?"

"You forgot the Guest of Honor you moron, no wonder she never brings it up."

"James,"

"And that's also why she insists on marrying me," He added casually. "Because I was always the one more fit."

"Okay you are not having this conversation with me –"

"Why do you seem so surprised though?" It was James' turn to smirk, green eyes glinting. "I was always a lady's man."

"You didn't even hit puberty yet!"

"Well, as if you did, the only thing you became was extra taller."

"James –"

"Hating on me because I'm right," James glanced at Rose. "Is this the manner you treat your younger brother with?"

"I wouldn't know," Rose said. "I'm an only child."

"Is this the manner you would treat any other human being with?"

Rose stifled a laugh. "Of course not," She gave a disappointed look to Aaron. "He's only 8 Aaron, stop being so harsh on James."

"Harsh? But he's being –"

"I've only ever been good to people," James said innocently. "And yet, I always seem to be treated in an ill mannered fashion." He turned to Rose again, and she could see the fake, but very realistic frown etched on James' lips. "Is that right Rose?"

"Of course it isn't," Rose said, pouting slightly as she gave James a hug. "You deserve more than that."

Aaron was baffled at his brother's act, but James just glanced up to him and grinned. "I do, don't I brother?"

"James you little –"

"Well you've always been a tosser anyway."

"Tosser?" Rose asked, puzzled.

"James for God's sake what did I tell you about using slang?" Aaron sighed, his lips thinned. "She isn't British, she won't understand."

James just smiled at Rose. "It just means idiot Rose, nothing to worry about."

Rose smiled back. "He has always been a tosser hasn't he?"

"Please, James has always been a blood wonker too, okay?"

"Well you are currently a nutter who –"

"No before we resume to your arguing, the cookies are done," Rose was giddy, practically running to the kitchen as she pulled the cookies out; yelling They're so beautiful! as she settled them on the kitchen counter.

All arguments seem to have evaporated from James' mind when he took one look at the cookies, and almost immediately, rushed to the fridge and grabbed the milk carton. "If you tell me you don't have your cookies with milk, I am going to have to ask you politely to leave."

Rose shook her head. "I have mine with chocolate milk."

"So Aaron, is it still a No to the whole marrying her thing?"

"James, for fuck's sake –"

 ✾✾✾

"I've spoken to a doctor, and I am technically considered dead until I get my second cup of coffee," Rose said, giving James a look that only meant she needed caffeine. 

"Rose," Aaron gave her a pointed look. "You know you can't have any coffee."

"But I just had one –"

"It was decafe," Aaron told her.

"But you always gave me coffee at the café –"

"Decafe too," Aaron smiled at her sheepishly. "I was going to tell you,"

"So you mean all this time I've been on decafe coffee without even knowing?"

"Well if it makes you feel any better, Aaron made me eat my greens by blending them into my ice cream without me knowing," James interjected, grimacing at the memory. "I knew it tasted weird, but Aaron just told me to eat up."

Aaron shrugged. "He didn't like cabbage, and it was important, what was I supposed to do?"

"Oh I don't know," Rose said. "Tell him like a normal person would?"

"But that's boring," Aaron reasoned. "I thought you knew me better than that."

James gave his brother a look. "Don't start with us."

"Frankly, I did all of that for the sake of both of your healths, so I am sensing how ungrateful both you morons are –"

Rose shrugged. "A heads up would have been appreciated."

"And to think you married this blood wanker," James muttered. "I have excellent posture, and good hair. Why wouldn't you want to marry me?"

Rose stifled a laugh. "You sure?"

"Absobloodylootely!" James exclaimed, shaking some blonde strands off his eyes.

"For God's sake, no swearing!" Aaron said, rolling his eyes. "How many times do I have to say this?"

"Just because you fancy her, it doesn't mean I can't be chuffed about my hair."

"No slang either!"

Rose just giggled though. "I do like your hair though," She said as she ruffled James' sunlit hair. "It's neater than Aaron's."

James looked proud; his pine eyes glittering smugly. "See? I told you Aaron, beauty sleep helps."

"You don't even make any sense you idiot," Aaron said as he shoved another cookie in his mouth.

"At least I make handsome sense," James said, grinning. "Better than nothing."

"You have 30 seconds before I will personally handle you," Aaron said. "You're embarrassing me."

"Please," James scoffed. "If anything, you're embarrassing me."

"That's it –"

"I hate to interrupt the cat – my apologies, I meant the dog – fight that is about to emerge, but I am here to inform you all that lunch will be scheduled in the backyard. Please do wear something light, the weather has lost the plot."

"George, slang."

"Of course, pardon me Rose. The weather has gone much too reckless for my liking."

"Alright," Rose smiled. "A dress will be good?" She could feel Aaron's pulse through his palms.

"That would be lovely," George smiled at her. "Now if you'll excuse me, I still do have some arrangements to tend to, so by all means, do go on with the dog fight."

"Well what if I wanted it to be a cat fight? Isn't that kind of sexist of you?" James said, quirking an eyebrow as he glanced at Rose.

Rose was trying hard not to laugh.

"As you prefer James, I just presumed that dogs would be more preferable to you since they were always your favourite animal," George reasoned calmly. "But if you will, then please, do continue with the kitten licks and tickle fights."

"I do not kitten lick!"

"Of course you don't, James," But even George was finding it hard to suppress the smile from his lips. "Now, if you'll excuse me." George gave them one more smile before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

"But speaking of tickle fights..." James looked at Rose mischievously. "You aren't ticklish, are you?"

"O–Of course n–not, that would be ridiculous," Rose stuttered, giving James a beam.

"More of that later," James grinned. "But have you been to the doctor lately? Because you're lacking Vitamin Me,"

Rose really couldn't help but giggle. "Oh my goodness that was so good –"

"James!"

"On a scale of 1-10, you're a 9 because I am the 1 you need." Rose was in hysterics now.

"If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cutecumber."

"Stop flirting with my girlfriend, it's creepy!"

✾✾✾

In precisely 35 minutes, Rose was dressed in one of her flowy lace dresses; lace detailing embroidered only on the torso and synched at the waist, but only had quarter sleeves and reached just above her knee. It was a dress Rose was comfortable in, and it didn't exactly accentuate how curvy she was, so it has always been one of her favourites.

She also decided to curl her hair with the curling iron Lana packed in for her (She also had to call the hazel eyed girl on how to use that thing) and it wasn't as nice as when Lana did it, but it was alright, and Rose was satisfied with that much.

She and Lana were in constant contact with each other; Rose practically blabbering on how adorable Aaron's little brother was, and Lana did occasional drop the hint of Aiden every now and then, and Rose knew it was just a matter of time before it would be out in the open.

"Please tell me you didn't burn yourself," Lana said on the other end of the phone. "I packed in the cautionary glove for that precise reason."

"I don't think the burn is that bad though," Rose told her, glancing at the pinkish bruise right at the side of her neck. "But it really hurts."

Lana let out a dramatic sigh. "Put some cold water or ice on it, and then some ointment. It won't hurt as much after that you idiot,"

Rose nodded. "Alright, seems easy enough."

"I want pictures," Lana demanded. "And I need James to be in them."

"You got it," Rose replied, making a note to take her phone with her.

"I need to see Aaron's face when he sees you in that dress,"

"Lana!"

"You wouldn't know Rose," She snickered, and Rose could hear the eye roll in her voice. "It's so fun to see a guy lose his shit over you."

"You probably just need to calm down," Rose laughed. "He doesn't lose his shit over me."

"Like I said," Lana replied. "You wouldn't know." There was a pause. "Now go my child and make an impression, I wouldn't want you to be late – remember, mascara goes on the top and bottom."

"Noted," Rose said, eyeing the tube of mascara right across her.

"Alright then," Lana said. "Bye, and have a good time."

"Bye," Rose smiled, before Lana hung up and she quickly swiped some mascara on her top and bottom lashes.

It felt weird to put mascara on the bottom, but Rose's nerves were starting to act up, and she couldn't really help but double check everything; pinching her cheeks just to give them a small tint of colour before she slipped on her sandals and left Aaron's room.

She somehow knew her way around the mansion (But it was still like a maze to her), so when she passed James' room, she could hear shuffles and quieted screams that echoed through it.

"I am not wearing that James, are you kidding? I will look like a bloody twelve year old!"

"But it will match Rose's dress you idiot! Besides, it looks bee's knees on you!"

"James, no slang!" A pause. "Wait, how do you even know what Rose is wearing? Or more importantly, when did you see what Rose was wearing?"

"I didn't see her change you pervert, she kept it on the bed while she showered!"

"Why were you in my room to begin with?"

"I just happened to pass by your room! Are you going to wear this or not?"

"I am not!"

"Fine! We'll look for another one!"

More shuffles could be heard, and Rose was on the brim of giggling her head off, but she decided to leave the two bickering brothers while she went ahead to the backyard – clearly, she had to ask directions, but she managed to find her way.

"It is a lovely day out," George was at the grill, surprisingly out of his black tuxedo, and instead, opted for some jeans and a blue button down. "Please Rose, take a seat."

"Thank you for inviting me," Rose said bashfully. "It's been a while since I had lunch out."

"It was no issue at all," George smiled, propping up the grill. "And you look lovely."

"Thank you," Rose could really feel her cheeks tingle. "You look awesome too, by the way."

"It does feel nice to not wear a suit every once in a while," George grinned. "Ah, there come the boys."

James was the first one that came running towards Rose, enveloping her in a hug. He just wore some simple shorts, and a red shirt as his hair wafted with the wind. He wore a toothy smile too. "You look pretty Rose, you really do."

"Aw thank you James," Rose laughed, kissing his cheek. "You look ravishing too."

Rose being a rebel, decided she wanted to sit on the grass instead; it felt nice and it had truly been a while since she had been to a beautiful backyard.

Flowers of all sorts grew around them, and the vivid colours were striking, yet they were so pleasing to the eye, and whirled an essence of nectar and honey.

James sat gingerly beside Rose, the smile never leaving his face.

"Hey, I would appreciate it if you gave my girlfriend some space."

Dressed in khaki pants and a simple white shirt, Aaron gave the outfit so much more credit that it should've, and Rose thought she could feel her bronchi tangle with each other and knot her breathing tube.

"H–Hey," Poor girl even forgot how to speak.

"Hey," Aaron smiled, on dimple indenting his cheeks as he sat down beside Rose. "You look beautiful," He told her, linking their fingers together.

"Too bad I told her first," James stuck his tongue out at the blue eyed boy.

"Woah, George careful!" Aaron's electric blue eyes widened as he watched the old man start up the flames. "Just wait, I'll give you a hand." He gave Rose a small kiss on the temple before dashing off to help George, and Rose just noticed how much taller Aaron was; almost seven inches above George as they maneuvered the grill around and got it firing.

The white shirt framed Aaron's shoulders so beautifully that Rose was starting to think that it wasn't the sun that was making her sweat and the way his muscles moved when they were moving the grill made and Rose couldn't breathe couldn't breathe couldn't breathe

"You know," James whispered beside her. "I've never seen Aaron so happy before."

Rose could feel James lean his head on her shoulder. "It's weird seeing him this happy Rose, it's just, it's been such a long time." James' voice sounded so quiet, so quiet that if Rose wasn't paying attention, she probably wouldn't have heard him. "You make him happy Rose, and I thank you for that."

"I love him James," Rose whispered back. "Of course I would do everything I can to make him happy."

"But that's the thing," James told her, and she could see how his pistachio eyes were trained on Aaron. "You're not even doing anything and yet, he's so happy."

Rose laughed lightly. "I don't know what goes through his head James, but Aaron cares about you a lot."

She could feel him smile against her shoulder. "And I love him for that. He is the only one that does."

"Hey," Rose said. "I care about you too."

James chuckled quietly. "Please take care of him Rose," James was whispering again, but this time, Rose could hear the strain in his voice. "Aaron takes care of others better than he takes care of himself."

"Don't worry," Rose smiled. "I promise you, I will."

James spoke years elder than he was; dips and octaves of his voice sounding so much like an adult that it made Rose curious on what he saw – or better yet – what he felt for him to become like this.

Aaron stumbled back to his place, beads of sweat already trailing down his neck – Oh my God have mercy – before he asked. "Nice weather, isn't it?"

"Not as nice as Rose's eyes."

"James!"

The afternoon was spent nicely; the subtle breeze drifted through the air as they munched on their lunch, which was hamburgers and some fries or as James called it, Canadian nosh (Aaron scolded him again for using slang in front of Rose), and Rose's blonde strands tickled her collarbone as they did play for a bit on the swing set – James' suggestion of course – before they played a bit of tag until the sun slowly started dipping into the night sky. 

"I had a lot of fun!" James grinned, his own subtle dimples protruding from his cheeks. "We should do it more often," He said, nodding his head. "Especially if I get to see Rose in pretty dresses."

Aaron smacked the back of James' head, snickering.

"Not my fault she's naturally beautiful," James muttered, rubbing the back of his head. "If I was elder –"

"But you aren't," Aaron piped in, wrapping an arm around Rose's shoulder. "So quit thinking about it."

James rolled his eyes. "Well I'll have you know –"

"James, it's time for your bath," George gave a small smile to the blonde haired boy, a towel already draped on his forearm. "Whenever you're ready."

"I'll be right there," James told him, glancing at Rose. "You can join me if you wish."

"James!"

"There's another compartment in my bathroom you moron! I wouldn't want to see her naked!"

"Now you offended her!"

"Alright, I wouldn't want her to see me naked!"

But Rose just giggled. "Maybe next time, Aaron and I want to continue reading some Harry Potter." She told him.

"If I tell you Aaron can join us, will you change your mind?"

"I am not joining you in the bath,"

"But you used to!"

"I am not joining you so my girlfriend can come along!"

"You're no fun," James said. "I was going to wear my swim wear anyway," He mumbled.

James eventually went with George for his daily bath, while Aaron and Rose made their way to James' room, where Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix lay.

Aaron was muttering underneath his breathe.

"What's wrong?" Rose laughed, noticing how he was sporting a scowl. "You seem annoyed."

"Nothing," Aaron said, a slight tinge of angst swirled in his tone. "We haven't been alone in a while, so I guess I am mentally suffering now."

"You sound clingy, my goodness."

Aaron shrugged. "Dedicated is more preferable," He then leant down and gave Rose a long kiss. "I miss you." He whispered to her.

"We've literally been together the whole day,"

Aaron shrugged again. "I don't know, I feel like I haven't talked with you much today."

"We're talking now."

"Can you stop being a smartass when I am trying to be romantic?"

"Do we still come off as cliché to you?"

Aaron laughed, kissing her forehead. "Come on, let's go read."

It was Aaron's turn to read, and he read beautifully; giving care to every letter he pronounced, and he even started doing different accents for different characters, and Rose couldn't really help but enjoy the experience that much more. Aaron held her close as he read; an arm around Rose while the other balanced the book, but his eyes always seemed to flicker to the smile adorning Rose's lips whenever magic was mentioned.

When they were on Aaron's reading break, he was staring intently at Rose once more. "What is it?" Rose laughed, sipping some water. "Something on my face?"

"Yeah, your obsession with me."

"Hey!" Rose rolled her eyes. "You mean your obsession with me."

Aaron laughed, but then his eyes turned delicate; almost baby blue. "You know," He told her quietly. "This is the first time I have been here and I am able to breathe properly."

Rose kept quiet; she didn't know what Aaron was implying, but she did run her fingers across his knuckles, waiting for him to continue.

"I don't know," Aaron muttered, running a hand through his messy hair. "Maybe it's because you're here with me."

"Aaron –"

"Like I said before," Aaron was smiling now, and the gentle smile embellishing his lips matched his eyes so beautifully. "This trip meant a lot to me, and you might not understand it, but it's very special to me." He tentatively brushed a stray curl behind Rose's ear almost shyly.

"I would cross oceans for you," Rose whispered to him quietly. "This doesn't even come close to the things I am willing to do for you Aaron."

His smile became softer; cerulean eyes more translucent. "Rose," He whispered. "I traded honor, money, and a title for James," His hand came to cup her cheek. "I know I can trade away everything else for you." He breathed, nothing but solemn devoted furnishing his eyes. 

And Rose didn't know – she didn't know why she wrapped her arms so tightly around Aaron is such a manner that it silenced her vocal cords, because she knew anything she would tell him back, wouldn't mean half of what she felt.

"I wouldn't want you to trade away anything else for me, Aaron," Rose mumbled, burying her face in the home his collarbones were to her. "You would be a bloody tosser if you did that."

"Rose,"

"Sorry, sorry, a stupid idiot."

But Aaron couldn't help but chuckle, finding home in the curve of Rose's shoulder too. "If I am a tosser, then you are a bugger."

"Blimey!"

"Rose, no slang!"

✾✾✾

James insisted on watching some telly when they wanted to pass some time.

"Umm, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but...where is the TV?" Rose's eyes tried so hard to look for a screen, but the living room was practically empty; just cream silk sofas and a warm fire place, there was no television to be seen.

Aaron was the one who cracked a smile, but it was James who took the remote in his hand and pressed a button.

Instantly, a 110' white screen emerged from the ceiling; reaching just in front of the sitting pair, already gleaming with light and a channel list displayed.

"Woah..." Rose mumbled. "That's pretty sick."

"Sick, but completely unnecessary," James commented. "I don't see the purpose in a disappearing telly, but it does save space."

45 minutes into an episode of a random show, George knocked rather loudly at the door, and when he entered, he looked pale; fear stricken grey eyes nervously roamed the room. "Aaron, James, Rose listen –"

"George? Is everything in order? Why is the living room opened?"

It was a different voice; a voice that made Aaron freeze beside Rose, and made James visibly stiffen. George was shaking. "Nothing sir," George replied, but there was still a nervous tick in his tone. "Just regular protocol."

"I created the protocol," The voice seethed right across the hallway. "So don't you dare lie to me." The tone was now colder; more stern and there was an octave of angst twirled in.

"Aaron," James was whispering quietly now, his pine eyes entwined with fright. "Hide, go with Rose where –"

"George, I believe I requested something," The voice demanded frostily. "The truth."

"George," Aaron mumbled beside Rose, and she could feel his shoulders trembling. "Just tell him, tell him we're here."

"But Aaron –"

"George, if I am not told the truth this instant, I will see to it myself. And of course, consider yourself fired." The voice was menacing now; almost outraged.

"George," Aaron said quietly, but there was still a stern tone to his voice. "Do it, we are not worth losing your job over. Think of your daughter."

The grey eyed man sent a remorseful look to Aaron and Rose, before he stood up straighter, removing his grip from the door knob. "I was just attending to some guests sire,"

"Guests?" The voice seethed. "Were guests ever allowed George? Tell me, in all the years you've worked here, did my parents ever take guests lightly?"

"My apologies," Rose could feel her heart instantly quicken, and she even noticed how George's hand was trembling. "It was of utter urgency."

"Move," The voice commanded; cold and stern. "I want to see what kind of abominations have the audacity to infect my home."

George was instantly pushed out of the way, and a tall guy – who was probably in his early twenties – stormed into the room with eyes just as blue as Aaron's.

A wicked grin spread across his lips. "Well if it isn't my fellow little brother," And his gaze fell upon Rose. "And he's brought company." A humorless chuckle escaped his lips. "Mum and Dad will be pleased, won't they?"

Rose didn't even know Aaron got up until she saw him stand right across the guy. "It's been a while, Damien," Aaron said, and Rose was surprised on how calm and collected his voice was, but she could still make out the slight trembles his elbows were making. He shocked Rose even more when he offered Damien an outstretched hand.

Damien was so much more buff than Aaron; tanned and muscular, it seemed like years of gym and exercise were dedicated to master the body he had now, such a contrast to Aaron's skinny and lanky figure. He was wearing the finest of suits; a black suit jacket, paired with black trousers, a white dress shirt and a black tie, Damien looked handsome – and Rose would've thought he was handsome if the smile playing on his lips wasn't so toxic.

Damien shook Aaron's hand more aggressively than needed. "Far too long brother," He said the word almost mockingly, like it was an infectious disease that can spread. "I see that you have passed through your goth phase," Damien noticed how Aaron wasn't wearing black. "I wasn't aware that James needed company." Another subtle glare at Aaron. "Especially from you."

James coward in fear beside Rose, grasping her arm for the life of him as his shoulders trembled. Rose could feel the lump in her throat throb, but she found the courage to wrap James in her arms.

"And who is this?" Damien's gaze – which reminded Rose of Aaron's stare so much – settled on the blonde haired girl. "Another acquaintance I don't know about?"

"She is none of your concern," Aaron replied calmly, and Rose could make out how the British of his voice was somehow matching up to his brothers. "She stays out of this."

"I don't quite remember you making the instructions, Aaron," Damien said sharply, eyes still on Rose. She was starting to feel uncomfortable under his gaze, and she couldn't wrap her head around how someone with Aaron's beautiful eyes could be this malicious. "But I do remember you not following them when given." Damien spared once glance at Aaron. "I reckon anything has changed."

"James," Damien almost smiled. "I didn't quite see you there. Sit up straight will you? Posture reflects confidence," He said. "We wouldn't want you to end up like Aaron, now would we?"

"Hey," Rose couldn't stop herself. "Don't talk about Aaron like that."

Aaron clenched his jaw, and his eyes held this level of uncertainty, but Damien he – he seemed pleased, almost amused. "Not from our island, I see," He observed, referring to Rose's Canadian accent. "Let us formally introduce ourselves. I am Damien DeGarner, CEO of the DeGarner International Hotels," He surprised Rose by walking towards her, and pulling her up by the sleeve of her dress. "A pleasure to meet you." He shook her hand, gentler than how he shook Aaron's, and then left her a kiss on her knuckles.

Aaron looked like he was about to kill, but Rose sent him a reassuring look. "I wish I could say the same," She had no idea where this confidence was coming from, but there was a fire inside of her chest – a fire for Aaron, and nothing could stop her.

"Oh," A cocked eyebrow and an amused smile. "A feisty one," He said, impressed. "Why am I not surprised?"

"As I have stated before," Aaron said. "She stays out of this." He repeated.

"But where will be the fun in that?" Damien said. "And James, don't you give your elder brother a greeting?" He shot a glare at Aaron. "Is this what his influence has on you?"

But James stood up; a fragile boy walking up to Damien before he hastily shook his eldest brother's hand while his elbows were shivering. "A pleasure," James' voice was quiet, laced in subtle fear. "I missed you Damien."

"There we go," Damien smiled for once, and Rose immediately noticed the dimples he had. "That's more better."

"George," Damien called out, and the silver haired man was abruptly at the door, his grey eyes glancing up on Rose as though checking on her before he uttered. "Yes, sire?"

"Take James up to his room if you will," Damien requested. "Aaron and I have a few things that require a proper discussion."

"Very well," George replied. "Rose, come along you too –"

"I said," Damien said sternly. "Only James."

George took James in his hands before they scurried off to his room without another word.

"Rose is it?" Damien's blue eyes were gleaming, but there was poison in the way they were looking at her. "Lovely name. German, and typically means fame and kindness."

"Aaron told me it was of Latin origin Rosa and it means delicacy and strength," She informed him. "But thank you for your own efforts too."

Damien just seemed even more pleased by the passing second. He then removed his black suit jacket, loosened up his tie before he took a seat on one of the silk chairs. The white dress shirt fit tightly against his toned chest, but what made Rose's eyes widen in surprise was how much Damien was the splitting image of Aaron. "Of course my brother does tend to have his own touch," He told Rose simply, cocking an eyebrow. "How long have you known him?"

"That is none of your concern," It was Aaron again, and this time, his voice was impatient as his own cobalt eyes glared at his brother. "She stays out of this."

"Like I said," Damien glanced at Aaron. "Where will be the fun in that?"

Aaron dropped his head, almost ashamed. "Are Mum and Dad on their way?" He asked quietly, and Rose linked their fingers over how vulnerable he looked.

"They should be here in approximately 6 hours and 53 minutes," Damien told him, folding up his white sleeves to his elbow. "But of course, it's not like it really matters to you, does it?"

"What are you doing here Damien?" Aaron asked, a sudden edge to his voice. "You're supposed to be in Windsor," He squeezed Rose's fingers, but she could still see the shakes his pinky was making.

"I had a day off," Damien said. "I thought why not visit the family house again?" His blue eyes then turned dark; almost an acidic cerulean mimicking the ocean waves at night. "That is until you tore it all apart."

Rose could feel Aaron stiffen once more. "I already explained my motives," Aaron said quietly, almost calm. "I do not see a reason to say them again."

"And who says I was asking for them?" Damien replied. "It just caught me off guard seeing you here," His eyes glanced at Rose. "With a girl."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Rose couldn't help but slide some anger in her voice, making her even more frustrated when she saw that Damien smiled.

"I presume she is aware?" Damien tipped his head slightly, amused.

Aaron nodded, and squeezed Rose's fingers tighter. "She is aware. I told her everything."

"Then I believe a retelling from the opposite perspective won't hurt," Damien leaned back into the chair, getting comfortable. "Or are you as ignorant as he is?"

Rose bit back an insult. "I wouldn't mind hearing your side of the story," She told him calmly, and it seemed that she shocked both Damien and Aaron with her words. "I insist on it really."

"Very well," Damien grinned, a dimple protruding his cheek. "Since she asked so nicely, you wouldn't mind if I told your girlfriend the truth would you?"

"I would appreciate it if you didn't call Aaron a liar," Rose said. Aaron squeezed their fingers once more.

"Normally I would tell you the whole scenario, but I am too tired for that," Damien said. "But long story short, he messed up what could've been an amazing future." He spat, disgusted. "And look at him now, no proper clothing and of course, his apartment is one for rats." But Damien shrugged, and let out an angry breath. "But it was after all his wish – he deliberately disobeyed direct orders, he chose to live this way. Filthy and poor, uneducated and mundane –" Damien was staring directly at Aaron now, a scowl on his lips. "– you did this to yourself."

"I didn't want to be a puppet, Damien," Aaron told his brother. "Unlike yourself, I want to work hard for my future, not watch it get done for me."

"But at the end of the day it lays to this: which one of us has the financial status to buy a new island, and which one of us can't even afford a new shirt?" Damien was eyeing the rip on the shoulder of Aaron's shirt. "The in between doesn't matter, it's the end result that does."

"Aaron is capable of envisioning the future he wants to be in," Rose's voice snapped both their blue eyes to her. "Not the future he is forced to be in."

"You must have ulterior motives to stay with him," Damien replied casually. "Because he has no money to offer you, if that's what you guessed from him, bearing the family last name."

"Don't talk to her like that," Aaron hissed, an angered vein protruding from the side of his neck. "Fucking respect her."

"I never said I wasn't, dear brother," Damien replied. "I am only looking out for you – just like how an elder brother would." He smiled, but there was a tinge of annoyance in the corners of his lips. "It's been a while ever since Grace, that's all."

"Don't talk about her with me. I don't even want to hear her name." There was poison laced in Aaron's voice, making Rose slightly flinch. She has never heard him this angered before.

"That's too bad," Damien said. "She's been asking loads about yours."

Aaron's shoulders were trembling. "I don't care," He told Damien. "I've moved on."

"Oh, don't get me wrong Aaron – she doesn't want you back," Damien had the monstrous gleam in his eyes again. "She was just wondering whether you were the same failure you were two years ago."

Aaron froze, and Rose looked up only to see his jaw clenched and lips pursed. The sight broke her heart. "Are insults your only way of correct communication?" Rose asked, infuriated. "He's your brother."

"I don't insult Rose, I only point out people's mistakes," He glanced at Aaron. "And he has done plenty of them."

Rose narrowed her gaze at him. "I assume you're commenting on this as though you haven't done any at all?"

Damien widened her eyes at her response, but regained his composure back. "I am not aware of any mistakes I have done," He told Rose. "If any were made, they were done without my intention or conscience."

"Don't make yourself sound perfect."

"And I am not," Damien told her. "I am just extremely well thought." His eyes glittered with entertainment. "There's a difference, love,"

"Don't call her that," Aaron said almost immediately, his jaw clenched and teeth gritted.

Damien seemed unfazed though. "All I did was call her a lovely pet name," His eyes were twinkling from the way Aaron was gritting his teeth. "Just as any other British bloke would."

"Aaron calm down," Rose whispered to him when he fisted his palms. "It's okay."

"I must say though," Damien said. "Your girlfriend's got more brains to her than I thought."

"If you as much utter one more foul word about Rose I swear to God –"

"I guess it must've taken brains of your own to figure that out," Rose cut Aaron off, giving him a soft smile before her caramel gaze hardened over Damien. "It's good to know that there's something in that head of yours."

Damien grinned. "You entertain me – and I like it."

"Go to hell."

"Only if you are willing to join me."

A catlike smirk and glinting eyes, Damien was eyeing Rose like a Chemist looking at the bottom of the meniscus. "Aaron has done wrongs, but he has done right with you."

"I know," Aaron was the one that replied, his voice earnest and clear. "And I intend on keeping it that way."

"Clearly," Damien was off now, taking his jacket before he twisted the door knob open. "The beloved couple needs to discuss about the new dodgy intruder that decided to join the party." He smirked. "I of course, wouldn't want to get in between anything."

Rose could've sworn she heard Aaron mutter Stop using fucking slang around my girlfriend, but she was too busy watching as Damien sent the pair one last glance before he made his way out.

The door closed with a click.

It was silence for a moment. "And that was my brother, Damien," Aaron mumbled, obviously irked. "I hope you two got along." He mocked, sighing.

"Hey," Rose mumbled, looking into Aaron's eyes. "He's a jerk, and I wouldn't want jerks making you feel bad when he obviously isn't worth your time."

Aaron tried to smile. "Will you believe me if I told you Damien was the bearable one?" His voice was quiet, cracking at the end.

Rose could see his eyes swimming in unshed tears. Aaron was never one to cry; not even over the death of Cedric Diggory while Rose was in hysterical tears, and not over Jane Eyre either. Aaron wasn't one to shed tears, but it seemed that when it came to his family, it was a subject that could make his eyes glisten.

"Aaron," She whispered, cupping his face in her palms. "Don't listen to him –"

"But he's right Rose," Aaron said quietly. "That's the problem, he's right and I truly am –"

"Absolutely wonderful," Rose told him sternly. "Just because you didn't accept the ready-made platter your parents made for you, doesn't make you a failure whatsoever." Her chocolate gaze softened; almost like a candle's flame in a dark room. "It – It still makes me surprised on how much bravery all this must have took," She whispered to him. "It must've taken more bravery than this world has."

But Aaron shook his head. "I was reckless, and immature and idiotic to think that –"

Rose silenced him with a kiss. "I love you for everything you are Aaron," She told him earnestly. "And I think that just because you chose happiness over money doesn't change that."

He took comfort in the curve of her neck, and Rose could feel his tears roll down her collarbones. "I love you too," He croaked, sniffling quietly. "But here, I just remember what I had to do and it just makes me – sick."

She rubbed small circles on his back, feeling tears burn the back of her eyes. But Rose took a deep breath, and chose not to cry. She needed to be strong. For Aaron. "You'll figure this out, I know you will."

"You're the only person that has ever said that to me," Aaron breathed, and he left a small kiss to her neck. "And you have no idea how much it means to me."

"I told you," Rose said. "I would cross oceans for you Aaron." She steadied him as she kissed the side of his face. "And we're going to get through this."

He was trembling like a frightened little boy against her chest. "But my parents are a whole different story –"

"But we will be giving them the same ending," Rose told him, running her fingers through his hair. "They won't hurt you if I am around. I promise."

"Is it wrong to say that I feel like such a girl?"

"What are you implying?"

"No – it's not a bad thing at all, it's just I feel so protected, and all warm and fuzzy inside. It's weird."

"Shut up."

"Okay."

But Aaron kissed her that night like she was a shooting star, and he was wishing for her once more.

Author's Note:

Hey loves! How are you all doing? I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, it is kinda effy to me, but nonetheless, I hope you all liked it! 

Vote - I fell in love with the way you voted, slowly and then all at once.

Comment - That's the thing about euphoria, it demands to be felt.

Share - Everything is unstable to Nadia.

And this chapter is dedicated to lordstilesstilinski for being an absolute sweetheart and always commenting nice things throughout the book! I am so lucky to have you as a supporter, and I always appreciate your love in every way possible. I love you! <3 xx (PS - Your profile pic always kills me okay bye)

And of course, there are still loads of dedications coming, I just sorta lost my dedications notebook in a pile of clothes (Don't ask) so I will find it and continue on writing more usernames! <3 x

And you guys, no big deal or anything but we kinda reached 473+ 

But like:

I honestly am so grateful for each and every single one of you, and I just wanted to let you all know that none of your support or love or kindness has gone unnoticed. I truly appreciate every single one of you, and I am so lucky to have such an amazing and passionate fan base. Writing about Aaron and Rose is beautiful, and receiving comments about how other people admire them is even more beautiful. So thank you, thank you for supporting me, and for showing love to Aaron and Rose's story. it is truly, something miraculous. 

I love you all just as much as Sherlock loves John. (Johnlock shipper forever okay don'T FIGHT ME)

That's all for now loves, until next time.

I love you beautiful, remember that.

-Nadia <3 xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
734K 15.1K 33
"Psychos can't fall in love... It's Impossible... They can't feel love" . "Clearly you don't know what it's like to have someone who would give t...
36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...
22.8K 1.8K 11
Everything in life is temporary, because everything changes. It takes great courage to love someone knowing it might end sooner or later, but having...