The Arrogant CEO

By Abeer_Sx

Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and survivin... More

The Arrogant CEO
Chapter 1: Coffee Disaster
Chapter 2: Job Hunting
Chapter 3: The Stranger's PA
Chapter 4: First Day
Chapter 5: Carson
Chapter 6: Art Exhibition
Chapter 7: Little One's Big Day
Chapter 8: Spain? Spain.
Chapter 9: Mr. Happy
Chapter 10: Unexpected Guests
Chapter 11: Work, Work, Work
Chapter 12: Elaina, the B-witch
Chapter 13: Dating Game
Chapter 14: Bewildered
Chapter 15: Hot and Bothered
Chapter 16: Shopping, Shopping and...Shopping
Chapter 17: Wedding Rush
Chapter 18: It's Time to Leave
Chapter 19: She's Gone
Chapter 21: The Encounter
Chapter 22: Shivers and Tingles
Chapter 23: The Meeting
Chapter 24: In The Club
Chapter 25: The Kiss
Chapter 26: New Girl
Chapter 27: Holy Crap
Chapter 28: The Talk
Chapter 29: Resisting Is Harder
Chapter 30: The Confession
Chapter 31: Friend Trouble
Chapter 32: Mine
Chapter 33: Uncontrollable
Chapter 34: Letting Go
Chapter 35: Can't Loose Her
Chapter 36: To The Rescue
Chapter 37: Moving In
Chapter 38: Start to a New Life
Burning Desire
Chapter 39: The Dinner
Chapter 40: Broken Without You
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Flying Back & Apologies

305K 10K 1.3K
By Abeer_Sx

One year, it has been one year since Isabella left New York and got settled in Miami. Isabella had found a good job there, she was a kindergarten teacher while Megan was in her senior year and after that she'll be off to college and Isabella would have her house all to herself. Sure Miami was great and all but it didn't give that New York feeling, she badly wanted to move back to New York after everything was probably cleared. She missed evrything. She missed Ellie, Jessica and the time she spent with her, Carson and his goofiness, Valerie and her sarcastic remarks and most importantly Seth. She missed him the most because of him she was not able to get a proper goodnight sleep, what can she do he invaded her thoughts. Her feelings for him were a mess but she couldn't do anything about it as he was once her boss.

"Zaden, don't push Roxy like that" Isabella said in a loud voice

"Mam, she's stealing my colors" Zaden said. He was a little five year boy, his hair was blond.

"Roxy, you should not steal, you have to ask for Zaden's permission first and then you can share" Isabella explained softly and Roxy, a cute little brown haired girl nodded

"Zaden, can I take your colors?" Roxy asked in a cute voice and Zaden nodded while giving her a kiss on the cheek causing Isabella to chuckle. She went back to her chair.

Megan was going to graduate in two weeks and then they would be possibly flying back to New York. She was 17 as Isabella was 23. The kindergarten teacher job was enough for her to pay the rents, provide them food and clothes and other things it was not that bad after all. After heading to New York she would have to find another job because she was sure Seth won't accept her back as his PA after 1 year as she didn't give him any information about her leaving the city. And she didn't get a call from her lawyer too so that meant that that man was no longer in New York.

I would soon move back to New York, She thought, she can't run away from her problems she has to face them.

She shook her head as she unlocked her apartment, Megan was still in her school. She usually stays at library in her school because her exams were going on and she found comfortable studying in library so Isabella had the home to herself. She changed her clothes and ate the left over Chinese. She opened her TV and flicked the chanel when she saw something:

One of the New York's most eligible bachelor and the CEO of Anderson&Co seen out with a new girl. Could she be possibly his new mistress or just a one night thing? Stay with us to find out more-

Isabella turned off the TV, she was feeling disappointed but she couldn't comprehend why? She was not in a relationship with him or anything so she needed to chill but her heart clenched at the site of him and an unfamiliar girl.

She went to her bed and tried to sleep but couldn't as the picture of Seth and that woman was making her feel sad and disappointed.

***

Megan's graduation day arrived. Her dress was flowy from bottom and fitted from the top.

She bought the dress from her own money which she got from working at a restaurant in Miami attending school along, she didn't want to trouble Isabella more because she was a grown seventeen year old. Mostly the ages of graduated students is eighteen but she started school early so she was a year younger than all the students in her grade.

Isabella was going to wear a black dress to Megan's graduation ceremony. She could sense her sister's nervousness and tried to calm her down. They arrived her school and Isabella sat down in the audience. The graduation ceremony started and the names were called out by the Principal and the students were getting their diplomas one by one.

Malia Rivers

Maria Joseph

Megan Smith

Isabella perked up at the name of her sister, she clapped loudly and grinned. She also took the picture of her from her phone. After giving all the students their diplomas, the principal started his speech. Isabella zoned out because she didn't like those wedding vows and graduation speeches.

Class of 2016, you did it! The principal said and the students stood up and threw their capes in the air. Every single student was yelling and it was damaging Isabella's ears. She made her way to Megan and hugged her.

"Congratulations, little sister" Isabella grinned

"Thanks, Izzy. You know I'm so happy, high school is over yayyyyy" Megan screamed and did a weird dance move causing Isabella to laugh.

"I'm going home, you enjoy your party and don't be late" Isabella said, she was exhausted and she needed sleep. Graduation ceremonies were boring for her.

"Okay" Megan said a bit loud because she was too much excited.

Isabella left the hall and took a cab home. On reaching her house, she changed into her night wear and took her laptop. She booked two tickets as they were planning to go back to New York after Megan's graduation. After booking the tickets, she decided to watch all 6 seasons of Pretty Little Liars. She made some popcorn, grabbed a drink and started the long ass journey.

By the time she finished watching, it was 2:30 am and her eyes were probably bloodshot red. She only watched four seasons and decided to sleep leaving the other two one to the next day.

***

It was the day when Isabella and Megan were flying back to New York, two weeks after Megan's graduation. Megan was accepted to NYU easily and she got a scholarship from her high school so it was not difficult for her to study in a expensive college. Their flight was at 3:00 pm and it was 1 o'clock.

"MEGAN, GET YOUR BUTT IN THE LIVING ROOM NOW!" Isabella yelled, that girl took more time to get ready than Kylie Jenner herself.

"Wait a minute" Megan yelled back.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO NEW YORK FASHION WEEK MEGAN. FOR GOD'S SAKE, HURRY!" Isabella yelled back

"COMING"

Megan came down and they quickly left the house, locking it. They took a cab to airport. It was the time of their flight and they settled in the plane and luckily Isabella got the window seat. After about fifteen minutes, the plane took off.

New York, here I come, Isabella thought as she continued to watch the remaining one season of Pretty Little Liars.

The journey to New York was 2 hours and 30 minutes long. They stepped out of the plane with their luggage in their hands. They hailed a cab to their old apartment which they didn't sell before leaving for Miami. The ride to the house was silent. They reached the apartment soon and unlocked it. On entering the apartment, Isabella realized how terribly she missed it and New York. She shook her head and decided to give Jessica a call before eating something.

They ate the Pasta which Isabella made and then they both decided to unpack. Isabella walked in her room and smiled looking at the pictures of her and Megan on the wall. She never took them out. She unpacked her luggage and put everything in her closet. The doorbell rang and Isabella walked out of the room. On opening the foor, she found Jessica and Kevin standing there while Jessica had a big smile on her face and Isabella's expression mirrored her when she saw them. She invited them in and attacked Jessica with a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you" Isabella said, her voice cracking.

"I missed you more" Jessica said while pulling out of the hug. "Why are you crying , Silly? You're supposed to be happy to return back"

"These are tears of joy" Isabella joked as she hugged Kevin too.

"Where's Megan?" Jessica asked

"She's probably showering" Isabella said "What?" She asked as she studied Jessica and Kevin's worried expressions

"Look Isabella, we have someone who wants to meet you" Jessica said while walking towards her

"Who?" Isabella asked smiling. Jessica nodded at Kevin and Kevin went out of the house. When he came back, he brought the man whose fave Isabella dreaded the most. Who destroyed her and Megan's life after their mother's death.

Her father.

Tears clouded Isabella's vision as she tried to hold back her sobs but it didn't work. She sat down on the floor while wrapping her arms around herself. Jessica tried to quiet her down but she didn't stop. She was panting and sobbing heavily while repeating the same line

"Don't hurt me"

The man, their father, Ashton Smith walked closer to her and took her in his arms only to cause Isabella to push him away.

"Don't come near me" She said as she went towards Jessica who made her drink water calming her down.

"Look, Isabella" Ashton started

"Don't say my name" She cut him off. Sure she was scared of him in the past and is now too but she was a grown woman now and she won't let him hurt her again.

"Baby girl-" Ashton started

"Leave my house, father" Isabella said in a calm voice

"Bella, give me one chance to explain"

"Explain? What are you going to explain me huh? That why did you make me suffer all those years while using violence against me? What do you want to explain, that why did you torture me all those years? Do you even remember how drunk you came home every night after Mom's death beating the sh*t out of me? Do you remember how I used to beg you to stop but you didn't? Did you care about how vulnerable I was and how I was going to tell Megan about everything? Did you know that whenever you hit me how scared she became? No. You are a monster, father a monster. I don't want your explanations heck I don't even want to see your face!" She yelled

"I'm sorry, Bella. I'm sorry" Ashton cried

"Go away, father" Isabella said as she turned around not wanting him to see her tears. No matter how much he used to hit her, she didn't stop loving him. He was her father, how could she?

"I'm so sorry, baby girl. I never meant to use v-voilence against you dear. Sophie's death had hit me hard and I didn't want to face anyone that time, I loved her with all my heart and whenever I saw you, you reminded me of her because you look so much like her. It angered me that she left me so soon, I was supposed to be old and happy with her but see, God had other plans."

"But dad, you were supposed to support your children but no, you blocked out everyone and used violence against me. Mom's death had hit us too and we needed comfort that time which only a parent can give, you weren't with us when we're needed you" Isabella sobbed

"I know Bella, It was the biggest mistake I made in my life and now I want you to forgive me so I can live the remaining of my life with my daughters" Ashton said wiping his tears.

"It's not that easy" Isabella said wiping her own tears too. She knew that her dad was genuinely sorry but she needed time.

"I know, but I hope you'll forgive me one day" Ashton said and left the house while glancing at Isabella one last time.

"Isabella, you should give him a chance. He's genuinely sorry, I can see it in his eyes." Jessica said

"I'll think about it" Isabella said

Jessica and Kevin left too while leaving Isabella alone with her thoughts. Her father was a missing figure through out the most of her life and accepting him so soon won't be that easy. Thankfully Megan was showering when he came there because if she had seen him, she wouldn't have tolerated saying some colorful words to him. Megan, she needed to tell her everything too. She ran a hand over her face and started thinking about what to do next.

~~~

Okay so past these days, this book have got ALOT of views, voted and comments and I'm so damn happy for ya'll support. Keep supporting me like this and I'll keep updating ;)

Vote+Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 188 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
1.2M 32.7K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...
9K 257 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...